PDA

View Full Version : Who should be fired?

broncofaninfla
11-29-2010, 10:24 AM
Obvioulsy things aren't working for the current Denver Broncos. Upon completion of our worst season in over 20 years, who, if anybody should be terminated and why. How would it benifit the franchise?

chazoe60
11-29-2010, 10:26 AM
Ellis, Xanders, and McD should all be shown the door.

These guys are all obviously inept at the positions they have.

I don't think there is much explanation needed really

camdisco24
11-29-2010, 10:30 AM
Someone needs to go. I personally think we need a new GM to get things back on track. Firing McD might be a good thing, but I see alot of downside too... I'm really lost at what to do at this point. I'm getting tired of all the BS from this current staff, but I dont want to be like McD himself and give up too quickly on certain people...

BigDaddyBronco
11-29-2010, 10:30 AM
If I fired anyone it would be Xanders and Ellis. I doubt Eliis goes anywhere, but it would be nice if they brought in an experienced GM who had authority over McDaniels.

Tned
11-29-2010, 10:33 AM
Ohhh, the dreaded public poll....

I voted none, but I'm on the fence with Xanders. I have said from day one that McDaniels shouldn't have been given full control, which is essentially what happened when the Goodmans were fired.

So, maybe I should have said Xanders. The reason I didn't is that I'm torn. Part of me says bring in a strong GM, part of me says we've gone this far down the yellow brick road, we need to stay the course and see it through.

BigDaddyBronco
11-29-2010, 10:35 AM
Ohhh, the dreaded public poll....

I voted none, but I'm on the fence with Xanders. I have said from day one that McDaniels shouldn't have been given full control, which is essentially what happened when the Goodmans were fired.

So, maybe I should have said Xanders. The reason I didn't is that I'm torn. Part of me says bring in a strong GM, part of me says we've gone this far down the yellow brick road, we need to stay the course and see it through.
I think this is the best chance to bring in a stong GM. Ellis could tell McDaniels that he is on a short rope and that this is in his best interest. Then if McDaniels fails, you have an organization in place and you don't have to go out and replace the whole thing again.

Nomad
11-29-2010, 10:37 AM
If I fired anyone it would be Xanders and Ellis. I doubt Eliis goes anywhere, but it would be nice if they brought in an experienced GM who had authority over McDaniels.

I'd go this route first, though the spygate thing had me firing McDaniels Saturday!!

Tned
11-29-2010, 10:37 AM
I think this is the best chance to bring in a stong GM. Ellis could tell McDaniels that he is on a short rope and that this is in his best interest. Then if McDaniels fails, you have an organization in place and you don't have to go out and replace the whole thing again.

Plus, if you are replacing the HC, it's best to have the GM in place and part of the new hire process.

Dzone
11-29-2010, 10:39 AM
One of the choices should have been fire mcd and xanders, leaving ellis

Nomad
11-29-2010, 10:42 AM
Though I say get rid of Ellis and Xanders, but I haven't the slighest clue who to replace them with!! Perhaps Parcells, but I don't see him coming here!!

Dirk
11-29-2010, 10:43 AM
I chose none. Ellis and Xanders would be my pick if it was there.

I, like very few others, can see what McDaniels is trying to do and I am behind him. However, if he doesn't go Defense in the first round next draft I will have no more confidence in him.

BigDaddyBronco
11-29-2010, 10:44 AM
Plus, if you are replacing the HC, it's best to have the GM in place and part of the new hire process.

Heck, if they did that the last time would McDaniels even have been hired? It's much harder to blow smoke up and experienced GM's ass.

Nomad
11-29-2010, 10:45 AM
Heck, if they did that the last time would McDaniels even have been hired? It's much harder to blow smoke up and experienced GM's ass.

That sounds painful!!!:D BTW, don't give TSA any new ideas!!:D

Denver Native (Carol)
11-29-2010, 10:48 AM
I found the following from Peter King interesting.

But he's a smart offensive strategist. The Broncos did him no favors by giving him an inexperienced GM, Brian Xanders, who clearly hasn't been strong enough to save him from making some bad personnel calls. The team should have invested in a savvy, veteran GM to help McDaniels navigate his way early.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/11/28/week-12-monday-morning-qb/index.html

Slick
11-29-2010, 10:52 AM
At the end of the day Bowlen is the highest on my shit list. He watched Shanahan go over the head of his GM for years and it seems like McDaniels has been doing the same thing.

McDaniels doesn't have the experience necessary to be calling his own shots.

pnbronco
11-29-2010, 10:56 AM

This is pretty much how I feel too. I heard something on the radio talking about another team on my drive out to WA whenever that was. It was some Coach that was younger at that time and he was the GM too in making the personal decisions. The Coach said he had no idea just how many hats you had to wear when doing all that and it's just too much.

