PDA

View Full Version : Numerous players strongly defending McDaniels.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-28-2010, 09:51 PM
Numerous players strongly defending McDaniels. Will have quotes up soon. about 1 hour ago via ÜberTwitter

So far, here is what Lindsay has put up, in regards to thread title:

# #Broncos S Bruton: "There is no wavering, no doubt among us as players about coach. We’ve got to go out there and work for him every day. " less than 20 seconds ago via TweetDeck

# #Broncos safety David Bruton: "We all trust our coach. We’ve got his back like he’s got ours." cont ... half a minute ago via TweetDeck

# Royal cont: "You saw that today [with 4th-quarter rally]. We’re not going to give up on each other at all." 3 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# #Broncos WR Eddie Royal: "We’ve got a coach that we want to play for, and we’re playing for each other also." 4 minutes ago via TweetDeck

http://twitter.com/postbroncos

dogfish
11-28-2010, 09:53 PM
talk's cheap-- if they want to really have his back, making a few plays would go a hell of a lot farther than all the soundbytes in the world. . . .

jhildebrand
11-28-2010, 09:54 PM
Not surprising considering

1. Some will defend him no matter what i.e. most players brought here by him

2. some will make a nice contract if they continue to play the way they are and get the ball i.e. Brandon Lloyd

3. Each and everyone of them knows the minute you say anything cross about McD you get Hillis'd and you might not get a shot elsewhere!

GEM
11-28-2010, 09:57 PM
How come they didn't show up for the 2nd and 3rd quarter? Were they all on the sideline singing kumbaya with McD?

GEM
11-28-2010, 09:57 PM
And 2 isn't numerous. ;)

Ziggy
11-28-2010, 09:59 PM
And 2 isn't numerous. ;)

Consider the source.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-28-2010, 10:02 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16730151

GEM
They're defending McD because they sure as hell can't defend an opposing offense.

:lol:

I Eat Staples
Bruton probably wouldn't even be on an NFL roster without McD, so that's obvious. Besides, our good players saw through the clown and got traded. Of course the scrubs that are left will support him.

GEM
11-28-2010, 10:04 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16730151

So 3 out of 53...overwhelming.

Dreadnought
11-28-2010, 10:05 PM
"All workers are hereby to be saluting heroic efforts of Fearless Leader as he leads proletariat towards a new and ever expanding horizon. All goals of Master Plan are being acheived despite propaganda of evil counterrevolutionary forces. Those workers who disagree to be exiled to reeducation camp, err, the Detroit Lions"

GEM
11-28-2010, 10:05 PM
Bruton probably wouldn't even be on an NFL roster without McD, so that's obvious. Besides, our good players saw through the clown and got traded. Of course the scrubs that are left will support him.

I won't agree with that because I like what Bruton brings to special teams...though I doubt he'll ever see time on defense.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-28-2010, 10:10 PM
So 3 out of 53...overwhelming.

Lindsay's words, not mine.

spikerman
11-28-2010, 10:10 PM
"All workers are hereby to be saluting heroic efforts of Fearless Leader as he leads proletariat towards a new and ever expanding horizon. All goals of Master Plan are being acheived despite propaganda of evil counterrevolutionary forces. Those workers who disagree to be exiled to reeducation camp, err, the Detroit Lions"

Unfortunately, Denver is getting very close to being the NFL's new "reeducation camp".

BroncoWave
11-28-2010, 10:13 PM
I love how almost our entire fanbase assumes that every player is lying about everything positive they have to say about the coach. It's quite comical really. I mean, you guys are much more in tune with what's going on behind the scenes than our players, so I can see how you are all qualified to tell us how the players really feel.

GEM
11-28-2010, 10:13 PM
Lindsay's words, not mine.

I know, Carol. I wasn't necessarily replying to you personally, just to the report.

GEM
11-28-2010, 10:16 PM
I love how almost our entire fanbase assumes that every player is lying about everything positive they have to say about the coach. It's quite comical really. I mean, you guys are much more in tune with what's going on behind the scenes than our players, so I can see how you are all qualified to tell us how the players really feel.

Almost our entire fanbase? One person posted questioning the remarks of THREE players. How is ONE person representative of the entire fanbase? Over exaggerate much?

