PDA

View Full Version : IN-COM-PLETE!! Petition

Broncos Mtnman
08-24-2008, 05:53 PM
Ok Broncos fans....

I've been to both preseason games and we need to get a message to the Denver Broncos and Mr. Alan Roach.

For those who don't know, Mr. Roach was on record in an interview after he was hired to be the new stadium announcer that he might not "honor" the IN-COM-PLETE chant after the opposing team throws an incompletion.

So far, it looks like he might be serious about getting rid of it. While he has led the stadium in the chant on occaision, he has either been forgetting to do it on every incomplete pass, or he's slowly working it out of the game.

This past week, he didn't do it for most of the game. I went and complained to my account rep about it and he suddenly started doing it, but I'm not satisfied with that.

The IN-COM-PLETE chant is a Broncos original and has become a tradition at home games. I'm asking the fans on these boards to make our voices known to the powers that be and let them know that it isn't Mr. Roach's decision to make.

WE WANT OUR IN-COM-PLETE!!

Sign the petition by responding to this post. If you are opposed or don't care, please don't respond.

Go Broncos!!

Tned
08-24-2008, 05:58 PM
As you say, it is a tradition. It should continue.

NameUsedBefore
08-24-2008, 06:13 PM
Almost everyone I know thinks it is annoying.

But none of them are Broncos fans :2thumbs:

Northman
08-24-2008, 06:32 PM
So that is what they say there. My wife and i could never figure it out when we kept hearing it on the tv.

Buff
08-24-2008, 06:34 PM
I'm in favor of letting the tradition die. I find it obnoxious.

Den21vsBal19
08-24-2008, 06:35 PM
England expects every incompletion to be duly marked ;)

sneakers
08-24-2008, 06:39 PM

That is kind of what makes it so adorable......

.....I love it!

Denver Native (Carol)
08-24-2008, 06:39 PM
DEFINITELY KEEP IN-COM-PLETE - It's been there forever :salute:

frauschieze
08-24-2008, 06:42 PM
Keep the tradition alive!

dogfish
08-24-2008, 06:56 PM

it feels the same way about you, buff. . . . :rolleyes:

:D

mtn, i'll sign, but i do have a question. . . are our fans really so LAME that they can't do the world's simplest chant without the frickin' PA announcer holding their hands?

Magnificent Seven
08-24-2008, 07:08 PM
The Broncos Tradition: Wear Orange, Be Loudest, and Believe in Mile High Magic.

SR
08-24-2008, 07:13 PM
I like the chant. Having never been to a game at Mile High or Invesco, it took me a while to figure out what it meant, but once I did I instantly loved it. It's not as good as the goalie chants that started with other teams taunting Patrick Roy, but it's still a great chant and I'd vote to keep it.

Nomad
08-24-2008, 07:22 PM
When I was younger I always thought they said 'that's our D' :redface:(never been to a game at Mile High,seen only on tv, and once in person saw the BRONCOS at the Kingdome in Seattle on a Monday night in 1993).

Yes, I agree the tradition should live on.

Devilspawn
08-24-2008, 07:25 PM
Get rid of it. I'll have the Raider game on mute given we'll hear it about 32 friggin times.

Not sure about the second half though.

BroncoWave
08-24-2008, 07:33 PM
Ok Broncos fans....

I've been to both preseason games and we need to get a message to the Denver Broncos and Mr. Alan Roach.

For those who don't know, Mr. Roach was on record in an interview after he was hired to be the new stadium announcer that he might not "honor" the IN-COM-PLETE chant after the opposing team throws an incompletion.

So far, it looks like he might be serious about getting rid of it. While he has led the stadium in the chant on occaision, he has either been forgetting to do it on every incomplete pass, or he's slowly working it out of the game.

This past week, he didn't do it for most of the game. I went and complained to my account rep about it and he suddenly started doing it, but I'm not satisfied with that.

The IN-COM-PLETE chant is a Broncos original and has become a tradition at home games. I'm asking the fans on these boards to make our voices known to the powers that be and let them know that it isn't Mr. Roach's decision to make.

Sign the petition by responding to this post. If you are opposed or don't care, please don't respond.

Go Broncos!!

Who are you to say who can and cannot respond? I find that rather obnoxious. :coffee:

Broncos Mtnman
08-24-2008, 07:37 PM
For the reading challenged.....

If you are opposed or don't care, please don't respond.

TIA

NightTrainLayne
08-24-2008, 07:39 PM
I love it. Keep it. . .Heck, make it louder and more obnoxious.

Hobe
08-24-2008, 07:44 PM
In-com-plete

If we don't keep it, other fans will think we are getting soft and losing interest!