The article even said something to effect that Holmgren was really upset when they first took his GM side away in Seattle, but later on was so grateful because it gave him the time he needed to focus on the thing he did best. It was after they took his GM duties away that they Hawks started to win and went to the SB in a few years.

Oh and firing everyone at the same time can make you feel better at that moment, but sometimes you throw out the baby with bath water too.

BigDaddyBronco
11-29-2010, 10:58 AM
At the end of the day Bowlen is the highest on my shit list. He watched Shanahan go over the head of his GM for years and it seems like McDaniels has been doing the same thing.

McDaniels doesn't have the experience necessary to be calling his own shots.

Exactly. They are in this mess because Bowlen hasn't put a good front office in place. He made a mistake with giving too much power to Shanny, but at least Shanny won a couple of SB's, then he repeats the mistake with a 32 year old rookie HC.

Bowlen and Ellis are the ones calling the shots here. What makes people think they will not make the same mistake if the run Xanders and McDaniels off?

Mike
11-29-2010, 11:01 AM
I want them all gone.

If they insist on keeping McD, I can live with it for a short while if they fire Ellis and Xanders and bring in a real GM and put him in charge of everything except the playcalling on gamedays and things start showing signs of improvement.

Right now I feel like I am back in the military and being told BOHICA (bend over, here it comes again)....and just saying "make the bad man stop."

Nomad
11-29-2010, 11:03 AM
Exactly. They are in this mess because Bowlen hasn't put a good front office in place. He made a mistake with giving too much power to Shanny, but at least Shanny won a couple of SB's, then he repeats the mistake with a 32 year old rookie HC.

Bowlen and Ellis are the ones calling the shots here. What makes people think they will not make the same mistake if the run Xanders and McDaniels off?

I agree with Slick as well! Bowlen is in la-la land and my confidence in him is at an all time low!! It's not like fans can vote in a new owner so Ellis seems to be the scapegoat. Now who could/would fill his shoes!!

TXBRONC
11-29-2010, 11:04 AM

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/11/28/week-12-monday-morning-qb/index.html

And there is this as well which would indicate that the cloak of confidentiality wasn't for McDaniels' sake.

McDaniels seems to know he's got a traitor in his midst. Leaking what was said in a private meeting -- and leaking it with the possible intent of slanting it to make McDaniels looks bad -- is a sign that a coaching staff and organization could be fracturing from within. I'm pretty sure McDaniels will try to find out who's got the loose lips, though if it's the same person who turned him and Scarnecchia in to Bronco brass he might be hard to find, because of the league's protection of the whistleblower in this case. Said league counsel Jeff Pash on Saturday: "One of the things about our policy and the duty to report is we do make a pledge, and this is not unusual in these settings, we do make a pledge of confidentiality as part of a way of encouraging people to come forward and also protecting people against possible retaliation.'' But McDaniels still has to be troubled that he's got a leak.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/11/28/week-12-monday-morning-qb/index.html#ixzz16giDcpXP

TheDave
11-29-2010, 11:04 AM
First Bowlen should fire everyone... secretaries, landscapers, bottled water supplier, coaches, CFO's... everyone.

Next get the place fumigated and throw up a new coat of paint while your at it. Point is, get that losing pathetic stench out of the place.

While this is going on he needs to have himself flogged... Yes Josh has acted like a monkey with a gun, but the fact is... bowlen gave the monkey said gun.

After that he needs to pick his ass up off the ground and get to work, 'cause this is a cataclysmic mess.

On a more serious note, I hope Bowlen is in good health... because he has an ungodly amount of work ahead of him.

broncofaninfla
11-29-2010, 11:45 AM
Honestly I feel Xanders absolutely has to go. Somebody has to be held accountable for the current state of the team. I'd back off on firing Mcd if Xanders gets the boot and is replaced by a bonifide NFL GM.

GEM
11-29-2010, 11:53 AM

See, I could live with that. But to continue down this path is the same as replacing and starting over. Still shit.

BroncoWave
11-29-2010, 11:57 AM
I think he should bring in a real GM and let him evaluate if he wants to keep McDaniels or not. That seems most fair.

Northman
11-29-2010, 12:07 PM
All of the Above. Clean house.

BigDaddyBronco
11-29-2010, 12:08 PM
See, I could live with that. But to continue down this path is the same as replacing and starting over. Still shit.
I bet nothing changes.

Slick
11-29-2010, 12:16 PM
I think he should bring in a real GM and let him evaluate if he wants to keep McDaniels or not. That seems most fair.

I agree but we already have a real GM. What we need is a GM that knows what he is doing and one that won't bow down to the head coach.

frauschieze
11-29-2010, 12:20 PM
I agree but we already have a real GM. What we need is a GM that knows what he is doing and one that won't bow down to the head coach.

