PDA

View Full Version : If This is True McDaniels MUST be Fired

Pages : [1] 2

spikerman
11-27-2010, 09:38 AM
It's bad enough being a laughingstock, but being accused of being dirty is icing on the cake. Of course it doesn't say much for the team if they can't win even when they may be cheating.

NFL investigating possible Broncos filming violation

In an echo of the New England Patriots' "Spygate" scandal, the NFL is investigating whether a Broncos employee videotaped a San Francisco 49ers walk-through at London's Wembley Stadium four weeks ago.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16720519

frauschieze
11-27-2010, 09:46 AM
Is Director of Video Operations a position a head coach would hire? It seems more like a position a GM would fill, but I don't know for sure.

spikerman
11-27-2010, 09:49 AM
Is Director of Video Operations a position a head coach would hire? It seems more like a position a GM would fill, but I don't know for sure.

This is directly from the article,

"McDaniels hired Scarnecchia to run the Broncos' video operations shortly after he accepted the job in January 2009."

Read more: NFL investigating possible Broncos filming violation - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16720519#ixzz16UiRp6Xp
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse "

frauschieze
11-27-2010, 09:54 AM
This is directly from the article,

"McDaniels hired Scarnecchia to run the Broncos' video operations shortly after he accepted the job in January 2009."

Read more: NFL investigating possible Broncos filming violation - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16720519#ixzz16UiRp6Xp
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse "

Exactly why I asked the question. There are people who believe that McDaniels isn't doing everything. This is yet another small bit of evidence that he is, provided it's not a normal head coaching duty on the NFL level. I don't want to make that assumption.

atwater27
11-27-2010, 10:14 AM
SO let me get this right...... We may have illegally spied on the 9ers gameplan walkthrough, but we still lost.

broncofaninfla
11-27-2010, 10:19 AM
If we lose our first round pick over this, possibly a top 5 pick the way the season has been going, heads need to roll. If this is true, everybody involved needs to be terminated.

scott.475
11-27-2010, 10:19 AM
Could this season get any worse? Good grief.

BroncoWave
11-27-2010, 10:30 AM
If we lose our first round pick over this, possibly a top 5 pick the way the season has been going, heads need to roll. If this is true, everybody involved needs to terminated.

Agreed. If proven true, there will be NO justification for bringing McDaniels back and he will be lucky to even get another NFL job at any level.

broncofaninfla
11-27-2010, 10:45 AM
More from PFT: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

gobroncsnv
11-27-2010, 10:51 AM
Wonder if Bowlen put something in his contract that was incentive driven, like no videotaping other teams, or something like that?
Well, before this gets too far, keep in mind that this kind of thing SHOULD be pursued by the league, we can't, nor SHOULDN'T make any judgements until all of the facts come out, including any punishments that are handed out.

OrangeHoof
11-27-2010, 10:51 AM
Wouldn't spying on the 49ers be a little bit like spying on the Pittsburgh Pirates?

topscribe
11-27-2010, 11:01 AM
Well, it looks like we may have to drop the "Belicheat" moniker . . .

-----

Northman
11-27-2010, 11:01 AM
Wonder if Bowlen put something in his contract that was incentive driven, like no videotaping other teams, or something like that?
Well, before this gets too far, keep in mind that this kind of thing SHOULD be pursued by the league, we can't, nor SHOULDN'T make any judgements until all of the facts come out, including any punishments that are handed out.

I disagree. Generally where there's smoke there is fire and considering the history of that kind of scandel dealing with his former team there is great reason to be concerned.

Ravage!!!
11-27-2010, 11:05 AM
Unbelievable

Ravage!!!
11-27-2010, 11:08 AM
I disagree. Generally where there's smoke there is fire and considering the history of that kind of scandel dealing with his former team i there is great reason to be concerned.

Absolutely. Its not a coincidence that it was one of Belicheck's tree that turned him into the NFL for cheating with video.. and its not a coincidence that the one kid that has proved to try and mimick Belicheck, down to the clothing and TEs acquired, is not under investigation.

chazoe60
11-27-2010, 11:10 AM
Would this give Bowlen cause to fire McD without having to pay the remainder of his contract? Conduct unbecoming, or something?

CHARLIEADAMSFAN
11-27-2010, 11:17 AM
I'm so embarrassed right now

gobroncsnv
11-27-2010, 11:23 AM
Well, kind of glad I'm not in a court that operates under some of the principles touted here.
But IF this happened, and all is proven, then I'm no fan at all of those kinds of tactics, and bring on the full bust. IF the taping happened, then all responsible deserve whatever penalty the league dishes out, once the facts come out. No place in my book for this kind of crap.

TXBRONC
11-27-2010, 11:23 AM
Would this give Bowlen cause to fire McD without having to pay the remainder of his contract? Conduct unbecoming, or something?

I don't know for sure but I would bet it's a very real possiblity. It might fit under beign fired for cause. If it is proven true.

Dean
11-27-2010, 11:24 AM
. . . and the good times just keep on coming. What the hell has this once proud orgainzation become? Even if the league finds no evidence of cheating we have already been given the black eye.

GEM
11-27-2010, 11:25 AM
How can you be forcing character down everyone's throat when you have none yourself.

**** you McDaniels! You have single handedly walked into my beloved franchise and absolutely torn it apart at the seams. Rot ya ******* jerk.

spikerman
11-27-2010, 11:28 AM
I was checking out the new Webster's 2011 dictionary. There were some interesting entries, for instance:

Laughingstock - see Denver Broncos

Pathetic - see Laughingstock.

Those Webster's people move fast!

TXBRONC
11-27-2010, 11:29 AM
How can you be forcing character down everyone's throat when you have none yourself.

**** you McDaniels! You have single handedly walked into my beloved franchise and absolutely torn it apart at the seams. Rot ya ******* jerk.

If true it's beyond hypocritical if such a thing exists. :tsk:

SoCalImport
11-27-2010, 11:29 AM
. . . and the good times just keep on coming. What the hell has this once proud orgainzation become? Even if the league finds no evidence of cheating we have already been given the black eye.

Well IF the league finds no evidence of cheating then it's just hear say
and shouldn't have any bearing on what "this once proud organization (has) become".

that being said. If it does come down that it was cheating. Doesn't matter if a connection can be made directly to McD, He needs to go, along with anyone that is shown to be involved.

However, I'll reserve that kind of judgement till more is known.

atwater27
11-27-2010, 11:31 AM

That is language unbecoming of a Broncosforums moderator. And I agree!:cheers:

spikerman
11-27-2010, 11:32 AM
Well IF the league finds no evidence of cheating then it's just hear say
and shouldn't have any bearing on what "this once proud organization (has) become".

that being said. If it does come down that it was cheating. Doesn't matter if a connection can be made directly to McD, He needs to go, along with anyone that is shown to be involved.

However, I'll reserve that kind of judgement till more is known.

The fact that it's the same people involved and one of them is already on a "leave of absence" may not be 100 percent proof, but it's pretty damn close.

GEM
11-27-2010, 11:32 AM
I can guarantee that the 49ers was just the one where it got figured out. Who knows how long it has been going on....here's a HUGE difference....Mc****face....Belicheat at least WON. Douchenozzle.

SO freaking embarrassing. Boycott the little Napoleon until his ass is as far away from Denver as humanly possible.

I love the Orange petition, but more than anything, we need to do what we can to what we can to get that little puke out of Dove Valley.

Just the thought of losing our first rounder is physically making me ill. At least there was something to look forward to at the end of this God awful season...top 10 pick and now that will be gone.

spikerman
11-27-2010, 11:33 AM
I certainly hope that more than just McD and this videographer were involved. I would hate to think the Broncos weren't cheating as a TEAM!

You see what I did there? :D

Northman
11-27-2010, 11:34 AM
I can guarantee that the 49ers was just the one where it got figured out. Who knows how long it has been going on....here's a HUGE difference....Mc****face....Belicheat at least WON. Douchenozzle.

SO freaking embarrassing. Boycott the little Napoleon until his ass is as far away from Denver as humanly possible.

I love the Orange petition, but more than anything, we need to do what we can to what we can to get that little puke out of Dove Valley.

Just the thought of losing our first rounder is physically making me ill. At least there was something to look forward to at the end of this God awful season...top 10 pick and now that will be gone.

You really need to calm down. We cant have that kind of attitude on here little lady.

GEM
11-27-2010, 11:34 AM
That is language unbecoming of a Broncosforums moderator. And I agree!:cheers:

Yes it is, I am pissed. I apologize for the language. GRR!!!

spikerman
11-27-2010, 11:35 AM

Agreed. I forget who first brought up the idea, but I'm really liking the "wearing paper bags to Invesco" idea.

Northman
11-27-2010, 11:36 AM
Maybe Haley knew something after all.

atwater27
11-27-2010, 11:39 AM

LMAO... Haley was pointing that finger, saying I got you mother******. Wait til the press gets ahold of a little dirt I got on ya.