What is much more comical is representing that 3 of 53 players equals NUMEROUS.

My other question BTB...what do you care? I mean you are much more in tune with being a fan of the Broncos, I mean who are we to question anyone or anything.

KCL
11-28-2010, 10:42 PM
Almost our entire fanbase? One person posted questioning the remarks of THREE players. How is ONE person representative of the entire fanbase? Over exaggerate much?

What is much more comical is representing that 3 of 53 players equals NUMEROUS.

My other question BTB...what do you care? I mean you are much more in tune with being a fan of the Broncos, I mean who are we to question anyone or anything.

I agree GEM...No offense BTB...But does your entire fan base post here? ;)

spikerman
11-28-2010, 10:44 PM
I agree GEM...No offense BTB...But does your entire fan base post here? ;)

Just the most important ones. :)

BeefStew25
11-28-2010, 10:45 PM

Bowlen could hire your dorm RA as head coach and Champ would gush.

Tned
11-28-2010, 10:50 PM
Bowlen could hire your dorm RA as head coach and Champ would gush.

There is no evidence that Champ wasn't being honest and dead on about Slowick!! :tsk:

spikerman
11-28-2010, 10:51 PM
I think it speaks highly of the players that they are praising the coach. That's what a true professional should do. They may actually support him, but even if they don't some things should be kept behind closed doors.

Broncos Mtnman
11-28-2010, 10:54 PM
There is no evidence that Champ wasn't being honest and dead on about Slowick!! :tsk:

Find ONE quote from Bailey about any coach (or player for that matter) that wasn't positive.

There's no evidence that Champ wasn't being dishonest and off target about Slowick!!

:coffee:

Dreadnought
11-28-2010, 10:59 PM
Find ONE quote from Bailey about any coach (or player for that matter) that wasn't positive.

There's no evidence that Champ wasn't being dishonest and off target about Slowick!!

I kind of think thats what Tned was driving at

robert ethan
11-28-2010, 11:00 PM
McDaniels is the best head coach in the league at the moment. Bar none. Also the one with the most integrity now that Dungy is gone. Beware what you wish for. It will just end up being like Belichick being fired by Cleveland then going on to own the league for a decade in New England.

spikerman
11-28-2010, 11:02 PM
McDaniels is the best head coach in the league at the moment. Bar none. Also the one with the most integrity now that Dungy is gone. Beware what you wish for. It will just end up being like Belichick being fired by Cleveland then going on to own the league for a decade in New England.

I think you forgot the /sarc tag.

turftoad
11-28-2010, 11:03 PM

You must be related to him. :shocked:

Northman
11-28-2010, 11:09 PM
How come they didn't show up for the 2nd and 3rd quarter? Were they all on the sideline singing kumbaya with McD?

Yea, i can appreciate that the team fought back but when you give up in the 2nd and 3rd quarter it all becomes pretty pointless in terms of falling short. Still saw some of the same mistakes that we are accustomed too in Denver.

robert ethan
11-28-2010, 11:09 PM
He just needs to get someone capable of running the defense. It's the worst in the league and the talent is among the top 10 in the league. A black hole for the season to get sucked into. Martindale and his assistants have got to go. I imagine it was one of them who blew the whistle on Scarnacchia to get Josh into trouble because they know they're gone by the end of the year otherwise. Film of another team's offensive practice would logically go to the defensive coachs in any case. One or more of them knew that Scarnacchia had the film and took it to the top. Worthless scum, on and off the field.

honz
11-28-2010, 11:10 PM
talk's cheap-- if they want to really have his back, making a few plays would go a hell of a lot farther than all the soundbytes in the world. . . .
I hear ya, but I'm pretty sure they are trying.

dunk7
11-28-2010, 11:11 PM
You must be related to him. :shocked:

Or he's looking for a career as a videographer.

Northman
11-28-2010, 11:12 PM
He just needs to get someone capable of running the defense.

He had one and tried to take over for him driving him out of town.

turftoad
11-28-2010, 11:15 PM
He just needs to get someone capable of running the defense. It's the worst in the league and the talent is among the top 10 in the league. A black hole for the season to get sucked into. Martindale and his assistants have got to go. I imagine it was one of them who blew the whistle on Scarnacchia to get Josh into trouble because they know they're gone by the end of the year otherwise. Film of another team's offensive practice would logically go to the defensive coachs in any case. One or more of them knew that Scarnacchia had the film and took it to the top. Worthless scum, on and off the field.