Xanders is not a real GM. He's a rubber stamping accountant. A damn good accountant from what I hear, but he doesn't do many of the normal GM duties. GM in name only.

Unless....are you referring to McD as our real GM?

Slick
11-29-2010, 12:54 PM
Xanders is not a real GM. He's a rubber stamping accountant. A damn good accountant from what I hear, but he doesn't do many of the normal GM duties. GM in name only.

Unless....are you referring to McD as our real GM?

I was referring to Xanders because I thought he was hired to be the GM.

Lancane
11-29-2010, 01:29 PM
Who should be fired, is a far cry from who will be fired. I believe Joe Ellis has earned to be shown the door, but I don't see it coming to fruition. He'll throw someone else under the bus, even though he was a major factor in how this has come to play out. McDaniels and Xanders, those who'll be eventually run over by that same aforementioned bus are just as deserving. When someone tries to pull off what is equal to and nothing short of a coup d'état, then all those involved should be held accountable.

But, unlike military rules, laws and conjectures...this is pro football, so we as fans will be happy just to see heads role. And McDaniels' head is the one most needed to sate the fan's outrage and our sorrow. But even when and if that happens, Xanders should still be careful, his neck is in a noose as well, invisible to the naked eye, but it's still a noose, and Ellis would be more then happy to use it in order to save his own ass if need be.

JDL
11-29-2010, 01:42 PM
Whomever showed a pro bowl short-yardage/TD wiz of a RB the door without even giving him a shot, despite endless RB injuries and even in a game where his only other healthy RB was about to collapse from overuse when the team has struggled so badly for exactly that type of RB... should be fired.

Whomever wasted valuable high draft picks moving up for a midget CB who cannot cover (see Turkey Day slaughter) and a TE we haven't heard a peep from along with several other questionable draft day trades.

Whomever could not work things out with a D-Coordinator who pieced together a rag-tag bunch into a group that was 12th in the league in points allowed, in favor of doing things his way with a D-Coordinator responsible for a unit that is 32nd out of 32 teams in points allowed, while that former D-Coordinator now leads a unit 10th in points allowed.

Whomever allowed a rogue videographer into a position where he could completely and utterly embarrass the franchise and put a permanent black stain on its history and reputation.

Whomever is ultimately responsible for a team that has gone 5 and 16 over the last 21 games... a mark of futility most Broncos fans haven't seen in their lifetime.

That's my vote for who should be fired...the powers that be can determine who that person or people are.

underrated29
11-29-2010, 02:14 PM
right now. None of them.

Who is out there that can actually come in, replace these people AND do a better job? I do not see anyone.....Plus there is no way that bowlen is going to pay salary to shanny, josh and a new coach. Its just not going to happen.

Plus people seem to forget that we Just cleaned house last year with Mcd. If we get a new coaching staff, we are once again going to go through the cleaning house and once again suck balls. Like shannys team, the offense is in place, and now all we need is some defense. Shanny did not get that shot to fix it. Lets see if this guy can.

Our defensive woes are always the same. We can either not rush the passer, or not stop the run. If we devote our talent to stuffing run, we can, but alas the QB will destroy us as we have no pressure. If we bring the heat on the QB, they run all over us.

we have 4 picks in the top 100....And we get Doom back. Lets not cut the cord yet. At least with cleaning house. Xandars and ellis....maybe one or both of them can go, but not all of our coaching staff.

Broncolingus
11-29-2010, 04:25 PM
I wonder how Denver would be doing with a 'good' GM in place?

I guess if Xnders is a figurehead (or puppet) to Joshy, then Joshy, but if he is really empowered (yes, I said really) to be the GM, I've got the most issue with him...

JMO...

HORSEPOWER 56
11-29-2010, 04:43 PM
Like shannys team, the offense is in place

Pass that shit this way! Our offense sucks ass and is just as bad as our defense! How you could make a statement like "the offense is in place" when they average about 2 TD drives a game this season is ABSOLUTELY LUDICROUS!

arapaho2
11-29-2010, 04:45 PM

so mcd is a genious...but needs someone to hold his hand and reign himm in from makeing utterly stupid personal moves

:confused:........:coffee:......:shocked:......... .:lol:

underrated29
11-29-2010, 06:55 PM
Pass that shit this way! Our offense sucks ass and is just as bad as our defense! How you could make a statement like "the offense is in place" when they average about 2 TD drives a game this season is ABSOLUTELY LUDICROUS!

well i am too lazy at the moment to pull up the stats from shannys last year heres offense. Compared to this years offense, but I bet they are not that far off.

and imo not that dissimiliar. Both had injuries up the butt. Shannys year we had like 30 rbs go down. This year we have not had our OL healthy. I bet that shannys year we had more yards per game, but kyles numbers would better jays. our 30 rbs who went down would probably equate to more yards than knowshon, maroney and the other guys we have. Still- IMO this offense is pretty much set right now. What holds it back is play calling and an elite QB (like Jay was)

But if you want to do the honor to pull them both up to compare........
Who knows you could totally prove me wrong.