Broncos Mtnman
08-24-2008, 07:44 PM
Who are you to say who can and cannot respond? I find that rather obnoxious. :coffee:

OK, if you're going to hijack my thread with this, I'll answer it.

It's a petition. The purpose is to present it to the Broncos. If you were asked to sign a petition by someone on the street, would you mess with it if it was something you didn't agree with?

I could care less if you think it's obnoxious. It's a petition IN FAVOR of something, that's why only those in favor should respond.

Good enough for you?

:coffee:

dogfish
08-24-2008, 08:08 PM

where did he say you COULDN'T respond??

:confused:

obviously, "please" wasn't polite enough. . . . :coffee:

OB
08-24-2008, 08:48 PM
It is my understanding that originally it was only chanted on an incomplete 3rd down pass - kinda giving it "meaning" - it was not meant to be chanted after every single incomplete pass

with that said - i love it but think it should go back to the way it was - if that story is true

Denver Native (Carol)
08-24-2008, 08:54 PM
It is my understanding that originally it was only chanted on an incomplete 3rd down pass - kinda giving it "meaning" - it was not meant to be chanted after every single incomplete pass

with that said - i love it but think it should go back to the way it was - if that story is true

I have been a season ticket holder for many years, and it was/has always been chanted on every incomplete pass, thrown by the visiting team, regardless of down.

BeefStew25
08-24-2008, 08:55 PM
The chant is bigger than any one announcer. Roach needs to get down off his high horse and get in line.

Broncos Mtnman
08-24-2008, 08:56 PM
I have been a season ticket holder for many years, and it was/has always been chanted on every incomplete pass, thrown by the visiting team, regardless of down.

As a season ticket holder since 1994, I can attest that Carol is 100% correct on this.

BeefStew25
08-24-2008, 08:58 PM
As having been to three games in Denver really really drunk, I believe Mtn Man and Carol because I can't remember.

OB
08-24-2008, 09:05 PM
That would be "in-com-PLETE", chanted after an opposing QB misses a pass. The Broncos' PA announcer has been doing it for years. He would annunciate certain words or add emotion to them, such as "first down" for the Broncos or "thirrrrrd down" for the opponent. "In-com-plete" caught on as a crowd favorite in the 1996 season. Particularly, a game against the Baltimore Ravens. Vinny Testaverde threw about 60 passes, with about 30 falling "incomplete". It was a wild game, and afterwards the chant really caught on. In 1998, the cheerleaders began adding a 3-way "in-com-PLETE" motion to their routines. In 2001, EA Sports added the chant to their Madden NFL games. Every year, after a Broncos home game on Monday Night Football, somewhere around the country, somebody will get curious and ask what that mysterious chant is that they can't make out.

My bad

So was Mr. Roach the announcer then?

Denver Native (Carol)
08-24-2008, 09:09 PM
That would be "in-com-PLETE", chanted after an opposing QB misses a pass. The Broncos' PA announcer has been doing it for years. He would annunciate certain words or add emotion to them, such as "first down" for the Broncos or "thirrrrrd down" for the opponent. "In-com-plete" caught on as a crowd favorite in the 1996 season. Particularly, a game against the Baltimore Ravens. Vinny Testaverde threw about 60 passes, with about 30 falling "incomplete". It was a wild game, and afterwards the chant really caught on. In 1998, the cheerleaders began adding a 3-way "in-com-PLETE" motion to their routines. In 2001, EA Sports added the chant to their Madden NFL games. Every year, after a Broncos home game on Monday Night Football, somewhere around the country, somebody will get curious and ask what that mysterious chant is that they can't make out.

My bad

So was Mr. Roach the announcer then?

No, this is Mr. Roach's first year as announcer.

BeefStew25
08-24-2008, 09:11 PM
No, this is Mr. Roach's first year as announcer.

And if he doesn't lose the ego, maybe his last.

OB
08-24-2008, 09:12 PM
does the team or bowlen have any thoughts about it

topscribe
08-24-2008, 09:28 PM
I'll back you on that.

-----

topscribe
08-24-2008, 09:30 PM
Get rid of it. I'll have the Raider game on mute given we'll hear it about 32 friggin times.

Not sure about the second half though.

That's one reason I want to keep it!! :dance:

-----

tubby
08-24-2008, 09:55 PM
-tubby

AlWilsonizKING
08-24-2008, 09:56 PM

I remember when it first started and I used to joke that the crowd was telling the other tean "YOU SUCK FEET!!!!"

IN-COM-PLETE!!! Keep it.

PEACE!!!

Reidman
08-24-2008, 10:19 PM
This has become such a staple of the team, it's like changing their colors in my opinion...

