PDA

View Full Version : Such a ridiculous fuss over nothing...

robert ethan
11-28-2010, 01:26 AM
You'd think it was Osama Bin Laden filming President Obama's family at home.:shocked:

Everyone needs to get a life, especially the rat who took this to the pompous old suits, the suits themselves, and Roger God 'o hell.

Not to overlook the posters on the board who are sharpening their pitchforks and lighting their torches on their way Josh McDaniel's house.

Seriously.

silkamilkamonico
11-28-2010, 01:33 AM
Especially considering the only mistake made here was McDaniels not reporting it to the NFL. He didn't watch it, and probably figured Denver was basically screwed because of the ----job the guy made by videotaping.

Ravage!!!
11-28-2010, 02:34 AM
YEah.. he didn't watch it..just like Belicheck NEVER watched the tapes that they took... and all he did was pick up the phone. Just as Clinton never inhaled, and never had "sexual relations" with that girl.

Anyone that wants to white-wash over this, is INTENTIONALLY trying to close their eyes to whats happening to this team. ITs looking the other way, figuring if you ignore what happens, it never "Really" happened.

So yeah... lets blame the people that came forward to the "suits" instead of those involved in the downfall. I'm sure McD is just a victim of coincidence.

Don't pay attention to the man behind the curtain!!

OrangeHoof
11-28-2010, 03:07 AM
Or, more relevantly, just like McDaniels never picked up the phone to inquire about trading for Matt Cassel. Goes to credibility, your honor. Shanahan was no angel either but at least most of his rule-breaking was trying to squeeze players into the salary cap. I still get a chuckle about when he tried to get Jake Plummer to fake a concussion in San Diego to hide another injury. To which Plummer asked him "how do you pretend to have a concussion?"

dogfish
11-28-2010, 03:31 AM
good point. . . the NFL should give josh a medal or something-- and bowlen should give him a giant contract extension. . .

whataya think, rob-- about five years sixty million or so sound about right?

nevcraw
11-28-2010, 03:34 AM
well worth a new thread.

PAINTERDAVE
11-28-2010, 04:34 AM
Integrity is NOT like a large overcoat that one can take off and put on in different situations.

Northman
11-28-2010, 08:00 AM
Funny, McD was a moron who put himself in that situation but you know what. I didnt lose any sleep over it but thanks for the new thread showing you complaining about those complaining. Why make a fuss over nothing Nathan? lmao

BroncoNut
11-28-2010, 08:13 AM
this thread rulz

claymore
11-28-2010, 08:34 AM
Its just another nail in the coffin.

Lancane
11-28-2010, 09:49 AM
How can someone, especially if they're a supporter of McDaniels and the current regime say this fuss is over nothing? Admittedly he violated the policy, that is the bottom line. Other then that, we are not privy to what the league and the organization have or have not found in their investigations of the matter. The question now is how to mitigate the situation in light of the head coach's waning popularity? Because no one should discount that it does play a factor in the coming months, especially come January when our season officially is over.

Josh McDaniels is at this time, one of the most unpopular figures in professional sports. Wade Phillips was unpopular with the Cowboys' fans around the nation, but it was a far cry from the animosity that McDaniels has brought upon himself, not only from this organization's own fans, but from fans of other teams around the league, even reporters and NFL analysts can not believe what the man has done whilst here and are scrutinizing him and his decisions!

He has no face value with the public any longer, the majority of Broncos' fans had turned against him long before now, whether due to his horrid personnel and management decisions or because of his downright sorry coaching, this was literally just more wood for the fire sort to speak. Some (insert names here) will argue with near heated-fervor on behalf of McDaniels, even to the point of incongruity.

His supporters are truly running thin, and are part of a small minority that seems to continually be shrinking week by week. And some may not give a damn about how we're seen by the other teams in the NFL, but I sure in the hell do...I am a Coloradoan, born and raised in Denver, we didn't have pro hockey and pro baseball growing up, we had the Denver Broncos...even our basketball team was by all intent purposes semi-pro until the merger in 76'. Even then, there was no comparison between the two, in regards to how this state, let alone the city reacted towards the Broncos over the Nuggets. The organization is such a huge part of Denver lore and history that your damn right that the majority care about the direction of the team, let alone the actions of a coach that has continually shown himself to be inept, and who's continually hurting the organization.

