PDA

View Full Version : Official Stink for GM post

RebelRocker
11-26-2010, 03:56 PM
Official Stink for GM post
I've already made my case and as to why he should be brought into the organization. If anybody is interested in signing the petition and/or joining the facebook group, here's the links to do so.

Petition
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/stinkforgm/

Facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Mar...72793769415288

Shazam!
11-26-2010, 04:14 PM
Umm. No.

Stink for OL Coach.

Northman
11-26-2010, 04:16 PM
Stink is not a GM. I would take him as a OL coach though as Shaz has put.

RebelRocker
11-26-2010, 04:19 PM
Stink is not a GM. I would take him as a OL coach though as Shaz has put.

How do you know?

BroncoWave
11-26-2010, 04:21 PM
How do you know?

How do you know he's qualified to be a GM?

Northman
11-26-2010, 04:26 PM
How do you know?

How do you know he is? Technically i would rather get Elway as GM because he has had some work with the Crush in that area. When it comes to the GM of this team i want a guy who is proven or has experience in that area. The only area Stink would excell in right now is what he is more familiar with and that is the OL. Why or how did you even come to this conclusion of Stink being a GM?

Ravage!!!
11-26-2010, 04:49 PM
wait.. if we are just choosing people to be GM.... I nominate Clay

SOCALORADO.
11-26-2010, 05:37 PM
This guy.
http://jerytest4.netai.net/Images/JohnElway5.jpg

Or Vince Newsome-Baltimore Ravens Director Of Pro Personnel

RebelRocker
11-26-2010, 06:34 PM
How do you know he's qualified to be a GM?

He said in on the Drive on 104.3 the fan that back when he was playing with us, he was scheduled to interview for the vacant GM position with Washington, at the time. It wasn't a joke.

BroncoWave
11-26-2010, 06:46 PM
He said in on the Drive on 104.3 the fan that back when he was playing with us, he was scheduled to interview for the vacant GM position with Washington, at the time. It wasn't a joke.

So because he was once scheduled to interview for a GM job (an interview that I assume never even took place) we should hire him as our GM? :lol:

Lay down the pipe man!

RebelRocker
11-26-2010, 07:11 PM
So because he was once scheduled to interview for a GM job (an interview that I assume never even took place) we should hire him as our GM? :lol:

Lay down the pipe man!

So how do you think we could afford to bring in a "football guru" to run the organization? Bowlen's not going to get Parcells, get over it.

IF we could get him, that's awesome, but let's be serious here. Do you guys even read my evidence supporting this? This organization needs BALANCE. Maybe I should re-phrase this. We should bring Schlereth in to work WITH Xanders as a team and they could split GM duties. The Goodmans did it a few years back, why can't we do that again with two other guys? It's a cost efficient way to improve the team.

Parcells and Gruden aren't coming to Denver. This isn't Madden 11.

BroncoWave
11-26-2010, 08:29 PM
So how do you think we could afford to bring in a "football guru" to run the organization? Bowlen's not going to get Parcells, get over it.

IF we could get him, that's awesome, but let's be serious here. Do you guys even read my evidence supporting this? This organization needs BALANCE. Maybe I should re-phrase this. We should bring Schlereth in to work WITH Xanders as a team and they could split GM duties. The Goodmans did it a few years back, why can't we do that again with two other guys? It's a cost efficient way to improve the team.

Parcells and Gruden aren't coming to Denver. This isn't Madden 11.

Where did I say anything about getting Parcells and Gruden? We can do better than Stink without getting one of those top level guys.

RebelRocker
11-26-2010, 08:52 PM
Where did I say anything about getting Parcells and Gruden? We can do better than Stink without getting one of those top level guys.

Once again, I'm NOT proposing for Stink to be head guy. I'm proposing that Stink should share GM powers with Xanders like the Goodmans did a few years ago. He wouldn't have complete power, just power over scouting and some personnel. He'd share half of the GM duties with Xanders who could deal with business related matters while Stink handled scouting and player interaction.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-26-2010, 09:08 PM
Once again, I'm NOT proposing for Stink to be head guy. I'm proposing that Stink should share GM powers with Xanders like the Goodmans did a few years ago. He wouldn't have complete power, just power over scouting and some personnel. He'd share half of the GM duties with Xanders who could deal with business related matters while Stink handled scouting and player interaction.

If you know Stink's life like it is now - his son is pitching in the pros, and he tries to watch him as much as he can. I really don't think he would want to be tied up with a football team, with everything he has going right now.

Bones
11-26-2010, 09:10 PM
I think that Elway guy would be a perfect fit as GM.

RebelRocker
11-26-2010, 09:13 PM
If you know Stink's life like it is now - his son is pitching in the pros, and he tries to watch him as much as he can. I really don't think he would want to be tied up with a football team, with everything he has going right now.

Stink said on the Drive HIMSELF that he would accept the job, if it's offered to him!!!

Besides, Stink isn't able to see his son much as it is right now with him working and commuting constantly between Denver and Connecticutt for ESPN every week.

claymore
11-26-2010, 09:23 PM
The guy I want as GM would work more hours than Elway is probably willing to do.

