PDA

View Full Version : Brandon LLoyd is becoming a JOKE

cardoso
11-29-2010, 12:13 AM
His constant worship and defense of mcdaniels is starting to make me sick and showing how selfish he is. He is not a true bronco! He's an average at best wr who has had a good year in a pass happy offense constantly having to throw the ball.

This quote here is what got me

I think he's handling it fine. This is not Josh's issue. Our performance is not his issue. It's a players' issue. This is something we have to take control over and fix the outcome of."

So LLoyd you're going to sit there and take all us fans as fools? THE PLAYERS PEFORMANCE IS NOT MCDANIELS ISSUE?? Really lloyd? Really? If this is not his issue and players have to take control and fix it, then why do head coaches even exist? Why not just go out there alone?

Lloyd you been in the league for 8 years, been cut 3 different times and you are now desperately hoping mcdaniels hangs on to his job for your selfish reasons of getting paid and holding a roster spot. Boy are our beloved Broncos a mess!

Day1BroncoFan
11-29-2010, 12:15 AM
Great post.

:rolleyes:

UrbanBounca
11-29-2010, 12:16 AM
Brandon Lloyd, if anyone, has a right to speak his opinion. He's single handedly kept our offense alive.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

silkamilkamonico
11-29-2010, 12:23 AM
Cue up another garbage worthless post by the "great" Cardoso.

robert ethan
11-29-2010, 12:24 AM
Sorry, the players who used that approach are in Miami, Chicago, and Detroit now. If you're nostalgic for the finger pointers, you'll have to change your team alliegance.

camdisco24
11-29-2010, 12:25 AM
I agree that a lot of our problems sit on McD's shoulders, but I couldnt disagree more about your take on Brandon Lloyd....

Day1BroncoFan
11-29-2010, 12:26 AM
Brandon Lloyd, if anyone, has a right to speak his opinion. He's single handedly kept our offense alive.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Royal helped today too.

sneakers
11-29-2010, 12:33 AM
Hhahaaaaa I love these posts!

chazoe60
11-29-2010, 12:33 AM
Obviously McD needs to go, but in all honesty I wouldn't want the kind of players that would say anything other than what Lloyd said.

BroncoWave
11-29-2010, 12:35 AM
His constant worship and defense of mcdaniels is starting to make me sick and showing how selfish he is. He is not a true bronco! He's an average at best wr who has had a good year in a pass happy offense constantly having to throw the ball.

I think he's handling it fine. This is not Josh's issue. Our performance is not his issue. It's a players' issue. This is something we have to take control over and fix the outcome of."

So LLoyd you're going to sit there and take all us fans as fools? THE PLAYERS PEFORMANCE IS NOT MCDANIELS ISSUE?? Really lloyd? Really? If this is not his issue and players have to take control and fix it, then why do head coaches even exist? Why not just go out there alone?

Lloyd you been in the league for 8 years, been cut 3 different times and you are now desperately hoping mcdaniels hangs on to his job for your selfish reasons of getting paid and holding a roster spot. Boy are our beloved Broncos a mess!

So he should just blame the coach instead of taking responsibility for his own performance? Wow. :lol:

PAINTERDAVE
11-29-2010, 12:41 AM
Nothing wrong with being a team player.

Same as Lloyd is living around the actual team and is insulated from the anger of the message boards...

the OP seems to be living around the intense anger of the message boards...
and is insulated from the reality of what the actual players are dealing with.

Just sayin'...

sneakers
11-29-2010, 12:44 AM
Bill Belichick didn't become a genious until after he started coaching the Patriots....in Cleveland he was a bum....better players, the better your coach looks.

Italianmobstr7
11-29-2010, 12:54 AM
I agree with Lloyd. It's partly the coaches fault but partly the players. McD calls the plays, the players need to execute them. So far they haven't been executing well. Especially on defense.

sneakers
11-29-2010, 01:15 AM
I think it is funny how in baseball teams (where the manager has pretty much 0% influence on the teams ability during games) like the Pittsburgh Pirates always fire their manager every 2 or 3 years because their team sucks....well maybe if you had good players, the manager wouldn't look so bad.