This organization is reeling, and any person of moderate intelligence can see the truth of it. Eventually whether it's Bowlen or the Board of Directors, someone is going to have to try and placate the fandom...and at this juncture, the only way I see that happening is if either McDaniels at the end of the season steps down of his own accord, or the Broncos fire his ass. Either way, I do not see him getting a third year to do more damage, he bought himself time by drafting Tebow, but I think he's done negated that and the team can ill-afford to continue down it's current path.

CoachChaz
11-28-2010, 09:58 AM
Correction...Cowboys fans loved Phillips until this season. Just like they loved Garrett until this week. I dont think comparing the two situations is even close.

When this happened in NE, the Pats and fans NEVER considered firing Belichek. But suddenly its a reason to fire McDaniels. Whats the difference? Belichek is a successful coach and McDaniels is not. Holding coaches to a different standard on the same subject is evidence that using this topic as a reason for firing is ridiculous. If the Broncos were 15-5 over the last 20 games, it wouldnt even be discussed

Lancane
11-28-2010, 10:10 AM
Correction...Cowboys fans loved Phillips until this season. Just like they loved Garrett until this week. I dont think comparing the two situations is even close.

When this happened in NE, the Pats and fans NEVER considered firing Belichek. But suddenly its a reason to fire McDaniels. Whats the difference? Belichek is a successful coach and McDaniels is not. Holding coaches to a different standard on the same subject is evidence that using this topic as a reason for firing is ridiculous. If the Broncos were 15-5 over the last 20 games, it wouldnt even be discussed

Chaz, I didn't compare the two...I agree Phillips has been well loved until this season, but it did change this season as you attested to. My point is that even with Phillips being on the outs with fans there, that it is not comparable to the animosity that McDaniels has earned here or around the league.

And I agree, Belichick had earned his get out of jail free card...while McDaniels hasn't earned shit.

MasterShake
11-28-2010, 10:16 AM
One thing I always hated about Shanny during the Super Bowl runs was how he handled the allegations of our O-Line playing dirty (taking out legs, etc.) and wearing some kind of slick gel on their uniforms. He basically just played possum and made sure they never talked to the media. I am having flashbacks to that, but this feels much worse.

I have always liked Josh for some reason. I talked to him at both Invesco practices afterwards along with some of the players and he seems like a knowledgeable guy and he seems to have the players respect. He seems to know a lot about the X's and O's but his personnel decisions are really starting to bite him in the ass.

I don't have any reason to believe that he did watch the tapes (especially since we lost and six minutes of a walkthrough with Frank Gore wasn't much), but the problem I have with this is how he handled it.

I HATE sounding like I'm making excuses for my team or trying to defend a member of it, especially the coach. I did it with Cutler and Marshall, and I'll be damned if I am going to do it for McDaniels especially since he preaches character. I do believe that he stresses character and it shows in the team, but I also think a lot of the bad "Patriot Way" of covering your ass and your friends still lingered.

In my opinion, the bottom line is the coach I like for the team I LOVE made a bonehead move. I'm not going to defend it, and personally am not that upset about it after I read the facts as the NFL and Bowlen laid them out. But I do understand that others will be pissed, and they have every right.

I will continue to support this team and McDaniels as long as he represents us. But he needs to represent US, not protect his friends. We do not want the shadow of another SpyGate scandal following us because we are not a good enough team yet to deflect it by going out and almost pulling off a perfect season.

This dude has one more year in my book.I have been with the Broncos long enough on my end to know that patience is key and I realize I am lying to myself if I consider the last two years anything but rebuilding. It seems we have been rebuilding since we lost Elway and TD in a lot of ways. The '97 and '98 seasons were lighting in a bottle. Time to toss that bottle because we are starting a whole new team with new players and a new coach and it will take time. But time is running out even with fans like me who just love the game win or lose and will support anyone wearing Broncos gear on sunday.