KCL
11-27-2010, 11:42 AM

LMAO...I was getting ready to post something like this!!!!

spikerman
11-27-2010, 11:43 AM

You be quiet! :)

Nomad
11-27-2010, 11:44 AM
Agreed. If proven true, there will be NO justification for bringing McDaniels back and he will be lucky to even get another NFL job at any level.

This shouldn't even be a rumor!! No tolerence for this kind of BS! I understand ALL coaches try to get the advantage and I can give the guy his due and try to prove himself perhaps another year, but this kind of nonsense doesn't need to be in the same breath as the BRONCOS. I hope it's rumors but if they are true, Bowlen shouldn't hesitate to run him out!

KCL
11-27-2010, 11:44 AM
LMAO... Haley was pointing that finger, saying I got you mother******. Wait til the press gets ahold of a little dirt I got on ya.

It was said that Haley said something like...there is shit being said about you..from what I understand anyway...anyone have an exact quote?

Northman
11-27-2010, 11:45 AM

It would seem strange that all of a sudden our offense found the endzone as much as it did. But then again, you would think we would be undefeated at this point so he's not quite as good as BB at this but he is young so he has time to perfect it yet. :lol:

KCL
You be quiet! :)

Nope...can't do that..:lol:

spikerman
Honestly at this point I kind of hope it's true so some real housecleaning can begin. It's going to take a couple of years to wash the stink off of this franchise.

KCL
11-27-2010, 11:47 AM
It would seem strange that all of a sudden our offense found the endzone as much as it did. But then again, you would think we would be undefeated at this point so he's not quite as good as BB at this but he is young so he has time to perfect it yet. :lol:

Where? Denver? :laugh:

Ravage!!!
11-27-2010, 11:47 AM

I just had to quote this, because I love it when GEM gets all riled up!

Nomad
11-27-2010, 11:50 AM
Christmas has come early for Clay!:lol:

Northman
11-27-2010, 11:50 AM
Honestly at this point I kind of hope it's true so some real housecleaning can begin. It's going to take a couple of years to wash the stink off of this franchise.

Indeed,

Its just time to get this tall glass of EPIC FAIL over with and REALLY rebuild.

Northman
11-27-2010, 11:52 AM
[/U]

Where? Denver? :laugh:

God i hope not.

KCL
Christmas has come early for Clay!:lol:

JR and rc...what will they say now? ;)

Northman
I just had to quote this, because I love it when GEM gets all riled up!

Oh, Gemmy is HOT!!! when she is fired up. Im getting all wiggly in my pants. :lol:

Northman
11-27-2010, 11:53 AM

Its Shanahan's fault.

KCL
11-27-2010, 11:53 AM
Oh, Gemmy is HOT!!! when she is fired up. Im getting all wiggly in my pants. :lol:

And you can thank McD for that...:lol:

Northman
11-27-2010, 11:54 AM
[/U]

And you can thank McD for that...:lol:

*Shudders*

Tned
Yes it is, I am pissed. I apologize for the language. GRR!!!

I just have to say that your mini-meltdown brought a smile to my face.

Damn, stayed up late, slept in, first saw the article on twitter than came here to check out reactions.

Hopefully, it will turn out not to be true. I would hate to have another first rounder pissed away (A. Smith).

I know the fire McDaniels movement is revving up, but I'm still not on that bandwagon yet. If this is true, then maybe, but in terms of his rebuild, once we rode the horse this far into the bowels of hell, I think we need to see what we look like on the other side.

jhildebrand
When does it become enough for Bowlen? :confused:

If this incident is proven to be true, then I think Joe Ellis needs to be replaced as well. This team is built in his vision and ultimately everything is under purview.

Finally, at what point is McDaniels and this entire staff and FO indefensible? :confused:

jhildebrand

Something about "Mikey." :lol:

Northman
11-27-2010, 11:55 AM
but in terms of his rebuild, once we rode the horse this far into the bowels of hell, I think we need to see what we look like on the other side.

No way, if he is cheating i dont care he needs to be gone. And considering where he comes from i dont think its just speculation.

Nomad
11-27-2010, 11:57 AM

I will say that I hope for the BRONCOS reputation this isn't true!! But it's hard to defend when he was on a team that was guilty of it before!! I'm torn!!

TXBRONC
11-27-2010, 11:58 AM

Much ado about nothing.

Ravage!!!
11-27-2010, 11:59 AM

They will say something about Shanahan cheating, and spin it to how the fans are coming down on poor McD, but Shanahan was forgiven.... then rc will use his standard " :rolleyes: "

Ravage!!!
11-27-2010, 12:00 PM
Much ado about nothing.

Damnit..... BINGO!!! :beer: How come I didn't think of that? :mad:

Northman
11-27-2010, 12:00 PM
This is just sad. I know we are kind of having fun with it because the season is toast and things are looking bleak but man really this is just depressing. We have sunk so low as a franchise. This guy has not lived up to ANY of the promise that he was supposed to have coming in. Players are still getting into trouble (DJ) and now the cheating scandel is rearing its ugly head again, the team is still playing the exact way it was when Shanahan was here only we are losing more games than winning. This is just disgusting and im so disappointed in all of them from Bowlen on down.

ChampWJ
11-27-2010, 12:01 PM
This is unbelievable! Yet another controversy from McDaniels. You would think if the Broncos were taping teams they might win some games though.

Northman
11-27-2010, 12:02 PM
They will say something about Shanahan cheating, and spin it to how the fans are coming down on poor McD, but Shanahan was forgiven.... then rc will use his standard " :rolleyes: "

Nah, this is my favorite from him. :coffee:

:lol:

Mike
11-27-2010, 12:03 PM
Not only are we currently a joke in the league, but now it appears we can't even cheat right. If this is true, then there is absolutely no reason to keep McD.

And how the hell are you bringing in anyone involved with the Pats video department?

KCL
11-27-2010, 12:03 PM
This is just sad. I know we are kind of having fun with it because the season is toast and things are looking bleak but man really this is just depressing. We have sunk so low as a franchise. This guy has not lived up to ANY of the promise that he was supposed to have coming in. Players are still getting into trouble (DJ) and now the cheating scandel is rearing its ugly head again, the team is still playing the exact way it was when Shanahan was here only we are losing more games than winning. This is just disgusting and im so disappointed in all of them from Bowlen on down.

Stop it....the soft side of me is feeling bad for you all...well almost...:D

Ravage!!!
11-27-2010, 12:04 PM

well said. I find myself not "upset" because its almost become laughable now. Not only are we one of the very worst teams in the NFL, but now we are in the headlines for cheatng.. and cheating JUST LIKE the team our HC came from? I mean, really? He couldn't be more original?? :tsk:

I've been texting my family...all are Chief fans... and just pulling my hair out because it hurts to see your team fall so low.

Northman
11-27-2010, 12:05 PM
Stop it....the soft side of me is feeling bad for you all...well almost...:D

Thats because you are one of kind. Your brethren are probably throwing a victory dance as we speak.

Nomad

it's a definite black eye on the BRONCOS and regardless if true or not, will always stick with them! :tsk:

MileHighCrew
So I log on to see what is going on in Broncos land and I get punched in the groin. I hope tomorrow the home fans let that SOB know what they think of him.

Northman
11-27-2010, 12:06 PM
it's a definite black eye on the BRONCOS and regardless if true or not, will always stick with them! :tsk:

Of course. Ive been with them for over 20 years and will remain that way. But any chance of my supporting this guy has gone out the window now.

Nomad
11-27-2010, 12:07 PM
So I log on to see what is going on in Broncos land and I get punched in the groin. I hope tomorrow the home fans let that SOB know what they think of him.

yeah, i thought it would be a typical college football day!

TXBRONC
11-27-2010, 12:08 PM
Not only are we currently a joke in the league, but now it appears we can't even cheat right. If this is true, then there is absolutely no reason to keep McD.

And how the hell are you bringing in anyone involved with the Pats video department?

As Archie Bunker once said to Edith, "You don't cheat to win you cheat to lose!"

Mike
11-27-2010, 12:09 PM
All I want for Christmas is a new head coach.

Tned
11-27-2010, 12:10 PM
No way, if he is cheating i dont care he needs to be gone. And considering where he comes from i dont think its just speculation.

I agree. If he's cheating, I think a change has to be made. I was saying short of that, I'm still not on the ever more popular fire McDaniels bandwagon yet.

MileHighCrew
11-27-2010, 12:12 PM

If there was ever a comment I wanted to double high 5 this was it

Ravage!!!
11-27-2010, 12:13 PM
I agree. If he's cheating, I think a change has to be made. I was saying short of that, I'm still not on the ever more popular fire McDaniels bandwagon yet.

I used to stand back, and let Clay lead that wagon. Now, honestly, I don't think clay is pulling his weight enough and I'm looking to grab the reigns and be the front runner.

So... don't be surprised if I keep trying to come up to you and pin a campaign button on your lapel or put a bumper sticker on your back.

jhildebrand

And front office and GM. Santa and his elves can take care of that...right?