Bosco
11-29-2010, 09:34 PM
I wouldn't be at all upset if Ellis was replaced with someone like Elway.

Lancane
11-29-2010, 10:14 PM
well i am too lazy at the moment to pull up the stats from shannys last year heres offense. Compared to this years offense, but I bet they are not that far off.

and imo not that dissimiliar. Both had injuries up the butt. Shannys year we had like 30 rbs go down. This year we have not had our OL healthy. I bet that shannys year we had more yards per game, but kyles numbers would better jays. our 30 rbs who went down would probably equate to more yards than knowshon, maroney and the other guys we have. Still- IMO this offense is pretty much set right now. What holds it back is play calling and an elite QB (like Jay was)

But if you want to do the honor to pull them both up to compare........
Who knows you could totally prove me wrong.

The offense is worse now, trust me...the stats are depressing to look at, the defense and offense are both worse! Ughhhhh.

Lancane
11-29-2010, 10:15 PM
Can I change my answer?

Bowlen should fire himself, and just stick with dealing with the NFL Committees and such on behalf of the Board of Directors, and let Elway be the President and CEO.

:coffee:

broncofaninfla
11-30-2010, 06:34 AM

I would love this. The New England stench needs to be removed from Dove Valley. The Broncos need thier own idendity, who better than Mr Bronco himself.

Jake Klug
11-30-2010, 11:40 AM
Obvioulsy things aren't working for the current Denver Broncos. Upon completion of our worst season in over 20 years, who, if anybody should be terminated and why. How would it benifit the franchise?

Good poll. Simple and straight forward with a proper combination of valid options.

Elevation inc
11-30-2010, 12:02 PM
Fire Joe Ellis(replace him with elway), Brian xanders, Clancy Barone and any other lame assitants we have. Strip MCD of his super powers and make him just the HC. Get a powerful vet GM, get a stud OL coach, and sit MCd's ass down before next season and say this is it, playoffs or your gone no excuses......balance your playcalling and do what our GM tells you in the draft and FA....and help him scout and draft as many f'in defensive players as possible. and for christs sakes josh stop wasting big contracts on guys over 30.....this 1 player away thing needs to go, fix the team and get it done now...

haha that should work....

Jake Klug
11-30-2010, 12:04 PM
Fire Joe Ellis, Brian xanders, Clancy Barone and any other lame assitants we have. Strip MCD of his super powers and make him just the HC. Get a powerful vet GM, get a stud OL coach, and sit MCd's ass down before next season and say this is it, playoffs or your gone no excuses......balance your playcalling and do what our GM tells you in the draft and FA....and help him scout and draft as many f'in defensive players as possible. and for christs sakes josh stop wasting big contracts on guys over 30.....this 1 player away thing needs to go, fix the team and get it done now...

haha that should work....

Too much bad blood. He's already conspired against Goodman. And its not even like he's a good coach.

JDL
11-30-2010, 12:17 PM

That might be a good idea... I like Elway in a non-personnel capacity. I don't want to see another Gretzky situation (man that was ugly here in Phoenix.)

Elevation inc
11-30-2010, 12:24 PM
Too much bad blood. He's already conspired against Goodman. And its not even like he's a good coach.

your entitled to your own opinion, im in the boat that thinks MCD will still be here next year...and after 2 wack ass years josh would be lucky to keep his job and be told just to be the HC......

Jake Klug
11-30-2010, 12:28 PM
your entitled to your own opinion, im in the boat that thinks MCD will still be here next year...and after 2 wack ass years josh would be lucky to keep his job and be told just to be the HC......

Theres no reason to keep McDaniels unless youre Bowlen and youre cheap. He's dont absolutely nothing to justify remaining with the team. Nobody likes him. A lot of people will never like him. And if a lot of fans are honest with themselves, they probably hate Josh more than they love Elway.