I even noticed that they did not put it into the new Madden game...:tsk:

topscribe
08-24-2008, 10:31 PM
A Reidman sighting!

-----

Reidman
08-24-2008, 10:38 PM
A Reidman sighting!

-----

I've been known to post here on occasion..;)

dogfish
08-24-2008, 10:40 PM
A Reidman sighting!

-----

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/3266/motivator9020304df7.jpg

shank
08-25-2008, 01:23 AM
i like the chant, co-signed

weazel
08-25-2008, 01:29 AM
Keep the tradition alive!

I couldnt care less about the chant, I just cant believe someone has a banner made for Leach! I mean the dude is a long snapper!

Shazam!
08-25-2008, 01:43 AM
Keep It.

DenBronx
08-25-2008, 03:30 AM
keep the chant....

...do we really need to ask permission? i think we'll do it anyway...probablly louder now that some twinkle toes announcer wants it gone.

Thnikkaman
08-25-2008, 07:41 AM
Meh. I would rather they bring back the thunder that the crowd would make at the old Mile High Stadium. I am sure I would have a different opinion if I had been to a game where the chant was used. Alas, I haven't been to a game since the 80s.

GEM
08-25-2008, 09:28 AM
Keep it. For one guy to get the ego that he is going to take down a long standing tradition? Get over yourself Mr. Roach. The chant should stay. :salute:

Thnikkaman
08-25-2008, 09:30 AM
I remember there being a post for when this started. Maybe it was on the freak, but how long have we been doing this?

studbucket
08-25-2008, 09:31 AM
Meh. I would rather they bring back the thunder that the crowd would make at the old Mile High Stadium. I am sure I would have a different opinion if I had been to a game where the chant was used. Alas, I haven't been to a game since the 80s.

At the last regular season game I was at, they mentioned the Thunder to the crowd to try to get them to do it. I've been to 2 games, and several people around me (including us) were doing the Thunder.

Also, I love the chant, during games, I can't wait to do it.

frauschieze
08-25-2008, 09:33 AM
I couldnt care less about the chant, I just cant believe someone has a banner made for Leach! I mean the dude is a long snapper!

One of the most underrated players on the team. Knows his job and gives 110% every play, every game. Never a distraction and a great teammate. Sure, he's a long snapper, but he makes tackles on special teams and for that, he has my recognition. :salute:

GEM
08-25-2008, 09:36 AM
One of the most underrated players on the team. Knows his job and gives 110% every play, every game. Never a distraction and a great teammate. Sure, he's a long snapper, but he makes tackles on special teams and for that, he has my recognition. :salute:

Always love to see people downplay the role of a long snapper. It really shows the football IQ. ;)

Watchthemiddle
08-25-2008, 09:42 AM
That cant go away. There is nothing better than hearing that chant after a rivers incompletion

GRLSLUVFTBL2
08-25-2008, 10:14 AM
You know I can think of more annoying things than IN-COM-PLETE:

1) The Raiders Theme Song

That about sums it up it should stay.

Lonestar
08-25-2008, 11:23 AM
Keep the chant, it gets into the head of the opposing QB, WR, TE and RB..

After all that is what the 12th man is supposed to do...

topscribe
08-25-2008, 11:54 AM
Always love to see people downplay the role of a long snapper. It really shows the football IQ. ;)

Oh, I wouldn't say that, in Weazel's case. Sure, I disagree with him regarding
Leach, but he has shown plenty of football knowledge in other posts, both
here and at Mile High Report. :smile:

-----

GEM
08-25-2008, 11:58 AM
Oh, I wouldn't say that, in Weazel's case. Sure, I disagree with him regarding
Leach, but he has shown plenty of football knowledge in other posts, both
here and at Mile High Report. :smile:

-----

I didn't mention him specifically. I stated that anyone who under values a good long snapper has questionable football IQ. It's not something that just anyone could do...well and it's not something you tinker with to find out.

HolyDiver
08-25-2008, 12:01 PM
I didn't mention him specifically. I stated that anyone who under values a good long snapper has questionable football IQ. It's not something that just anyone could do...well and it's not something you tinker with to find out.

Long snapper is not something just anyone could do? .................LOL !!!!!!!!!! Neither is Cornerback..............WR, RB, Quarterback.............of all the positions, the Longsnapper is the least important. Of course anyone could do it..............if they practice at it. Leach is a 5th string TE if he doesn't longsnap.

GEM
08-25-2008, 12:04 PM
Long snapper is not something just anyone could do? .................LOL !!!!!!!!!! Neither is Cornerback..............WR, RB, Quarterback.............of all the positions, the Longsnapper is the least important. Of course anyone could do it..............if they practice at it. Leach is a 5th string TE if he doesn't longsnap.