I have lost a ton of respect for McD, but winning goes a long way in healing my wounds.:lol: Just do it the legit way.

camdisco24
11-28-2010, 10:24 AM
...Yeah why is everyone so mad? This is the first blunder McD has ever made!!!!
He's such an honest man!

:takesofforangeglasses:

Nomad
11-28-2010, 10:39 AM
...Yeah why is everyone so mad? This is the first blunder McD has ever made!!!!
He's such an honest man!

:takesofforangeglasses:

Everyone's cheated in their life probably multiple times.....you're lying if you say no! From Cutler to this (and I am in no way defending Cutler because it's hard to believe him as well), McDaniels intergrity and honesty has been questioned. This isn't the first time he's been with a team that was called out for doing this! I know every coach tries to get the advantage, but this team is in turmoil enough than to add this bs!! I could care less if McDaniels leaves or gets fired and he brought this upon us. I hate to see the BRONCOS go into each game and there will be a question of their integrity.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-28-2010, 11:34 AM
Integrity is NOT like a large overcoat that one can take off and put on in different situations.

I like to refer to it as a bank account. Sometimes you make deposits and sometimes withdrawals. You just have to be careful not to get too overdrawn. Right now, we're writing checks that this franchise can't cash.

There's no way that people can be completely honest every second of every day or we'd all be lining up at the police station to admit to speeding and rolling through stop signs. Bending or even breaking the minor rules in life and seeing how far you can push the limits is just a part of being human, but you'd better be ready to face the consequences when you get caught and throwing others under the bus to save your own worthless ass just shows a complete lack of character.

BroncoJoe
11-28-2010, 11:40 AM
I like to refer to it as a bank account. Sometimes you make deposits and sometimes withdrawals. You just have to be careful not to get too overdrawn. Right now, we're writing checks that this franchise can't cash.

There's no way that people can be completely honest every second of every day or we'd all be lining up at the police station to admit to speeding and rolling through stop signs. Bending or even breaking the minor rules in life and seeing how far you can push the limits is just a part of being human, but you'd better be ready to face the consequences when you get caught and throwing others under the bus to save your own worthless ass just shows a complete lack of character.

Unless that is what truly happened.

broncogirl7
11-28-2010, 12:20 PM
McD should be fired over this...can you say nail in the coffin. He brought this guy with him from NE, he knew what he was capable of doing...watch it or not, you are guilty. Not reporting it, hopefully you are screwed...don't believe your 'innocent' speech this time either.

This should give the Broncos a way out without losing money on the jerk! We are not cheaters...you have single-handedly brought down our Denver Broncos to a team /franchise I know longer recognize.

GEM
11-28-2010, 12:26 PM
McD should be fired over this...can you say nail in the coffin. He brought this guy with him from NE, he knew what he was capable of doing...watch it or not, you are guilty. Not reporting it, hopefully you are screwed...don't believe your 'innocent' speech this time either.

This should give the Broncos a way out without losing money on the jerk! We are not cheaters...you have single-handedly brought down our Denver Broncos to a team /franchise I know longer recognize.

Can't fire him with cause because Ellis stated in his conference that this incident doesn't sway Bowlen one way or the other on McDaniels. :rolleyes: That was reported on PFT this morning.

broncogirl7
11-28-2010, 12:30 PM
Can't fire him with cause because Ellis stated in his conference that this incident doesn't sway Bowlen one way or the other on McDaniels. :rolleyes: That was reported on PFT this morning.

That totally sucks. What more do they need? If Bowlen doesn't see this incident as something to fire McD for, I don't know what he's waiting for??? Our record could end up being the worst in decades. We are now getting the NE reputation of cheaters...something that has NEVER happened to our franchise. McD is a young, conceded punk that won't listen to anyone but Bellichek. McD has not learned that we are the DENVER BRONCOS not the Denver Patriots!

jhildebrand
11-28-2010, 12:35 PM

Ive gone over that statement several times.

