PDA

View Full Version : 9-7

I Eat Staples
11-24-2010, 08:08 PM
Will not be the Broncos' record this year.

Magnificent Seven
11-24-2010, 08:12 PM
Win all 6 games or bust! That is all for now.

Tned
11-24-2010, 08:17 PM

After the KC game, I really thought there was a chance (slim, but chance) that the Broncos could make a run at the AFCW title, but man that MNF loss trashed that hope.

BroncoWave
11-24-2010, 08:36 PM
Ok?

I Eat Staples
11-24-2010, 08:40 PM
Ok?

I'm sorry, I'm uncertain how to answer your question.

BroncoWave
11-24-2010, 08:41 PM
I'm sorry, I'm uncertain how to answer your question.

I don't understand this thread. Who is saying we are going to finish 9-7?

Lancane
11-24-2010, 08:42 PM
That's no lie, and the sad thing is that many fans are looking forward to the games that we think we should win, especially against St. Louis and Arizona. But, some are forgetting that those teams are still in the hunt in their respective divisions, especially in the NFC West, St. Louis wins and then they're one game closer to the lead, Arizona if they lose are out...but what it comes down to is heart. I believe Arizona is going to be our only surefire win for the remainder of the schedule.

If St. Louis has a good, solid game plan installed, and their 15th overall defense plays their best, they could still stick it to us, especially if we have no passion or take them for granted. One paper we should win this game, however...our offense is barely in the top ten and we're the 19th overall offense in scoring, we could make the Rams look like the Colts if we're not careful, especially with our horrid defense.

broncofaninfla
11-24-2010, 08:42 PM
I truly fear the Rams, how sad is that? The Rams seemed to heading in the right direction while Denver is clearly struggling. Hopefully Denver finishes with some sort of optimism. As critical as I have been to Mcd I want him to succeed mainly because I don't want to be one of those teams who changes coaches every couple of years. Mcd is clearing learning the trade at the expense of the Broncos and hopefully he dials it in more sooner than later. Different story with Xanders and Ellis though, the sooner they get the boot the better for the Broncos.

I Eat Staples
11-24-2010, 08:50 PM

If you haven't been paying attention to some of the threads/posts lately, some people were saying "well we could run the table" or things along those lines. T.K.O recently made a thread about this, I believe.

Please think before you post.

BroncoWave
11-24-2010, 08:55 PM
If you haven't been paying attention to some of the threads/posts lately, some people were saying "well we could run the table" or things along those lines. T.K.O recently made a thread about this, I believe.

Please think before you post.

So starting this thread was the answer instead of replying in those threads?

And saying we "could" win out is much different than saying we "will" win out. I have not seen a post saying we "will" win out.

I Eat Staples
11-24-2010, 09:00 PM
So starting this thread was the answer instead of replying in those threads?

And saying we "could" win out is much different than saying we "will" win out. I have not seen a post saying we "will" win out.

I'm the only person who's made a joking/sarcastic thread, right?

If it offends you so then you are free to post elsewhere. This is a very active site with many other threads that better suit your needs.

BroncoWave
11-24-2010, 09:02 PM
I'm the only person who's made a joking/sarcastic thread, right?

If it offends you so then you are free to post elsewhere. This is a very active site with many other threads that better suit your needs.

Just asking questions. If you think anything offends me you don't know me too well! :lol:

Lancane
11-24-2010, 09:05 PM
Don't worry...were going to run the table, just in the wrong direction!

Come on, everyone should be excited and pumped, we could be 3-13!!! Detroit already shattered the record, but it would be a new all-time low for this organization and a record in itself!

:D

T.K.O.
11-24-2010, 09:09 PM
9-7.....would be cool !

its still possible until it's not possible...yesyes?(niles standish);):D:beer:

UrbanBounca
11-24-2010, 09:22 PM
I think I called 5-11 before the season. I'm looking more at 4-12 now.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Canmore
11-24-2010, 09:38 PM
I think I called 5-11 before the season. I'm looking more at 4-12 now.

I called 8-8. Boy was I wrong!!!

I Eat Staples
11-24-2010, 09:54 PM

Same here. And even then people called me a pessimist. In hindsight I was being a kool-aid drinking optimist.