I don't know what coach your are going to be able to have come in and turn this team into a winner anytime soon...so you can change coaches for change's sake, but unless you get some guys in here, nothing is going to change.

cardoso
11-29-2010, 01:27 AM
If one player is playing bad you replace the player....If 2, 3, or 4 players are playing bad you replace the coach! LLoyd is 100% wrong in saying this isn't mcdaniels fault!

#1 Mcdaniels brought in every single guy on this team! These are the "character" guys he wanted so he ultimately responsible for their performance.

#2 It's mcdaniels job to prepare and coach these guys all week and have them ready for the game. If i didn't know better i'd say we haven't practiced in a month.

#3 grahm dropped a pass that hit him right in the hands! You can say it's the players fault, I'll say Tony Scheffler would of caught that. Why was grahm put in that position? because mcdaniels traded schefter away and when it came down to HIS player making a play he failed. That's every part of mcdaniels fault as the players. Tony Scheftler has came down with harder passes than that. Plus why do you have a blocking tight end going down for a pass anyways? Mcdaniels has set the team up to fail over his ego.

WARHORSE
11-29-2010, 01:28 AM
Sorry, I agree with Lloyd for the most part.

While Im not making excuses for McDaniels mistakes, I for one want him to stay and continue, because I believe with better players this guy can get it done.

One thing McDaniels needs to work on is gameday adjustments.

We have shown that scripting plays.........brings results.

Bringing results means we have the means.

Whats the difference between an offense that can march downfield like its unstoppable vs one that becomes predictable?

Playcalling and gameday adjustments.

I believe this coach will learn from his mistakes.

And while I dont like our record, I believe hes going to turn it around.

robert ethan
11-29-2010, 01:41 AM
#1 Mcdaniels brought in every single guy on this team! These are the "character" guys he wanted so he ultimately responsible for their performance.

#2 It's mcdaniels job to prepare and coach these guys all week and have them ready for the game. If i didn't know better i'd say we haven't practiced in a month.

#3 grahm dropped a pass that hit him right in the hands! You can say it's the players fault, I'll say Tony Scheffler would of caught that. Why was grahm put in that position? because mcdaniels traded schefter away and when it came down to HIS player making a play he failed. That's every part of mcdaniels fault as the players. Tony Scheftler has came down with harder passes than that. Plus why do you have a blocking tight end going down for a pass anyways? Mcdaniels has set the team up to fail over his ego.

1. McDaniels most certainly did not "bring in every single guy" on the team. Check your facts.

2. They lost the game by a field goal. If they "hadn't practiced in a month", it's a pretty good team.

3. Graham still caught more passes than Shuffler did this week. Even Matt Heller, the Lions blocking TE caught a pass on Thursday, which means that Shuffler is third string on a worse team than Denver. Gronkowski also caught more passes than Shuffler this week. Maybe Tony is showing hands of glue in practice, but they aren't using him in the game.

cardoso
11-29-2010, 01:45 AM
1. McDaniels most certainly did not "bring in every single guy" on the team. Check your facts.

I stopped reading after this as it's obvious you are mcdaniels himself. Screw you mcdaniels! there's over 50 guys on this team. You brought in all but about 3 or 4. Way to hide behind "technicality"

robert ethan
11-29-2010, 01:56 AM
I stopped reading after this as it's obvious you are mcdaniels himself. Screw you mcdaniels! there's over 50 guys on this team. You brought in all but about 3 or 4. Way to hide behind "technicality"

Hey, it wasn't me spreading false information.:confused: Maybe if you read farther you could straighten me out about what a great game Shuffler has this week, and the past few weeks. You didn't even get Graham right. He came to Denver in 2007. Maybe he knew Josh would end up here a couple years before it happened.

BroncoBJ
11-29-2010, 01:58 AM
How can 1 fanbase be full of so many ....

Nevermind ... Not even gonna say anything :lol:

PAINTERDAVE
11-29-2010, 02:04 AM
Sorry, I agree with Lloyd for the most part.