The only thing you can take from that is he won't be fired for cause for this incident.

While it did say this incident wont sway Bowlen's opinion of McD, we don't know what his opinion is. Furthermore, also in the statement was a comment that "McDaniels just needs to finish the season." That is a less than glowing remark. Finish is a finite and conclusive word.

If something is going to happen it will happen at season's end. I think the collective bargaining agreement controls McD's fate more than anything else.

KCL
11-28-2010, 01:06 PM
Has Bowlen even came out and made a statement? Not that he is required to but it seems like he would instead of having someone speak for him.As a fan(I mean you all...not me) I would want to hear something from him...not someone filling in as a spokesperson.

silkamilkamonico
11-28-2010, 01:12 PM

I do agree with this, which is why I have been utterly disdained with this organization since the SuperBowls paying John Elway under the table era.

compucomp
11-28-2010, 01:23 PM
This "Spygate" crap is like recruiting violations in college sports. Every team in the league/country commits them on a regular basis, it's just a matter of whether the selective enforcement of the NFL/NCAA catches them and decides to enforce it. If we were 7-3, nobody would give a crap, and hell I'd cheer McD for giving us a competitive advantage.

Now I'm fine with firing McD because the team sucks. But Spygate is much ado about absolutely nothing.

turftoad
11-28-2010, 01:29 PM
This "Spygate" crap is like recruiting violations in college sports. Every team in the league/country commits them on a regular basis, it's just a matter of whether the selective enforcement of the NFL/NCAA catches them and decides to enforce it. If we were 7-3, nobody would give a crap, and hell I'd cheer McD for giving us a competitive advantage.

Now I'm fine with firing McD because the team sucks. But Spygate is much ado about absolutely nothing.

Yep, thats why there were firings and fines. Much ado about nothing. :tsk:

Northman
11-28-2010, 01:34 PM
That totally sucks. What more do they need? If Bowlen doesn't see this incident as something to fire McD for, I don't know what he's waiting for??? Our record could end up being the worst in decades. We are now getting the NE reputation of cheaters...something that has NEVER happened to our franchise. McD is a young, conceded punk that won't listen to anyone but Bellichek. McD has not learned that we are the DENVER BRONCOS not the Denver Patriots!

Its actually another cover your ass thing and Bowlen is in denial. He thought McD was his guy and its blowing up in his face. Unfortuantely it would seem by the time Bowlen has had a enough this team will be further in ruins.

compucomp
11-28-2010, 01:38 PM
Yep, thats why there were firings and fines. Much ado about nothing. :tsk:

Yes, and when the NCAA decides to enforce its rules, it will punish programs, sometimes harshly. Does that prevent other programs from continuing to violate the rules? Absolutely not. Half the big football programs around the country probably still pays its players, and recruiting continues to be a huge mess.

I couldn't care less that we were taping practices. I care mildly that we got caught, and I'm quite amused that we were taping their practices and still managed to lose. That at the end of the day is why we should fire McD, because the team's performance is bad. If we were 7-3, I'd cheer McD for bringing us a competitive advantage. Every fan/team in the NFL would take "Belicheat" as their coach in a second.

Northman
11-28-2010, 01:39 PM
Yes, and when the NCAA decides to enforce its rules, it will punish programs, sometimes harshly. Does that prevent other programs from continuing to violate the rules? Absolutely not. Half the big football programs around the country probably still pays its players, and recruiting continues to be a huge mess.

I couldn't care less that we were taping practices. I care mildly that we got caught, and I'm quite amused that we were taping their practices and still managed to lose. That at the end of the day is why we should fire McD, because the team's performance is bad. If we were 7-3, I'd cheer McD for bringing us a competitive advantage. Every fan/team in the NFL would take "Belicheat" as their coach in a second.

I blame it all. The illegal taping is just the final straw.

silkamilkamonico
11-28-2010, 01:42 PM
Knowing Pat Bowlen, he probably advocated the viedoetaping od their practice!