PDA

View Full Version : Belief in McD taking beating

Denver Native (Carol)
11-28-2010, 09:00 AM
People who believe in Josh Mc-Daniels are unwavering. It's not a case of wanting to believe. It's that they do believe.

Broncos owner Pat Bowlen, his right-hand man Joe Ellis and many of the players and coaches took McDaniels' side in the rift with quarterback Jay Cutler in March 2009.

Likewise, many believe he correctly handled temperamental star receiver Brandon Marshall last year.

And now the NFL believes Josh McDaniels. They slapped his wrist for being naive, for apparently not knowing NFL rules.

They believed McDaniels did not report the rule breaking because he was trying to protect a friend, which was what he and Scarnecchia have been since the two broke into the NFL together with the New England Patriots in 2001.

The league believed McDaniels did not try to cover up the rule break.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16725927

WTE
11-28-2010, 09:12 AM
Likewise, many believe he correctly traded Peyton Hillis and a 6th for Brady Quinn.

red98
11-28-2010, 09:16 AM
He has to win today at home against the still-rebuilding Rams and probably has to win at least two more games the rest of the way to keep his job.

Read more: Belief in McD taking beating - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16725927#ixzz16aQgShzh

HORSEPOWER 56
11-28-2010, 12:02 PM
And now the NFL believes Josh McDaniels. They slapped his wrist for being naive, for apparently not knowing NFL rules.

Really? Does anyone out there honestly believe that he "doesn't know the rules"? That's like saying that I have a drivers license but don't know what a red light means... My license should be suspended if that's the case. Very reminiscent of the "I didn't know the rules about chop blocking" BS he spewed after we got hit with that penalty on the flea flicker. Whatever. There's no way that anyone on this board should be more in touch with the rules than a professional football team's head coach. Give me a break, just stop. I know that you media types think we readers are all just stupid, ignorant sheep that hang on your every word as if it were The Gospel, but really, we don't.

More than likely, the league tried their damndest as a favor to Bowlen, who's on the competition committee by the way, to minimize the issue and try to downplay it. This has NOTHING to do about not knowing the rules.

I've got a tip for you Josh, buy Football for Dummies, get yourself a copy of the official NFL rule book, or just go on the internet for Heaven's sake and learn something about the rules of your JOB you DOUCHEBAG!!!!

I'm sorry tired of these outlandish and completely unbelievable excuses. I AM NOT RETARDED AND NEITHER ARE THE MAJORITY OF THE FANS!!! By feeding us this bullshit, they obviously think we are and it's insulting.

turftoad
11-28-2010, 12:06 PM
I believe I'd like to give him a beating myself.

hamrob
11-28-2010, 12:38 PM
I think this article is much more telling and alot closer to the way the majority of Broncos fans feel:

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16725823

To believe in McD at this point...you have to be a fool!