While Im not making excuses for McDaniels mistakes, I for one want him to stay and continue, because I believe with better players this guy can get it done.

One thing McDaniels needs to work on is gameday adjustments.

We have shown that scripting plays.........brings results.
Bringing results means we have the means.
Whats the difference between an offense that can march downfield like its unstoppable vs one that becomes predictable?

Playcalling and gameday adjustments.

I believe this coach will learn from his mistakes.
And while I dont like our record, I believe hes going to turn it around.

The adjustments are EXACTLY what is killing us...
the other teams are MAKING good adjustments to our offensive schemes...
we start out good and then they figure it out quickly...

and we..

meanwhile are not doing a good job adjusting to THEIR offensive schemes.
They start out ok... and then get on a roll and run up the score...

robert ethan
11-29-2010, 02:09 AM
The adjustments are EXACTLY what is killing us...
the other teams are MAKING good adjustments to our offensive schemes...
we start out good and then they figure it out quickly...

and we..

meanwhile are not doing a good job adjusting to THEIR offensive schemes.
They start out ok... and then get on a roll and run up the score...

Yeah, that must be the reason the Rams looked so great and the Broncs looked so horrible in the fourth quarter today.

JDL
11-29-2010, 02:27 AM

I've never been much of a McD fan, but as a WR on your last chance how can you not defend a coach who has finally 'understood' you and used you to the best of your ability and made the struggles towards this immense success possible. Lloyd is more than an average WR, he has below average separation with great deep route running, understanding of positioning and duping DBs, tremendous hands and the ability for the acrobatic catch. He is not a great one don't get me wrong, but he's always flashed great talent and it was more of an issue with his head.. regardless though of what kind of WR you think he is ... I am a little shocked that you can't separate your distaste for McDaniels with that of a player who is clearly grateful to the coach for helping him make the most of his ability. McD may not be a good head coach, but he has coached up Orton and Lloyd and Gaffney and I won't take that away from him.... and I don't think anyone should lash out so harshly against guys who are really just being loyal... you want that from players and I won't begrudge any player who isn't simply ready to toss a guy under the bus... you don't ever know where your next paycheck is coming from and you better damn well make sure you take care of those people who have done a lot for you. That's just the league man.

Bosco
11-29-2010, 03:58 AM
I agree with Lloyd. It's partly the coaches fault but partly the players. McD calls the plays, the players need to execute them. So far they haven't been executing well. Especially on defense.

Agreed. We've seen how well this team can do when they execute, the problem is they are very hot and cold about it. One week we're one stupid penalty away from beating a very good Jets team, and then the next we get steamrolled by the Raiders. One week we absolutely obliterate the Chiefs and then we seemingly do nothing right against the Chargers. This week we come out strong in the 1st quarter, start getting our asses kicked and then make a valiant comeback effort in the 4th only to watch the offense squander the last drive.

It's very maddening to watch. Personally I think the problem is that the team has no confidence in themselves.

Poet
11-29-2010, 05:03 AM
:tsk::tsk::tsk:

eessydo
11-29-2010, 06:22 AM
Sorry, the players who used that approach are in Miami, Chicago, and Detroit now. If you're nostalgic for the finger pointers, you'll have to change your team alliegance.

It seems to me that two of those three teams have better records than us, in much harder divisions mind you and the third team has a better outlook with future NFL stars (Suh, Johnson, Stafford).

I think if I was a bronco, I would rather be in any of those cities right now.