Elevation inc
11-30-2010, 12:46 PM
Theres no reason to keep McDaniels unless youre Bowlen and youre cheap. He's dont absolutely nothing to justify remaining with the team. Nobody likes him. A lot of people will never like him. And if a lot of fans are honest with themselves, they probably hate Josh more than they love Elway.

i dont like MCD, but im starting to think we will be even worse off if ellis is still in charge of a new coach hire like he was with MCD....we may end up with dan hawkins or something with ellis still in charge..so i will stick with MCd for a year and hope for the best...if we dont get the playoffs he is gone and by that time ellis will be to....then a proven FO exec and GM can help find a good HC

Nomad
11-30-2010, 12:49 PM
i dont like MCD, but im starting to think we will be even worse off if ellis is still in charge of a new coach hire like he was with MCD....we may end up with dan hawkins or something with ellis still in charge..so i will stick with MCd for a year and hope for the best...if we dont get the playoffs he is gone and by that time ellis will be to....then a proven FO exec and GM can help find a good HC

Yeah, if Bowlen decides to start firing coaches, then he should clean house with the FO as well!! And start the hiring process with a new COO and go from there!!

Tned
11-30-2010, 12:50 PM

It was pretty clear that Bowlen was a big part, if not the major part, of the decision to get McDaniels.

Did you see what happened when McD went scorched earth on the roster? You guys are working your self into a frenzy about doing the same thing to the execs. Once again, be careful what you wish for.

Jake Klug
11-30-2010, 12:54 PM

All of the above was an option.

Elevation inc
11-30-2010, 12:55 PM
It was pretty clear that Bowlen was a big part, if not the major part, of the decision to get McDaniels.

Did you see what happened when McD went scorched earth on the roster? You guys are working your self into a frenzy about doing the same thing to the execs. Once again, be careful what you wish for.

wrong Ellis did the interview and it was ellis who vouched for MCD to bowlen, it was also ellis who got rid of the goodman's because Jim was pissed about the cutler thing...that was horrible jim goodman for brian xanders......ellis is a tool and needs to go sorry T dont buy your be careful what you wish for stuff here.....

sanluis
11-30-2010, 12:58 PM
None... another AFCW team fired a coach every two years... how did that work out for them? :confused:

NFL record for double digit loses :shocked: Not that I would mind :D

JDL
11-30-2010, 01:01 PM
right now. None of them.

Who is out there that can actually come in, replace these people AND do a better job? I do not see anyone.....Plus there is no way that bowlen is going to pay salary to shanny, josh and a new coach. Its just not going to happen.

Plus people seem to forget that we Just cleaned house last year with Mcd. If we get a new coaching staff, we are once again going to go through the cleaning house and once again suck balls. Like shannys team, the offense is in place, and now all we need is some defense. Shanny did not get that shot to fix it. Lets see if this guy can.

Our defensive woes are always the same. We can either not rush the passer, or not stop the run. If we devote our talent to stuffing run, we can, but alas the QB will destroy us as we have no pressure. If we bring the heat on the QB, they run all over us.

we have 4 picks in the top 100....And we get Doom back. Lets not cut the cord yet. At least with cleaning house. Xandars and ellis....maybe one or both of them can go, but not all of our coaching staff.

Jon Gruden
Bill Cowher
Jeff Fisher (possibly)
Tony Dungy (seems intent on staying retired)
Gary Kubiak (possibly)
Ron Rivera
Brian Schottenheimer/Marty Schottenheimer combo (I think Marty is friends with Pat and it's been talked about before... good reg season coaching horrible postseason...but right now I'd take it, 2 losing seasons in 21... can't believe I've been driven to this point though)

Newer Names
Mike Heimerdinger (once a highly thought of HC candidate)
Jim Harbaugh (very high profile HC for next year both college and NFL)
Perry Fewell (Giants DC and top HC candidate for next year)
Leslie Frazier (Probably doesn't get out of Minnesota)

I think this team could be tailor-made for an old-school coach, Cowher once did wonders with Kordell Stewart, Fisher did wonders with Steve McNair ... I don't know about Marty ball but Orton is perfect for that.

I think we need an experienced Head Coach though... somebody who can bring much needed stability and sanity, not to mention respectability back to the lockerroom. Pair him with Capers or a John Fox... just another old-school Defensive mind to focus on that along with a good GM... see Cowher fits because he doesn't need total control, or someone like Fisher would be ideal because he probably is tired of having Bud Adams meddle in his coaching and wants a QB with a tremendous work ethic (that would be Tebow) and could rely upon Orton til he is ready. Orton is the consummate pro and we need that from all levels of the regime... GM, President, etc....

I like the idea of hiring Elway (brings instant goodwill) as President

GM, I don't know (no suggestion other than bringing Goodmans back, but I want someone who is very savvy in the NFL draft.)

Coach - Fisher/Cowher/Marty (I have to keep putting Marty in there and I hate it, but the guy is a monster in the regular season and has stabilized so many organizations before - its to the point where we can worry about playoffs later, let's worry about fundamentals now.)