We have a top ten talanted defense in the league??? :tsk:

Broncos Mtnman
11-28-2010, 11:21 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

broncogirl7
11-28-2010, 11:34 PM
Their defense of McD means nothing. If you talk bad about your boss...well, you don't have a job with the Broncos. Ass-kissing goes on wherever you go. It's up to the fans to protest McD and what he's done to our team. Fire McD!

Medford Bronco
11-28-2010, 11:39 PM

I was going to say, not fumble and actually play hard and well.

Agreed Dogfish. Hollow air

robert ethan
11-28-2010, 11:47 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Be polite or I'll dig up pictures of an aging alchoholic Aussie wife beater wearing a skirt, or a self absorbed psychopath with a combover and a smarmy smirk, and make you look at them every time you go through a thread.

Broncos Mtnman
11-28-2010, 11:50 PM
Be polite or I'll dig up pictures of an aging alchoholic Aussie wife beater wearing a skirt, or a self absorbed psychopath with a combover and a smarmy smirk, and make you look at them every time you go through a thread.

That would be better than watching that "top ten talent" every Sunday.

Medford Bronco
11-28-2010, 11:50 PM

Top Ten in College Talent right now :laugh:

silkamilkamonico
11-29-2010, 12:17 AM

Such a ridiculous statement, IMHO. Not only is our "talent" on defense not top 10, but there is almost 0 upside of young talentgrooming for the future with the exception of a couple at the LB position.

What's left after our old, injury prone dline? Nothing.

MLB? Package players, and I am questioning DJ WIlliams consistency as well.

DB's? Sorry. perrish Cox is a good package player on defense, but I don't see a bona fide starting stud there, even with his upside potential as a rookie. Bonafide starting CB's don't get beat in single man coverage consistently, and you can see that in their rookie year as well.

Our one questionable young talent at S in Darcel McBath can't stay healthy long enough to finish a game.

I see a garbage defense after the veterans who are on the brink of retirement or ineffective play leave.

What's worse? I see an offense that outside McDaniels system, will be ineffective and ready to be turned over at some key positions.

Just MHO.

robert ethan
11-29-2010, 12:34 AM
..and the team INVESTED HEAVILY in it during the off season. Plus several top draft picks on the defensive side of the ball from 2009 had another year of experience.

Why would the defensive talent NOT be considered top 10? Who, of consequence did they lose, other than Dumervil? Ayers has filled in pretty well at that spot. He at least has comparable talent to Doom.

silkamilkamonico
11-29-2010, 12:44 AM
..and the team INVESTED HEAVILY in it during the off season. Plus several top draft picks on the defensive side of the ball from 2009 had another year of experience.

Why would the defensive talent NOT be considered top 10? Who, of consequence did they lose, other than Dumervil? Ayers has filled in pretty well at that spot. He at least has comparable talent to Doom.

The team did not invest, IMHO, they patchworked with players that were injured, or backups on their other teams. It has also shown to not be working out.

Ayers hasn't had any production even close to Doom. People can try to argue his talent, but how many other "talented" top 20 first round picks have flopped in the NFL in the past? Other than Ayers, the only other top pick Denver has drafted was Smith, and we know what happened with that record.

John Lynch made a great opinionated comment I thought today, when he said, other than the old starting veterans Denver has, they have nobody, and at this point it's going to take a few years to get a turnover of players that can be productive at an NFL level.

dogfish
11-29-2010, 01:38 AM

so would you say that mcdaniels is clearly better than walsch and lombardi, or is it still debatable?

robert ethan
11-29-2010, 01:51 AM
John Lynch made a great opinionated comment I thought today, when he said, other than the old starting veterans Denver has, they have nobody, and at this point it's going to take a few years to get a turnover of players that can be productive at an NFL level.