Ok, throw Scheffler in there right now and we'll see how he does for the season. ;)

If Mike Leach were cut right now, who would you put in there?

MOtorboat
08-25-2008, 12:10 PM
Ok, throw Scheffler in there right now and we'll see how he does for the season. ;)

Put Lichtensteiger in there, since he played in primarily a shotgun offense in college, and not take up a roster spot for a long snapper. ;)

HolyDiver
08-25-2008, 12:11 PM

Slow down girly, I didn't say cut him.........just that, Lichtensteiger could longsnap if he practiced at it. Leach is a good longsnapper, but that doesn't mean we don't have anyone else on the team that could also be good at it.

topscribe
08-25-2008, 12:12 PM

I agree. Nothing can change a game around faster than a long snap sailing
over the head of the punter, and it's been known to happen.

What I really like about Leach, however, is that he can be found running
downfield with the first wave to the returner. He may actually be the Broncos'
best ST player, all around.

And if he were ever needed in a pinch at TE, he can run good routes and
catch the ball; he's shown that in camp.

Leach deserves a banner.

-----

GEM
08-25-2008, 12:12 PM
Put Lichtensteiger in there, since he played in primarily a shotgun offense in college, and not take up a roster spot for a long snapper. ;)

It's been said Lich might not even make the roster. PS might be on his horizon.

GEM
08-25-2008, 12:13 PM

Leach deserves a banner.

-----

Exactly top. How many times when we're watching punts is Leach the first guy down there? A LOT.

MOtorboat
08-25-2008, 12:13 PM
It's been said Lich might not even make the roster. PS might be on his horizon.

...and we're still employing a full-time long snapper...

topscribe
08-25-2008, 12:14 PM
...and we're still employing a full-time long snapper...

See post #57.

-----

GEM
08-25-2008, 12:15 PM
Slow down girly, I didn't say cut him.........just that, Lichtensteiger could longsnap if he practiced at it. Leach is a good longsnapper, but that doesn't mean we don't have anyone else on the team that could also be good at it.

But it's not something that we could just get rid of Leach and not see a production decrease. Yea, anyone could do it, but can they do it well and as Top added also contribute to the tackle.

We hear every season how Leach should be let go. I guess the coaches agree that it's just not worth taking a chance on.

LRtagger
08-25-2008, 12:17 PM
In

Com

Plete

MOtorboat
08-25-2008, 12:18 PM

Leach deserves a banner.

-----

The best special teams player on a team that was one of the worst at special teams. :coffee:

Is that like being the best quarterback on the worst offense? (cough...Alex Smith...cough)

BroncoJoe
08-25-2008, 12:24 PM
Back to the topic at hand,

KEEP IT!

topscribe
08-25-2008, 12:25 PM
The best special teams player on a team that was one of the worst at special teams. :coffee:

Is that like being the best quarterback on the worst offense? (cough...Alex Smith...cough)

Hmmm . . . you may have a point. So, since Champ was the best player on
one of the worst defenses, then he must not be very good either.

Gotcha.

-----

topscribe
08-25-2008, 12:26 PM
Back to the topic at hand,

Good idea. :focus:

-----

MOtorboat
08-25-2008, 01:19 PM
Hmmm . . . you may have a point. So, since Champ was the best player on
one of the worst defenses, then he must not be very good either.

Gotcha.

-----

We were 7th in pass defense. :coffee:

topscribe
08-25-2008, 01:20 PM

Good point, Mo.

Now, :focus:

-----

MOtorboat
08-25-2008, 01:21 PM
I'll draw some ire for this.

I think the chant sucks.

Buff
08-25-2008, 01:23 PM

I think the chant sucks.

I do too, but apparently our sentiments are unwelcome in this thread... As was noted by its author.

topscribe
08-25-2008, 01:23 PM

I think the chant sucks.

I do too, but apparently our sentiments are unwelcome in this thread... As was noted by its author.

Yes, because the thread-starter wanted to treat this as a petition. In a
petition, you don't get negative signatures, only positive.

We can't stop people from posting negative comments, of course, but in a
case such as this, we do hope people respect the thread-starter's wishes.

After all, there likely may come a time when you will have a similar request . . .

-----

HolyDiver
08-25-2008, 01:28 PM
Hey Topper, are you still a mod?

GEM
08-25-2008, 01:35 PM
Hey Topper, are you still a mod?

What's it say under his name doofus?

HolyDiver
08-25-2008, 01:50 PM

He was suppose to change that.

