PDA

View Full Version : arapahos take of the gameweek 12

arapaho2
11-29-2010, 12:50 PM
not much to say,,,the offense fought its way back in but still was a reason we lost

the good....

opening drive
the 4th qrt...solid almost comback

moreno...again looked solid, showed a little burst, hard running and a glimps of why he was a concencus top 20 pick

ah.........

well on to the bad

coach...put down the freaking clipboard...when your defense is struggling on the field quit looking at your offensive clip board...get off your ass and talk to your players, talk to your coaches...do ssomething else than look stupid ...no body believes you got the answer ...nobody believes you know what your doing....this " if i keep looking at my playsheet maybe people will believe i have an answer" isnt working

playcalling...once again we started hot...and faded once the opposing defense adjusted to what we did...where are our adjustemnts on offense...it seemed the entire scond and third qrts were spent with the rams defense calling our offensive plays....are we that predictable?

defense....where?...it isnt all the defenses fault..they can only play with the players they got beside them, if they are old or talentless thats the coaches fault...if their scheme sucks...its not thier fault....the offense also didnt help...after the third drive...the sequence of punt, punt, fumble, fumble punt didnt help

its becomeing clearer and clearer that we just are not a well coached, well prepared team...we lack sustained creativity on offense and seem to be quickly taken out of our only game plan

i think its clear now...theres no hope of saving anything of this season

those mcd faithful that swore...the second half of the season is the easy part and theres no excuse for mcd losing... well we are still losing

its tebow time...no reason not to start the rook to see what we got for the future

underrated29
11-29-2010, 01:57 PM
nice..

You know. I like wink. I think with some players he can probably coach a good scheme, but seriously.....WTF was he or josh thinking the entire game. Sit back and only rush 4... You always bring the heat on a rookie QB. Make them make reads and throws faster than they want. Dont drop 8 in coverage and play zone.

I really like bradford too. A lot and he is too good to sit in zone against. It was not until the 4th quarter when we started bringing pressure that we forced consecutive 3 and outs. That really upset me.

Of course the blown coverages where there was guys W.I.D.E open didnt exactly make me happy either.

arapaho2
11-29-2010, 04:19 PM
nice..

You know. I like wink. I think with some players he can probably coach a good scheme, but seriously.....WTF was he or josh thinking the entire game. Sit back and only rush 4... You always bring the heat on a rookie QB. Make them make reads and throws faster than they want. Dont drop 8 in coverage and play zone.

I really like bradford too. A lot and he is too good to sit in zone against. It was not until the 4th quarter when we started bringing pressure that we forced consecutive 3 and outs. That really upset me.

Of course the blown coverages where there was guys W.I.D.E open didnt exactly make me happy either.

two parts...one being if the defense is all wink..then i have serious doubts about his ability to game plan or make adjustments
second if its the case of the pro josh crowd of last season that josh was responsible for the defensive improvement and the reason nolan left is because he wouldnt run joshes def..then josh needs to stick to what he does best...which isnt good anyway..the offense

MasterShake
11-29-2010, 05:23 PM
not much to say,,,the offense fought its way back in but still was a reason we lost

the good....

opening drive
the 4th qrt...solid almost comback

moreno...again looked solid, showed a little burst, hard running and a glimps of why he was a concencus top 20 pick

ah.........

well on to the bad

coach...put down the freaking clipboard...when your defense is struggling on the field quit looking at your offensive clip board...get off your ass and talk to your players, talk to your coaches...do ssomething else than look stupid ...no body believes you got the answer ...nobody believes you know what your doing....this " if i keep looking at my playsheet maybe people will believe i have an answer" isnt working

playcalling...once again we started hot...and faded once the opposing defense adjusted to what we did...where are our adjustemnts on offense...it seemed the entire scond and third qrts were spent with the rams defense calling our offensive plays....are we that predictable?

defense....where?...it isnt all the defenses fault..they can only play with the players they got beside them, if they are old or talentless thats the coaches fault...if their scheme sucks...its not thier fault....the offense also didnt help...after the third drive...the sequence of punt, punt, fumble, fumble punt didnt help

its becomeing clearer and clearer that we just are not a well coached, well prepared team...we lack sustained creativity on offense and seem to be quickly taken out of our only game plan

i think its clear now...theres no hope of saving anything of this season

those mcd faithful that swore...the second half of the season is the easy part and theres no excuse for mcd losing... well we are still losing

its tebow time...no reason not to start the rook to see what we got for the future

I'm all for starting Tebow soon. But not in KC in December! :lol:

arapaho2
11-29-2010, 06:41 PM
I'm all for starting Tebow soon. But not in KC in December! :lol:

why not...the best way to see a qbs reaction to stress is to put him in a stressful situation

im not saying orton isnt doing the job adequetly...just that if tebow is the future...show us what he's made of...in times of adversity...the talent typically shows through

i mean at this point the season is a waste..theres no post season...so why not give the rook his shot...at the very least our top five draft slot is safe

BORDERLINE
11-29-2010, 07:08 PM
the whole game the middle of the field was wide open to that rams wr Gibson...he looked like wes welker for crying out loud.

No adjustments where made...not one....
and having the ball at the 50 with one minute left all Orton had to do was get us in field goal range and the game manager couldn't even do that...

Bosco
11-29-2010, 09:39 PM
Good post, except for this part...

coach...put down the freaking clipboard...when your defense is struggling on the field quit looking at your offensive clip board...get off your ass and talk to your players, talk to your coaches...do ssomething else than look stupid ...no body believes you got the answer ...nobody believes you know what your doing....this " if i keep looking at my playsheet maybe people will believe i have an answer" isnt working That "clipboard" (it's actually laminated sheets of the playcalls and gameplan) is pretty important. From the end of the whistle Josh has about 10-15 seconds to get the down/distance/hashmark/personnel information from the coaching booth, find the appropriate play call on the card and then relay that information into Orton in the huddle. After those 10-15 seconds, the link to the field is cut off per league policy, so there simply isn't enough time to be doing a lot of rah rah stuff. All that is handled when the defense is on the field or during timeouts and commercial breaks.

playcalling...once again we started hot...and faded once the opposing defense adjusted to what we did...where are our adjustemnts on offense...it seemed the entire scond and third qrts were spent with the rams defense calling our offensive plays....are we that predictable? Same problem we've been dealing with all year. You don't get any yardage on first down and then those 2nd and long and 3rd and long situations don't lend themselves to a whole lot of creative playcalling. We absolutely, someway, somehow, need to do a better job of moving the football on first down.

Like, right now.