LOL, surprising that Lynch didn't say they haven't had anyone worthwhile since he played the game. That is sheer unadulterated crap. Ayers for one has enormous potential. Mike Mayock said he would be the best player out of the draft in 3 years, and Robert was on track to prove him right in his second season before he got hurt. Moreno was runner up for OROTY last season, and is starting to show his worth now that he is healthy again. McBath and Bruton also came out of that draft. DeMaryius Thomas has as much potential as anyone taken in the 2010 draft. Tebow as well. Tim was better than Bradford, McCoy, and Clausen in college, and he will be better than all of them as a pro. Lynch is a grumpy old man.

silkamilkamonico
11-29-2010, 02:20 AM
LOL, surprising that Lynch didn't say they haven't had anyone worthwhile since he played the game. That is sheer unadulterated crap. Ayers for one has enormous potential. Mike Mayock said he would be the best player out of the draft in 3 years, and Robert was on track to prove him right in his second season before he got hurt. Moreno was runner up for OROTY last season, and is starting to show his worth now that he is healthy again. McBath and Bruton also came out of that draft. DeMaryius Thomas has as much potential as anyone taken in the 2010 draft. Tebow as well. Tim was better than Bradford, McCoy, and Clausen in college, and he will be better than all of them as a pro. Lynch is a grumpy old man.

"Potential is for the birds". Jarvis Moss had potential coming into the league. So did a plethora of top 20 first round picks that have all busted, or underachieved in the NFL, just in the last few years. When was Robert on track to prove Mayock right? During training camp and preseason, when Jarvis Moss was looking to finally break out? McBath and his glass gina is a humongous question mark. Bruton looks to be nothing more than an excellent special teams player. We still need a young talented future S.

We aren't discussing offense here, I will not argue with you with the offensive picks, because for the most part I agree. The only one I disagree with is Tebow, who is not better than Bradford or McCoy at the NFL level, and this year is proving it, as Tebow cannot start on a team worse than both Bradford and McCoy's. I really like DThomas, but I fear he has a glass gina as well.

Ravage!!!
11-29-2010, 02:24 AM
Potential potential potential.. NONE of which has shown on the field.. ESPECIALLY Tebow :lol:

But again, we see you insulting the guy that doesn't give a raving review and see things like you do. :lol:

Now John Lynch is somehow bitter and/or egotistical and incapable of giving his "unadulterated" opinion, lke you are showing the ability to do.

Again....seems the guys that actually have experience and clout in the NFL see things a different way. I guess sitting on teh bench and not proving anything doesn't earn you the respectability from those that have actually played the game.

robert ethan
11-29-2010, 02:52 AM
Potential potential potential.. NONE of which has shown on the field.. ESPECIALLY Tebow :lol:

But again, we see you insulting the guy that doesn't give a raving review and see things like you do. :lol:

Now John Lynch is somehow bitter and/or egotistical and incapable of giving his "unadulterated" opinion, lke you are showing the ability to do.

Again....seems the guys that actually have experience and clout in the NFL see things a different way. I guess sitting on teh bench and not proving anything doesn't earn you the respectability from those that have actually played the game.

So you agree with him that Broncos have no one worthwhile on the team other than the old vets who were here before McDaniels came?

TimTebow15MVP
11-29-2010, 02:55 AM

Yup its always funny to watch fans tell players that it doesnt matter what you think or say. Im going to think and say for you and thats that. Last time i checked if player are not happy with the coach then they dont say anything at all. they dont go out of there way to make comments defending there coach. Mcdaniels may not be a great coach but his players love him for some reason. probably the way he interacts with them in practice. the reason we lost today was simply because of mcdaniels though. he abandoned the run. but the team didnt quit they came back and fought hard in the 4th quarter. I dont care if there playing for themselves or mcdaniels the fact is they fought hard and didnt quit when it was basically over going into the 4th. that shows great character. out manned and your coach is killing you with decisions and you still come out and make it a game. I believe we shoulda won this game just like a few others........the broncos just come up short on just about every close game weve played. were not horrible but were not good enough yet. one more draft and we will see.

