PDA

View Full Version : McDaniels and Broncos fined 50K each, videographer fired, Broncos won't lost draft pick

BroncoWave
11-27-2010, 12:51 PM
Per Lindsay Jones and Schefter:

"Josh McDaniels has been fined $50,000 by Commissioner Roger Goodell for prohibited videotaping of opposing team practice."

"McDaniels and the team each fined $50K for taping incident. Employee who recorded the walk thru has been fired."

www.twitter.com/adam_schefter

www.twitter.com/postbroncos

Northman
11-27-2010, 12:53 PM
******* disgraceful.

BroncoWave
11-27-2010, 12:53 PM
According to Jason LaCanfora, McDaniels refused to view the tape:

"Team video director Steve Scarnecchia took the video and presented it that day to head coach Josh McDaniels, who declined to view it ..."

www.twitter.com/jasonlacanfora

Northman
11-27-2010, 12:55 PM
Sure he did. And he didnt take a phone call regarding Cassell either. lmao

Devilspawn
11-27-2010, 12:58 PM
If McDaniels didn't view the tape, that explains why the Broncos lost.

Krugan
11-27-2010, 01:00 PM
If McDaniels didn't view the tape, that explains why the Broncos lost.

I dont think it would have made abit of difference.

Watch it or not, he didnt have the team ready period.

Tned
11-27-2010, 01:11 PM
Sure he did. And he didnt take a phone call regarding Cassell either. lmao

Some of us took a LOT of crap for suggesting otherwise... Just saying...

Back to this regularly scheduled scandal...

Mike
11-27-2010, 01:11 PM

"Team video director Steve Scarnecchia took the video and presented it that day to head coach Josh McDaniels, who declined to view it ..."

Give me a break. :rolleyes:

PAINTERDAVE
11-27-2010, 01:13 PM
McDaniels was fined for not immediately notifying ownership of the existence of the tape. NFL Security has retained the tape

Commissioner also informs Broncos if any other evidence comes to light NFL will re-open probe and could be further sanctions

*Josh is having a press conference at 12:45.

Here is Bowlen's statement:

Denver Broncos President and Chief Executive Officer Pat Bowlen released the following statement on Saturday:

“I received notice today that the National Football League has completed its investigation of an incident involving our club’s violation of the League’s Integrity of the Game Policy, specifically a videotaping of a portion of the San Francisco 49ers’ “walkthrough” practice on Saturday, Oct. 30, 2010, at Wembley Stadium in London.

“Upon learning of this incident, the Denver Broncos promptly began an investigation into this matter and reported this violation to the League office, which then started its investigation.

“The Denver Broncos fully cooperated with every aspect of the League investigation.

Upon completion, the investigation revealed the following facts:

· The person who videotaped a portion of the “walkthrough” practice did so on his own and was not directed to do so by anyone within the organization, including Head Coach Josh McDaniels.

· Upon learning that the “walkthrough” had been videotaped, the Head Coach informed the person who did the taping that this was not acceptable, that this is not how the Denver Broncos organization conducts business and that he would not view the videotape.

· The videotape was subsequently deleted from the computer where it resided by the employee who performed the taping. No one from the organization viewed the videotape prior to Sunday’s game against the 49ers.

· The videotaping of this “walkthrough” practice was a one-time occurrence, erroneously performed by one employee who used extremely poor judgment.

· Head Coach Josh McDaniels was right to inform the employee that he had no interest in viewing the tape and that it was not how he or the Denver Broncos conducts business. However, under League Policy he is obligated to promptly notify the League of this matter and his failure to do so has resulted in discipline imposed by the Commissioner.

“The Denver Broncos and I, as the Owner, believe in the integrity of the National Football League and fair competition and do not, in any way, condone this type of behavior. The fact that an employee of the Denver Broncos would take such action is personally disappointing to me. I apologize to all affected by this incident. This employee is no longer with the organization.

“This incident cuts into the trust and respect our fans, our ticket holders, our community and our fellow competitors have for our organization. That is why the Denver Broncos, upon learning of this violation, immediately investigated this matter and reported the incident to the League.

“The Denver Broncos and I accept the discipline imposed by the NFL. We will take all steps to ensure that an incident like this never occurs again. We will always strive to uphold the integrity of our organization and the National Football League.”

MileHighCrew
11-27-2010, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest

I have to remember this one. Yes honey she is naked and in our bed but I didn't touch her

spikerman
11-27-2010, 01:15 PM
It's pretty obvious from Bowlen's statement that he doesn't blame McDaniels at all. I guess our long national nightmare is to continue.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-27-2010, 01:15 PM
The following is contained with the whole article on following link:

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_16723517

According to Bowlen's statement, the investigation revealed the following:

# The person who videotaped a portion of the "walkthrough" practice did so on his own and was not directed to do so by anyone within the organization, including head coach Josh McDaniels.

# Upon learning that the "walkthrough" had been videotaped, the head coach informed the person who did the taping that this was not acceptable, that this is not how the Denver Broncos organization conducts business and that he would not view the videotape.

# The videotape was subsequently deleted from the computer where it resided by the employee who performed the taping. No one from the organization viewed the videotape prior to Sunday's game against the 49ers.

The videotaping of this "walkthrough" practice was a one-time occurrence, erroneously performed by one employee who used extremely poor judgment.

# Head coach Josh McDaniels was right to inform the employee that he had no interest in viewing the tape and that it was not how he or the Denver Broncos conducts business. However, under League Policy he is obligated to promptly notify the League of this matter and his failure to do so has resulted in discipline imposed by the Commissioner.

Northman
11-27-2010, 01:17 PM
McDaniels has ruined my team.

spikerman
11-27-2010, 01:17 PM
Memo to Pat Bowlen regarding Josh McDaniels and his proximity to videotaping scandals - Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

spikerman
11-27-2010, 01:25 PM
Since McDaniels hired the videographer it's apparent that his evaluation of off the field personnel is as weak as his evaluation of on-field personnel.

TXBRONC
11-27-2010, 01:26 PM
McDaniels hired a former Patriot staffer that was ass deep in their video scandal so don't piss down my back and tell me that it's raining.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

spikerman
11-27-2010, 01:35 PM
McDaniels hired a former Patriot staffer that was ass deep in their video scandal so don't piss down my back and tell me that it's raining.

I would say /thread, but there's still too much left to say. That was a perfect post TX. :beer:

UrbanBounca
11-27-2010, 01:36 PM
McD didn't view the tape, huh? I smell something.

dogfish
11-27-2010, 01:56 PM
i don't believe for an instant that the staffer was working on his own initiative, but even if he was, you don't get to set a fox to guard the henhouse and then act shocked when chickens come up missing. . .

TXBRONC
11-27-2010, 02:02 PM
I would say /thread, but there's still too much left to say. That was a perfect post TX. :beer:

Thanks Spike. :salute:

TXBRONC
11-27-2010, 02:06 PM
i don't believe for an instant that the staffer was working on his own initiative, but even if he was, you don't get to set a fox to guard the henhouse and then act shocked when chickens come up missing. . .

No kidding. You can't hire a guy whose has been involved in this kind thing before and then plead ignorance.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-27-2010, 02:08 PM
I would have to believe that Goodell & Co did a major investigation, and based on their findings, the fines were handed out, and also, based on their findings, Scarnecchia, who had been placed on personal leave of absence, has now been fired by the Broncos "for cause".

I do not believe there is any way Goodell would be easy on Coach McD if the investigation proved that Coach McD was part of this.

MileHighCrew
11-27-2010, 02:10 PM
Give me a break. :rolleyes:

I would have to believe that Goodell & Co did a major investigation, and based on their findings, the fines were handed out, and also, based on their findings, Scarnecchia, who had been placed on personal leave of absence, has now been fired by the Broncos "for cause".

I do not believe there is any way Goodell would be easy on Coach McD if the investigation proved that Coach McD was part of this.

Pretty hard one way or another to prove Josh didn't put the disc in the dvd player and take a peak. Doesn't matter he didn't report it when he knew there was a video

Denver Native (Carol)
11-27-2010, 02:14 PM
Pretty hard one way or another to prove Josh didn't put the disc in the dvd player and take a peak. Doesn't matter he didn't report it when he knew there was a video

I would assume that Goodell & Co also spoke with Scarnecchia in regards to this, and there is no way that I can see Scarnecchia taking full responsibility for this, if more than he were involved. Also, he has been fired by the Broncos, and if more than he were involved, I have to believe the last has not been heard from Scarnecchia.

Northman
11-27-2010, 02:16 PM
Also, he has been fired by the Broncos, and if more than he were involved, I have to believe the last has not been heard from Scarnecchia.