TXBRONC
If there was ever a comment I wanted to double high 5 this was it

If you give a MHS first you can then give a regular Hi5.

KCL
11-27-2010, 12:15 PM
Thats because you are one of kind. Your brethren are probably throwing a victory dance as we speak.

That Indian Rain dance is working.

Ravage!!!
although... GEM seems to be a pretty good front-runner...and we ALL do like her front much more than mine.

frauschieze
I don't want to jump to conclusions. I'm more than willing to wait to crucify this entire regime if they have been cheating.

But it makes me sick to my stomach when I realize it doesn't matter if we're "found guilty" or not. We'll be tried in the court of public opinion and the smudges on the face of our once proud franchise won't go away any time soon.

nevcraw
Haley said -- people are talking about you.. and I thought it seemed like more than just keeping the starters out.. well now we know..

Time to clean house.. get rid of the garbage before it can't be repared.

Bowlen's got to be reeling.

Krugan
11-27-2010, 12:17 PM
Cheer ravage!

Anyway, wow.

Boise loses last night and I log in to see the other Broncos falling apart more.

Man, wtf is wrong with Dove Valley...

Sigh, I would love to see the entire fan base just not show up tomorrow.

empty invesco, that sends a message

jhildebrand
11-27-2010, 12:18 PM
I learned a long time ago that when a person, especially in business, talks about one thing incessantly or insists on telling you they are something i.e. a good business person they usually aren't and whatever they are saying is to cover that deficiency.

Now McDaniels has preached high character and integrity since day one! I called him out several times for being a bold faced liar-to which the McD Army came to his rescue. There have been other incidents but each has grown progressively worse and more eggregious! Where is McDaniels character and integrity?

KCL
11-27-2010, 12:18 PM
Nah, this is my favorite from him. :coffee:

oops...guess I shouldn't have mentioned them two...rc doesn't like me as it is...

FTR-JR and rc...I was joking...didn't expect anyone to respond to that post..:lol:

Nomad
11-27-2010, 12:19 PM
You're the second person to refer to Haley......maybe Pioli gave him some tips or perhaps one guilty team blaming another!;) The Belicheat tree is growing wild!!

chazoe60
11-27-2010, 12:19 PM
I'm with GEM, **** that douchenozzle right in his **** hole.

Ravage!!!
11-27-2010, 12:20 PM
I don't want to jump to conclusions. I'm more than willing to wait to crucify this entire regime if they have been cheating.

But it makes me sick to my stomach when I realize it doesn't matter if we're "found guilty" or not. We'll be tried in the court of public opinion and the smudges on the face of our once proud franchise won't go away any time soon.

If it was a coach that didn't have ties to Belicheck, and wasn't the guy that has tried everything in his power to duplicate belicheck... then it might just pass. Considering that McD has tried to be a clone, we will ALWAYS be tied to doing teh exact same thing as Billy, because the honest truth is that we most probably did the EXACT same things as Billy.

I guess now, when I look back, I'm glad the commish did what he could to give Belicheck a slap on the wrist instead of real punishment. At least we have that precedent going for us.

Nomad
oops...guess I shouldn't have mentioned them two...rc doesn't like me as it is...

FTR-JR and rc...I was joking...didn't expect anyone to respond to that post..:lol:

:tsk::D

jhildebrand

I wish I could remain as level headed and calm as you, Frau. As you stated the court of public opinion will be enough. I also think the videographer being on leave is enough. Personally, I don't foresee a scenario where the organization escapes this unscathed.

Northman

All in good fun.

TXBRONC
11-27-2010, 12:21 PM

What do you will be judged? That sound you just heard was the judges gavel smacking the bench.

Tned
You know, I have been waiting a couple years for the fans to finally reunite with a common goal/mindset. I thought that common goal was the orange jersey movement, but based on this thread, it might very well be the fire McDaniels movement.

Color me surprised.

MileHighCrew
The Florida Tuskers are winning 7-0 in the first 1/4 of the UFL Championshp game... Hey Josh now you know who the champs are in the league where you will be a QB coach next year.....

KCL
11-27-2010, 12:22 PM
Haley said -- people are talking about you.. and I thought it seemed like more than just keeping the starters out.. well now we know..

I posted this earlier..all joking aside..maybe Haley DID know something.

TXBRONC
11-27-2010, 12:24 PM

It wouldn't surprise me in the least.

KCL
11-27-2010, 12:25 PM
All in good fun.

yep..that's why I posted it.

Nomad
11-27-2010, 12:26 PM
You know, I have been waiting a couple years for the fans to finally reunite with a common goal/mindset. I thought that common goal was the orange jersey movement, but based on this thread, it might very well be the fire McDaniels movement.

Color me surprised.

if he is guilty of cheating...definitely!

nevcraw
11-27-2010, 12:28 PM

clearly.

Krugan
11-27-2010, 12:30 PM
i cant even be angry, sorry my first post just didnt get out my feelings.

This has been a real adventure from day one with this "coach". The moves have been made, the mistakes pile up, and the results speak volumes.

Mostly I just want to know who approved of the hiring of a guy who had been involved in a huge fack up not so long ago? didnt an eyebrow get raised from the people in charge here, even why was this hire wanted?

Man im just at a total loss, I feel horrible and beat down. Never thought I would feel so shitty over something so trivial as a pro sport.

dont get me wrong, ive 30 years invested into this team, and by invested I truely feel I am, I cant count the dollars ive spent on tickets, traveling to Denver to use those tickets, jerseys, coats, you name it.

Im not sure when ill be able to start investing into this team again, im just beyond the desire to support something that has fallen so far.

Go ahead and point the overreact finger, I dont care. This is my opinion and my continuing to develop disdain.

elsid13
11-27-2010, 12:32 PM
Well it now give me more excuses to drink on Sunday....

Northman
11-27-2010, 12:32 PM
Mostly I just want to know who approved of the hiring of a guy who had been involved in a huge fack up not so long ago?

His name is Joe Ellis.

Tned
11-27-2010, 12:36 PM
Story is fully breaking now. Rich Eisen tweet to follow:

RT @BroncosForums: RT @JasonLaCanfora: Broncos fined $50K and Josh McDaniels fined $50K for illegally taping a practice. Team reported the violation to the NFL

Tned
11-27-2010, 12:36 PM
Correction Lacanfora

RT @JasonLaCanfora: Team video director Steve Scarnecchia took the video and presented it that day to head coach Josh McDaniels, who declined to view it ...

RT @JasonLaCanfora: However, as a result of failing to report the incident as required by league policy, McDaniels has been fined $50,000 by Commissioner

Northman
11-27-2010, 12:38 PM

RT @BroncosForums: RT @JasonLaCanfora: Broncos fined $50K and Josh McDaniels fined $50K for illegally taping a practice. Team reported the violation to the NFL

And thats just the one for him getting caught and we still lost. :lol:

frauschieze

Welp, there goes my level headedness.

Wonder who on the team reported the violation.

Tned
More, video guy is out

RT @JasonLaCanfora: Broncos terminated Scarnecchia's position for cause. *Hearing will determine whether Scarnecchia, a repeat offender, will be barred from NFL

Nomad
11-27-2010, 12:39 PM

WOW! So it is true! What a pickle Bowlen has himself in!!

MileHighCrew
11-27-2010, 12:39 PM
which is saying I'm covering my a** and letting the other guy take the blame. I'll kick him a few bucks on the side for his troubles.

Tned
11-27-2010, 12:40 PM
con't

RT @JasonLaCanfora: The investigation found that Broncos executives became aware of the apparent improper videotaping Nov 8 following their return from London.

Nomad
11-27-2010, 12:41 PM
Same as SlickWilly taking a drag but not inhaling!!:lol:

Northman
11-27-2010, 12:41 PM
which is saying I'm covering my a** and letting the other guy take the blame. I'll kick him a few bucks on the side for his troubles.

Come on dude, its not like McD has ever lied to us before.......

Tned
11-27-2010, 12:42 PM
con't

RT @JasonLaCanfora: *After conducting an internal review, team executives contacted the NFL office on Nov 12 and requested a meeting with NFL. Owner Pat Bowlen

RT @JasonLaCanfora: Was among those who met with the league Nov. 16. NFL Security's probe included use of forensic evidence on a laptop and 2 days of interviews

frauschieze
Correction Lacanfora

Mother ******.

Guess rules just aren't for you, McD? Protecting your nepotistic hires?

KCL
More, video guy is out

Might be barred from the NFL..WOW! You know how many people would love to have that job and this guy threw it all away.

Northman
11-27-2010, 12:44 PM
I would be the video guy but McD would get pissy because i would be doing to many upskirt shots.

KCL
Same as SlickWilly taking a drag but not inhaling!!:lol:

I was thinking more like Watergate and Nixon keeping quiet.

Nomad
Might be barred from the NFL..WOW! You know how many people would love to have that job and this guy threw it all away.

My apologies to Haley, he had every right to snub McD because he knew, KCL!!!