HolyDiver
08-25-2008, 01:54 PM

Hey Gem, you seem a little.............oh, how should i say it........undersexed.

underrated29
08-25-2008, 01:55 PM
I LOVE THE CHANT!!!!

i admit its not the most clever or anything, but it really gets the crowd going. And on some drives you need the crowd to step it up and get that 12th man on the field.

IE- manning compelte for another 1st down, 3 and 7 and manning continues another drive to the broncos 40. 1st and 10, manning passes, 1st down at the broncos 25. Wow, right now manning has shut up this stadium as he leads the colts all the way down the field.

1st and 10- IN COM PLETE, * gets louder* 2nd and 10- IN COM PLETE *ok lets make some noise and, 3rd-10 *whistle* false start *crowd crazy* 3rd and 15.........

Keep the chant. I didnt even know some announcer guy led the chant. I just thought it was something everyone said.

GEM
08-25-2008, 01:56 PM
Hey Gem, you seem a little.............oh, how should i say it........undersexed.

:lol: True.

Rex
08-25-2008, 02:05 PM

says the expert on being so.

HolyDiver
08-25-2008, 02:48 PM
says the expert on being so.

true

MOtorboat
08-25-2008, 03:05 PM
Ladies and gentleman........................ Mr. Gay Indiana.

Lonestar
08-25-2008, 03:46 PM

mostly because evrybody just ran the ball why chance an incompletion or interception wheh you can run it all day..

RunYouOver
08-25-2008, 04:14 PM
Continue the tradition!

weazel
08-25-2008, 05:54 PM
For the reading challenged.....

If you are opposed or don't care, please don't respond.

TIA

yes, in true American fashion, we only want to hear one side of the argument!!!!

U-S-A, U-S-A, U-S-A, U-S-A,

Crush05
08-25-2008, 07:18 PM
I agree fully! It has been known to frustrate other teams and for the most part they really hate to hear it! It adds to the frustration for them, get's us as fans fired up and helps "OUR DENVER BRONCOS" so even if Alan Roach will not get it done let's do it as fans and get the point across!!!

topscribe
08-25-2008, 07:22 PM
yes, in true American fashion, we only want to hear one side of the argument!!!!

U-S-A, U-S-A, U-S-A, U-S-A,

See Post #72.

-----

Tned
08-25-2008, 08:16 PM
Ok, Mtn and I talked last night and we decided to take this a step further.

I have created a website, www.saveincomplete.com, for people to visit and sign a petition which I will send a hard copy of to the Broncos headquarters.

Each week or so, as the petition grows, I will send another letter and list of the names on it to the Broncos headquarters.

Take a minute or two to go and sign it. 'Maybe' signing an online petition, which is delivered in hard copy to the Broncos, will do nothing, but 'maybe' it will make an impression on Bowlen or someone else in the Broncos management. There is little downside to signing the petition, but a few minutes of your time.

By now, you guys know that I am not in this to collect email addresses to spam away, so I can ASSURE you that your names and emails (email optional, but could help convince the Broncos of the validity of each name) will ONLY be used for the stated purpose, which is to send a message to the stadium announcer and the Broncos owner/management to keep IN-COM-PLETE alive.

Please visit the site, but more importantly, tell your friends, co-workers and fellow Broncos fans to spend a couple minutes and visit www.saveincomplete.com, but again MORE importantly, tell them to tell their friends, email their parents, children, friends in the media, etc..

Let's get the word out and start a movement.

frauschieze
08-25-2008, 08:22 PM
Tned....you are the man. Petition signed. :salute:

Tned
08-25-2008, 08:23 PM

:2thumbs:

Sassy
08-25-2008, 08:33 PM
Done!

BroncoBJ
08-25-2008, 08:35 PM

:salute: Cosigned.

And I signed it as well. :elefant:

topscribe
08-25-2008, 08:51 PM
Ok, Mtn and I talked last night and we decided to take this a step further.

I have created a website, www.saveincomplete.com (http://www.saveincomplete.com), for people to visit and sign a petition which I will send a hard copy of to the Broncos headquarters.

Each week or so, as the petition grows, I will send another letter and list of the names on it to the Broncos headquarters.

Take a minute or two to go and sign it. 'Maybe' signing an online petition, which is delivered in hard copy to the Broncos, will do nothing, but 'maybe' it will make an impression on Bowlen or someone else in the Broncos management. There is little downside to signing the petition, but a few minutes of your time.

By now, you guys know that I am not in this to collect email addresses to spam away, so I can ASSURE you that your names and emails (email optional, but could help convince the Broncos of the validity of each name) will ONLY be used for the stated purpose, which is to send a message to the stadium announcer and the Broncos owner/management to keep IN-COM-PLETE alive.