Id rather have Elway in a majority owner type role.

RebelRocker
11-26-2010, 09:47 PM
The guy I want as GM would work more hours than Elway is probably willing to do.

Id rather have Elway in a majority owner type role.

I agree

Elways as a majority owner with Xanders and Schlereth running the FO would be a powerful group.

I Eat Staples
11-26-2010, 10:09 PM
Stink may not be qualified to be a GM but neither is Xanders or McDaniels.

RebelRocker
11-26-2010, 10:17 PM
Ok, since everybody on this board has taken a negative reaction to my original thread, I decided to re-phrase what I think Mark 'Stink' Schlereth should be within the Broncos organization.

I understand that hiring somebody with no prior GM experience is risky and bold, so this is what I propose to you fellow Broncos fans.

Instead of hiring Stink to be the main man, what if we brought him in as a VP of personnel. The idea would be for the two to work together, as a TEAM, sharing GM duties. Xanders has done a fine job with number crunching and dealing with more business related matters, so I propose that Xanders should focus on dealing with contracts, the salary cap and more business related decisions while Stink would handle the player scouting and football related decisions.

Let's be realistic, we're not going to be able to get a "football guru" to become a GM here. The odds of making that happen are slim. Although it's the popular thing to do in times like these, maybe we need to think outside of the box.

Like teams nowadays are using committees at skill positions, why not use a committee approach towards personnel. I know every team technically does that (The GM as the head guy with his assistants), but it's not as balanced as a franchise should be.

When one person has too much power in an organization, things will eventually crumble. A coach should be focused on ONE thing. Anything outside of being a coach should be handled by the FO.

With my proposal, I'm asking fans to encourage the idea of bringing somebody, not just my candidate, into the fold to give the franchise a PERMANENT structure.

This is not a thread to discuss McDaniels' job security or possible options to replace him, this is a thread to discuss the proposal I made and debate who the best candidate could be.

Atleast we can all agree on one thing........... In good times and bad times, we'll ALWAYS love our Broncos!!!

:defense::salute:

Dreadnought
11-26-2010, 10:18 PM
Stink may not be qualified to be a GM but neither is Xanders or McDaniels.

I'm not sure you set the bar all that high. With all respect HotCarl might warrant an interview if thats the standard. Well, OK, an exagerration, but perhaps not that big an exagerration.

I Eat Staples
11-26-2010, 10:22 PM
Dude, no. Xanders isn't qualified to have a job at any NFL level and you're suggesting to not only keep him, but let him work with another non-qualified candidate.

spikerman
11-26-2010, 10:28 PM
Just out of curiosity, couldn't the original post have been added to the other thread?

BroncoWave
11-26-2010, 10:28 PM
Still no. Sorry bro.

RebelRocker
11-26-2010, 10:29 PM
Dude, no. Xanders isn't qualified to have a job at any NFL level and you're suggesting to not only keep him, but let him work with another non-qualified candidate.

How can you say Xanders isn't qualified? He spent 14 years with the Falcons in the FO before he even came here! To say he's not even qualified to have a job in the NFL is totally ignorant and dumb.

Is trolling EVERY Broncos message board your hobby?

RebelRocker
11-26-2010, 10:31 PM
Still no. Sorry bro.

It's cool. It's a forum afterall. If you don't think it's a good idea, who would you suggest to run the FO? If we all can't agree, then let's atleast brainstorm some reasonable candidates.

:salute:

I Eat Staples
11-26-2010, 10:33 PM
How can you say Xanders isn't qualified? He spent 14 years with the Falcons in the FO before he even came here! To say he's not even qualified to have a job in the NFL is totally ignorant and dumb.

Is trolling EVERY Broncos message board your hobby?

And now that he finally has been given a GM job, he has proven he is not qualified to hold that position.

I may have exaggerated by saying he isn't qualified to hold any job in the NFL, but if you've been paying attention the past two seasons then I think you should agree he's helped ruin this franchise. Atlanta can have him back, thanks.

And no, I only troll Broncos Country every once in a while.

BroncoWave
11-26-2010, 10:33 PM
It's cool. It's a forum afterall. If you don't think it's a good idea, who would you suggest to run the FO? If we all can't agree, then let's atleast brainstorm some reasonable candidates.

:salute:

Until we actually have an opening at that position, I don't really care enough to speculate on possible candidates.

RebelRocker
11-26-2010, 10:36 PM
How about the guy from the Dos Equios beer commercials?

He doesn't always run a football team, but when he does, we'll have a new sponsor in Dos Equios!!!:beer:

RebelRocker
11-26-2010, 10:44 PM
And now that he finally has been given a GM job, he has proven he is not qualified to hold that position.

I may have exaggerated by saying he isn't qualified to hold any job in the NFL, but if you've been paying attention the past two seasons then I think you should agree he's helped ruin this franchise. Atlanta can have him back, thanks.

And no, I only troll Broncos Country every once in a while.

So are you suggesting that we should start from scratch again and bring in a totally new regime?

I Eat Staples
11-26-2010, 10:51 PM
So are you suggesting that we should start from scratch again and bring in a totally new regime?

Obviously. We'll never be a contender under this joke of a regime.