Its early yet.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-27-2010, 02:19 PM
The Broncos terminated Scarnecchia's employment for cause. Also, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell notified Scarnecchia that, as a repeat violator of league rules relating to the integrity of the game, he will be the subject of a hearing to determine whether or not he should be barred from the league.

Based on the report, NFL Security promptly began an investigation, which included interviews of Broncos personnel in Denver on Nov. 18 and 19. NFL Security also arranged for a forensic analysis of the laptop computers used by the video department, which confirmed that the practice had been recorded. NFL Security retained the tape.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81c7301a/article/taping-49ers-practice-draws-50k-fines-for-broncos-mcdaniels?module=breaking_news

MileHighCrew
11-27-2010, 02:21 PM

I remember Michael Jackson making a few things go away with money. He will never get another job in the NFL. A few bucks in his pocket for his family to shut his mouth might really help. Times are tough and I am not sure what a fired NFL videographer would do now

Northman
11-27-2010, 02:21 PM
McD knew about it failed to report it. Guilty.

TXBRONC
11-27-2010, 02:23 PM

Well there is no way Goodell could prove it even if McDaniels looked at the tape.

However it doesn't take but a shred of common sense to realize there is no way in hell this guy acted on his own.

BORDERLINE
11-27-2010, 02:27 PM
WOW now this is just BAD....sh*t i'm glad we lost becouse if we would have won and this would have came out there would have been angry fans all over the NFL calling for the BRONCOS head.

Why would anyone wanna do some dumb sh*t like this??? againts a one win team at that...
SMH

BroncoAV06
11-27-2010, 02:30 PM
PostBroncos-There was "forensic analysis" on the computers in video dept to confirm taping occurred.

This is just funny, CSI on the Broncos video-gate scandle. Might as well bring in MTV and start a reality show.

KCL
11-27-2010, 02:51 PM
McD knew about it failed to report it. Guilty.

I think that right there shows pretty bad on McD.

BroncoNut
11-27-2010, 03:03 PM
Pat Bowlen has relinquished control of this team

Bosco
11-27-2010, 03:34 PM

As I posted in the other thread, the offending party was long gone from New England when Spygate occurred. He was never found to have been involved in any video taping that violated league rules.

Also as I said in the other thread, this is a fair punishment. Josh and the team get a slap on the wrist for a minor technical violation of league rules and the offending party is out of a job.

Northman
11-27-2010, 03:37 PM
Minor technical violation.

bwhahahahahahaaa

Mike
11-27-2010, 03:42 PM
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/6821/63049391.th.jpg (http://img408.imageshack.us/i/63049391.jpg/)

spikerman
11-27-2010, 03:42 PM
As I posted in the other thread, the offending party was long gone from New England when Spygate occurred. He was never found to have been involved in any video taping that violated league rules.

Also as I said in the other thread, this is a fair punishment. Josh and the team get a slap on the wrist for a minor technical violation of league rules and the offending party is out of a job.

I think common sense says that the practice had been going on for some time in New England and Mangini and Scarnecchia knew it. It seems obvious to me that these guys took part in it in NE and they ratted out the Pats after they joined the Jets. I wanted to doublecheck the timeline and found this article (excerpt below the link)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3226465

It is widely assumed that Mangini, the Jets head coach and former Patriots assistant under Belichick, was responsible for exposing the Patriots' spying tactics earlier this season. Several members of New England's staff came to the Jets with Mangini when he took the head job in New York, including assistant coaches Brian Daboll and Jay Mandoleso and video director Steve Scarnecchia, a former Patriot video assistant.

Northman
11-27-2010, 03:46 PM
Keep in mind, the illegal video taping for NE went back further than 07' and most certainly took place while Steve was there which is why NE got into hot water.

Bosco
11-27-2010, 03:58 PM
Keep in mind, the illegal video taping for NE went back further than 07' and most certainly took place while Steve was there which is why NE got into hot water.

Those allegations were made, but never proven as I can recall. Of course the problem is said to have been pretty widespread at the time. Lots of people were pissed that Goodell destroyed all the evidence and the rumor at the time was that when Belichick sent in the tapes the NFL demanded, he also sent evidence of many other teams doing the same thing so Belichick received a downgrade in punishment to prevent a much bigger scandal from happening.

Either way, it's ultimately irrelevant. The guy was officially clean by the NFL standards and when he stepped out of line he was dealt with accordingly with the Broncos and McDaniels getting their punishment for not dotting their i's and crossing their t's. The league went as far as having our computer systems analyzed and I'm sure that if they had even the slightest reason to believe McDaniels viewed the tape he would have received a much stiffer penalty.

Dzone
11-27-2010, 04:00 PM
Ahhh sheyyit..now we are probably the lead story tomorrow on the pregame shows, for all the wrong reasons...people around the league have already started hating mcdaniels, this just gives them another reason...oh well...dont think he should be fired for it, but it doesnt help him any

elsid13
11-27-2010, 04:07 PM

Please remember that employee was around when allegation of that the Pats video taped the Rams during their Super Bowl walk through occurred.

camdisco24
11-27-2010, 04:13 PM
I don't really care if McD didn't view the tape or whatever.... The fact that this story is coming out about OUR team really makes me so mad. We are the DENVER BRONCOS. This is not something our organization has ever been associated with in the past. This is garbage and IMO a total embarrassment.

We are too proud of an organization to have this as the top story on ESPN.
I'm tired of everything that has happened to this team since Shanny was fired.
I knew it was time for Shanny to go, but I didn't expect him to take the pride of the BRONCOS with him.
I've tried to hard to support McD and all his other Belly-check clones, but I'm running out of ways to defend him or any of the other leaders of the team.

Mr. Bowlen,
PLEASE bring in SOMEONE to restore the integrity of this organization!

Denver Native (Carol)
11-27-2010, 04:44 PM
McDaniels said he spoke with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on Saturday morning. "We understand that it is not only our job individually, but as an organization, to uphold the integrity of the National Football League by what we do every day and this certainly was not a good example of that.

"I stand by the fact that this particular incident has been handled the right way," he said. "We're not proud of it. ... It goes against the grain of what Pat Bowlen stands for. He's embarrassed."

Ellis said the incident was not viewed by Bowlen or the organization as grounds for firing McDaniels, but acknowledged that "Josh should have come forward as soon as he found out."

"We're disappointed in the season, as it's gone thus far," he said. "This particular incident does not sway Mr. Bowlen's feelings about Josh one way or the other. He understands Josh made a mistake. Josh has acknowledged that to him."

Ellis emphasized there was no evidence of a cover up during the organization's internal investigation. "I believe what has come out is true," he said.

NFL vice president Jeff Pash told reporters on the call that if the NFL unearths evidence of additional violations, Goodell would immediately reopen the investigation with the potential for further discipline.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81c7301a/article/taping-49ers-practice-draws-50k-fines-for-broncos-mcdaniels?module=breaking_news

Northman
11-27-2010, 04:47 PM
Would anyone really expect them to admit they tried to cover it up? lmao

Bosco
11-27-2010, 04:56 PM
Please remember that employee was around when allegation of that the Pats video taped the Rams during their Super Bowl walk through occurred.

I remember that. I also remember that the accusation was never found to be factual and specifically that the individual who claimed to have the smoking gun was found to be outright lying or greatly embellishing the evidence.

Again though, this is all ultimately irrelevant. If you remember the timeline of events, sometime in 2006 or early 2007, a league wide memo went out clarifying the rules and specifically warning teams against taping on the sidelines. This was all after our former video director had left the Patriots staff and just shortly before the spygate scandal broke out.

Northman
11-27-2010, 05:01 PM
The fact that it happened before with our HC's previous team and now ours is not irrelevant no matter how you try and downplay it. There seems to be a pattern here.

camdisco24
11-27-2010, 05:03 PM
The fact that it happened before with our HC's previous team and now ours is not irrelevant no matter how you try and downplay it. There seems to be a pattern here.

Anyone who denies that as a relevant fact has their head between their legs.
The pattern is all too obvious.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-27-2010, 05:05 PM
http://twitter.com/postbroncos

# Pash said Broncos/McDaniels fine is less than what Pats/NE received b/c it was a single incident by single employee w/out direction about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

# Pash said league is satisfied tape wasn't viewed and no coaches told what was on the illegal videotape. about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

# Ellis said he spoke with Jed York of 49ers and McDaniels left a voicemail for Mike Singletary on his cell. about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

Bosco
11-27-2010, 05:18 PM
# Pash said league is satisfied tape wasn't viewed and no coaches told what was on the illegal videotape.

Only relevant part as far as I'm concerned.

Lancane
11-27-2010, 05:23 PM
Only relevant part as far as I'm concerned.

Bosco, how bad does it have to get before your willing to say 'enough is enough', we're the laughing stock of the NFL, and have been since McDaniels arrived. Even if what you say is true, that he was innocent, though I don't F'n believe it one bit...but if, how much more of a circus does he have to be part of until you say, this is not the organization I know?

HORSEPOWER 56
11-27-2010, 05:34 PM
Since McDaniels hired the videographer it's apparent that his evaluation of off the field personnel is as weak as his evaluation of on-field personnel.

A lot of us knew that the second he hired his brother... :whistle:

Nothing surprises me about this clown anymore. It's probably a good thing I don't live anywhere near Denver or I'd probably be in trouble for doing something that I might regret later. Maybe something involving spray paint and McDaniels' car... :mad:

Bosco
11-27-2010, 05:42 PM
Bosco, how bad does it have to get before your willing to say 'enough is enough', we're the laughing stock of the NFL, and have been since McDaniels arrived. Even if what you say is true, that he was innocent, though I don't F'n believe it one bit...but if, how much more of a circus does he have to be part of until you say, this is not the organization I know?

A hell of a lot worse than it is right now in year two of a rebuilding project. I know it's a foreign concept to many fans, but I have something called patience.

As for this issue, I really don't give a **** to be honest. I couldn't care less how the rest of the NFL or their fans views this team or whatever cannon fodder they might throw at us now. My only concern is whether McDaniels was partaking in unethical behavior and according to the findings of the investigation he was not, so I am satisfied.

Lancane
11-27-2010, 05:52 PM
A hell of a lot worse than it is right now in year two of a rebuilding project. I know it's a foreign concept to many fans, but I have something called patience.

As for this issue, I really don't give a **** to be honest. I couldn't care less how the rest of the NFL or their fans views this team or whatever cannon fodder they might throw at us now. My only concern is whether McDaniels was partaking in unethical behavior and according to the findings of the investigation he was not, so I am satisfied.

So your saying that it's alright that we've become the horrendous pun of the NFL, exceeding the ridicule that was more common place for Detroit, Cincinnati and Oakland? And your fine, because you don't care...well that's saintly of you, I'm serious...you must be a saint! Because, this was once considered one of the classiest organizations in the league...still think we're looked at like that? I would rather be a classy, even respectable organization with a 1-15 record then what we've become.

I credit you though, for being that way...when many of us can not, it's speak highly about your character. And I know I am different, I can not be like that nor support the idiocy I'm seeing at this time. Too many mistakes, too many bad choices, and too much of being a bad joke!

arapaho2
11-27-2010, 05:53 PM
josh isnt even a good enough coach to win when he cheats....:lol:

Northman
11-27-2010, 05:56 PM
So your saying that it's alright that we've become the horrendous pun of the NFL, exceeding the ridicule that was more common place for Detroit, Cincinnati and Oakland? And your fine, because you don't care...well that's saintly of you, I'm serious...you must be a saint! Because, this was once considered one of the classiest organizations in the league...still think we're looked at like that? I would rather be a classy, even respectable organization with a 1-15 record then what we've become.

I credit you though, for being that way...when many of us can not, it's speak highly about your character. And I know I am different, I can not be like that nor support the idiocy I'm seeing at this time. Too many mistakes, too many bad choices, and too much of being a bad joke!

He's ok with getting of guys like Marshall for character issues but when it comes to his boy McD it doesnt matter that he lies and has no integrity. :lol:

claymore
11-27-2010, 05:58 PM

Im only shocked that people continue to defend him.

BroncoWave
11-27-2010, 05:59 PM
Some people like to see hard proof before they label someone a liar. :noidea:

Lancane
11-27-2010, 06:01 PM

Easier to believe when someone hasn't lied before...but then I guess the Cutler fiasco doesn't count because he eventually admitted the truth of it!

Tned
11-27-2010, 06:02 PM
He's ok with getting of guys like Marshall for character issues but when it comes to his boy McD it doesnt matter that he lies and has no integrity. :lol:

Peter King Tweet:

RT @SI_PeterKing: Reason McD isn't getting fired now is because, in nearly 2 yrs of working together, Bowlen/Ellis believe he's never lied to or misled them.

Tned
11-27-2010, 06:03 PM

Unless his names Jay Cutler!!! :laugh:

BroncoBJ
11-27-2010, 06:16 PM
Why is everyone mad? Thats just the Patriot way. :elefant:

Last time a team got caught doing that, they had an undefeated regular season the next year :lol:

Bosco
11-27-2010, 06:19 PM

If you honestly think this team, looking at possibly it's 3rd losing season in about 16 years is even close to the level of suckage that those aforementioned teams have attained, you have a serious case of drama overdose and you might just want to take a step back and chill out for a minute.

And no, I don't give the slightest care for how we are perceived around the league. I didn't care when we were hit with the cheater during the Super Bowl years and I'm certainly not going to care now when our coach gets a slap on the wrist for delaying in notifying the league of the situation. No actual cheating took place, and that is what I do care about.

Lancane
11-27-2010, 06:20 PM
Why is everyone mad? Thats just the Patriot way. :elefant:

Last time a team got caught doing that, they had an undefeated regular season the next year :lol:

Woo-woo, they did so well only to fall short! :D

UrbanBounca
11-27-2010, 06:22 PM
If you honestly think this team, looking at possibly it's 3rd losing season in about 16 years is even close to the level of suckage that those aforementioned teams have attained, you have a serious case of drama overdose and you might just want to take a step back and chill out for a minute.

And no, I don't give the slightest care for how we are perceived around the league. I didn't care when we were hit with the cheater during the Super Bowl years and I'm certainly not going to care now when our coach gets a slap on the wrist for delaying in notifying the league of the situation. No actual cheating took place, and that is what I do care about.

So, you don't believe McD viewed the footage? That's fine. But, don't you think he's in the wrong for knowingly not letting someone know another member of the organization is cheating?

Tned
11-27-2010, 06:22 PM
Wow, Schlereth not pulling any punches here:

RT @markschlereth: 99.99% RT @ObiajuluAjufo: @markschlereth Any chance that the video director got some sort of directive from McDaniels, at least implicitly?

Bosco
11-27-2010, 06:23 PM
Im only shocked that people continue to defend him.

Who is defending him? He broke a rule and was punished for it. I personally think that the punishment was perfectly fair for his mistake and I haven't seen a single person claim otherwise.

Northman
11-27-2010, 06:23 PM
Stink is no dummy.

UrbanBounca
11-27-2010, 06:25 PM
Who is defending him? He broke a rule and was punished for it. I personally think that the punishment was perfectly fair for his mistake and I haven't seen a single person claim otherwise.

But, this should be strike three.

Tned
11-27-2010, 06:27 PM
So, you don't believe McD viewed the footage? That's fine. But, don't you think he's in the wrong for knowingly not letting someone know another member of the organization is cheating?

He was clearly wrong for not telling the Broncos execs and league right away. However, look at it this way.

Someone, possibly a friend, that works for you comes to you and they have done something wrong. You put a stop to it, and know that if you take it further, it will not only get him fired, but also possibly end his career. You believe that you have put it to a stop, no further harm can come of it. What do you do?

If you put yourself in Josh's shoes and "assume" that he had no ill intent, it's easy to see the moral dilemma he would have found himself in.

camdisco24
11-27-2010, 06:29 PM

Honestly, I'm just tired of the BS. And I think I speak for a lot of people by saying that. This is not his first blunder.

Lancane

Insults? Well, maybe a should retract my previous statement, I guess your not a saint! But thanks none the less, it's much better to be groundlessly insulted and know someone's true colors rather then those which are nothing more then a facade. So I take it since I'm a so 'overdosed with drama' you don't want to be my friend no more?

:sad:

:boom:

BroncoBJ
Woo-woo, they did so well only to fall short! :D

Maybe McDaniels learned from that and we'll finish it off and go 19-0 now. :lol:

Bosco
11-27-2010, 06:30 PM
So, you don't believe McD viewed the footage? Neither does the NFL and they had computer experts come in to check out the Broncos video system and were apparently convinced that the footage wasn't viewed by McDaniels.

don't you think he's in the wrong for knowingly not letting someone know another member of the organization is cheating? He's in the wrong for apparently going to Bowlen with the issue and not letting the league know the moment he found out, which he is being fairly punished for with a slap on the wrist.

If he had sanctioned the taping, used it, or tried to cover it up than it would be a serious issue with more punishment coming his way and I would be upset.

claymore
11-27-2010, 06:31 PM

If you cant see it, im not going to explain it to you.

spikerman
11-27-2010, 06:32 PM
He was clearly wrong for not telling the Broncos execs and league right away. However, look at it this way.

Someone, possibly a friend, that works for you comes to you and they have done something wrong. You put a stop to it, and know that if you take it further, it will not only get him fired, but also possibly end his career. You believe that you have put it to a stop, no further harm can come of it. What do you do?

If you put yourself in Josh's shoes and "assume" that he had no ill intent, it's easy to see the moral dilemma he would have found himself in.

I would hope he would hold himself and his friends to the same standard in which he holds his players, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Bosco
Insults? Well, maybe a should retract my previous statement, I guess your not a saint! But thanks none the less, it's much better to be groundlessly insulted and know someone's true colors rather then those which are nothing more then a facade. So I take it since I'm a so 'overdosed with drama' you don't want to be my friend no more?

What insult? Telling you that you're being over dramatic and need to chill out?

Come on now.

TXBRONC
Stink is no dummy.

This is common sense. There's no way the guy acted on his own.

BeefStew25
11-27-2010, 06:33 PM
McD would **** up a rock fight.

GEM
I would assume that Goodell & Co also spoke with Scarnecchia in regards to this, and there is no way that I can see Scarnecchia taking full responsibility for this, if more than he were involved. Also, he has been fired by the Broncos, and if more than he were involved, I have to believe the last has not been heard from Scarnecchia.

Which is the scary part....he opens his mouth and our first is gone.

BroncoNut

I see your point. I'm not yet to jump on josh's ass.

BroncoNut
11-27-2010, 06:34 PM
McD would **** up a rock fight.

what do you mean?

spikerman
11-27-2010, 06:35 PM
I'm not necessarily buying what the NFL is selling either. The NFL has a stake in not letting this look bad. They have to worry about the integrity of the game. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if the NFL had much more dirt but only slapped the Broncos on the wrist because they lost the game anyway. Of course, unlike some people, I'll admit that I'm only speculating and my view shouldn't be taken as fact.

BroncoNut
11-27-2010, 06:36 PM
I'm not necessarily buying what the NFL is selling either. The NFL has a stake in not letting this look bad. They have to worry about the integrity of the game. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if the NFL had much more dirt but only slapped the Broncos on the wrist because they lost the game anyway. Of course, unlike some people, I'll admit that I'm only speculating and my view shouldn't be taken as fact.

I appreciate your humility

claymore
11-27-2010, 06:36 PM

Im sure the only reason we know is because the 49'ers know. If they would have lost this would have been a shit storm.

Tned
11-27-2010, 06:37 PM
I would hope he would hold himself and his friends to the same standard in which he holds his players, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

So, in a situation where you held your friends fate in your hands, doing 'what was technically right' would result in him being fired, ostracized and career over, but doing nothing would end it and no harm come. You wouldn't even hesitate, you would turn your friend in without second thought?

spikerman
11-27-2010, 06:38 PM
I appreciate your humility

If you're being sarcastic I'm taking back my hi-five!!! :D

BroncoNut
So, in a situation where you held your friends fate in your hands, doing 'what was technically right' would result in him being fired, ostracized and career over, but doing nothing would end it and no harm come. You wouldn't even hesitate, you would turn your friend in without second thought?

I sure wouldn't want to be friends with spiker.

Tned

If that's the case, then that would be conveyed to Bowlen/Ellis quietly and at some point in near future, McDaniels will be fired. That's the only way, IMO, that the NFL would bury evidence, McDaniels would have to go down.

BroncoNut
11-27-2010, 06:39 PM
If you're being sarcastic I'm taking back my hi-five!!! :D

I'm not. You are clearly a great man

BeefStew25
11-27-2010, 06:40 PM
I want McD's and Nut's heads on sticks.

Lancane
11-27-2010, 06:40 PM
What insult? Telling you that you're being over dramatic and need to chill out?

Come on now.

(((Sarcasm))) it's a great thing when both sides get it!

spikerman
11-27-2010, 06:42 PM

Every situation is different, but since McDaniels got to Denver he's preached accountability. Shouldn't he hold himself and his friends to that same standard? Besides, if this truly was just one guy taking it upon himself to do this and McDaniels would have come clean immediately I suspect the fines would have been the end of it. It was the Broncos' decision to ultimately fire the guy, not the NFL's. If McD really thought it was a one-time error in judgement there would be no reason to let him go.

As for McD having nothing to do with it my dad used to say to me, "c'mon, as was born at night, but I wasn't born last night."

Krugan
11-27-2010, 06:42 PM

I can honestly say I would have done the right thing. that being turning it in right away.

Simply put, my career and integrity comes before the holding of someones hand.

Stealing, cheating, and lying, not something I would allow even from a freind under my watch. My family depends on my income, and that outways anything a friend might do.

If Josh got fired over this, would his friend support his family? Doubtful.

spikerman
11-27-2010, 06:47 PM
I sure wouldn't want to be friends with spiker.

I'm not claiming to be a saint, but I think I would hold myself to the same standard that I hold others. In all honesty, I don't know how I would handle the situation if I was in McDaniels' place. None of us do. The troubling thing is that this isn't the first time either one of these guys have been associated with a similar situation and I do believe that where there is smoke there is fire.

spikerman
11-27-2010, 06:48 PM
I'm not. You are clearly a great man

Now you're just trying to hurt me. :tsk: :D

BroncoNut
11-27-2010, 06:49 PM
Now you're just trying to hurt me. :tsk: :D

c'mon Spiker. of course not

Tned
Every situation is different, but since McDaniels got to Denver he's preached accountability. Shouldn't he hold himself and his friends to that same standard? Besides, if this truly was just one guy taking it upon himself to do this and McDaniels would have come clean immediately I suspect the fines would have been the end of it. It was the Broncos' decision to ultimately fire the guy, not the NFL's. If McD really thought it was a one-time error in judgement there would be no reason to let him go.

As for McD having nothing to do with it my dad used to say to me, "c'mon, as was born at night, but I wasn't born last night."

The reports have said the guy has been barred from working in the NFL. Do you really think it was just the Broncos choice to fire him?

Ok, last try at this. McD has preached accountability and TEAM first.

So, two buddies see DJ Williams roll up to a party totally hammered. Do they:

1. Take his keys away and make sure he doesn't drive again that night?
2. Call the police and have them come down and arrest DJ, with the Broncos signing affidavits to the effect they saw him driving to go along with the cops blood alcohol tests?

So, in light of all the preaching McD has done, the 'right' thing to do would be turn DJ into the cops. Right?

All I'm saying is that when you are put in a situation of doing what is technically, or legally, right, and trying to help out a friend/team mate when you think that you have contained the situation and no more harm can come, it isn't a 'simple' decision.

Northman

Had it never happen to him before i might agree about the choice to be made. But, if i knew a guy was doing something (friend or not) that would bring more scrutiny, distractions, or penalties to my team i would do all i needed to make sure that the team comes first. That is what he preaches but does not back up personally. If your going to pump your chest that your a man of integrity and character you dont deceive the public and allow this to come up WEEKS after the fact. Sorry, Josh is clearly wrong here and it was a major fubar and he needs to be fired as he has done nothing but bring utter chaos and disappointing results to this franchise. None of the other young HC's have this kind of crap going on even with their losing seasons.

BroncoNut
11-27-2010, 06:50 PM
I'm not claiming to be a saint, but I think I would hold myself to the same standard that I hold others. In all honesty, I don't know how I would handle the situation if I was in McDaniels' place. None of us do. The troubling thing is that this isn't the first time either one of these guys have been associated with a similar situation and I do believe that where there is smoke there is fire.

I understand, but say a "friend" comes to you and says he fuks dogs and feels bad for it and wants to stop. Would you go tell everybody?

Northman
11-27-2010, 06:52 PM

Would you turn your friend in if he killed somebody drinking and driving? Raped a girl? etc? A friend wouldnt put you in that situation to begin with so yea, i would boot his/her ass out in a heartbeat.

Krugan
11-27-2010, 06:52 PM
The reports have said the guy has been barred from working in the NFL. Do you really think it was just the Broncos choice to fire him?

2. Call the police and have them come down and arrest DJ, with the Broncos signing affidavits to the effect they saw him driving to go along with the cops blood alcohol tests?

So, in light of all the preaching McD has done, the 'right' thing to do would be turn DJ into the cops. Right?

All I'm saying is that when you are put in a situation of doing what is technically, or legally, right, and trying to help out a friend/team mate when you think that you have contained the situation and no more harm can come, it isn't a 'simple' decision.

The situation is entirely different.

You cant compare taking someones keys away to having an illegal video tape that could cost your employer thousands of dollars. Let alone be something that could cost you your job.

Not even in the same ballpark.

spikerman
11-27-2010, 06:54 PM

Nobody (that I know of) claimed the decision was simple; however, I don't think it's easy to compare all situations. In my mind if you're going to have integrity, in your scenario DJ Williams should be suspended for at least one game or the maximum allowable under the current collective bargaining agreement. McDaniels should do his best to keep that in house, as much as possible.

The scenario that really happened concerned a competitive advantage for one team over another. McDaniels had a duty to report the incident. If the videographer was banned by the NFL, I suspect it's because this wasn't his first offense. That alone should raise flags.

spikerman
11-27-2010, 06:56 PM
I understand, but say a "friend" comes to you and says he fuks dogs and feels bad for it and wants to stop. Would you go tell everybody?

Absolutely not, but that has no effect on me or my team getting the job done. Of course, he would no longer be my friend.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-27-2010, 06:56 PM
Scarnecchia admitted to NFL Security that he recorded the practice, and maintained it was the first time he had engaged in such an action since joining the Broncos. He said that no one had instructed him to tape the practice, and that when he offered to show the tape to McDaniels, the head coach refused.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...d-35ad4f30f157

TXBRONC
11-27-2010, 06:57 PM
Which is the scary part....he opens his mouth and our first is gone.

Scarnecchia would have to provide irrefutable evidence that McDaniels is more deeply involved than he is admitting too. While I have a very difficult time that this guy acted on his own there really no way to prove it.

Tned
11-27-2010, 06:58 PM

You cant compare taking someones keys away to having an illegal video tape that could cost your employer thousands of dollars. Let alone be something that could cost you your job.

What if DJ rolled passed a dozen young girls on the way to Catholic school? He was breaking the law. Not turning him in could result in next time him running them over, which would not only result in a loss of life, but also a major black mark on the team. Do you take the keys away or turn him in.

For you guys that say it's an easy decision, then power to you. I don't think it would be. If someone comes to you about something, and you know that taking it forward will ruin his career, and you think you have put an end to it, I think any decent person/friend would at least take pause in trying to decide what to do.

You don't think that when Josh is talking about team first, he is talking about having each other's backs?

I'm not saying Josh did what was right, I'm simply saying I understand it had to be a moral dilemma for him and not an 'easy' choice.

KCL
11-27-2010, 07:01 PM
Tned...you sure are using a lot of ifs and iffy scenarios in defending what has happened...;)

Bosco
11-27-2010, 07:01 PM
What if DJ rolled passed a dozen young girls on the way to Catholic school? He was breaking the law. Not turning him in could result in next time him running them over, which would not only result in a loss of life, but also a major black mark on the team. Do you take the keys away or turn him in.

For you guys that say it's an easy decision, then power to you. I don't think it would be. If someone comes to you about something, and you know that taking it forward will ruin his career, and you think you have put an end to it, I think any decent person/friend would at least take pause in trying to decide what to do.

You don't think that when Josh is talking about team first, he is talking about having each other's backs?

I'm not saying Josh did what was right, I'm simply saying I understand it had to be a moral dilemma for him and not an 'easy' choice.

Good post.

Dzone
11-27-2010, 07:02 PM
Just turned on foxsports radio, guess what they were talking about? They talked about what a shambles this franchise is in now and that maybe its time to fire the coach...dont shoot me, Im just saying what I heard...lol

Tned
11-27-2010, 07:03 PM
Tned...you sure are using a lot of ifs and iffy scenarios in defending what has happened...;)

Just trying to point out how easy it is for us to be judgemental sitting behind our keyboards, when in fact I believe most of us what have pause if we were in the same situation.

Krugan
11-27-2010, 07:04 PM

Still I will claim driving drunk isnt a good comparison. I would take his keys, most surely.

If I am at work and KNOW that something happened that could bring my employment to an end and cause issues for my family, then yes I report right now.

Not a hard choice at all.

KCL
11-27-2010, 07:06 PM
Just trying to point out how easy it is for us to be judgemental sitting behind our keyboards, when in fact I believe most of us what have pause if we were in the same situation.

That's just it...none of us are in that situation and probably never will be...this is on McD whether people want to admit it or not.

Tned
11-27-2010, 07:08 PM
Still I will claim driving drunk isnt a good comparison. I would take his keys, most surely.

If I am at work and KNOW that something happened that could bring my employment to an end and cause issues for my family, then yes I report right now.

Not a hard choice at all.

Bad scenario, you keep saying it will bring your career to an end. If you're not afraid of that, either because you have enough money that it doesn't matter, or believe that wouldn't be the result, but instead it is simply about doing what is "technically right" or "helping out a friend, with no harm done, because you contained it", you're saying you just do what's "technically right" without a second thought? I honestly doubt that's true.

I think it's very easy for us to sit here and judge, but if we were wearing the shoes it wouldn't be quite as easy a choice.

Northman

Then again none of us are proclaiming to be high character guys/gals either. Im a big fan of practice what you preach and if you dont than get ready for the criticism.

TXBRONC

I was just going to say something similar. We're talking about a doing something that could cost you your job.

Tned
11-27-2010, 07:09 PM
That's just it...none of us are in that situation and probably never will be...this is on McD whether people want to admit it or not.

You've NEVER been in a situation where you had to choose between doing what was right or choosing loyalty to a friend or co-worker? Wow, you've lived a lucky life.

Tned
11-27-2010, 07:10 PM
Then again none of us are proclaiming to be high character guys/gals either. Im a big fan of practice what you preach and if you dont than get ready for the criticism.

He's also preached that THE number one things is team first -- having each other's back. Isn't that what he did?

Tned
11-27-2010, 07:11 PM
P.S. As many times as you guys have incorrectly labled me a McDaniels hater, I never thought I would see the day that I was just about the last person (other than Bosco) defending McDaniels. :lol:

Krugan
11-27-2010, 07:12 PM
Bad scenario, you keep saying it will bring your career to an end. If you're not afraid of that, either because you have enough money that it doesn't matter, or believe that wouldn't be the result, but instead it is simply about doing what is "technically right" or "helping out a friend, with no harm done, because you contained it", you're saying you just do what's "technically right" without a second thought? I honestly doubt that's true.

I think it's very easy for us to sit here and judge, but if we were wearing the shoes it wouldn't be quite as easy a choice.

Yes Tned I would. Ethics, sometimes you have to hang your hat on your own selfworth. I would have a hard sleeping at night.

Im not sure why it would be a hard choice, I would certainly hope none of my friends would ever put me into that position. That being said, if they did, im 100% sure I wouldnt tolerate it.

And, honestly, I would expect the same in return. Thats a hard thing to deal with, im sure I would ahve hard feelings if I did, but the rational thought to realise they preserved their own best interests.

GEM
11-27-2010, 07:13 PM

That's just it, T. Integrity and character. You don't get bonus points for having character, but having character is what defines you. As has been said after...if this was the first time, perhaps. But it's not.

The character and integrity is that he should have notified the Broncos immediately. The lack of character and integrity is that he tried to brush it under the rug to save his friend.

Another oddity...I don't think it was McD that turned it in. It sounds like it was a 3rd party.

GEM
11-27-2010, 07:15 PM
He's also preached that THE number one things is team first -- having each other's back. Isn't that what he did?

Not when it is something that puts the team at risk.

Northman
11-27-2010, 07:15 PM

The way he has pranced around i would figure CHARACTER is more important than team since he had no problem getting rid of team guy like Hillis. :laugh:

TXBRONC
11-27-2010, 07:16 PM
You've NEVER been in a situation where you had to choose between doing what was right or choosing loyalty to a friend or co-worker? Wow, you've lived a lucky life.

I've never had a friend put me in a position where my job could be in jeopardy. If that did happen he sure hell wouldn't be much of a friend nor deserving of my loyalty.

frauschieze
11-27-2010, 07:17 PM
T - the difference in your scenario is there isn't a black and white rule which says you must call the police and sign an affidavit swearing DJ was driving drunk. There is no legal or team repercussions set forth for not taking that course of action. If one is "caught" not calling the police, they will not be fined, draft picks lost, etc.

I do understand why it can feel like a moral dilemma. But it isn't. McDaniels has more than a moral obligation to the team and the NFL. He has a duty to follow the rules because he receives a paycheck. Neglecting that duty because he wants to protect another who had been punished for the same deed before, is flat wronging the person who signs his paychecks and by extension, the entire team, and the league.

Dzone
11-27-2010, 07:19 PM
well, anyway, this story has legs and is most likely not over by a long shot and could result in a full blown investigation of the entire Mcdaniels regime...Remember last year at this exact time, we were getting news that Tiger Woods had a little fender bender...hope it doesnt happen, but it could lead to this coach going down in humiliation and shame...

TXBRONC
11-27-2010, 07:20 PM
T - the difference in your scenario is there isn't a black and white rule which says you must call the police and sign an affidavit swearing DJ was driving drunk. There is no legal or team repercussions set forth for not taking that course of action. If one is "caught" not calling the police, they will not be fined, draft picks lost, etc.

I do understand why it can feel like a moral dilemma. But it isn't. McDaniels has more than a moral obligation to the team and the NFL. He has a duty to follow the rules because he receives a paycheck. Neglecting that duty because he wants to protect another who had been punished for the same deed before, is flat wronging the person who signs his paychecks and by extension, the entire team, and the league.

Excellent post.

Tned
11-27-2010, 07:21 PM
That's just it, T. Integrity and character. You don't get bonus points for having character, but having character is what defines you. As has been said after...if this was the first time, perhaps. But it's not.

The character and integrity is that he should have notified the Broncos immediately. The lack of character and integrity is that he tried to brush it under the rug to save his friend.

Another oddity...I don't think it was McD that turned it in. It sounds like it was a 3rd party.

Based on what has been said so far, the only conclusion is that it was a third party that brought it to Ellis or someone else. It's VERY unlikely that the guy canned was the only one at Wembley when this was done. He was the video director, but there were probably camera guys and crew. It's likely a number of people knew about it.

As to the moral dilemma, I'll agree to disagree that it was one. I've been in situations where you have to choose between doing what's "right" and doing what's "right". They are never simple choices, so therefore I think the amount of judgement going on here is unfair. However, I've given my thoughts on this part of the story, so will let it go now.

Dzone
11-27-2010, 07:30 PM
turn on foxsportsradio..they are talking about it right now after the commercial break..saying the videographer SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN FIRED!!!!!!!

BroncoNut
11-27-2010, 07:32 PM
WITF are you guys talking about?

GEM
11-27-2010, 07:33 PM
WITF are you guys talking about?

Are we typing in Swahili, Nut?

Tned
11-27-2010, 07:34 PM
The way he has pranced around i would figure CHARACTER is more important than team since he had no problem getting rid of team guy like Hillis. :laugh:

Hey, that's dirty pool to try and flip me by bringing Hillis into the conversation!!!

P.S. I have said that I understood the rationale behind the trade, and didn't even have a major issue with it. My issue was not playing him last year, which would have made it clear that Hillis was an asset to the team.

Ayway, I'm feeling outgunned here. :lol:

Tned against 5 or 6 is a fair match, but this is starting to get lopsided!!!! ;)

BroncoNut
11-27-2010, 07:39 PM
Are we typing in Swahili, Nut?

No, I am just too lazy to read up.

Dzone
11-27-2010, 07:40 PM
come on you guys, this is getting huge national coverage this very minute..lets talk about spygate west as it is now being called

TXBRONC
11-27-2010, 07:42 PM
Hey, that's dirty pool to try and flip me by bringing Hillis into the conversation!!!

P.S. I have said that I understood the rationale behind the trade, and didn't even have a major issue with it. My issue was not playing him last year, which would have made it clear that Hillis was an asset to the team.

Ayway, I'm feeling outgunned here. :lol:

Tned against 5 or 6 is a fair match, but this is starting to get lopsided!!!! ;)

Sorry Tned I just want to put my two cents in. I didn't mean to make you feel like a one legged man in an ass kicking contest. :sad:

BroncoNut
11-27-2010, 07:43 PM
well, I am at work now because my new roomies are having a twenty something sausage fest. I am not in front of a tv and I am thinking seriously about running away from home

KCL
11-27-2010, 07:58 PM

Oh so this is about me? :confused: Sorry but I stand by my post...And to answer your question..no I have never been in that situation...I worked for a big corporation for 27 years and in all the years I was there I never once had to cover for anyone and if it meant my job then no I wouldn't have...but hey thanks for doing to me with this post what you have asked others not to do..:coffee:

Tned
11-27-2010, 08:09 PM
Oh so this is about me? :confused: Sorry but I stand by my post...And to answer your question..no I have never been in that situation...I worked for a big corporation for 27 years and in all the years I was there I never once had to cover for anyone and if it meant my job then no I wouldn't have...but hey thanks for doing to me with this post what you have asked others not to do..:coffee:

RC and Mtn will be proud of your use of the :coffee:

pnbronco
11-27-2010, 08:15 PM
P.S. As many times as you guys have incorrectly labled me a McDaniels hater, I never thought I would see the day that I was just about the last person (other than Bosco) defending McDaniels. :lol:

I've been really, really sick and can finally get out of bed for more than 20 minutes, just to clarify that I have not jumped ship.

I don't have the energy to read the whole thread so I won't. My biggest concern for over 4 days has been to take antibiotics every 12 hours and take enough Vicodin to keep me from screaming out in pain, but not pass out completely in case I need to throw up and not die that way.

I can honestly say that I've lived as close to black and white that I ever have in my life the last 96 hours and yet it's still not way. I don't know all the details, but what I've read is that a camera guy was behind and shot some footage. It did not appear that anyone ask him to do so and or that Coach did anything with it. What happened after that I have no idea what I would do if I thought I had contained everything and they could move on from there.

I do think that's it's just too easy to sit behind a key board and judge on partial info. Even if I had every bit of info I have no idea what the heck I would do with so many different individuals involved and scenarios.

I do think once Coach leaves here and I'm sure it will be sooner than later, he will win a SB pretty darn quick. The man has had enough bad luck to last a lifetime.

BroncoNut
11-27-2010, 08:21 PM
good and interesting take pn. my thoughts to some extent. I think it's also important to acknowledge that both teams practiced on the same field in London.

TXBRONC
11-27-2010, 08:27 PM
I've been really, really sick and can finally get out of bed for more than 20 minutes, just to clarify that I have not jumped ship.

I don't have the energy to read the whole thread so I won't. My biggest concern for over 4 days has been to take antibiotics every 12 hours and take enough Vicodin to keep me from screaming out in pain, but not pass out completely in case I need to throw up and not die that way.

I can honestly say that I've lived as close to black and white that I ever have in my life the last 96 hours and yet it's still not way. I don't know all the details, but what I've read is that a camera guy was behind and shot some footage. It did not appear that anyone ask him to do so and or that Coach did anything with it. What happened after that I have no idea what I would do if I thought I had contained every and they could move on from there.

I do think that's it's just too easy to sit behind a key board and judge on partial info. Even if I had every bit of info I have no idea what the heck I would do with so many different individuals involved and scenarios.

I do think once Coach leaves here and I'm sure it will be sooner than later, he will win a SB pretty darn quick. The man has had enough bad luck to last a lifetime.

I'm sorry you've been sick PN I sure hope you're on the way to recovery.:salute:

Imho this nothing to do with bad luck it's poor judgment.

Tned
11-27-2010, 08:29 PM
good and interesting take pn. my thoughts to some extent. I think it's also important to acknowledge that both teams practiced on the same field in London.

Actually, I believe they each had their own practice field to use. However, I think they were all allowed a brief walk through at Wembley. My understanding, but it could be wrong, is that the filming took place at Wembley.

Dzone
11-27-2010, 08:31 PM
heres the latest..just posted by mike florio
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/27/did-a-broncos-employee-blow-the-whistle-on-mcdaniels/

BroncoNut
11-27-2010, 08:31 PM
Actually, I believe they each had their own practice field to use. However, I think they were all allowed a brief walk through at Wembley. My understanding, but it could be wrong, is that the filming took place at Wembley.

that seems to be what I read as well Tned. Cheerio good lad.

KCL
11-27-2010, 08:35 PM
RC and Mtn will be proud of your use of the :coffee:

If you don't like me using the smiley...get rid of it...:coffee:
But thanks for hitting only on that part of my post.

Tned
11-27-2010, 08:35 PM
that seems to be what I read as well Tned. Cheerio good lad.

lol, that's very old school Brit. More likely, you'll just get a "Cheers mate". :D

Tned
11-27-2010, 08:38 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/27/did-a-broncos-employee-blow-the-whistle-on-mcdaniels/

Yea, read it a couple hours ago. He makes the case, which I agree with, that someone went to Bowlen, Ellis or someone high up and blew the whistle on the taping. They are not releasing the name to make sure there are no retributions against that person from McDaniels or anyone else.

For instance, when I was in London, and they did some filming at Picadilly, there was a Broncos video guy (virtually positive it wasn't the guy fired), there was an older guy with a beard directing everything, there was a woman helping set things up. There were a number of people.

There is a VERY good chance that there were a number of people in Wembley when the filming took place. One of them, or someone they told, probably blew the whistle.

BroncoNut
11-27-2010, 08:40 PM

I never have been in that situation either. I am pretty straight laced myself, so I have never really put a confidant in that situation either. i've been loyal to friends, and back them, but I have never had to take a bullet so to speak, for anyone. Now I have been fuked over by many people, I am sure, but they arent' really friends. I would expect anyone to throw me under the bus for themselves here at work and I'd probably do the same knowing that those *********** and whores would do it to me. Those mother******s. Damn, I am really pissed off right now all of a sudden

KCL
11-27-2010, 08:43 PM
I never have been in that situation either. I am pretty straight laced myself, so I have never really put a confidant in that situation either. i've been loyal to friends, and back them, but I have never had to take a bullet so to speak, for anyone. Now I have been fuked over by many people, I am sure, but they arent' really friends. I would expect anyone to throw me under the bus for themselves here at work and I'd probably do the same knowing that those *********** and whores would do it to me. Those mother******s. Damn, I am really pissed off right now all of a sudden

That was point nut...I needed my job and I sure as hell wouldn't put my job at risk over anyone...friend or co-worker...they sure as hell wouldn't pay my bills if I lost my job.

Tned
11-27-2010, 08:43 PM

Where do you work? Apple? Based on the mother******s, that's my best guess. ;)

BroncoNut
11-27-2010, 08:45 PM
That was point nut...I needed my job and I sure as hell wouldn't put my job at risk over anyone...friend or co-worker...they sure as hell wouldn't pay my bills if I lost my job.

like I say though. I don't know if I would or not. I don't have any friends in the workplace, and that may be a primary reason why. I've never really made any friends at work come to think of it.

BroncoNut
11-27-2010, 08:47 PM
Where do you work? Apple? Based on the mother******s, that's my best guess. ;)

No, I work for the government. There's actually quite a few people I work with that I like, but I wouldn't really call them friends. none that I work closely with anyway.

Northman
11-27-2010, 08:48 PM

So it wasnt McD who brought it too their attention, it was an anonymous individual and had they not McD would of continued to cover it up. Interesting.

KCL
11-27-2010, 08:48 PM
like I say though. I don't know if I would or not. I don't have any friends in the workplace, and that may be a primary reason why. I've never really made any friends at work come to think of it.

That's because you're there to make money...not friends...:D
I met a lot of good people in my time with the company...like I told Tned..I was never put in a situation where I had to risk my job for anyone and like I also said...if I did..those people sure wouldn't offer to pay my bills...but anyway I am done talking about that...this isn't about us anyhow.

KCL
11-27-2010, 08:50 PM
So it wasnt McD who brought it too their attention, it was an anonymous individual and had they not McD would of continued to cover it up. Interesting.

So in a nutshell..that's what the link/article is stating.

BroncoNut
11-27-2010, 08:52 PM
I met a lot of good people in my time with the company...like I told Tned..I was never put in a situation where I had to risk my job for anyone and like I also said...if I did..those people sure wouldn't offer to pay my bills...but anyway I am done talking about that...this isn't about us anyhow.

yeah, it really isn't. I'm tired of talking about it too, I guess.

BroncoNut
11-27-2010, 08:54 PM

I'm not so sure he was "covering" anything up though. He very well may have forgotten all about it or dismissed it with a "get that shit away from me" type of thing. I think that kind of thing goes on all the time. There are shady corner cutting mofo's in all walks of life.

Dzone
11-27-2010, 08:55 PM
this is interesting
http://sports.espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/20731/is-taping-incident-final-straw-for-mcdaniels

Northman
11-27-2010, 08:56 PM

I look at it more from a maturity and age standpoint. I have 2 best friends right now. My wife and my best friend Chris. If either one put me in a bad position i wouldnt hesitate to do away with them. Sounds harsh but i learned at age 18 that people will use you and sell you out no matter how much they tell you they are your friend. When i was 18 i may have had a "moral" dilemma because frankly i was young and didnt know any better. But at age 40 ive learned a lot in terms of people and those who call themselves your friend would never put you in bad situations or circumstances. McD is not 18 and should know better and most likely tried to sweep it under the rug until someone blew the whistle. With that i have no doubt he is as guilty as the guy who filmed the practice no matter if he watched the footage or not. At the end of the day it wasnt HIM that brought it too their attention and the onus is on him on how this team is viewed by public opinion and character since that is what he has based his tenure on.

TXBRONC
11-27-2010, 08:56 PM
So in a nutshell..that's what the link/article is stating.

Pretty much.

Northman
11-27-2010, 08:58 PM
I'm not so sure he was "covering" anything up though. He very well may have forgotten all about it or dismissed it with a "get that shit away from me" type of thing. I think that kind of thing goes on all the time. There are shady corner cutting mofo's in all walks of life.

If it was his first offense with dealing with that type of issue i might be inclined to agree with you. But considering he has a history of being around this type of behavior im not buying it that he was "forgetful" or "naive" about it.

BeefStew25
11-27-2010, 09:06 PM
Nut didn't you bone a dog of some chick you work with?

KCL
11-27-2010, 09:10 PM
I look at it more from a maturity and age standpoint. I have 2 best friends right now. My wife and my best friend Chris. If either one put me in a bad position i wouldnt hesitate to do away with them. Sounds harsh but i learned at age 18 that people will use you and sell you out no matter how much they tell you they are your friend. When i was 18 i may have had a "moral" dilemma because frankly i was young and didnt know any better. But at age 40 ive learned a lot in terms of people and those who call themselves your friend would never put you in bad situations or circumstances. McD is not 18 and should know better and most likely tried to sweep it under the rug until someone blew the whistle. With that i have no doubt he is as guilty as the guy who filmed the practice no matter if he watched the footage or not. At the end of the day it wasnt HIM that brought it too their attention and the onus is on him on how this team is viewed by public opinion and character since that is what he has based his tenure on.

I agree and I posted in one of the other threads ( and someone questioned me about it) it falls on McD...The HC...The one in charge...no question about it..whether he had any knowledge of this or not..this all falls on his shoulders.

Dreadnought
11-27-2010, 09:10 PM

That was a black hearted mean spirited lie. I can't understand why anyone would say that about Nut.

Now, as to Coach McDaniels, lets say we might reevaluate some of the personnel decisions of the past two years, shall we? Lets just assume he isn't telling the truth this time though...

Tned
11-27-2010, 09:11 PM
That was a black hearted mean spirited lie. I can't understand why anyone would say that about Nut.

Now, as to Coach McDaniels, lets say we might reevaluate some of the personnel decisions of the past two years, shall we? Lets just assume he isn't telling the truth this time though...

Dread, let's not go overboard, even if he's lieing now, let's not be rash and assume that he did more than pick up the phone and say no...

TXBRONC
11-27-2010, 09:17 PM

I kind of doubt it that just slipped his mind considering that McDaniels witnessed this song and dance in New England I just can't see this a lapse in memory.

claymore
11-27-2010, 09:19 PM
If McD was a good HC we wopuld have got away with this.

Bosco
I kind of doubt it that just slipped his mind considering that McDaniels witnessed this song and dance in New England I just can't see this a lapse in memory.

Considering the Broncos had placed the video director on leave and were doing some kind of internal investigation, it's safe to say that it wasn't a lapse in memory. Pretty clear that they intended to keep it in house.

Dreadnought
Dread, let's not go overboard, even if he's lieing now, let's not be rash and assume that he did more than pick up the phone and say no...

Howz about "Lamont Jordan gives us the best chance to win"?:D

BroncoWave
11-27-2010, 09:21 PM

The most likely scenario is that he figured that if he just refused to watch the tape and had it deleted the matter would just go away. I doubt he "forgot" persay, he just didn't think it would amount to anything.

TXBRONC
11-27-2010, 09:21 PM

He didn't pick up a phone in this instance he hit a delete button. :wink:

Northman
11-27-2010, 09:22 PM
He didn't pick up a phone in this instance he hit a delete button. :wink:

Actually, he thought he was ordering pizza.

Dreadnought
11-27-2010, 09:24 PM

Or was thought he was going to meet Hot girls who like to meet new people for naughty chats

TXBRONC
11-27-2010, 09:29 PM

Domino's or Papa Johns? :lol:

Tned
11-27-2010, 09:35 PM
Considering the Broncos had placed the video director on leave and were doing some kind of internal investigation, it's safe to say that it wasn't a lapse in memory. Pretty clear that they intended to keep it in house.

Again, passing on the known facts and looking for a complicated solution.

The facts that have been stated was that McDaniels found out on Oct. 30th. The Broncos Execs didn't find out until Nov. 8th. The NFL started an investigation on the 12th (I believe). The video guy was put on leave sometime prior to the San Diego game.

While I think the "lapse in memory" theory is silly, it is also VERY clear that McDaniels didn't plan all along to bring this up to the Broncos execs. He admitted guilt in this area, and the league said that's why he and the Broncos were fined.

The most likely scenario is that he figured that if he just refused to watch the tape and had it deleted the matter would just go away. I doubt he "forgot" persay, he just didn't think it would amount to anything.