Please visit the site, but more importantly, tell your friends, co-workers and fellow Broncos fans to spend a couple minutes and visit www.saveincomplete.com (http://www.saveincomplete.com), but again MORE importantly, tell them to tell their friends, email their parents, children, friends in the media, etc..

Let's get the word out and start a movement.

Well, thank you for that. It saves a lot of trouble here because posters do
have a right to disagree in a thread such as this if they want to. If there is
a petition, it should be in the form of a petition, not an open thread. So
good for you and Mtnman.

BTW, I signed it, for all the good a guy who lives in Tucson can do.

-----

shank
08-25-2008, 09:25 PM
signed, Tned FTW

Requiem / The Dagda
08-25-2008, 09:26 PM

Can I second deez?

dogfish
08-25-2008, 09:31 PM
signed it, T. . .

i also started a wave on the broncos fans network on facebook-- the "raiders suck" wave is well over five-hundred people :D, so hopefully that will round up some extra support. . . .

MOtorboat
08-25-2008, 09:31 PM
Can I second deez?

Please, no dissenting here, please. Move along now.

dogfish
08-25-2008, 09:33 PM
that's right MO, slap 'im around. . . .

Thnikkaman
08-25-2008, 09:36 PM
How old is this "Tradition" 10 years old, 11?

MOtorboat
08-25-2008, 09:37 PM
How old is this "Tradition" 10 years old, 11?

Lol...maybe...I don't remember it during the Super Bowl years.

Thnikkaman
08-25-2008, 09:44 PM
10 years is hardly a tradition. Its not like the visitors locker room is panted pink and a group of man hating nazis wan'ts ownership to paint it another color because its sexist.

No I am not arguing that if you want this to continue, that you shouldn't fight for it. Maybe your petition should include language to find an announcer that is willing to keep In-Com-Plete going.

MOtorboat
08-25-2008, 09:46 PM
Alan Roach is the best man for the job.

Tned
08-25-2008, 09:47 PM
signed it, T. . .

i also started a wave on the broncos fans network on facebook-- the "raiders suck" wave is well over five-hundred people :D, so hopefully that will round up some extra support. . . .

What the heck is a wave and Broncos fan network on facebook?

studbucket
08-25-2008, 10:57 PM
10 years is hardly a tradition. Its not like the visitors locker room is panted pink and a group of man hating nazis wan'ts ownership to paint it another color because its sexist.

No I am not arguing that if you want this to continue, that you shouldn't fight for it. Maybe your petition should include language to find an announcer that is willing to keep In-Com-Plete going.

I was at the Broncos-Cowboys preseason game, and Roach did it a few times, but not every time. I'm not sure if he forgot, or was just experimenting. It was his first game as PA announcer. Did anyone go to Broncos-Packers? Did they do it there?

Tned
08-25-2008, 11:39 PM
I was at the Broncos-Cowboys preseason game, and Roach did it a few times, but not every time. I'm not sure if he forgot, or was just experimenting. It was his first game as PA announcer. Did anyone go to Broncos-Packers? Did they do it there?

Mtnman was at the game vs. Greenbay. He said that Roach was not leading the chant for most of the game. Mtn went and complained to the sales rep or something like that, and shortly after that Roach started doing the chant.

slim
08-25-2008, 11:44 PM
Well, I guess Mr. Roach is bigger than tradition.

Maybe he needs a boot in the ass?

Yes, me thinks he needs a boot in the ass.

dogfish
08-25-2008, 11:58 PM
What the heck is a wave and Broncos fan network on facebook?

facebook is a similar site to myspace. . . network of broncos fans should be pretty self-explanatory, and a wave is a message that's made available to all of 'em. . . .

shank
08-26-2008, 12:40 AM
facebook is a similar site to myspace. . . network of broncos fans should be pretty self-explanatory, and a wave is a message that's made available to all of 'em. . . .

ur not in college nerd

dogfish
08-26-2008, 12:48 AM
ur not in college nerd

and you are, dork. . . . :elefant:

Reidman
08-26-2008, 07:59 AM
I've been wondering, how is the chant initiated by the announcer..?

Maybe it's been mentioned already but I didn't read through the whole thread.

Seems like fans could chant whatever they want but I realize it's more
organized and smooth when it is conducted by something or someone.
We've all seen how bad a wave can look when taken upon the fan themselves...:lol:

GEM
08-26-2008, 09:14 AM
T- I just want to thank you for the investment you make in this community. I just signed the petition and am again just floored in the things that you do for all of us. You're the best.

Thanks again!

