PDA

View Full Version : Big game in my eyes...

cuzz4169
11-25-2010, 05:47 PM
IMO this is a big game...in 2009 two coaches got new head coaching jobs Steve Spagnuolo & Josh McDaniels...Spagnuolo was rumored to be mentioned for the broncos job amongst others. Spagnuolo was hired as the Rams head coach and Denver got McDaniels...A lot of fans were hoping to get Spagnuolo to help rebuild a defense that wasn't that good and needed help. Now the Rams have done an ok job this season 4-6 compared to last years 1-15...now if Spagnuolo and the Rams beat McDaniels and the Broncos I think it's another Slap in the face to Broncos fans...Because of what McDaniels has done to this team. When Spagnuolo took over the Rams no way did they have more talent on their team than the broncos had. I think Spagnuolo has done a nice job coaching his team still doesn't have a lot of talent but has more wins than the Broncos. If the Rams beat us this weekend I think it would be embarrassing how far we have fallen since McDaniels has taken over. I'm not a fan of McDaniels but I would at least give him one more year to show something. You need three years to build a team if no improvement cya.......

Did Denver make the right choice on what coach they picked?

Northman
11-25-2010, 06:04 PM
If your giving McD 3 years than this game means nothing.

cuzz4169
11-25-2010, 06:07 PM
What it means is did Denver pick the right coach?

Northman
11-25-2010, 06:08 PM

Nobody will know until the end of next year.

cuzz4169
11-25-2010, 06:11 PM
Nobody will know until the end of next year.

In some way yes....but Spagnuolo has made more progress with the Rams to this point than what McDaniels has done with the Broncos...by the blunders McDaniels has had I don't think it changes.

Northman
11-25-2010, 06:14 PM
In some way yes....but Spagnuolo has made more progress with the Rams to this point than what McDaniels has done with the Broncos...by the blunders McDaniels has had I don't think it changes.

While i would agree that Spags has made more progress after taking over a worse team the way you have laid it out in your initial post would leave it as a unfinished product. Personally, McD has failed in my opinion but if the rating system is 3 years (depending on who you are) than we just cant make that determination based on that consensus. For me, its pretty obvious but to others its not.

cuzz4169
11-25-2010, 06:34 PM
While i would agree that Spags has made more progress after taking over a worse team the way you have laid it out in your initial post would leave it as a unfinished product. Personally, McD has failed in my opinion but if the rating system is 3 years (depending on who you are) than we just cant make that determination based on that consensus. For me, its pretty obvious but to others its not.

I agree..The 3yrs Is my opinion. I've coached college baseball and worked with pro scouts for 8yrs...and that's all you ever hear is give a coach 3yrs. But I agree I cannot see it being any better with McDaniels, he has made to many mistakes IMO in 2yrs of work to think its gonna be better....His game planning and preparation may be top notch but his talent evaluation and personnel move blow.

I Eat Staples
11-25-2010, 09:32 PM

No they didn't. My mom would have been a better choice than McDouchebag.

cuzz4169
11-25-2010, 09:54 PM
No they didn't. My mom would have been a better choice than McDouchebag.

hahahahaha!!

PAINTERDAVE
11-25-2010, 10:15 PM
It will be interesting to see how the Rookie QB Bradford plays...

If he does well...
and beats us...
knocking us MATHEMATICLY out of contention...

how loud will the calls be to start Tebow?

broncophan
11-25-2010, 11:48 PM
although every game for the broncos is a big game...imo.........I sure don't consider the rams game any bigger than any other game.
I would like to see McD get another year.....don't know if he deserves it....but I like the 3 year plan........then again.....I kind of thought Shanahan deserved 1 more year....

Northman
11-26-2010, 12:09 AM

If he does well...
and beats us...

To some not that loud because if we bench Orton this year he will regress. Or so im told anyway.

Dzone
11-26-2010, 12:30 AM
I dont like Mcd, but he did pick Tebow and I am a big fan. I think if you give Tebow a talented team, he is the type of Field General that will fight and bite and scratch to win...We are never going to have that kind of charisma and leadership in Orton. I like Orton, but he doesnt have the drive and intensity that Tebow has on a football field.
I would have no problem with firing Mcd, but my concern is that his replacement may be a coach who may NEVER give Tebow a chance...that would suck..then Tebow gets shipped off to another team.

Ravage!!!
11-26-2010, 12:34 AM
I don't think we need this game to tell us that we got the wrong coach.

Dzone
11-26-2010, 12:35 AM
Trust me, 3 years is an Eternity if we continue to lose and flounder next year...
I believe we are stuck with Mcdaniels for another year, whether we like it or not...if we start out losing next season, he needs to get yanked

silkamilkamonico
11-26-2010, 02:09 AM
The worst part of f'n Tebow is we could possibly finish with a top 2-3 pick and not even consider drafting Andrew Luck.

broncofaninfla
11-26-2010, 06:28 AM
I'd say both teams are pretty even in terms of talent but Spags is doing a better job of using his talent.