Elevation inc
11-29-2010, 06:27 AM
I've never been much of a McD fan, but as a WR on your last chance how can you not defend a coach who has finally 'understood' you and used you to the best of your ability and made the struggles towards this immense success possible. Lloyd is more than an average WR, he has below average separation with great deep route running, understanding of positioning and duping DBs, tremendous hands and the ability for the acrobatic catch. He is not a great one don't get me wrong, but he's always flashed great talent and it was more of an issue with his head.. regardless though of what kind of WR you think he is ... I am a little shocked that you can't separate your distaste for McDaniels with that of a player who is clearly grateful to the coach for helping him make the most of his ability. McD may not be a good head coach, but he has coached up Orton and Lloyd and Gaffney and I won't take that away from him.... and I don't think anyone should lash out so harshly against guys who are really just being loyal... you want that from players and I won't begrudge any player who isn't simply ready to toss a guy under the bus... you don't ever know where your next paycheck is coming from and you better damn well make sure you take care of those people who have done a lot for you. That's just the league man.

great freaking post:beer:

eessydo
11-29-2010, 06:28 AM

2. They lost the game by a field goal. If they "hadn't practiced in a month", it's a pretty good team.

Two things here

1. You fail to ignore that McDaniel's DOES make the decisions on the 52 man roster. Every guy is his "own". Don't believe me see Jay Cutler, Brandon Marshal, Tony Scheffler. If he doesn't like them he moves them, so yes he did "bring in" everyone of these guys.

2. You didn't seem to contradict his second point because I don't think you can.

If I add all that up it would seem to me that it is grounds for job dismissal.

Dirk
11-29-2010, 07:20 AM
Here's to you B-Lloyd!! :beer:

A bright spot on the Broncos this year! :salute:

roomemp
11-29-2010, 07:36 AM
his constant worship and defense of mcdaniels is starting to make me sick and showing how selfish he is. He is not a true bronco! He's an average at best wr who has had a good year in a pass happy offense constantly having to throw the ball.

i think he's handling it fine. This is not josh's issue. Our performance is not his issue. It's a players' issue. This is something we have to take control over and fix the outcome of."

so lloyd you're going to sit there and take all us fans as fools? the players peformance is not mcdaniels issue?? really lloyd? Really? If this is not his issue and players have to take control and fix it, then why do head coaches even exist? Why not just go out there alone?

Lloyd you been in the league for 8 years, been cut 3 different times and you are now desperately hoping mcdaniels hangs on to his job for your selfish reasons of getting paid and holding a roster spot. Boy are our beloved broncos a mess!

fail!!!!

Tned
11-29-2010, 08:31 AM
:tsk::tsk::tsk:

Hey, your team needs to get on the ball and win a few games. I don't want the Bengals snagging our number one overall pick next in the draft!!

Nomad
11-29-2010, 08:42 AM
YAY!!:lol:

Dzone
11-29-2010, 08:42 AM
Mike Florio was on fosxports and was floored by how mild the fine was and that it should have been worse, etc etc...He then noted that Mcdaniels was responible for getting rid of Peyton Hillis as a throw in in the Quinn trade.
I dont see much wrong with what Loyd said. Loyd has played like Paul Warfield. I am all for Mcdaniels to be fired asap. I wasnt 2 days ago. I was for w2aiting till seasons end, but with the new developments and the fact that Mcd ratted out the New England patriots, based on moral grounds, he must be fired today.

underrated29
11-29-2010, 01:40 PM
ryan clady, chris kuper, ryan harris, dan graham, eddie royal, stokley (until we cut him cuz he was hurt), marcus thomas, jarvis moss until last week, dj williams, wes woodyard, mario haggan, champ bailey, josh barrett (until belicheck snagged him from us) matt prater.

Those are all from memmory without looking at the roster. ALL were here before mcdaniels got here. And all are/were on the roster to start this year in joshs 2ND YEAR HERE!

So why dont you tell us again how all but 3 or 4 players were brought in by josh?

Dreadnought
11-29-2010, 01:45 PM
As far as Lloyd goes, I totally respect his position and loyalty to McD. I hate McD like poison, but he saved Lloyd's career and will likely make him a rich man over the next few years. I would expect Lloyd to fully support him.

rationalfan
11-29-2010, 02:59 PM

uh, have you ever held a real job with a proper management structure? common sense, professional tact and employment survival techniques demand that you don't call our your boss; especially one who's shown he's not against punishing insubordination.

Poet
11-29-2010, 03:23 PM
If you have reasons to hate McDaniel, why invent some more and then tear Lloyd up?