GEM
08-26-2008, 09:18 AM
Well, thank you for that. It saves a lot of trouble here because posters do
have a right to disagree in a thread such as this if they want to. If there is
a petition, it should be in the form of a petition, not an open thread. So
good for you and Mtnman.

BTW, I signed it, for all the good a guy who lives in Tucson can do.

-----

One guy might not make a difference, but all of us together very well could! :D

Tned
08-26-2008, 10:22 AM
I've been wondering, how is the chant initiated by the announcer..?

This was posted in another thread on this subject:

The old announcer used to set up the chant.

"...and that pass from Rivers to Jackson was..." and then the side scoreboards would light up "IN-COM-PLETE!!"

I think the issue with people that say the fans "can just do it anyway" is that they would then be talking on top of the stadium announcer who gives the results of every play. If it isn't done in coordination, then they will either chant over him, or will be out of sync, as people are waiting for him to finish.

underrated29
08-26-2008, 01:38 PM
i didnt realize that we were posting that we signed the petition. But since we are i am now notifying everyone that i also have signed my name.

Broncos Mtnman
08-26-2008, 02:20 PM
This was posted in another thread on this subject:

I think the issue with people that say the fans "can just do it anyway" is that they would then be talking on top of the stadium announcer who gives the results of every play. If it isn't done in coordination, then they will either chant over him, or will be out of sync, as people are waiting for him to finish.

In addition, there are graphics on the scoreboard to get everyone doing it.

It could be compared to the efforts made by the organization to get the crowd real loud. Things such as "GO - BRONCOS," or the "We must protect this house," or "You're on national television" for MNF games.

The point is, that the announcer prompts the crowd and gets everyone doing it.

GEM
08-26-2008, 02:22 PM

It could be compared to the efforts made by the organization to get the crowd real load. Things such as "GO - BRONCOS," or the "We must protect this house," or "You're on national television" for MNF games.

I love the "We must protect this house" :rockon:

Thnikkaman
08-26-2008, 02:27 PM

It could be compared to the efforts made by the organization to get the crowd real loud. Things such as "GO - BRONCOS," or the "We must protect this house," or "You're on national television" for MNF games.

Don't forget:

"There's a Snake In My Boot"

Tned
08-26-2008, 07:46 PM
Spread the word.

IN - COM - PLETE !!!

www.SaveINCOMPLETE.com

NightTrainLayne
08-26-2008, 08:25 PM
Spread the word.

IN - COM - PLETE !!!

www.SaveINCOMPLETE.com

I signed it. Great idea MntnMan and Tned.

hamrob
08-27-2008, 09:26 AM
Keep the chant. What else is he getting paid to do?

Day1BroncoFan
08-27-2008, 05:10 PM
I am on the record in favor of keeping it going.

Tned
08-27-2008, 07:20 PM
I am on the record in favor of keeping it going.

The peition is growing steadily, but it won't really make an impact unless everyone spreads the word (outside of the forums) and tell people to visit saveincomplete.com (http://www.saveincomplete.com)

Day1BroncoFan
08-27-2008, 09:27 PM
The peition is growing steadily, but it won't really make an impact unless everyone spreads the word (outside of the forums) and tell people to visit saveincomplete.com (http://www.saveincomplete.com)

I went there and done that but I only know of a few Bronco fans in my area. I have already sent an email to all of them with the link.

broncosfanscott
08-27-2008, 10:20 PM

When I just signed on I was totally surprised to see that the Broncos are actually thinking of getting rid of this. Regardless of how it got started, it is a part of Broncos home games and needs to remain. I remember hearing so many times on TV, yet when I was in person it was really cool.

Scarface
08-27-2008, 11:44 PM
If it dies...it dies.

http://www.myteespot.com/images/thumbs/DSCF7333.jpg

Uncle Buck
08-28-2008, 01:05 AM
I agree. It is part of the job of fans to demean the enemy by any means possible. This is a stadium event, reminiscent of the ancient Roman's colosseum. Whereas the ancient Roman fans could call for the head (or loser, tossed to the lions) at a simple "thumbs-down," is it not relatively tame for today's home team football fanatics to chant out, "IN-COM-PLETE," in order to taunt the rival?

Hey, this is football, ladies and gentlemen. It's not the same reality in terms of the mundane day at the office or the men-at-work experience on the streets. If we cannot be IN YOUR FACE at a football game, where can we vent?

Look at it another way. Your boss screws you over, and you're really pissed off. You can't chant, "YOU ****** UP!" at your next "team meeting."