SmilinAssasSin27
11-26-2010, 10:06 AM
IMO this is a big game...in 2009 two coaches got new head coaching jobs Steve Spagnuolo & Josh McDaniels...Spagnuolo was rumored to be mentioned for the broncos job amongst others. Spagnuolo was hired as the Rams head coach and Denver got McDaniels...A lot of fans were hoping to get Spagnuolo to help rebuild a defense that wasn't that good and needed help. Now the Rams have done an ok job this season 4-6 compared to last years 1-15...now if Spagnuolo and the Rams beat McDaniels and the Broncos I think it's another Slap in the face to Broncos fans...Because of what McDaniels has done to this team. When Spagnuolo took over the Rams no way did they have more talent on their team than the broncos had. I think Spagnuolo has done a nice job coaching his team still doesn't have a lot of talent but has more wins than the Broncos. If the Rams beat us this weekend I think it would be embarrassing how far we have fallen since McDaniels has taken over. I'm not a fan of McDaniels but I would at least give him one more year to show something. You need three years to build a team if no improvement cya.......

Did Denver make the right choice on what coach they picked?

I think you are horribly OVER-estimating the amount of talent on this team when McD took over. We had Clady, Champ, Elvis (out of position) and BM. Arguably DJ. NOBODY else to write home about and the defense was much worse than "wasn't that good".

But you point is an interesting one. Nice thread for change of pace.

SmilinAssasSin27
11-26-2010, 10:06 AM
The worst part of f'n Tebow is we could possibly finish with a top 2-3 pick and not even consider drafting Andrew Luck.

Smartest post I've read in 12 months.

atwater27
11-26-2010, 10:23 AM

That's the truth! If I was coach or GM, I would find a way to trade both Orton and Tebow during the offseason and draft that guy. I have heard that he is the most highly rated QB among all scouts since John Elway.

robert ethan
11-26-2010, 10:39 AM
The other way to look at it is that Spagnulo is 5-21 so far in his head coaching career. McDaniels is 11-15. Rams would have to win out and the Broncos lose out for the balance of this season for Steve to catch up.

robert ethan
11-26-2010, 10:42 AM
I'm sure that if McDaniels was in that position and felt that Luck was significantly better than Tebow he wouldn't hesitate to draft him. Look what he did last year, picking Tebow just a few weeks after acquiring Quinn. But I don't think that Luck is better than Tebow. I don't think that Sam Bradford is better than Tebow, either.

Plus, they are UGLY. Not just unattractive, but ugly. Phillip Rivers or Ben Roethlisberger ugly. Both of them look retarded. Bradford looks like he has Down Syndrome and Luck looks like he should be playing a banjo in a remake of Deliverance.

atwater27
11-26-2010, 10:47 AM
. But I don't think that Luck is better than Tebow. I don't think that Sam Bradford is better than Tebow, either.

Wow. If either of those guys were in a Broncos uni, we would have a bright future. Tebow may end up being a good player, but he is in no way as sure of a thing as Bradford, much less Luck.

robert ethan
11-26-2010, 10:54 AM
Bradford may be a better passer, that remains to be seen. But Tebow has him in every other category. Focus, leadership, durability, athletic ability, charisma, poise, articulation.

No one is breaking down the doors to buy Sam Bradford jerseys, and I doubt that ever happens.

Krugan
11-26-2010, 10:56 AM
Last week was our BIG GAME.

And wel,l we fell on our asses, and thats that.

Sorry for crapping on your thread.

cuzz4169
11-26-2010, 12:44 PM
I think you are horribly OVER-estimating the amount of talent on this team when McD took over. We had Clady, Champ, Elvis (out of position) and BM. Arguably DJ. NOBODY else to write home about and the defense was much worse than "wasn't that good".

But you point is an interesting one. Nice thread for change of pace.

Oh I agree...but the Rams had....ummm Stephen Jackson and who else?

Lancane
11-26-2010, 01:05 PM
I'm sure that if McDaniels was in that position and felt that Luck was significantly better than Tebow he wouldn't hesitate to draft him. Look what he did last year, picking Tebow just a few weeks after acquiring Quinn. But I don't think that Luck is better than Tebow. I don't think that Sam Bradford is better than Tebow, either.

Plus, they are UGLY. Not just unattractive, but ugly. Phillip Rivers or Ben Roethlisberger ugly. Both of them look retarded. Bradford looks like he has Down Syndrome and Luck looks like he should be playing a banjo in a remake of Deliverance.