MileHighCrew
11-27-2010, 12:45 PM

I've been doing professional video and photo for 15 years, I would quit everything for that job

Nomad
11-27-2010, 12:46 PM
I was thinking more like Watergate and Nixon keeping quiet.

I was in diapers back then!:tongue:

Tned
11-27-2010, 12:46 PM
Con't

RT @JasonLaCanfora: McDaniels was fined for not immediately notifying ownership of the existence of the tape. NFL Security has retained the tape

Gimpygod
11-27-2010, 12:47 PM
I just have to say that your mini-meltdown brought a smile to my face.

Damn, stayed up late, slept in, first saw the article on twitter than came here to check out reactions.

Hopefully, it will turn out not to be true. I would hate to have another first rounder pissed away (A. Smith).

I know the fire McDaniels movement is revving up, but I'm still not on that bandwagon yet. If this is true, then maybe, but in terms of his rebuild, once we rode the horse this far into the bowels of hell, I think we need to see what we look like on the other side.

after a ride through bowels one can only come out a piece of crap:shocked:

Krugan
I've been doing professional video and photo for 15 years, I would quit everything for that job

Apply!

couldnt hurt:)

MileHighCrew
Con't

He should be fired for not telling about the tape. Hi morals my A**

KCL
My apologies to Haley, he had every right to snub McD because he knew, KCL!!!

who knows what Haley meant by saying "People are talking about you"...I believe that's what he told McD...Well Pioli came from NE also...uh oh...:lol:

Northman
The guy just needs to go. He's put a black mark on this team and not lived up to expectations. Time to start over.

BroncoWave
11-27-2010, 12:48 PM
Just posted by Lindsay Jones:

"McDaniels and the team each fined $50K for taping incident. Employee who recorded the walk thru has been fired."

Guess it was true. At least we don't lose a pick.

Buff
11-27-2010, 12:48 PM
I wonder if this is the same video guy who was responsible for making sure the instant replay was functional against the Chiefs.

KCL
11-27-2010, 12:49 PM
I was in diapers back then!:tongue:

I wasn't but I was a youngin..well I still am...:D

Denver Native (Carol)
11-27-2010, 12:50 PM
http://twitter.com/postbroncos

McDaniels and the team each fined $50K for taping incident. Employee who recorded the walk thru has been fired.

Ravage!!!
11-27-2010, 12:51 PM
I like how the employee was fired, as if he was doing anything different than what he was told to do.

nevcraw
11-27-2010, 12:52 PM
what a crappy period in the Broncos history.. get rid of the trash Bowlen.. Do it now.

Northman
I like how the employee was fired, as if he was doing anything different than what he was told to do.

Cant say he was told to do it but the fact that it wasnt reported (when McD knows quit well the history of this type of violation at NE) speaks of trying to cover it up and he deserves to be dismissed.

KCL
I bet McD gets the boot after the season...just a hunch...I bet Bowlen is disgusted as hell.

Nomad
11-27-2010, 12:53 PM

I'll have to agree there Rav!! I don't believe mcdaniels didn't llok at the tape and I don't believe the employee acted on his own! Sad day for the BRONCOS, this makes the Raiders game not so bad!!:tsk:

elsid13
11-27-2010, 12:53 PM
some how I don't think this was done in vacuum

BroncoWave
11-27-2010, 12:54 PM
According to Jason LaCanfora, McDaniels refused to view the tape:

"Team video director Steve Scarnecchia took the video and presented it that day to head coach Josh McDaniels, who declined to view it ..."

www.twitter.com/jasonlacanfora

Tned
11-27-2010, 12:54 PM
Just posted by Lindsay Jones:

"McDaniels and the team each fined $50K for taping incident. Employee who recorded the walk thru has been fired."

Guess it was true. At least we don't lose a pick.

Not yet:

RT @JasonLaCanfora: Commissioner also informs Broncos if any other evidence comes to light NFL will re-open probe and could be further sanctions

spikerman
11-27-2010, 12:55 PM
The report that "McDaniels refused to view the tape" is what will save his job. Unfortunately, I don't believe that for a second. I also don't believe the guy taped it without some order from above, especially considering the past.

nevcraw
http://twitter.com/postbroncos

McDaniels and the team each fined $50K for taping incident. Employee who recorded the walk thru has been fired.

Cuz he needs the tape? what a joke.. I'm sure he was just practising his video skills..

Nomad
what a crappy period in the Broncos history.. get rid of the trash Bowlen.. Do it now.

Bowlen needs to overhaul the whole FO......He's locked in his office with a big bottle of scotch!

MileHighCrew
11-27-2010, 12:56 PM
Apply!

couldnt hurt:)

I'll apply, but I need an American to help me with a work visa or green card. Any volunteers.

turftoad
11-27-2010, 12:56 PM
I guess offensive X's and O's aren't the only thing McD learned from Bellichick. :tsk:

McD must go now!!

silkamilkamonico
11-27-2010, 12:57 PM
Can we just move this sorry embarrassing franchise to LA and start over please ala Cleveland-Baltimore style?

MileHighCrew
11-27-2010, 12:57 PM
Bowlen needs to overhaul the whole FO......He's locked in his office with a big bottle of scotch!

Pat is from Edmonton, it is Crown Royal

MileHighCrew
11-27-2010, 12:59 PM
Can we just move this sorry embarrassing franchise to LA and start over please ala Cleveland-Baltimore style?

Because that worked out for them. Baltimore won a championship, Cleveland had Tim Couch

PAINTERDAVE
11-27-2010, 12:59 PM

So RC has an opinion. He supports the coach and orton.
So what?
These developments are upsetting to us all.

What is your deal... that you need to take this horrible development and spin it into an opportunity
to slam another poster who is not even in this thread?
You put words in other posters mouths before they even get a chance to come on and weigh in?

What The Heck is that about?

I dislike MCD at this point... but that opinion has evolved...
and seems to be ever evolving.
I dont think Orton is the future any longer.... but it took getting here to decide for reals.

We all have a right to interpret these developments for ourselves.
The free wheeling give and take of ideas allows for vibrant discussion
with other fans who may see things differently... and thus add dimension to the discussion.

What gives with you making such a personal attack on another poster...
( poster who has yet to even weigh in on the topic?)
instead of just discussing the development and commenting on what others in the thread are saying?

Attempting to blow out the flame of RC's candle will not make your's burn brighter in the darkness.

The opposite is true.

You diminish yourself with your own pettiness.

Not a slam on you as a person... just an assesment of your behaviour today.

silkamilkamonico
11-27-2010, 01:00 PM
Because that worked out for them. Baltimore won a championship, Cleveland had Tim Couch

At least we would remove this tainted franchise with a terrible owner who cheated in the years he won the SuperBowl too.

Northman
11-27-2010, 01:01 PM
So RC has an opinion. He supports the coach and orton.
So what?
These developments are upsetting to us all.

What is your deal... that you need to take this horrible development and spin it into an opportunity t
o slam another poster who is not even in this thread?
You put words in other posters mouths before they even get a chance to come on and weigh in?

What The Heck is that about?

I dislike MCD at this point... but that opinion has evolved...
and seems to be ever evolving.
I dont think Orton is the future any longer.... but it took getting here to decide for reals.

We all have a right to interpret these developments for ourselves.
The free wheeling give and take of ideas allows for vibrant discussion
with other fans who may see things differently... and thus add dimension to the discussion.

What gives with you making such a personal attack on another poster...
( poster who has yet to even weigh in on the topic?)
instead of just discussing the development and commenting on what others in the thread are saying?

Attempting to blow out the flame of RC's candle will not make your's burn brighter in the darkness.

The opposite is true.

You diminish yourself with your own pettiness.

Not a slam on you as a person... just an assesment of your behaviour today.

You should of just reported it instead of making it about Ravage. Food for thought.

Nomad
11-27-2010, 01:03 PM
Pat is from Edmonton, it is Crown Royal

God I haven't had Crown in a long time perhaps this is a good time to revisit!:D

I've been supporting and defending McDaniels (though getting frustrated at times ), but I don't believe him and he has lost my support! Bowlen won't do anything, so he's a lost case as well! I feel bad for the players who wear the BRONCOS uniform and they have my full support and I hope they kick the Rams ass!!

PAINTERDAVE
11-27-2010, 01:04 PM

"Team video director Steve Scarnecchia took the video and presented it that day to head coach Josh McDaniels, who declined to view it ..."

A small light at the end of this horrid tunnel.

PAINTERDAVE
11-27-2010, 01:05 PM
You should of just reported it instead of making it about Ravage. Food for thought.

Sorry.
It should have been about anyone involved in gleefully attacking posters who were not even in the discussion..
and putting words in their mouths..

sorry to single out one person..

MileHighCrew
11-27-2010, 01:05 PM
At least we would remove this tainted franchise with a terrible owner who cheated in the years he won the SuperBowl too.

I happen to love this tainted franchise, I'm just not a fan of the current coach. The "cheating" in the super bowl years is a different topic. Either way I wouldn't want Denver to have the Browns recent history

silkamilkamonico
11-27-2010, 01:07 PM
I happen to love this tainted franchise, I'm just not a fan of the current coach. The "cheating" in the super bowl years is a different topic. Either way I wouldn't want Denver to have the Browns recent history

I haven't been a fan of this embarrassing franchise since John Elway retired.

1 playoff win coming up on 12 years. Absolutely pathetic.

dogfish
11-27-2010, 01:10 PM
wow, just unbelievable. . . this has become a complete farce. . .

how much more mud does the clown get to drag our franchise through before he gets the shoe?

:noidea:

The report that "McDaniels refused to view the tape" is what will save his job. Unfortunately, I don't believe that for a second. I also don't believe the guy taped it without some order from above, especially considering the past.

insultingly flimsy excuse, and he absolutely should NOT be rewarded for it. . . there's zero justification for ever hiring someone from the new england video staff in the first place. . .

Northman
11-27-2010, 01:11 PM

Indeed. Different topic and different circumstances. While Denver may have cheated the salary cap it was still up to the players to perform on the field. There was no secret video footage to try and gain an advantage.

MileHighCrew
11-27-2010, 01:11 PM
I haven't been a fan of this embarrassing franchise since John Elway retired.

1 playoff win coming up on 12 years. Absolutely pathetic.

Your not a Broncos fan, there is nothing left to say

Northman
11-27-2010, 01:13 PM
insultingly flimsy excuse, and he absolutely should NOT be rewarded for it. . . there's zero justification for ever hiring someone from the new england video staff in the first place. . .

Agreed.

Its not like he isnt aware of the history of that kind of thing. If i had an employee who was out of line after seeing it first hand from my prior job i think i would make the a PRIORITY to get rid of said employee and report it as soon as possible. He deserves to be fired.

silkamilkamonico
11-27-2010, 01:14 PM
Your not a Broncos fan, there is nothing left to say

I'm a proud Denver fan. But I also admire honorable employment with integrity, which this organization now has 2 black eyes in the past 15 years.

Why can't Bowlen do us all a favor and sell the franchise?

BroncoWave
11-27-2010, 01:15 PM
Full text of Bowlen and McDaniels' statements:

Bowlen:

“I received notice today that the National Football League has completed its investigation of an incident involving our club’s violation of the League’s Integrity of the Game Policy, specifically a videotaping of a portion of the San Francisco 49ers’ “walkthrough” practice on Saturday, Oct. 30, 2010, at Wembley Stadium in London. Upon learning of this incident, the Denver Broncos promptly began an investigation into this matter and reported this violation to the League office, which then started its investigation. The Denver Broncos fully cooperated with every aspect of the League investigation.”

“The Denver Broncos and I, as the Owner, believe in the integrity of the National Football League and fair competition and do not, in any way, condone this type of behavior. The fact that an employee of the Denver Broncos would take such action is personally disappointing to me. I apologize to all affected by this incident. This employee is no longer with the organization.

“This incident cuts into the trust and respect our fans, our ticket holders, our community and our fellow competitors have for our organization. That is why the Denver Broncos, upon learning of this violation, immediately investigated this matter and reported the incident to the League.

“The Denver Broncos and I accept the discipline imposed by the NFL. We will take all steps to ensure that an incident like this never occurs again. We will always strive to uphold the integrity of our organization and the National Football League.”

McDaniels:

“I apologize for not promptly reporting the improper conduct of our video director before our game against the 49ers in London. The actions of this individual are in no way representative of the values and integrity held by myself, our players and coaches, and the entire Denver Broncos organization.”

“I understand the punishment from the National Football League and support its commitment to the integrity of the game. We have addressed the situation internally to assure that nothing like this happens again.”

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/11/27/full-text-of-bowlen-mcdaniels-statements-on-taping-incident/5965/

PAINTERDAVE
11-27-2010, 01:16 PM
I'm a proud Denver fan. But I also admire honorable employment with integrity, which this organization now has 2 black eyes in the past 15 years.

Why can't Bowlen do us all a favor and sell the franchise?

John Elway recently lost MILLIONS in a scam/ponzi scheme...
he was a victim.

That makes it tough for John to pony up the dough to be able to step up to the plate.

Elway is about the only hope we had of another ownership stake...

scott.475
11-27-2010, 01:16 PM
GEM is pretty sexy when she is mad, and I don't like her new avatar :lol:. That being said...

This is unbelievable. If the story of Josh knowing about the tape, but not watching it or reporting it to the league is true, you have to ask yourself, what kind of judgment does the guy have since he has lived through this before, costing that team $$ and a first round pick? It truly boggles the mind. So he either has some of the worst judgment in the league for not reporting, since he knew what the potential damage to his team could be, or he didn't report it because he was involved and taking a calculated risk on his video guy. Really, no path you follow from this makes any sense, and they all taint our wonderful franchise.

I do wonder if this may well be the final straw, there is a bad taint on this team now and I don't think Bowlen wants that. I think we have long been viewed as one of the classier franchises.

Northman
11-27-2010, 01:19 PM
GEM is pretty sexy when she is mad, and I don't like her new avatar :lol:. That being said...

This is unbelievable. If the story of Josh knowing about the tape, but not watching it or reporting it to the league is true, you have to ask yourself, what kind of judgment does the guy have since he has lived through this before, costing that team $$ and a first round pick? It truly boggles the mind. So he either has some of the worst judgment in the league for not reporting, since he knew what the potential damage to his team could be, or he didn't report it because he was involved and taking a calculated risk on his video guy. Really, no path you follow from this makes any sense, and they all taint our wonderful franchise.

I do wonder if this may well be the final straw, there is a bad taint on this team now and I don't think Bowlen wants that. I think we have long been viewed as one of the classier franchises.

Josh knew about the tape so the idea of integrity, honesty, and character all go out the window.

Nomad
11-27-2010, 01:20 PM
So now what......do any of you really think Bowlen is going to do anything?? He's said his statement and will walk away to his corner chosing not to interact with his franchise.....this is my guess!!

silkamilkamonico
11-27-2010, 01:20 PM
So now what......do any of you really think Bowlen is going to do anything?? He's said his statement and will walk away to his corner chosing not to interact with his franchise.....this is my guess!!

More likely, he will wake up tomorrow and forget it ever happened.

Nomad
11-27-2010, 01:21 PM
Josh knew about the tape so the idea of integrity, honesty, and character all go out the window.

You know I have been giving McD the benefit of the doubt, but if anyone beleives Mcdaniels now, they are lying to themselves.

Northman
11-27-2010, 01:23 PM
Bowlen will probably wait until the end of the season to do anything. Firing McD at this point in the season with no one to take over is pretty pointless right now. But i hope (and i do mean HOPE) that Bowlen cuts this guy loose before he does more damage that cant be fixed.

Dreadnought
11-27-2010, 01:25 PM
Nauseating, but not all that surprising. I've had no faith in the guys honesty and integrity long before this. And yes, I have no doubt McDaniels was in this up to his eyeballs. His denials couldn't ring more false

Mike
11-27-2010, 01:27 PM
Bowlen will probably wait until the end of the season to do anything. Firing McD at this point in the season with no one to take over is pretty pointless right now. But i hope (and i do mean HOPE) that Bowlen cuts this guy loose before he does more damage that cant be fixed.

I agree. Good thing McD has surrounded himself with suck capable assistants that there isn't a single legitimate interim coach available.

I am at the point that I will not buy a single Bronco thing or go to any games until McD is gone.

Northman
11-27-2010, 01:30 PM
I agree. Good thing McD has surrounded himself with suck capable assistants that there isn't a single legitimate interim coach available.

I am at the point that I will not buy a single Bronco thing or go to any games until McD is gone.

Its such a catch 22 isnt it? For me getting Bronco gear is difficult unless i order it online and i support the players but if i do that it also shows im still supporting this HC which is not the case. Its unfortuante that for fans to scale back buying merch for their favorite players that it would signal support for this travesty of a HC and would only fill Bowlen's pockets more. Such a tough decision.

spikerman
11-27-2010, 01:30 PM
Unfortunately, I agree with Nomad. I don't think McDaniels goes anywhere. Bowlen still appears to love the guy.

Krugan
11-27-2010, 01:31 PM
I dont buy the "no interim coach available" BS.

Anyone of those guys could take over and do the same shiat MCd is right now.

You dont have to be good to continue losing.

If this were my franchise, I wouldnt bat a freaking eyelash at cutting bait.

Integrity can not be bought or sold. either you make the choice to cut the shiat or you lose face with the rest of the employement and your peers.

Utter horseshiat, pun intended.

MileHighCrew
11-27-2010, 01:33 PM
Give the job to Wink for the rest of the season. Fire Josh and his brother just because he looks like him and move on in the off season

Northman
11-27-2010, 01:36 PM
Actually, MR. INTEGRITY should do the right thing and resign.

