PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Disclose Violation

Denver Native (Carol)
11-27-2010, 06:50 PM
On Oct. 30, the Broncos arrived at Wembley for the first time. As the staff got a feel for the stadium, the players and coaches went through a final walk-through in preparation for the following day's game against San Francisco.

Afterward, when the players and most of the staff left Wembley for a team lunch, Scarnecchia stayed behind to finish setting up his video equipment. During the set-up, he noticed the 49ers were conducting their final walk-through, and he recorded a portion of the session -- approximately six minutes in length.

Scarnecchia admitted to NFL Security that he recorded the practice, and maintained it was the first time he had engaged in such an action since joining the Broncos. He said that no one had instructed him to tape the practice, and that when he offered to show the tape to McDaniels, the head coach refused.

"I know for a fact that nobody was instructed to do anything like this," McDaniels said. "It was an isolated situation where he made a choice."

Goodell wrote that the facts echo McDaniels' statement.

"Based on our investigation, we have found no evidence to suggest that Coach McDaniels or any other member of the coaching staff watched the tape," he wrote. "Nor have we identified any evidence to suggest that any member of the coaching staff or club management directed Mr. Scarnecchia to record the practice. We are aware of no evidence that would indicate the recording of any other opposing team practices or walk-thrus, or the like. And there is no reason to believe that the improper videotaping in London had any competitive effect on the October 31 game between the Broncos and 49ers."

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-Disclose-Violation/7937342e-3344-4159-aead-35ad4f30f157

BeefStew25
11-27-2010, 06:55 PM
Homer Thread. Ready, GO!

Northman
11-27-2010, 06:59 PM
lmao

nevcraw
11-27-2010, 07:01 PM
nothing ever, ever, ever, to see here folks..

KCL
11-27-2010, 07:04 PM
So what was the purpose in doing this?

Bosco
11-27-2010, 07:08 PM
So what was the purpose in doing this?

Beats the hell out of me. I don't think 6 minutes of video footage is going to do much good. It almost sounds like maybe it was footage picked up during the setup and testing of the system and when he realized what he had, went to McDaniels to see if it would be useful.

Pretty stupid decision.

Tned
11-27-2010, 07:16 PM
Beats the hell out of me. I don't think 6 minutes of video footage is going to do much good. It almost sounds like maybe it was footage picked up during the setup and testing of the system and when he realized what he had, went to McDaniels to see if it would be useful.

Pretty stupid decision.

Or just as likely he found himself (and probably others on the video crew) in Wembley when the Niners started the walk through, and he hit record, thinking nobody would ever know.

Nothing that has been said, including by the guy fired, indicates it was an "accident".

Nomad
11-27-2010, 07:20 PM
Tned, Arkansas kicked ass tonight...:salute:to your Hogs!!

Not towards you Tnedator, I will say there is no need to attack carol! This board needs her optimism (though I don't agree this time)and like every mom 'sees the good in everything'! We love you carol!!

Mike
11-27-2010, 07:25 PM
http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/2874/98189910.th.jpg (http://img686.imageshack.us/i/98189910.jpg/)

Northman
11-27-2010, 07:26 PM
http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/2874/98189910.th.jpg (http://img686.imageshack.us/i/98189910.jpg/)

Love that pic. lol

Tned
11-27-2010, 07:28 PM

Not towards you Tnedator, I will say there is no need to attack carol! This board needs her optimism (though I don't agree this time)and like every mom 'sees the good in everything'! We love you carol!!

Nobody on this message board censors posts, regardless of who they respond to, unless there is a rules violation. If you think there is, report it, and the mods will look at it.

This is the best Razorback team we've seen in a while. It's been a fun season.

Bosco
11-27-2010, 08:06 PM
Or just as likely he found himself (and probably others on the video crew) in Wembley when the Niners started the walk through, and he hit record, thinking nobody would ever know.

Nothing that has been said, including by the guy fired, indicates it was an "accident".

Not that it matters a whole lost as he clearly tried to provide it to McDaniels with clear intentions, but why only record 6 minutes of footage? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-27-2010, 08:08 PM

Not my optimism - I did not write the article, and the person writing the article included quotes from others to form the article written.

It is there for people to believe or not believe - whatever their choice may be.

Tned
11-27-2010, 08:23 PM
Not that it matters a whole lost as he clearly tried to provide it to McDaniels with clear intentions, but why only record 6 minutes of footage? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Don't you think that if it was an "accident" that would have been brought up? It's just not very plausible.

As to the six minutes, the two teams (and personnel) are not supposed to be in the stadium together during walk throughs. It was probably all he could get before they were told to leave, or he was let in at the end of their practice (earlier than they should have been).

It's impossible for us to know, but there is nothing to support the "accidentally recorded" theory.

Bosco
11-27-2010, 08:27 PM
Don't you think that if it was an "accident" that would have been brought up? It's just not very plausible.

No, because as I said, he still tried to gain from it. It would be like buying something and then finding out it was stolen. Your original action may have been perfectly legitimate, but if you don't report your findings much less try to sell the item, you have now broken the law.

Tned
11-27-2010, 08:51 PM
No, because as I said, he still tried to gain from it. It would be like buying something and then finding out it was stolen. Your original action may have been perfectly legitimate, but if you don't report your findings much less try to sell the item, you have now broken the law.

Occam's razor -- the simplest solution is often the most likely or correct.

Maybe someone stole his camera, and he's now covering for them.

Maybe someone filmed him having gay sex and told him to film the practice or his sex tape would be released.

Maybe McDaniels is his gay lover and he is doing this because McDaniels broke things off.

There are hundreds of "maybes", but not only are they very unlikely, there is no basis to assume they happened.

All we know is practice was filmed, McDaniels claims to have not watched it, a week later, "someone" told Broncos execs and that person's name is being kept anonymous to protect them in keeping with league rules, and the Broncos and McDaniels were fined.