Elevation inc
11-29-2010, 06:39 AM

bruton is actually a special teams asset and i guarentee you he would pick up quickly with anotehr team.

i get people hate MCD now..i hate him to.....i get that but people really need to stop throwing players under the bus that dont deserve it. especiall those that work there tails off for this team...lloyd, royal and bruton here for example...its pathetic and shows how fickle fans can be......

eessydo
11-29-2010, 07:22 AM

This is an absolute joke. In terms of integrity I can easily name 3 coaches of the top of my head that have more integrity than McDaniels

1. Jim Caldwell
2. Tom Coughlin
3. Rahim Morris

Would go through the entire list, but you are clearly the blind lead by the blind. I guess integrity is a relative term to those that follow people as if they were the messiah. Hiring a guy involved with spygate? then having your own version of it I guess equals integrity in the McDaniels Deaf Dumb and Blind club.

How do you figure he is the best coach in the league? You yourself are claiming that our defense has top ten talent but nobody to coach them.

If he is the best coach in the league, why did he fire Mike Nolan? Why did he pick up Tim Tebow in the first round when we could have easily taken him in the second round?

Why did he trade a future first round draft pick for a second rounder, pick Alonso Smith then trade him away for a no-name TE with 4 catches to his name the previous season?

Why did we just lose to the freaking Rams and the Raiders? How the hell is he 5-15 in his last 20 games?

Belichick inherited a cleveland team that was struggling after some good seasons with Kosar, and never made them "worse" until his final season there.

You can not say the same for McDaniels. Go read some history before you start talking out of the other side of your head.

Where do you come up with this garbage?

--------------------------------------

Dreadnought
11-29-2010, 07:24 AM
bruton is actually a special teams asset and i guarentee you he would pick up quickly with anotehr team.

i get people hate MCD now..i hate him to.....i get that but people really need to stop throwing players under the bus that dont deserve it. especiall those that work there tails off for this team...lloyd, royal and bruton here for example...its pathetic and shows how fickle fans can be......

I agree there, applying that to both guys who are trying now (e.g. Bruton, Lloyd, Joe Mays, Kyle Orton) and who made great plays for us in the past. I'll reserve my venom for management or those few guys I think are loafers, Goldbricks, complete stiffs, or play brain-dead. No power on Earth can make me say good things about Laurence Maroney, Lamont Jordan, Nate Webster or any of the safeties we fielded in '08

arapaho2
11-29-2010, 05:01 PM

and your high integrity coach failed to follow league rules by disclosing the film...right?...took alot of integrity to sweep it under the table:lol:

and maybe...wink is the only defensive coach josh could get after running nolan out of town....i doubt any top DC would wanna be controlled by the boy wonder

arapaho2
11-29-2010, 05:05 PM

last years defense was coached by nolan...you know the guy your greatest coach of all time josh mcdanials chased outta town

wink is joshes choice

arapaho2
11-29-2010, 05:15 PM

lynch spoke the truth

who do we have of any great defensive talent after jwall?...after bannon?
after champ?.hill? DJ? doom? dawk?

nobody but average talent that more than likely would not be starting on any other team

our defense is so full of holes is rediculous...problem is we had a plethora of top picks to fix that but dingleberry mcdainials chose to dismantle a promising young offense instead of focusing on the defense

as for ayers...i know what maylock said...but after his second year is nearly done he hasnt lived up to that in the least bit...21 games played in..1.5 sacks...zero FF as a olb in a 3-4 that is simply horrible

Lancane
11-29-2010, 05:47 PM
Repeat after me, nineteen draftees, four of which are first rounders! Now guess how many of those draft picks have been utilized in drafting defensive players? Seven in all, that's it...how many first round picks does that include? Only one! Are we starting to understand the the dilemma yet?

The offense wasn't the issue, Bill Romanowski's grandmother could have figured that much out. We've drafted literally one defensive player with having four first round picks, two if you include Alphonso Smith...but that's a whole other wound. So who did we draft that has such a high ceiling to be optimistic, or who has made such a big contribution?

Robert Ayers, is what I said he was before the draft, a prototypical 4-3 defensive end, and guess what? The film and stats both back my assessment of him. He's been more effective, even above average when we run 4-3 stints, but not so much when utilized in the 3-4, which is our base defense. He'd be a stellar player if we still ran the 4-3 as our base.

What other defensive draftee's have we added with even an inkling of Ayers' ability? Maybe McBath, but he can not even surpass the well-preserved veterans ahead of him on the roster. Bruton? Cox?...fact is that the defensive core remains the players that had been here before McDaniels got here - Williams, Haggan, Thomas, Bailey and Dumvervil.