Denver Native (Carol)
11-29-2010, 03:32 PM

So, if you feel it is ok for you to rip on Brandon Lloyd for what he said, you should also rip on Bruton and Eddie Royal, as they also defended Coach McD, which I am glad they did. And in another post, you stated something like Coach McD brought in every player on the Broncos' roster. When you have time, you might want to check the roster, and then retract that statement.

http://twitter.com/postbroncos

# #Broncos S Bruton: "There is no wavering, no doubt among us as players about coach. We’ve got to go out there and work for him every day. " about 2 hours ago via TweetDeck

# #Broncos safety David Bruton: "We all trust our coach. We’ve got his back like he’s got ours." cont ... about 2 hours ago via TweetDeck

# Royal cont: "You saw that today [with 4th-quarter rally]. We’re not going to give up on each other at all." about 2 hours ago via TweetDeck

# #Broncos WR Eddie Royal: "We’ve got a coach that we want to play for, and we’re playing for each other also." about 2 hours ago via TweetDeck

Broncolingus
11-29-2010, 04:22 PM
I thought Lloyd was having a great year...

...not sure I understand the point being made in the thread?

Slick
11-29-2010, 04:39 PM
As far as Lloyd goes, I totally respect his position and loyalty to McD. I hate McD like poison, but he saved Lloyd's career and will likely make him a rich man over the next few years. I would expect Lloyd to fully support him.

Absolutely.

I just hope he continues to tow the company line and play like a demon after he gets his money.

Most of us football junkies have watched him play for quite some time and while he's made some outstanding grabs in his career, he's never played this good. I hope the best for him.

Joel
11-29-2010, 04:55 PM
Lloyd and everyone else are entitled to express their opinions. Mine is that the former Broncos you reference are leading other teams to victory because the biggest finger pointer in our recent history is coaching (and I use the term loosely) Denver.

G_Money
11-29-2010, 05:25 PM
I thought this was gonna be about how much fun it is to watch Brandon Lloyd at least play like a beast in this woeful season.

Players can say whatever they would like to about their coaches.

Champ has praised Coyer, Slowik, Nolan and Wink. Never a bad word to say about anyone. That doesn't mean all 4 guys should be ranked on the same level just because Champ says good things about them.

I'm glad Lloyd likes playing for this one - he's definitely playing well.

I'm sure he'll enjoy playing for his next head coach - here or elsewhere - just as much.

~G

HORSEPOWER 56
11-29-2010, 05:43 PM
I'm sure he'll enjoy playing for his next head coach - here or elsewhere - just as much.

~G

Especially once he gets PAID... $$$. I fully expect Lloyd to shut it down when he gets the money he wants. Amazing what playing for near league minimum can do to your motivation. Too bad he couldn't do it in SF, Washington (where he did get a big contract that he never lived up to) and Chicago where he couldn't stand out in a bad Bears WR corps.

Love how he's playing this year, but I trust him to keep it up after he gets a big contract about as far as I can throw him.

Italianmobstr7
11-29-2010, 07:47 PM

53 players on the roster. guys McD didn't bring in:

Clady
Kuper
Harris
Larsen
Graham
Royal
DJ Williams
McBean
Dumervil
Bailey
Prater
Marcus Thomas
Woodyard

That's 13 players. A quarter of the roster that McD didn't bring in. It's not ALL McDaniel's fault. Yes he's comprised the roster that right now has us at 3-8, but we're dealing with a ton of injuries and just some good old fashioned bad luck. We should absolutely let McD have 1 more year to see what players like Knoshown, Demaryius, Tebow, McBath, Decker, Walton, Beadles, etc... can do. The young players aren't always going to produce in the first season. I think giving them 1 more season in the system they're getting used to right now will do wonders for our team. Guess we'll find out soon enough though.

Dzone
11-29-2010, 07:57 PM
Graham did not drop that ball. Lauranitus knocked the ball out of his hands. It was a great defensive play. Nobody could have caught that ball.

hotcarl
11-29-2010, 08:07 PM
cardaso rules :salute: