PDA

View Full Version : Full transcript of national conference call with Broncos COO Joe Ellis

Denver Native (Carol)
11-27-2010, 11:07 PM
Very long

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/11/27/full-transcript-of-national-conference-call-with-broncos-coo-joe-elliss/5970/

Northman
11-27-2010, 11:13 PM
Very long

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/11/27/full-transcript-of-national-conference-call-with-broncos-coo-joe-elliss/5970/

Thanks for the link Carol;

The important part which i pointed out in Tim's thread. The source is unamed so it wasnt McDaniels who brought it too their attention.

Q. Who from the organization, Joe, made you guys aware of this if Josh initially didn’t do anything? I’m somehow missing that.

JOE ELLIS (http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/tag/joe-ellis/): I’m not at liberty to reveal the details of the investigation. I’m going to defer to Jeff on that. We promised the League confidence on that. I’m not willing to go there.

Q. Jeff, are you willing?

JEFF PASH: One of the things about our policy and the duty to report is we do make a pledge, and this is not unusual in these settings, we do make a pledge of confidentiality as part of a way of encouraging people to come forward and also protecting people against possible retaliation.
I think from our perspective I would say our office learned of it, as I say, from ownership and the club’s senior executive. We investigated thoroughly and confirmed what happened. I don’t think in keeping with the promises of confidentiality that it’s appropriate for us to go beyond that.

Q. Mr. Ellis, just to be clear, when you first found out about this, it wasn’t because Josh McDaniels told you about it, correct?

JOE ELLIS (http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/tag/joe-ellis/): Again, I can’t get into the details of who came forward, when and why. If Jeff can do that, I’ll let him speak to it. There’s a confidentiality clause he mentioned. I’m not able to.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-27-2010, 11:20 PM

The important part which i pointed out in Tim's thread. The source is unamed so it wasnt McDaniels who brought it too their attention.

From article:

"we do make a pledge of confidentiality as part of a way of encouraging people to come forward and also protecting people against possible retaliation."

Not sure if that is enough to say that it wasn't McDaniels - I would assume he would be protected under the pledge of confidentiality just as much as any one else.

TXBRONC
11-27-2010, 11:21 PM

If it was McDaniels that reported the incident then there's no reason confidentiality.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Northman
11-27-2010, 11:30 PM
From article:

"we do make a pledge of confidentiality as part of a way of encouraging people to come forward and also protecting people against possible retaliation."

Not sure if that is enough to say that it wasn't McDaniels - I would assume he would be protected under the pledge of confidentiality just as much as any one else.

I seriously doubt they would avoid naming McD because of the questions asked. In this article the interviewing asked a couple of times not only was McD the one to come forward but why it took so long so if McD had been the one to come forward i think they would of just come out and say it to at least let McD save some face. There's no point in allowing the media to drag McD's name in the mud if he is the one to bring it too their attention. Just wouldnt make sense considering the circumstances. The implication im getting is that it was somebody on the lower totem poll who might be afraid of retaliation. McD wouldnt be in a position for retaliation since he is the top guy of his football team.

TXBRONC
11-27-2010, 11:40 PM
From article:

Protect him from what? His employer already knew he was involved by that point. A cloak of confidentiality is used to protect people from reprisal of people in authority.

underrated29
11-28-2010, 12:00 AM
for those of us who have not been around the past month and a half....What happened or what came forward?

Northman
11-28-2010, 12:05 AM
for those of us who have not been around the past month and a half....What happened or what came forward?

Evidently, a gentleman who was involved with the Patriot "illegal" video taping back from 2000-2007 had been hired by the team. And a unamed source came forward regarding video footage of the walkthrough or whatever of the Niner game in London. According to reports this gentleman came to McD, said he had the footage but McD "allegedly" declined to look at it. However, McD also failed to report it too the league and since the unamed source has come forward both Bowlen and Ellis took upon themselves to investigate it and came to the conclusion that McD made a mistake by not reporting it. So much so that both the team and McD were fined $50,000 each.

underrated29
11-28-2010, 12:11 AM
No effing way! for real.....

edit- just found the thread on it.

This is soooo awesome. Our team officially has HERPES! Cuz shit just keeps coming back!

I wonder how well the team will play in the future years when we dont have all of these distractions. Like seriously, every month it is something. At least the rams stopped drafting WR in the first round. We need some medicine for our herpes because right now this is so pathetic it is awesome.

(good news is I will be home to watch the game with my jersey on and everything. Meaning we will win, but we are playing the rams after all. :whoknows:

Northman
11-28-2010, 12:34 AM

This is soooo awesome. Our team officially has HERPES! Cuz shit just keeps coming back!

I wonder how well the team will play in the future years when we dont have all of these distractions. Like seriously, every month it is something. At least the rams stopped drafting WR in the first round. We need some medicine for our herpes because right now this is so pathetic it is awesome.

(good news is I will be home to watch the game with my jersey on and everything. Meaning we will win, but we are playing the rams after all. :whoknows:

Herpes!

Nice analogy. :lol:

TXBRONC
11-28-2010, 12:35 AM

The Rams beat the Chargers.

underrated29
11-28-2010, 12:37 AM
The Rams beat the Chargers.

But not when I am watching at home with my full Mojo working...Wait and see...

TXBRONC
11-28-2010, 08:55 AM
But not when I am watching at home with my full Mojo working...Wait and see...

You're word is good enough for me. :salute: