PDA

View Full Version : How much $$ does PB owe Shanny?

TimBuff10
11-29-2010, 01:53 AM
I know that when he got fired PB was still on the hook for the remainder of the contract. Then when the Skins hired him, it was reported that PB was still on the hook for the difference each year until that Broncos contract ran out. I dont know the exact #ers but if Shanny was making $4MM a year and is now getting $3MM a year from the Skins, PB owes him $1MM each year till the contract runs out.

I can't imagine that the Skins are paying him that much less right now than PB was. I mean after all, Shanny could have sat on the couch at home and made the same amount to do nothing.

Something isn't adding up!

Ravage!!!
11-29-2010, 02:17 AM
I think Bowlen was to pay him 7.5 Million a year through 2011 (12?)... I might be off by a bit, but not much.

So I'm confused as to what doesn't add up? Shanahan could have sat home and made the same amount, but he didn't want to sit at home. He wanted to coach. The Redskins wanted him to coach. So if the skins pay Shanahan 4 mill a year, Pat sill owes him 3.5 a year until his contract has run out (which I believe is after the 2011 season).

TimBuff10
11-29-2010, 02:48 AM
See I am under the impression that the Skins are paying Shanny pretty close to what he was making here in Denver. Are you sure he was getting $7.5MM/year here and now only $4MM/year in DC?

If so, that would make sense but that also makes the firing of Shanny even more stupid considering the unknown that was the other option.

He really should have been given one more year. And if Bowlen didn't like how he was running things he should have just forced Shanny to make changes and if he didn't like it then his option to resign was always there.

What a Cluster this whole thing has turned into!

gobroncsnv
11-29-2010, 07:59 AM
Snyder is one of the wealthier owners in the league, but he's smart enough to take advantage of a bargain when he sees one. And Shanny just doesn't seem the type to be on a set going over the week's games with Terry Bradshaw and the like. The man is a coach, a really good one, and he wanted to get back in the game.
Isn't it kind of interesting to see how everybody is trying to show Bowlen how to spend his money? Got some really generous people out there.

Tned
11-29-2010, 08:23 AM
See I am under the impression that the Skins are paying Shanny pretty close to what he was making here in Denver. Are you sure he was getting $7.5MM/year here and now only $4MM/year in DC?

If so, that would make sense but that also makes the firing of Shanny even more stupid considering the unknown that was the other option.

He really should have been given one more year. And if Bowlen didn't like how he was running things he should have just forced Shanny to make changes and if he didn't like it then his option to resign was always there.

What a Cluster this whole thing has turned into!

Going by memory, he was owed something like 22 milliion over three years, so just over 7 million a year.

The first year, he collected all of that from Bowlen. Since taking the Skins job, Bowlen has to pay him the difference between the $7+ million and what the skins are paying him. I read somewhere that Bowlen is having to pay him $3+ million a year this year and next, based on his Skins salary.

Nomad
11-29-2010, 08:29 AM
Shanahan isn't struggling......I guarantee!!

Luckyshot
11-29-2010, 09:46 AM
Its 3.5 million a year, next year is the last year. Redskins are paying 3.5 million too.

G_Money
11-29-2010, 11:59 AM
Bowlen owes 3.5 to Shanny in 2011, 3 mil to Josh in 2011 and 2012.

~G

BigDaddyBronco
11-29-2010, 12:06 PM

~G
That plus the labor situation makes me think that McD will be here in 2011. If he loses the team or if he continues shit like the Spygate, coaching berating, etc. he might get the can, I just think it's unlikely.

BigSarge87
11-29-2010, 12:08 PM
Isn't it kind of interesting to see how everybody is trying to show Bowlen how to spend his money? Got some really generous people out there.

Bowlen wouldn't have those millions if it weren't for all of us fans blowing our hard earned money on rediculously overpriced jerseys, hats, tickets, etc.

If he wants to keep earning all of our millions, it's in his best interest to keep us happy. Even if that means spending more than he wants to to get this program back on track.

TimBuff10
11-29-2010, 12:45 PM
Well it seems that even though he is spending tons of money on coaches, he is saving on this team. I thought I heard on the radio the other day that he is currently $27MM under the cap for next year.

If true, he has enough money to hire 10 coaches.

Luckyshot
11-29-2010, 02:00 PM

~G

No McD only has 4 million left on his contract, 2 mill a year for the next 2 years.