I've long been a supporter of Tim Tebow, even saying we're a team that was in contention to draft him. He has the physical ability and mental stability to be a solid quarterback in this league...with some coaching, because he has some things that need to be worked on. However, let's not forget the report that came out not too long ago, that mentioned that McDaniels actually tried to trade up in order to draft Sam Bradford...but the Rams at that point were sold on Bradford. Tebow was his second favorite, so after losing out on Bradford he made sure he got Tebow by any means!

Bradford is something special, and Andrew Luck is pretty much the same...we hope we have that with Tebow, I think that is why a lot of people want to see him on the field, because if he does not looked to be improved and actually stinks it up...with such a high draft pick, we could have some fairly angry fans with Luck possibly being there.

topscribe
11-26-2010, 01:28 PM
Bradford may be a better passer, that remains to be seen. But Tebow has him in every other category. Focus, leadership, durability, athletic ability, charisma, poise, articulation.

No one is breaking down the doors to buy Sam Bradford jerseys, and I doubt that ever happens.

Wow, Tebow has played a handful of short-yardage plays and thrown one
three-yard pass in the regular season, and you get all that out of him? :shocked:

-----

TXBRONC
11-26-2010, 01:44 PM
To some not that loud because if we bench Orton this year he will regress. Or so im told anyway.

Like you I think that's hogwash.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Ravage!!!
11-26-2010, 03:02 PM

EXACTLY!! THis makes me want to pull my hair out :tsk:

Ravage!!!
11-26-2010, 03:04 PM

if only the sales of some cloth could put wins in the books.

Bradford keeps playing the way he is playing, and he'll sell plenty of Jersey's, and sign plenty of contracts. I guess not everyone equates jersey sales to being a productive NFL QB.

rationalfan
11-26-2010, 03:24 PM
during a season like this, they're all big games. because any time the broncos can win is a moment worth celebrating.

as for the coaches: meh.

Lancane
11-26-2010, 03:25 PM
if only the sales of some cloth could put wins in the books.

Bradford keeps playing the way he is playing, and he'll sell plenty of Jersey's, and sign plenty of contracts. I guess not everyone equates jersey sales to being a productive NFL QB.

I can sell a lot of jerseys, it's called Ebay!...lol. :lol:

PAINTERDAVE
11-27-2010, 03:37 AM
Last week was our BIG GAME.

And wel,l we fell on our asses, and thats that.

Sorry for crapping on your thread.

^^^^^
This.

What makes this game a big game...
is that even though we are totaly out of contention...
apparantly we need one more drubbing before McD will admit it.

So ... it is a big game in that if we manage to win it...
it simply stretches out the purgatory of McD
acting as if we actually have a shot simply because mathematicly
there is an outside, longshot chance that we could miraculously win out
while everyone else in our division miraculously becomes
the loser team we really are.

So... yeah it is a big game.

A reality check game for the Coach.

TimTebow15MVP
11-27-2010, 05:23 AM
ooooooo yeah the big bad battle of the 3 win and 4 win teams. lol. this is not a big game at all. maybe for the rams it is because there division is so whacked. the tasers wont lose again untill they play denver. the broncos from here on out play spoiler. should be interesting. but not a big game IMO.

claymore
11-27-2010, 09:39 AM

If he does well...
and beats us...

If we lose at home to the Rams, we have 2 home games after that. If we are mathmatically eliminated, I would be shocked to see the games sold out unless there was a reason (Tebow) to go to the games.

claymore
11-27-2010, 09:41 AM
^^^^^
This.

What makes this game a big game...
is that even though we are totaly out of contention...
apparantly we need one more drubbing before McD will admit it.

So ... it is a big game in that if we manage to win it...
it simply stretches out the purgatory of McD
acting as if we actually have a shot simply because mathematicly
there is an outside, longshot chance that we could miraculously win out
while everyone else in our division miraculously becomes
the loser team we really are.

So... yeah it is a big game.

A reality check game for the Coach.
We will probably win this game. Its our MO. Get embarressed, then catch a team sleeping and get a swollen head again... Then repeat the embarresment until the head swelling goes down.

Its McD's head that gets swollen BTW.

PAINTERDAVE
11-27-2010, 02:02 PM
We will probably win this game. Its our MO. Get embarressed, then catch a team sleeping and get a swollen head again... Then repeat the embarresment until the head swelling goes down.

Its McD's head that gets swollen BTW.

I can not bring myself to root against my Broncos..

but dang it... it is frustrating to think a win will actually be BAD for this team.

We NEED to be Mathematicly OUT of it, sooner, rather than later,
so that McD will get it through his thick skull that it is TIME to make changes.

MileHighCrew
11-27-2010, 02:05 PM
I wish this was the first game in the post Josh era