If McDaniels would have focused on the defense and left the offense alone give a player or two, we would not be in this situation. Could you imagine where we would be if we kept the core intact and utilized all our first and second rounders for the defensive side of the ball...keep imagining it, because McDaniels is the reason we didn't do it!

T.K.O.
11-29-2010, 05:58 PM
a couple fumbles away from one of the greatest comebacks in years !!!!!
damnitall !

Lancane
11-29-2010, 06:01 PM
a couple fumbles away from one of the greatest comebacks in years !!!!!
damnitall !

And one badly thrown pass...don't forget that last pass was nowhere near the receiver, that didn't help either.
;)

TXBRONC
11-29-2010, 06:07 PM
And one badly thrown pass...don't forget that last pass was nowhere near the receiver, that didn't help either.
;)

Getting sacked set the tone for that final series.

claymore
11-29-2010, 06:15 PM

Holy effin shit. This is either the funniesty post ever, or the wors tpost ever. I dont know how to take it.

T.K.O.
11-29-2010, 06:25 PM
Holy effin shit. This is either the funniesty post ever, or the wors tpost ever. I dont know how to take it.

i always thought you did....know how to take it:D:beer:
it does seem a bit odd...not so much the post itself....but the timing seems off for some reason:confused::laugh:

claymore
11-29-2010, 06:29 PM
i always thought you did....know how to take it:D:beer:
it does seem a bit odd...not so much the post itself....but the timing seems off for some reason:confused::laugh:

In Bizzaro world it would be the correct assesment. But in reality it seems confusing and awkward.

jhildebrand
11-29-2010, 08:11 PM

Belichick clearly doesn't own the league. His camcorder however is a different story ;)

Cugel
11-30-2010, 03:22 PM
This is called a "salary drive." Every player is playing for a job right now. There's going to be a new coach in town, so they'd better get some impressive hustle plays on the tape or the new guy is likely to cut them.

Plus, a lot of McDaniels players owe their jobs to McDaniels mis-estimating their talent and drafting or trading for them. Why would they criticize him when some other coach might not have wanted them at all? (Tebow comes to mind).

Tebow would almost certainly not have been a 1st round draft pick without McDaniels turning up his nose at Colt McCoy. Few other NFL Coaches or GMs think he's worth a 1st round pick and he'll probably never be a starter for the Broncos.

In fact, the next coach to come here will probably get rid of both Tebow AND Orton (although probably not immediately).

Just what happens when a new coach comes to town. The new coach wants his own QB so he cuts or trades the old one. What made it so unusual in the Cutler situation is that he made the Pro-bowl in only his 3rd season and was highly rated passer. Normally you don't get rid of players with that kind of talent. And despite all the chortling of all the Cutler haters out-there he's got the Bears at 8-3 and headed for the playoffs. (I'm not ripping Orton who is not the problem with this team).

Cugel
11-30-2010, 03:25 PM
Originally Posted by robert ethan View Post

I had to read this 3 times to realize that it wasn't satire. :coffee:

Holy crap! This guy actually means it! "McDaniels is the best coach in the league." Yup! And those girls coming in on the Biggest-Loser are the hottest chicks in the world too! :coffee:

Softskull
11-30-2010, 03:26 PM
This might have been posted elsewhere:

Someone within the organization spoke to Michael Silver of Yahoo! about the root of McDaniels’ problems.

“If he treated people right, everybody’d just keep their mouths shut. But when you treat people like a piece of [expletive], this is what happens,” the source said.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/30/josh-mcdaniels-has-another-ghost/

G_Money
11-30-2010, 03:35 PM
Yup. My favorite quote of his whole tenure thus far. :salute:

~G

I Eat Staples
11-30-2010, 03:36 PM

http://roflrazzi.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/celebrity-pictures-patrick-stewart-when-high.jpg

KCL
11-30-2010, 03:46 PM
McDaniels is the best head coach in the league at the moment.

At the moment? Which moment? And I was thinking that title belonged to
Todd " I don't shake hands" Haley :doh:

Jake Klug
11-30-2010, 05:18 PM
Like theyre going to say anything else.