But, you CAN buy tickets to a Bronco's football game and chant: "IN-COM-PLETE!"

sacmar
08-28-2008, 11:28 AM
Geeezzz louizzzee with all the noise yelling and what not at games...people chanting in-com whatever is that much of a bother ?? Give me a break, if you like it say it, if ya don't ....don't. Do they come by and snatch you snacks away if you don't say it or something ??? Let's start handing out publicly approved chants at sporting events...no one is dragged to these games, by a vip booth or stay home if watching the game in a certain atmospehere is your thing, you can tell you family to chant or not chant whatever you want.

Tned
08-29-2008, 03:39 PM
The list that has signed the petition grows every day, and we are less than three days into it. :2thumbs:

Let's all keep spreading the word.

Traveler
08-29-2008, 04:57 PM
Let it die, Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese! It's so corny.

Tned
08-29-2008, 06:37 PM
Just like the old Fabrege shampoo commercials:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgDxWNV4wWY

Denver Native (Carol)
08-29-2008, 06:42 PM
Let it die, Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese! It's so corny.

May be hard to understand the chant when watching on tv, but I can tell you, it is definitely not corny when you are in the stadium and can hear it LOUD AND CLEAR

Tned
08-29-2008, 09:03 PM
Ok, we aren't the only ones upset. The Cheerleaders aren't happy.

Check out Melissa's video blog entry. About halfway through, she addresses the IN-COM-PLETE chant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN6sYfyfSi0

FN6sYfyfSi0

Denver Native (Carol)
08-29-2008, 09:09 PM
Ok, we aren't the only ones upset. The Cheerleaders aren't happy.

Check out Melissa's video blog entry. About halfway through, she addresses the IN-COM-PLETE chant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN6sYfyfSi0

FN6sYfyfSi0

Certainly would not hurt for the cheerleaders to voice their opinion to someone in Bronco's administration - guess they could start with Pat ;)

Tned
08-29-2008, 09:37 PM
Certainly would not hurt for the cheerleaders to voice their opinion to someone in Bronco's administration - guess they could start with Pat ;)

Her honey, to Mtn's and my vinegar, probably has a better shot of success. :lol:

lex
08-30-2008, 09:53 AM
Ok Broncos fans....

Go Broncos!!

Id rather they get rid of it.

Javalon
08-30-2008, 10:09 PM
I don't know if anyone ever saw the petitions but they decided to keep the chant:

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_10345321

Get ready, fans: In-com-plete lives

Announcing, with zero enthusiasm, the tradition at Broncos home games will continue.

The pass thrown by the visiting quarterback was not caught. OK, Broncos fans. Here's the set up.

The pass is ...

You take it from there.

IN-COM-PLETE!

Goodness.

"It stays," said Joe Ellis, who is in charge of all things Broncos that Mike Shanahan doesn't handle. "The fans like it. The fans are used to it. We're going to keep doing it."

To those who loathe the chant as too golly-gee-whiz, here's the problem: Kids love it. And if little Johnny and Suzy love it, then Mom and Dad love it, too.

There was hope the halting, three-syllable roar would retire with Alan Cass, who had been the public-address announcer at Broncos home games for 20 years.

Cass started the chant in 1996 when the Broncos were on the verge of their mini-dynasty at Mile High Stadium. He brought the chant with him five years later to Invesco Field at Mile High. And there it will stay.

Alan Roach, the most recognizable P.A. voice in all of sports, was assaulted with questions about "in-com-plete" after it was announced he would succeed Cass. Roach didn't want to upset the wishes of Broncos fans. But he didn't want to plagiarize Cass' signature call, either.

It was decided by the Broncos' marketing department prior to the preseason game against the Green Bay Packers that Roach should give it a go, although it almost went unnoticed with Aaron Rodgers completing 16-of-19 passes by halftime.

Broncos' marketers are counting on Bob Slowik's defense to do a better job against the despised Philip Rivers in the home opener Sept. 14 against the Chargers.

Warm up those baritone pipes, Roach.

Rivers' pass is ...

The Mile High Salute is dead. "In-com-plete!" carries on.

Anything for Johnny.

Tned
08-30-2008, 10:17 PM
I don't know if anyone ever saw the petitions but they decided to keep the chant:

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_10345321

Great, thanks for posting. :2thumbs:

Tned
08-30-2008, 10:18 PM
I be Melissa pushed it over the top. She could talk me into almost anything :D

Denver Native (Carol)
08-30-2008, 10:20 PM
Thanks Javalon for posting this. Guess now, we need to work on the Mile High Salute :salute::salute::salute:

Tned
08-30-2008, 10:52 PM
It won't be any surprise based on that article, but Klis doesn't like the chant and was hoping it would go away.

denbroncofan26
09-02-2008, 10:44 AM
I say keep the tradition alive, why not?