DC - John Fox

I like the idea of going simple, fundamental, stop trying to be this flashy high wire act. I don't want to become inept on offense... but there was a time not that long ago that we really weren't this pass happy team... two super bowls wins ago

513 and 491 pass attempts in our Championship season. We're on pace for 625 pass attempts this year... that's just ridiculous. Indianapolis never could win a Super Bowl doing that... they got to the playoffs and finally figured out... Addai Addai Addai... same thing happened to St. Louis back in the day...when they suddenly started rushing Faulk a ton more than the regular season. I guess it can get you there and it is becoming more common to see teams like that, but only because every team is almost like that (last years Super bowl)... it's why the Jets improbably continue to dominate all these pass happy teams. Balance.

I'd love to see us pick up Jonathan Stewart or Marion Barber, very good big backs. And continue to try and build up that OL... who we get for that I don't know.

Tned
11-30-2010, 01:04 PM
wrong Ellis did the interview and it was ellis who vouched for MCD to bowlen, it was also ellis who got rid of the goodman's because Jim was pissed about the cutler thing...that was horrible jim goodman for brian xanders......ellis is a tool and needs to go sorry T dont buy your be careful what you wish for stuff here.....

You don't have to buy my be sorry what you wish for, but you need to at least get your facts straight, at least you you can reach the right conclusions.

Bowlen, Ellis and Goodman had the initial meeting/interview with McDaniels, from which reportedly Bowlen was sold on McDaniels. Bowlen did not attend the lengthy, followup interview.

Elevation inc
11-30-2010, 01:06 PM
You don't have to buy my be sorry what you wish for, but you need to at least get your facts straight, at least you you can reach the right conclusions.

Bowlen, Ellis and Goodman had the initial meeting/interview with McDaniels, from which reportedly Bowlen was sold on McDaniels. Bowlen did not attend the lengthy, followup interview.

lol......

Jake Klug
11-30-2010, 01:07 PM
Jon Gruden
Bill Cowher
Jeff Fisher (possibly)
Tony Dungy (seems intent on staying retired)
Gary Kubiak (possibly)
Ron Rivera
Brian Schottenheimer/Marty Schottenheimer combo (I think Marty is friends with Pat and it's been talked about before... good reg season coaching horrible postseason...but right now I'd take it, 2 losing seasons in 21... can't believe I've been driven to this point though)

Newer Names
Mike Heimerdinger (once a highly thought of HC candidate)
Jim Harbaugh (very high profile HC for next year both college and NFL)
Perry Fewell (Giants DC and top HC candidate for next year)
Leslie Frazier (Probably doesn't get out of Minnesota)

I think this team could be tailor-made for an old-school coach, Cowher once did wonders with Kordell Stewart, Fisher did wonders with Steve McNair ... I don't know about Marty ball but Orton is perfect for that.

I think we need an experienced Head Coach though... somebody who can bring much needed stability and sanity, not to mention respectability back to the lockerroom. Pair him with Capers or a John Fox... just another old-school Defensive mind to focus on that along with a good GM... see Cowher fits because he doesn't need total control, or someone like Fisher would be ideal because he probably is tired of having Bud Adams meddle in his coaching and wants a QB with a tremendous work ethic (that would be Tebow) and could rely upon Orton til he is ready. Orton is the consummate pro and we need that from all levels of the regime... GM, President, etc....

I like the idea of hiring Elway (brings instant goodwill) as President

GM, I don't know (no suggestion other than bringing Goodmans back, but I want someone who is very savvy in the NFL draft.)

Coach - Fisher/Cowher/Marty (I have to keep putting Marty in there and I hate it, but the guy is a monster in the regular season and has stabilized so many organizations before - its to the point where we can worry about playoffs later, let's worry about fundamentals now.)

DC - John Fox

I like the idea of going simple, fundamental, stop trying to be this flashy high wire act. I don't want to become inept on offense... but there was a time not that long ago that we really weren't this pass happy team... two super bowls wins ago
513 and 491 pass attempts in our Championship season. We're on pace for 625 pass attempts this year... that's just ridiculous. Indianapolis never could win a Super Bowl doing that... they got to the playoffs and finally figured out... Addai Addai Addai... same thing happened to St. Louis back in the day...when they suddenly started rushing Faulk a ton more than the regular season. I guess it can get you there and it is becoming more common to see teams like that, but only because every team is almost like that (last years Super bowl)... it's why the Jets improbably continue to dominate all these pass happy teams. Balance.

I'd love to see us pick up Jonathan Stewart or Marion Barber, very good big backs. And continue to try and build up that OL... who we get for that I don't know.

I dont agree with a lot of what you said, but I think this will win points with a lot of people. This was one of the things Schlereth was commenting about too. Id rather start with a defense and a running game.