Nomad
11-27-2010, 01:37 PM
actually, mr. Integrity should do the right thing and resign.

^^^^^^this!!!

spikerman
11-27-2010, 01:37 PM
Maybe we shouldn't hold it against them for wanting to watch a mother******* videotape.

Mike
11-27-2010, 01:38 PM
Its such a catch 22 isnt it? For me getting Bronco gear is difficult unless i order it online and i support the players but if i do that it also shows im still supporting this HC which is not the case. Its unfortuante that for fans to scale back buying merch for their favorite players that it would signal support for this travesty of a HC and would only fill Bowlen's pockets more. Such a tough decision.

Yeah. I still love my Broncos and love showing my support for them. But enough is enough. I was offered tickets multiple times to the KC game and again to this weekend's game. Turned them down. I am done with spending money to support this cluster****.

Dreadnought
11-27-2010, 01:44 PM
I'm not sure in good conscience I can root for them to even win ballgames now if that increases the odds of this POS keeping his job. Good Lord. Get this season over with

dogfish
11-27-2010, 01:45 PM

pretty much. . .

GEM
11-27-2010, 02:28 PM
More, video guy is out

Someone please tell me why you would hire a guy who already has a tarnished record? I mean that guy should be black balled in the industry. But no....our dear old MickeyD hires him. Good Lord. :tsk:

GEM
11-27-2010, 02:32 PM

So Bowlen....if it is reason to fire the camera guy, it's damn fine to fire the guy who gave orders to the camera guy. Let's see where your integrity lies.

GEM
11-27-2010, 02:34 PM

According to GEM,

"BULLSHIT"

www.mcdanielsisalyingsackofshit.com

jhildebrand
11-27-2010, 02:35 PM

That's the problem! This situation alone shows the propensity and distinct possibility of just how much more damage could be done keeping McDaniels in place through the remainder of the season. Any more serious of an offense and this team could be losing its #1 pick.

I would rather take the lead of Dallas and MN and be done with it. If Bowlen wanted to fire for cause it would be an easier case doing it now rather than waiting the season out.

GEM
11-27-2010, 02:41 PM
If we want to save that #1 pick....fire McDaniels now. Between the ownerships good relationship with the NFL and the immediate firing showing that the franchise does not back the coaches behavior, we would most likely be safe.

Fire him now.

Northman
11-27-2010, 02:41 PM
That's the problem! This situation alone shows the propensity and distinct possibility of just how much more damage could be done keeping McDaniels in place through the remainder of the season. Any more serious of an offense and this team could be losing its #1 pick.

I would rather take the lead of Dallas and MN and be done with it. If Bowlen wanted to fire for cause it would be an easier case doing it now rather than waiting the season out.

Indeed. There's no doubt that since Garrett took over that Dallas has played better football with a backup QB no less.

jhildebrand
11-27-2010, 02:48 PM
Bowlen:

“I received notice today that the National Football League has completed its investigation of an incident involving our club’s violation of the League’s Integrity of the Game Policy, specifically a videotaping of a portion of the San Francisco 49ers’ “walkthrough” practice on Saturday, Oct. 30, 2010, at Wembley Stadium in London. Upon learning of this incident, the Denver Broncos promptly began an investigation into this matter and reported this violation to the League office, which then started its investigation. The Denver Broncos fully cooperated with every aspect of the League investigation.”

“The Denver Broncos and I, as the Owner, believe in the integrity of the National Football League and fair competition and do not, in any way, condone this type of behavior. The fact that an employee of the Denver Broncos would take such action is personally disappointing to me. I apologize to all affected by this incident. This employee is no longer with the organization.

“This incident cuts into the trust and respect our fans, our ticket holders, our community and our fellow competitors have for our organization. That is why the Denver Broncos, upon learning of this violation, immediately investigated this matter and reported the incident to the League.

“The Denver Broncos and I accept the discipline imposed by the NFL. We will take all steps to ensure that an incident like this never occurs again. We will always strive to uphold the integrity of our organization and the National Football League.”

McDaniels:

“I apologize for not promptly reporting the improper conduct of our video director before our game against the 49ers in London. The actions of this individual are in no way representative of the values and integrity held by myself, our players and coaches, and the entire Denver Broncos organization.”

“I understand the punishment from the National Football League and support its commitment to the integrity of the game. We have addressed the situation internally to assure that nothing like this happens again.”

You hit the head on the nail, North! His comment smacks of another lie. He didn't turn the tape in immediately but we are to believe he didnt do anything with it? :confused: Sorry, McDaniels has been marked a liar for too long in my book and I see this as just another lie on the list of lies.

As for Bowlen, why the continued emphasis on being "the owner of this franchise?" :confused: As if we don't know he is owner :lol:

Furthermore, the more he says it the more his words will begin to ring hollow. After all we heard him roar like a lion and beat his chest when firing Shanahan and proclaiming he "runs the show." People took that seriously. Then the "Jay's the man around here" and that was hollow. Then these "owner" comments have only shown that he is willing to say something but not necessarily act on it!

jhildebrand
11-27-2010, 02:50 PM
Indeed. There's no doubt that since Garrett took over that Dallas has played better football with a backup QB no less.

I am a Denver fan through and through. With that said, I can say I would honestly not care one bit if this team lost every single one of their remaining games IF they fired McDaniels.

Shoot, if they did fire him I might be able to remove the lock and key on my wallet and debit card preventing me from supporting them financially in any way :lol:

At the end of the day, McDaniels continues to show that he is not only in over his head but that he is a HUGE LIABILITY to the overall health of this organization.

Northman
11-27-2010, 02:50 PM
If we want to save that #1 pick....fire McDaniels now. Between the ownerships good relationship with the NFL and the immediate firing showing that the franchise does not back the coaches behavior, we would most likely be safe.

Fire him now.

:salute:

Its all about INTEGRITY, HONESTY, and CHARACTER.

GEM
11-27-2010, 02:56 PM
It's killing me to type this....if McD is still around in April for the draft, I hope we do lose the #1....at least then we wouldn't be on the hook monetarily for years to come on another draft bust.

MileHighCrew
11-27-2010, 02:59 PM
he would probably take a RB with the first pick in the draft

spikerman
11-27-2010, 03:01 PM
he would probably take a RB with the first pick in the draft

A blocking TE would be my guess.

GEM
11-27-2010, 03:03 PM
:rolleyes: Anyone else listen to McD in the presser? What a load of utter SHIT.

Asked why he hired the camera guy after knowing his history...he said that as a team they didn't know the specific of TapeGate....that it was a league issue.....BULLSHIT!!!

His dishonesty and lack of integrity is maddening!

Tned
11-27-2010, 03:08 PM

Asked why he hired the camera guy after knowing his history...he said that as a team they didn't know the specific of TapeGate....that it was a league issue.....BULLSHIT!!!

According to Andrew Mason article, the video guy was working for the Jets during Spygate.

Tned
11-27-2010, 03:11 PM
According to Andrew Mason article, the video guy was working for the Jets during Spygate.

However, Mason just Tweeted that the league official on Ellis conference call said video guy WAS involved in Pats taping incident.

Tned
11-27-2010, 03:11 PM

RT @MaxBroncos: Joe Ellis: "This particular incident...does not sway Mr. Bowlen's feelings about Josh one way or the other."

GEM
11-27-2010, 03:12 PM

That doesn't work for me. His name was well known. Did it not come up in the interview with the guy for the head videotaping job? It just doesn't ring of any level of honesty.

They are talking about it on 104.3 and the camera guy is now up as a repeat offender. Why is Josh not being looked into for the same thing?

frauschieze
11-27-2010, 03:12 PM

:puke:

BroncoNut
11-27-2010, 03:13 PM
Exactly why I asked the question. There are people who believe that McDaniels isn't doing everything. This is yet another small bit of evidence that he is, provided it's not a normal head coaching duty on the NFL level. I don't want to make that assumption.

and I applaud you for your sensibility. You go girl!

GEM
11-27-2010, 03:13 PM

Just be honest there Ellis....It doesn't sway YOUR opinion one way or another.

You're just as big of an issue with McDaniels. Bullshit slides downhill.

And just to add....if Bronco fans start the boycott...it WILL sway the FO's opinion. So, I may be only one person, but if there are many with the same opinion as me, it becomes a movement. My movement is NO MORE. No more money out of my pocket. Since I don't have a say in what goes on at Dove Valley, I do have a say in what goes on in my home.

Northman
11-27-2010, 03:14 PM

So, Eric Mangini knew enough to blow the lid on the scandel but no one who was actually on the team knew about it?

Bwhahahahahaahahaha oh man, priceless.

TXBRONC
11-27-2010, 03:15 PM

So Mason is saying that this guy was spying for the Patriots while working for the Jets?

The guy was working for the Patriot from what I remember.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Tned
11-27-2010, 04:14 PM
So Mason is saying that this guy was spying for the Patriots while working for the Jets?

The guy was working for the Patriot from what I remember.

