PDA

View Full Version : Did the Coach give his all in the 49's loss?

PAINTERDAVE
11-28-2010, 02:07 PM
It occours to me...

during that 49's game..
it was as if they were asking us to take it...
the 49's did nothing to win that game...
and we just let them hang around...
and we did nothing to win that game...
and finaly the 49's did enough to get the win.

Now...

I wonder...
did McD feel obligated to lose that game since he was aware that the cheating had taken place?

Slick
11-28-2010, 02:12 PM
If our coach is feeling obligated to lose then we're in worse trouble than I thought.

I seriously doubt it Dave.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-28-2010, 02:15 PM
McDaniels' arrogance and pride would NEVER have allowed him to intentionally throw a game, even if he thought he should. I would never believe that. It would be completely different if we were 9-1 with that one loss coming at the hands of the 49ers, then... maybe he felt bad enough to spot them one.

He's not doing well enough to start spotting teams games. He's coaching for his professional life this season. I can't imagine he's handing out "gimmes" because he feels guilty. If I found that out, I'd be even more pissed because the players and other coaches would have to be in on it too. Was he feeling sorry for Oakland and SD, too? He's just not good enough to coach against himself to make us lose without looking like we're trying to.

Day1BroncoFan
11-28-2010, 02:20 PM
If he did anything other than try his best to win he should be fired for that alone. :nod:

Buff
11-28-2010, 02:24 PM
Dave, go ahead and take the rest of the week off.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-28-2010, 02:25 PM
As it is, we're lucky that we lost. I imagine picks would've been involved in the punishment had we won because it would've looked like we cheated to get the win. McDaniels being outcoached by Singletary that game was the best break he's had all season.

silkamilkamonico
11-28-2010, 02:33 PM
Quite possibly.

I think a better question is, is Pat Bowlen honestly trying to field a winning organization that plays by the rules and sets a high standard for itself and its employees?

PAINTERDAVE
11-28-2010, 02:38 PM
As it is, we're lucky that we lost. I imagine picks would've been involved in the punishment had we won because it would've looked like we cheated to get the win. McDaniels being outcoached by Singletary that game was the best break he's had all season.

Hence my question...

did Coach give his ALL that day...
or was he distracted and insecure and wondering...
because of the cheating that had happened.

Was he the sharpest coach he had it in him to be ...
or did he falter... did he wonder...
was he worried about the outcome?

We all have an ego. The ego, when in charge of our thinking...
catastrophises about the future... worries us...
causes us to do crazy things.

Did his ego use his thinking as a weapon against him during the game...
ruminating on the past Patriots scandal...
worrying him about what might happen?

Was McD on the top of his game that day of the cheating?

Did he give that game his all?

Did he breathe a sigh of releif when he knew he did not have to explain a big win
in the wake of the cheating that took place?

Just sayin'...

HORSEPOWER 56
11-28-2010, 02:46 PM
Hence my question...

did Coach give his ALL that day...
or was he distracted and insecure and wondering...
because of the cheating that had happened.

Was he the sharpest coach he had it in him to be ...
or did he falter... did he wonder...
was he worried about the outcome?

We all have an ego. The ego, when in charge of our thinking...
catastrophises about the future... worries us...
causes us to do crazy things.

Was McD on the top of his game that day of the cheating?

Did he give that game his all?

Did he breathe a sigh of releif when he knew he did not have to explain a big win
in the wake of the cheating that took place?

Just sayin'...

He could have easily just called the league and the 49ers and disclosed everything the second the tape was brought to him (if he in fact, didn't watch the tape) instead of trying to cover it up and then he could've coached with a clear conscience and let the chips fall where they may.

The bottom line is, the same thing happened that would've happened had he just been honest to begin with, except he and Bowlen are $50 large lighter in the wallet and the team's good name has been dragged through the mud. The video tape guy still got fired. Had Josh not been a dishonest coward in the first place, this wouldn't be an issue. This "he was protecting a friend" thing is bullshit. He was scared, realized he would be held responsible for hiring the guy, and panicked by covering it up. there was NOTHING "noble" or "loyal" about what he did. Where was his loyalty to the team and to Bowlen? If he had one shred of loyalty to Bowlen or Ellis, he would've at least told them to see how they wanted to handle it.

**** McDaniels!

Shazam!
11-28-2010, 02:47 PM
You have got to be kidding me.

PAINTERDAVE
11-28-2010, 02:50 PM
He could have easily just called the league and the 49ers and disclosed everything the second the tape was brought to him (if he in fact, didn't watch the tape) instead of trying to cover it up and then he could've coached with a clear conscience and let the chips fall where they may.

The bottom line is, the same thing happened that would've happened had he just been honest to begin with, except he and Bowlen are $50 large lighter in the wallet and the team's good name has been dragged through the mud. The video tape guy still got fired. Had Josh not been a dishonest coward in the first place, this wouldn't be an issue. This "he was protecting a friend" thing is bullshit. He was scared, realized he would be held responsible for hiring the guy, and panicked by covering it up. there was NOTHING "noble" or "loyal" about what he did. Where was his loyalty to the team and to Bowlen? If he had one shred of loyalty to Bowlen or Ellis, he would've at least told them to see how they wanted to handle it.

**** McDaniels!

And the question is...
does a scared, panic stricken coach give his all... or is all this junk enough to distract him?

Buff
11-28-2010, 02:51 PM
The holier-than-thou people who say "Why didn't he just turn it into the league" kind of annoy me. How many people are going to rat out their friend and coworker to their corporate employer if they were faced with something similar? Maybe Tony Dungy and a few other pillars of virtue, but 9/10 people would have acted the same way.

We're talking about 20 minutes of a virtually worthless walk-thru, not a library of practice tapes.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-28-2010, 03:08 PM
The holier-than-thou people who say "Why didn't he just turn it into the league" kind of annoy me. How many people are going to rat out their friend and coworker to their corporate employer if they were faced with something similar? Maybe Tony Dungy and a few other pillars of virtue, but 9/10 people would have acted the same way.

We're talking about 20 minutes of a virtually worthless walk-thru, not a library of practice tapes.

Hmm, it's kinda like you being hired as the manager of a company. Your boss trusts and believes is you. You go out and hire an old buddy who used to be a drug dealer, but whom you think is now "clean".

Then, you catch your buddy dealing coke out back on the side - on company property, on company time. There are now potential witnesses and possible HUGE ramifications for your company, your boss, and yourself. Yeah, your friend will probably get fired, but your boss - the guy who trusted you to run his business - will probably be fined and maybe even worse if this ever sees the light of day.

Do you still think it's worth it to try to cover it up or do AT LEAST tell your boss and give him the option of covering it up? NEVER BE THE SENIOR MAN WITH A SECRET! This isn't friendship, this is BUSINESS and as soon as some a-hole puts me in a position like that, HE'S PROVEN HE'S NO LONGER WORTH MY FRIENDSHIP!

There are certain things that you just can't blow off. This thing affected McDaniels' reputation and income which also directly affects his family and livelihood. So now, you expect McDaniels to show loyalty to this guy over his family, too? Damn, I wish I was your friend!