JDL
11-30-2010, 01:09 PM
None... another AFCW team fired a coach every two years... how did that work out for them? :confused:

NFL record for double digit loses :shocked: Not that I would mind :D

How about the team leading the division who gave Herm Edwards a 3rd!!! year.. yeah, how'd that work out? They have Haley now and they are CLEARLY heading in the right direction.

Denver is 2nd or 3rd to the bottom in margin of defeat this year ... we are not competitive... that isn't improving.

Again, basically all the top coaches in the league right now, took over similarly situated teams if not far worse... and in many cases they were 5 win or less teams... and produced within the first two seasons.... I don't get this idea that people have that 3 years is standard or that McD should get special treatment... I mean coaches taking over 1 win teams have done far more in their first two seasons... several have deep playoff wins taking over very poor teams... yet McDaniels gets more time taking over an 8-8 team that was leading its division the year before by a large margin and collapsed at the end... that doesn't sound like a have not team.. at this point, the team is what he made it to be.... and he has to live or die with the results... it could honestly be said that it was Shanahan's bunch heavily responsible for that 6-0 start... including two wins almost single-handedly by Stokely and Marshall.... lest we forget or anyone looks to that abboration of football play.

Mike
11-30-2010, 01:10 PM
My list in order:

Tony Dungy
Ron Rivera
Jon Gruden
Jim Harbaugh (very high profile HC for next year both college and NFL) - I doubt Bowlen wants to go down the inexperienced tree again though

Maybe
Bill Cowher

I would take Marty as a GM, but don't want his kid.

Buff
11-30-2010, 01:13 PM
Ron Rivera? Didn't he get run out of Chicago? I'll pass on him and Cowher... Dungy isn't interested. I'd be ok with Gruden or Harbaugh.

Jake Klug
11-30-2010, 01:13 PM
My list:

HC: Kubiak, Gruden, Harbaugh, Nolan, Brian Schottenheimer

GM: DeCosta, Marty Schottenheimer

Elevation inc
11-30-2010, 01:17 PM
If MCd goes bowlen please do the follwing

New Coo- John Elway(by ellis)
New HC- John Harbaugh
New GM- Jim Goodman
New DC- John Fox
OC- Mike Mccoy

Jake Klug
11-30-2010, 01:20 PM

New HC- John Harbaugh
New GM- Jim Goodman
New DC- John Fox
OC- Mike Mccoy

Why Mike McCoy?

Elevation inc
11-30-2010, 01:40 PM
Why Mike McCoy?

because Mccoy is a savy coach who knows the game....and would be a helper not a hinderance to the new HC, also he and fox have a good relationship.....

Tned
11-30-2010, 01:41 PM

lol......

Ok, is that you attempting to evade the fact your facts were wrong, with an LOL?

Or, are you claiming that Bowlen was NOT in the initial interview with McD? If it's just an attempt to evade the facts, let me know, and I'll drop it.

Elevation inc
11-30-2010, 01:56 PM
Ok, is that you attempting to evade the fact your facts were wrong, with an LOL?

Or, are you claiming that Bowlen was NOT in the initial interview with McD? If it's just an attempt to evade the facts, let me know, and I'll drop it.

its me saying nine characters while i search deep for proof im right:lol:

Tned
11-30-2010, 04:32 PM
its me saying nine characters while i search deep for proof im right:lol:

lol, I can live with that. As a heads up, you won't find proof. What you should hang your hat on is something like...

"Yes, T, Bowlen did the initial interview, just like he interviewed Spags the day before and it was really just a 'get to know you'. However, Ellis and Goodman did the much, much more in depth interview the following week and decided to hire him."

Then I say...

"Yea, Lev, it's true that it was a brief meeting between Bowlen and McD, but Bowlen was reportedly so impressed, that other than addressing the Rooney rule requirements, that he didn't have Ellis and Goodman give any candidate than McD a serious second interview."

Then you say...

"Yea, T, but, none of that matters, because we can't take anyone with a poodle avvy serious...."

The end..

Jake Klug
11-30-2010, 04:34 PM
lol, I can live with that. As a heads up, you won't find proof. What you should hang your hat on is something like...

"Yes, T, Bowlen did the initial interview, just like he interviewed Spags the day before and it was really just a 'get to know you'. However, Ellis and Goodman did the much, much more in depth interview the following week and decided to hire him."

Then I say...

"Yea, Lev, it's true that it was a brief meeting between Bowlen and McD, but Bowlen was reportedly so impressed, that other than addressing the Rooney rule requirements, that he didn't have Ellis and Goodman give any candidate than McD a serious second interview."
Then you say...

"Yea, T, but, none of that matters, because we can't take anyone with a poodle avvy serious...."

The end..

Have you already practiced this in the mirror?

Krugan
11-30-2010, 04:39 PM

Then I say...

Then you say...

The end..