It was kind of cleared up. He was working for the Jets (I think), when the shit hit the fan with the Pats and they were fined, but the big fine was for multiple incidents dating from 2000-2007, and that guys was there for most of it.

spikerman
11-27-2010, 04:27 PM
It was kind of cleared up. He was working for the Jets (I think), when the shit hit the fan with the Pats and they were fined, but the big fine was for multiple incidents dating from 2000-2007, and that guys was there for most of it.

And it was the Jets that told on the Pats.

BroncoNut
11-27-2010, 04:31 PM
Just be honest there Ellis....It doesn't sway YOUR opinion one way or another.

You're just as big of an issue with McDaniels. Bullshit slides downhill.

And just to add....if Bronco fans start the boycott...it WILL sway the FO's opinion. So, I may be only one person, but if there are many with the same opinion as me, it becomes a movement. My movement is NO MORE. No more money out of my pocket. Since I don't have a say in what goes on at Dove Valley, I do have a say in what goes on in my home.

I will follow you, you revolutionary you

HORSEPOWER 56
11-27-2010, 06:29 PM
And it was the Jets that told on the Pats.

After Green Bay had already mentioned it to the league a few weeks earlier. Green Bay provided evidence and so did the Jets.

Frankly, it doesn't mean shit to me if McDaniels knew or not. He hired the guy and is therefore DIRECTLY responsible for everything he does in relation to his job. If I hired a Bus Driver with a known poor driving record and multiple DUIs to "help out a friend" as another poster's article hints at, then that driver gets hammered and crashes a bus full of kids, who's responsible? Of course the driver would get fired, but so would the person who hired him - me, especially with knowledge of his suspect background.

It's really pointless to even try to make a case for McDaniels on this one. He knew, and if he didn't, he wasn't paying attention and that's just as much a crime for someone in his supervisory position. The league's $50,000 slap on the wrist leads me to believe that they obviously found something punishable. He's brought shame on this organization and if this isn't the last straw for him, I'll have completely lost faith in Bowlen, too.

Every week I don't think I could be more embarrassed of what my Broncos have become. Every week I'm proven wrong.

TXBRONC
11-27-2010, 06:40 PM

Thanks for clearing that up Tned.

TXBRONC
11-27-2010, 06:45 PM
After Green Bay had already mentioned it to the league a few weeks earlier. Green Bay provided evidence and so did the Jets.

Frankly, it doesn't mean shit to me if McDaniels knew or not. He hired the guy and is therefore DIRECTLY responsible for everything he does in relation to his job. If I hired a Bus Driver with a known poor driving record and multiple DUIs to "help out a friend" as another poster's article hints at, then that driver gets hammered and crashes a bus full of kids, who's responsible? Of course the driver would get fired, but so would the person who hired him - me, especially with knowledge of his suspect background.

It's really pointless to even try to make a case for McDaniels on this one. He knew, and if he didn't, he wasn't paying attention and that's just as much a crime for someone in his supervisory position. The league's $50,000 slap on the wrist leads me to believe that they obviously found something punishable. He's brought shame on this organization and if this isn't the last straw for him, I'll have completely lost faith in Bowlen, too.

Every week I don't think I could be more embarrassed of what my Broncos have become. Every week I'm proven wrong.

That's been my point as well. McDaniels hired the guy so that makes him culpable.

BroncoNut
11-27-2010, 06:47 PM
I am more embarrassed today than I was when I shit my pants in the 10th grade

TXBRONC
11-27-2010, 07:55 PM
I am more embarrassed today than I was when I shit my pants in the 10th grade

I'm not so sure it was a good idea to come out of the closet about dropping a load in your pants while in the 10th grade. :lol:

Dreadnought
11-27-2010, 08:01 PM
I'm not so sure it was a good idea to come out of the closet about dropping a load in your pants while in the 10th grade. :lol:

Its Nut, though. I have always assumed he must have loaded his britches at some point in 10th grade, and I don't think less of him for it. He is lovable that way.

BroncoNut
11-27-2010, 08:02 PM

I like to shoot from the hip so to speak

TXBRONC
11-27-2010, 08:06 PM
I like to shoot from the hip so to speak

You were definitely not shooting from the hip on that particular day. :lol:

Dzone
Bill Williamson at espn says that this could give the team a way out of Mcdaniels contract...said we will be lucky if we dont lose a first round pick like NE did. Said we could be getting a top 5 pick but could lose it because of Mcdaniels...wow..of course it is speculation, but, this story isnt over by a long shot

BroncoNut
gp. I just like to be upfront. I think that's the best policy in the long run.

Dzone
11-27-2010, 08:07 PM
i'm not so sure it was a good idea to come out of the closet about dropping a load in your pants while in the 10th grade. :lol:
mobile post via mobile.broncosforums.com/forums
lmao...

BroncoNut
11-27-2010, 08:08 PM
I think that McDaniels should be fired and the Bowlen should be put to sleep

Joel
Well, it looks like we may have to drop the "Belicheat" moniker . . .-----
No, just the Belicheat protege. The Cheatriots taint lingers yet, not because of what happened, but because Belichick is still head coach. That sends the message that their organization accepts cheating. Of course, the only thing worse than the whole League knowing you don't mind cheating to win is the whole League knowing you don't mind cheating to lose. Kinda makes you wonder as much about that 6-0 start last year as we wonder about the three Pats SBs, eh...? ;)

In case it needs to be said, my "4/3/2 years minimum for a head coach/coordinator/position coach" rule doesn't apply to repeat cheats. Recheats, if you will. He takes full responsiblity for something he denies any responsibility for except concealment (Nixon resigned over that) and then tells us what already happened on his watch in NE will "never happen again". I assume that means he doesn't expect to get caught next time, but he always thinks he's smarter than the entire NFL.

I'm officially out of reasons Denver shouldn't fire him tomorrow.

TXBRONC
Its Nut, though. I have always assumed he must have loaded his britches at some point in 10th grade, and I don't think less of him for it. He is lovable that way.

That maybe true but I wouldn't get within 10 feet of him without hazmat suit. :shocked:

BroncoNut
11-27-2010, 08:10 PM
That maybe true but I wouldn't get within 10 feet of him without hazmat suit. :shocked:

dude. It was like in 10th grade. I'm like 44 now.

BroncoNut
11-27-2010, 08:12 PM
no, just the belicheat protege. The cheatriots taint lingers yet, not because of what happened, but because belichick is still head coach. That sends the message that their organization accepts cheating. of course, the only thing worse than the whole league knowing you don't mind cheating to win is the whole league knowing you don't mind cheating to lose. Kinda makes you wonder as much about that 6-0 start last year as we wonder about the three pats sbs, eh...? ;)

in case it needs to be said, my "4/3/2 years minimum for a head coach/coordinator/position coach" rule doesn't apply to repeat cheats. Recheats, if you will. He takes full responsiblity for something he denies any responsibility for except concealment (nixon resigned over that) and then tells us what already happened on his watch in ne will "never happen again". I assume that means he doesn't expect to get caught next time, but he always thinks he's smarter than the entire nfl.

I'm officially out of reasons denver shouldn't fire him tomorrow.

lmao!!

Dzone
11-27-2010, 08:14 PM
I will assume you tried to fart and instead shit your pants...that shit hap;pens:laugh:...they call it a shart, part shit part fart

TXBRONC
11-27-2010, 08:17 PM

You can't be to careful some people are repeat offenders. :lol: (J/K)

BroncoNut
11-27-2010, 08:19 PM
I will assume you tried to fart and instead shit your pants...that shit hap;pens:laugh:...they call it a shart, part shit part fart

nope, not at all. straight up soiled me britches

I'm just kidding btw. I like to post off the wall shit. It is therapeautic

topscribe
11-27-2010, 08:56 PM
nope, not at all. straight up soiled me britches

I'm just kidding btw. I like to post off the wall shit. It is therapeautic

Baloney. You can't shit up front. Something else happens there . ..

-----

NightTrainLayne
11-27-2010, 08:57 PM
However, Mason just Tweeted that the league official on Ellis conference call said video guy WAS involved in Pats taping incident.

Based on what I've read, "Spygate" included taping from 2000-2007 by the Patriots. Scarnecchio was with the Pats during part of that time-frame so he would have been a part of it during those earlier years, but not during the season they actually got caught.

This actually was very interesting to learn. It tells me that as regards the Patriots, this was definitely an organizational directive over several season's time and basically anyone working in their video dept during that time frame would have been involved in it.

That explains why the penalty was much harsher than what the Broncos have received so far.

Joel
11-27-2010, 09:00 PM

Remember, he also insists the idea of trading Cutler for Cassell AND the overall #1 pick was NOT his idea, he just answered phone calls suggesting it.