That's the point I was trying, and failing, to make. He most likely thought that by refusing to watch it, telling the guy to delete it and never do it again, that it was over. Wrong? Yes. Understandable that he could choose that path? Yes.

frauschieze
11-27-2010, 09:35 PM

He wasn't on leave immediately. Only after the whistleblower went to Bowlen/Ellis. McD may have intended on keeping things in house, but it's pretty clear Bowlen did not.

I Eat Staples
11-27-2010, 09:47 PM
Lol and people called Cutler the liar. Hahaha.

pnbronco
11-27-2010, 09:52 PM
Howz about "Lamont Jordan gives us the best chance to win"?:D

Hey don't be meanie.....I may be able to actually keep food down tonight.....:laugh:

TXBRONC
11-27-2010, 09:55 PM

No it's more like McDaniels intended to nothing until he was outed. There is NOTHING to suggest that McDaniels came forward so they could do an internal investigation.

claymore
11-27-2010, 09:56 PM
No it's more like McDaniels intended to nothing until he was outed. There is NOTHING to suggest that McDaniels came forward so they could do an internal investigation.

He didnt hold himself accountable. Hmm. Wonder what the players think of this.

TXBRONC
11-27-2010, 10:04 PM
He didnt hold himself accountable. Hmm. Wonder what the players think of this.

I doubt we ever find out even if McDaniels gets fired at some point.

dogfish
11-28-2010, 12:11 AM

^^ this ^^

underrated29
11-28-2010, 12:15 AM
so the same patriots guy who video'd sp? before is the one who just filmed for us too?

This guy needs a job with the paparrazi. Do you know how many HOT models and actresses and singers are out there that I need to see naked? He is in the right field just the wrong department. Someone send him the memo quick. He will get paid for this stuff too instead of fined.

TXBRONC
11-28-2010, 12:32 AM
so the same patriots guy who video'd sp? before is the one who just filmed for us too?

This guy needs a job with the paparrazi. Do you know how many HOT models and actresses and singers are out there that I need to see naked? He is in the right field just the wrong department. Someone send him the memo quick. He will get paid for this stuff too instead of fined.

Nah this guy has bad habit of doing the wrong thing. :smile:

Northman
11-28-2010, 12:36 AM

He might be headed that way after being fired by the Broncos.

Broncos Mtnman
11-28-2010, 01:06 AM
Didn't read the whole thread, but anyone who believes that "he didn't view the video" needs to take these off.....

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/2566/orangeglasses.jpg

chazoe60
11-28-2010, 01:15 AM
I find it awful hard to believe that the organization had a rogue videographer. Why would some guy who gets paid to take video just go off on a rogue mission to tape another team's practice? Especially considering his and McD's past together. Nope, there was some serious shenanigans going on here. Believing McD was somehow innocent in this is naive at best,

Tned
11-28-2010, 02:02 AM
I find it awful hard to believe that the organization had a rogue videographer. Why would some guy who gets paid to take video just go off on a rogue mission to tape another team's practice? Especially considering his and McD's past together. Nope, there was some serious shenanigans going on here. Believing McD was somehow innocent in this is naive at best,

I think people overlook the most likely scenario. I'm not saying that it isn't possible that McDaniels put him up to it, but assuming that didn't happen, it's not about a rogue videographer on a secret mission.

It was almost certainly a crime of opportunity. As the league official said, it was a strange set of circumstances that had the crews/teams overlapping, due to the fact they were setting up in a neutral stadium in London.

The most likely scenario is that they were setting up on Saturday, and that overlapped with the Niners walk through. No officials were on the ball enough to clear out the Broncos crew, and the video guy saw the opportunity and hit record, figuring "who will ever know".

chazoe60
11-28-2010, 02:10 AM
I think people overlook the most likely scenario. I'm not saying that it isn't possible that McDaniels put him up to it, but assuming that didn't happen, it's not about a rogue videographer on a secret mission.

It was almost certainly a crime of opportunity. As the league official said, it was a strange set of circumstances that had the crews/teams overlapping, due to the fact they were setting up in a neutral stadium in London.

The most likely scenario is that they were setting up on Saturday, and that overlapped with the Niners walk through. No officials were on the ball enough to clear out the Broncos crew, and the video guy saw the opportunity and hit record, figuring "who will ever know".

If that is the case, considering his history, this man must be one of the dumbest human beings who ever lived. This would end up being the NFL version of the "stupid criminal" articles you see in the newspaper.

Tned
11-28-2010, 02:14 AM
If that is the case, considering his history, this man must be one of the dumbest human beings who ever lived. This would end up being the NFL version of the "stupid criminal" articles you see in the newspaper.

Really? Why? How is that, which is the most likely scenario, so much harder to believe then "Josh sent him on a secret mission that just happened to work out because the NFL screwed up and let them in the stadium at the same time as the Niners"?

chazoe60
11-28-2010, 02:19 AM
Really? Why? How is that, which is the most likely scenario, so much harder to believe then "Josh sent him on a secret mission that just happened to work out because the NFL screwed up and let them in the stadium at the same time as the Niners"?

I think you misunderstood me. I was saying that if this camera man just decided on his own to take advantage of the situation then he must be the stupidest man alive. I'm not saying that it isn't possible. I am saying that it is very possible and that if that is how it went down then the guy(not McD, the camera guy) is an absolute friggin moron.

Tned
11-28-2010, 02:26 AM
I think you misunderstood me. I was saying that if this camera man just decided on his own to take advantage of the situation then he must be the stupidest man alive. I'm not saying that it isn't possible. I am saying that it is very possible and that if that is how it went down then the guy(not McD, the camera guy) is an absolute friggin moron.

I understood what you typed, I just don't think it makes a bit of sense, especially compared to your theory that McDaniels put him up to it.

chazoe60
11-28-2010, 02:30 AM
I understood what you typed, I just don't think it makes a bit of sense, especially compared to your theory that McDaniels put him up to it.

What I was saying was that if this guy, who has a past incident of taping other teams illegally, saw the overlapping and thought to himself "Ooh, I could tape these guys, no one would ever know" then that would make him one of the dumbest people ever. I don't see what is so hard to understand about that?

I still do not buy it, but I suppose if this guy is that dumb then it is possible.

Ravage!!!
11-28-2010, 02:43 AM
Chaz is right. If this guy did that after everything that happened, then he's a moron for believing he could just "tape it" and no one would know nor care.

I think its pretty conveinent to blame the video guy. It sooooo like something Belicheck would say. I just picked up the phone... I didn't do anything.. the video guy did it on his own. It wasn't my fault we had a bad draft, I didn't have enough time to prepare.

Nothing is this guy's fault. He' just the most unlucky SOB in football, and just happens to pick up the wrong ringing phones and fires the wrong people...stepped into a team that was just stalked full of malcontents, and DCs that were hired decided they " no longer wanted to be in Denver." McD is completely innocent of all, the video guy did it, and all he did was "not watch" and refuse to tell anyone.

Tned
11-28-2010, 02:52 AM
What I was saying was that if this guy, who has a past incident of taping other teams illegally, saw the overlapping and thought to himself "Ooh, I could tape these guys, no one would ever know" then that would make him one of the dumbest people ever. I don't see what is so hard to understand about that?

I still do not buy it, but I suppose if this guy is that dumb then it is possible.

Yet this conspiracy theory of yours makes sense do you?

BroncoNut
11-28-2010, 03:16 AM

thanks buddy. that has absolutely nothing to do with anything. What is your point Nate? Perfect example of a fake friend right there folks. Grow up Stewart. Yeah, his name is Nate Stewart

BroncoNut
11-28-2010, 03:19 AM

maybe he had other things to deal with. like a shitty team just for example

dogfish
11-28-2010, 03:28 AM
Chaz is right. If this guy did that after everything that happened, then he's a moron for believing he could just "tape it" and no one would know nor care.

I think its pretty conveinent to blame the video guy. It sooooo like something Belicheck would say. I just picked up the phone... I didn't do anything.. the video guy did it on his own. It wasn't my fault we had a bad draft, I didn't have enough time to prepare.

Nothing is this guy's fault. He' just the most unlucky SOB in football, and just happens to pick up the wrong ringing phones and fires the wrong people...stepped into a team that was just stalked full of malcontents, and DCs that were hired decided they " no longer wanted to be in Denver." McD is completely innocent of all, the video guy did it, and all he did was "not watch" and refuse to tell anyone.

"i did not have sexual relations with that woman"

"i am not going to be the coach at alabama"

Broncos Mtnman
11-28-2010, 09:04 PM

I've said it before - he's the Obama of the NFL.

He's not a bad coach, he just inherited a bad team.

:coffee:

Broncos Mtnman
11-28-2010, 09:04 PM
"i did not have sexual relations with that woman"

"i am not going to be the coach at alabama"

"I didn't inhale"