The poodle avvy comment is one of the few I have laughed out loud at in a while.

Perty words there Tned.

Tned
11-30-2010, 04:42 PM
The poodle avvy comment is one of the few I have laughed out loud at in a while.

Perty words there Tned.

In these trying times, we need to introduce a little light heardedness, so if I must sacrifice my Brodle (Bronco Poodle) to help us through these trying times, I shale make the poodle/Tned sacrifice...

P.S. Elevation is still wrong!!!

Elevation inc
11-30-2010, 04:56 PM
In these trying times, we need to introduce a little light heardedness, so if I must sacrifice my Brodle (Bronco Poodle) to help us through these trying times, I shale make the poodle/Tned sacrifice...

P.S. Elevation is still wrong!!!

i hate you..:;)lol..... the poodle comment had me laughing though...and im still searching:D

Tned
11-30-2010, 05:13 PM
i hate you..:;)lol..... the poodle comment had me laughing though...and im still searching:D

I'll help you out:

Pat Bowlen wants to get back to the Super Bowl after a decade's drought, and he thinks last year's participants might just hold the key.

A day after interviewing Giants defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo in New York, the owner of the Denver Broncos met Sunday with New England Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels in the Boston area.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3809893

OrangeHoof
11-30-2010, 07:15 PM
About 20 years ago, an AFC West rival team hired a rookie head coach who got run out of town after a little over one season. Now I think the Broncos may be close to returning the favor. Could you imagine a 15-year reign and a couple of Lombardis for an Oakland Raider franchise headed by Josh McDaniels?

Sickening to contemplate, I know, but history has a way of repeating itself. If so, I hope he won't beat us as regularly as Shanny beat the Raiders.

RebelRocker
12-01-2010, 02:42 AM
COO- Elway
GM- Marc Ross(Giants director of college scouting. Fantastic talent evaluator)
HC-Perry Fewell or Rob Ryan
OC-Tom Clements
DC-Wink(if Ryan is hired) or Ron Meeks(If Fewell is hired)

ST- somebody good

Tned
12-01-2010, 07:37 AM
About 20 years ago, an AFC West rival team hired a rookie head coach who got run out of town after a little over one season. Now I think the Broncos may be close to returning the favor. Could you imagine a 15-year reign and a couple of Lombardis for an Oakland Raider franchise headed by Josh McDaniels?

Sickening to contemplate, I know, but history has a way of repeating itself. If so, I hope he won't beat us as regularly as Shanny beat the Raiders.

I've said from day one and still believe that the most likely scenario here is that McDaniels gets fired from Denver (this year or next) and then goes on (maybe after another OC stint) to have a long, productive career as an HC elsewhere.

Even while being HIGHLY critical of his handling of players and player moves, I think he has a lot of good HC qualities, they are just overshadowed by his youth, inexperience and ego (which many with youth and inexperience haven't learned to keep in check).

So, I would hate it, but I don't think your scnenario is too far out of bounds.

Lancane
12-01-2010, 09:06 AM

New HC- John Harbaugh
New GM- Jim Goodman
New DC- John Fox
OC- Mike Mccoy

I'll go one better, if John Elway is actually named Vice President/Head of Football Operations, then look for the team to hire people that he's comfortable with and knows extensively...this will shock some...but who F'n cares!

General Manager: Jim Fassel (Current Head Coach/General Manager of the UFL's Las Vegas Locomotives)

Assistant General Manager/Head of Player Personnel: Dennis Erickson (Current Head Coach at Arizona State)

Head Coach: Dan Reeves (Former Head Coach of the New York Giants, Atlanta Falcons and Denver Broncos)

Offensive Coordinator: Mike McCoy (Current Offensive Coordinator)

Assistant Head Coach/Defensive Coordinator: Greg Robinson (Current Defensive Coordinator at the University of Michigan)

:D

underrated29
12-01-2010, 02:37 PM
If we were to ever hire dan reeves again as a head coach I am officially becoming a carolina panther fan.

Lancane
12-01-2010, 03:09 PM
If we were to ever hire dan reeves again as a head coach I am officially becoming a carolina panther fan.

Why?

Dan Reeves is one hell of a coach, one of the winningest coaches in NFL history. Elway and him have buried the hatchet, and he's got a great offensive mind, let alone that he runs a Run & Gun variant offense which is compatible with a spread offensive system on some levels. The only mistake Reeves really ever made was trying to trade Elway.

It's kind of corny the hate against him, when he was such a huge part of this teams success.

arapaho2
12-01-2010, 05:27 PM
RIGHT NOW I WOULD TAKE MARTY SCHOTENHEIMER IN A HEART beat

Northman
12-01-2010, 06:10 PM
http://www.drewlitton.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/FireMcdaniels.gif