As a rule, when McDaniels speaks, all I hear is this:
http://www.angelfire.com/tv2/homerjs/fault.wav

Northman
11-27-2010, 09:01 PM
Bill Williamson at espn says that this could give the team a way out of Mcdaniels contract...said we will be lucky if we dont lose a first round pick like NE did. Said we could be getting a top 5 pick but could lose it because of Mcdaniels...wow..of course it is speculation, but, this story isnt over by a long shot

True. Although the fines have been handed down the media wont simply sweep it under the rug especially with the season not over yet. Every game from here on out will be scrutinized even more and if the fanbase continues to let him hear it i could see him getting canned which would be fantastic.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-27-2010, 09:12 PM
True. Although the fines have been handed down the media wont simply sweep it under the rug especially with the season not over yet. Every game from here on out will be scrutinized even more and if the fanbase continues to let him hear it i could see him getting canned which would be fantastic.

I wonder what it would actually take to finally get him fired? Let's see so far he has:

-Traded away or cut a few players with real talent because he couldn't get along with them

-Given multiple seasoned coaches and personnel folks on the staff their walking papers (oh wait, they had so much confidence in this HC they supposedly asked to leave... that's WORSE)

-Made some pretty bad decisions with draft picks and trades

-Lied to the media and the fans on NUMEROUS occasions, especially when confronted with direct questions that were indisputable fact and he played the "I was unaware" card.

-Has now been shown to be part of a cheating scandal and even if he wasn't behind it, attempted to cover it up until a whistle blower exposed him

......... and if all that wasn't enough............

-Took over an 8-8 football team and is directly responsible for it being 5-15 in its last 20 games.

Why does this guy still have a job at Dove Valley? Whose Dick did he suck to get the job? He must be able to suck a golf ball through a garden hose to still be sitting in that office.

Forget reasons to fire him, right now I can't think of a single reason, NOT ONE to retain him!

I Eat Staples
11-27-2010, 09:43 PM
It's a sad time for the Broncos when I read something like this and damn near laugh out loud. McDaniels is taking this whole "copy everything the Patriots do" to a whole new level.

BroncoNut
11-27-2010, 10:03 PM
I am just really disgusted

BroncoBJ
11-27-2010, 10:08 PM
Not sure why people act like its a big deal that we cheated or what not and still lost.

The week before we lost by 45 points.

Then we go and lose by 8 points.

We showed improvement by 37 points. I'll take it. :elefant:

TXBRONC
11-27-2010, 10:09 PM

I would bet most fans are disgusted at some level.

scott.475
11-28-2010, 12:34 AM
Think about how potentially bad this can be in-house: imagine YOU are the owner of a company and you hired some young, passionate and apparently able guy to run the show. Despite a promising start you have had some serious bumps along the way. You keep excusing them because you like the kid and he is a heck of a salesman, he at least talks a good game even though his performance doesn't match his rhetoric.

Now imagine, you are sitting in your office one day and some underling comes to you with proof another employee is cooking the books and skimming money. He says he went to the young guy you hired and told him about it, even showed him the proof, but the young guy took no action on it, which is why the underling is talking to you today. So, the guy you hired to run the show knew about internal theft and did nothing about it. Since you are a high profile company, everybody in the community now knows.
------------------------------------------------

I guess my point is that, internally, this may be much worse then we all know. EVEN IF there was absolute proof that Josh had no idea the filming was taking place and absolute proof he did not watch the tapes, he STILL failed to make the appropriate notifications of what happened even though he had been through the exact same thing before. Personally, if I was Pat or Joe, Josh would be afraid to walk down the street alone at night. I would be like "Josh, what the hell were you thinking, you have been through this before! How could you do this to us? Where is your judgment? I gave you the keys to this billion dollar company and this is what I get???" I really think this could be worse internally than we know because, no matter what, Josh covered it up and it took one of his underlings (apparently) to bring it to light...this is a matter of trust.

One thing I wonder, I have heard and read a lot of people talk about firing him for cause over this, which I understand. That being the case, firing him for rule violations, wouldn't he pretty much need to do that sooner rather than later? If he waits until the end of the year, couldn't Josh just say "Well, he wasn't so worried about it that he needed to fire me right away. How worried could he have been if he decided to keep me on another 6 weeks?" I can see keeping him on through Sunday since this all broke so soon before a game, but if he keeps him on until the end of the year I just wonder if the whole "for cause" reason gets mitigated?

Also, does anyone here believe that, over the last year and a half, this is the only time that jerk videographer did this on the Broncos' behalf, directed to or not? I absolutely don't believe it, I wonder how many other times he asked Josh if he wanted to review practice film of other teams. This could be very, very bad if another shoe drops.

sneakers
11-28-2010, 01:21 AM
What's going on?

sneakers
11-28-2010, 01:31 AM
http://images1.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/3906802/Step-1-Video-Tape-practice-Step-2-Step-3-VICTORY.jpg?imageSize=Large&generatorName=Josh-McDaniels

frauschieze
11-28-2010, 02:15 AM
Sneak - you come up with that one yourself? Nice work!

sneakers
11-28-2010, 02:40 AM
Sneak - you come up with that one yourself? Nice work!

Haha, you can make your own here: http://memegenerator.net/Josh-McDaniels

choose picture, and enter caption in.

Dzone
11-28-2010, 06:56 AM
Gawd I hope Mcdaniels doesnt show up sunday in a gray hoodie. I mean, come on dude, its time to nix the belichek look. what an idiot. Have you no clue?

Dzone
11-28-2010, 07:33 AM
Wow. Read this article. This story is growing like a gigantic mushroom cloud. It is looking more and more like Mcdaniels is done in Denver. Well, folks, love him or loathe him, he's gone.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/28301/49ers-rams-have-right-to-feel-cheated

Joel
11-28-2010, 08:01 AM
Wow. Read this article. This story is growing like a gigantic mushroom cloud. It is looking more and more like Mcdaniels is done in Denver. Well, folks, love him or loathe him, he's gone.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/28301/49ers-rams-have-right-to-feel-cheated
That, and what it does to Denvers reputation if we ignore it, about covers it for me. I can excuse incompetence a lot more easily than dishonesty, especially when it becomes a pattern. To paraphrase fraus sig (which I've heard attributed to Sammy Baugh, btw) it seems McDaniels has never lost, just run out of tape. As I said before, defending him on the grounds he just covered up the recheat performance doesn't vindicate him at all: Nixon resigned for the exact same reason, and McDaniels should do likewise.

BroncoNut
11-28-2010, 08:10 AM
I don't see what the big deal is. the 9ers won despite everything. It's like if you try to kill someone and they take the weapon from you and shove it up your ass. Are you guilty of murder? I don't think so. think about that for awhile. Peace out homos

elsid13
11-28-2010, 08:48 AM

Clay sent you pics again?

Joel
11-28-2010, 09:11 AM
I don't see what the big deal is. the 9ers won despite everything. It's like if you try to kill someone and they take the weapon from you and shove it up your ass. Are you guilty of murder? I don't think so. think about that for awhile. Peace out homos
Hope that answers your question, Sideshow Bob. ;) An incompetent felon isn't really better (arguably worse) than a competent one. Of course, the penalty for murder is more severe than for attempted murder, so maybe we need to dump this guy before he does even more serious damage. Apologies if I'm just missing your sarcasm.

BroncoNut
11-28-2010, 10:11 AM
Hope that answers your question, Sideshow Bob. ;) An incompetent felon isn't really better (arguably worse) than a competent one. Of course, the penalty for murder is more severe than for attempted murder, so maybe we need to dump this guy before he does even more serious damage. Apologies if I'm just missing your sarcasm.

big time. get the stick out of your ass

Joel
11-28-2010, 10:28 AM
big time. get the stick out of your ass
Well, I did apologize, but it's not like I'm psychic, y'know?

BroncoNut
11-28-2010, 10:33 AM
Well, I did apologize, but it's not like I'm psychic, y'know?

yeah, I know. oh, btw, did it slide out easy?

Slick
11-28-2010, 11:02 AM
Thanks for the laugh nut.

BroncoNut
11-28-2010, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the laugh nut.

Slick, people are way too wound up here above sea level.

Rick
11-28-2010, 11:16 AM
After an already losing season and this latest crap if Broncos lose today I'd not at all be surprised to see him canned. But then again wouldn't be surprised to see the powers keep him and make excuses too...

HORSEPOWER 56
11-28-2010, 11:49 AM
After an already losing season and this latest crap if Broncos lose today I'd not at all be surprised to see him canned. But then again wouldn't be surprised to see the powers keep him and make excuses too...

In which case, it really is all about the money...

Although, this filming thing does give Bowlen "cause" to fire McDaniels and not pay him. To me, that's more than enough of an excuse to make the move now when it would be tough for Lawyers to fight for McD's money.

GEM
11-28-2010, 11:51 AM
In which case, it really is all about the money...

Although, this filming thing does give Bowlen "cause" to fire McDaniels and not pay him. To me, that's more than enough of an excuse to make the move now when it would be tough for Lawyers to fight for McD's money.

PFT has an article today that says the Broncos blew their chance to "fire with cause"

:brickwall:

Day1BroncoFan
11-28-2010, 12:43 PM
Nothing surprises me but I'm waiting to see if it really happened before I hang McD.