Nomad
11-24-2010, 10:14 PM

It's a point that can't be proven today, tomorrow, or Sat!! After Sunday, we'll know if there's still a chance or we can give Staples a cookie!!;):D

I Eat Staples
11-24-2010, 10:19 PM
It's a point that can't be proven today, tomorrow, or Sat!! After Sunday, we'll know if there's still a chance or we can give Staples a cookie!!;):D

I'm not a big cookie fan. I'd really like to chew on some Broncos wins, but if I counted on that at this point I'd starve to death. :lol:

Nomad
11-24-2010, 10:21 PM
I'm not a big cookie fan. I'd really like to chew on some Broncos wins, but if I counted on that at this point I'd starve to death. :lol:

You'll chew on one Sunday.....then chew one game at a time to 9-7!!:madgrin:

UrbanBounca
11-24-2010, 10:28 PM

Do you want to bet Sam Bradford will look like a HoF QB after Sunday? I not only bet the Rams will beat us, but they will beat us convincingly.

Nomad
11-24-2010, 10:38 PM
Staples this is what you get to look forward to on Sunday, I wish the game was on here:(........:salute:

BRONCOS 34

Rams 17

Slick
11-24-2010, 11:12 PM
I predicted 5 wins trying to prepare myself for us sucking hind tit, however never in my wildest dreams did I think we would look this bad.

spikerman
11-24-2010, 11:47 PM
After the KC game, I really thought there was a chance (slim, but chance) that the Broncos could make a run at the AFCW title, but man that MNF loss trashed that hope.

I promised myself before the season started that I wouldn't get too excited about the team until they won a game in December. Now, it would be hard for me to be excited for this TEAM (are we still doing that?) even with December wins.

spikerman
11-24-2010, 11:48 PM
I predicted 5 wins trying to prepare myself for us sucking hind tit, however never in my wildest dreams did I think we would look this bad.

I kind of thought it would be this bad after I saw what the "brain trust" had done to an already weak roster.

Tned
11-24-2010, 11:52 PM

That's because in the Bowlen era, there hs never been a team like this. Even in '99 after losing 4 straight, what did we do, win 6 of 12 after that? There was the one 5 or 6 win season in the early '90s, but even in that bad season, there was a different 'feel', probably because with Elway there was some degree of hope in every game, even when down by two ro three TDs.

BCJ
11-25-2010, 01:04 AM
Do you want to bet Sam Bradford will look like a HoF QB after Sunday? I not only bet the Rams will beat us, but they will beat us convincingly.

too bad you wont be watching it since you gave up on the Broncos already.

Im going with the possibility of going 1-0 after Sunday. I dont want to push it any farther than that.

I Eat Staples
11-25-2010, 12:43 PM

I think we can win this one, but I have no doubt Sam Bradford will look like a HoFer.

Lancane
11-25-2010, 12:53 PM
too bad you wont be watching it since you gave up on the Broncos already.

Im going with the possibility of going 1-0 after Sunday. I dont want to push it any farther than that.

Can you actually say anything without attacking other posters? Your always insinuating a fans devotion, and quite frankly it's bullshit. The majority has not given up on the team, but on the coach, and as such the team he's created because he's a goddamn egotistical idiot...big difference.

turftoad
11-25-2010, 01:08 PM
That's because in the Bowlen era, there hs never been a team like this. Even in '99 after losing 4 straight, what did we do, win 6 of 12 after that? There was the one 5 or 6 win season in the early '90s, but even in that bad season, there was a different 'feel', probably because with Elway there was some degree of hope in every game, even when down by two ro three TDs.

I think there was that same "degree of hope" with Shanny on the sideline.

Not any more. :tsk:

UrbanBounca
11-25-2010, 02:19 PM
Can you actually say anything without attacking other posters? Your always insinuating a fans devotion, and quite frankly it's bullshit. The majority has not given up on the team, but on the coach, and as such the team he's created because he's a goddamn egotistical idiot...big difference.

I haven't given up on the team, but I have given up on the season. We should shoot for a top pick now. Also, a new coach that can actually win.

NightTrainLayne
11-25-2010, 02:33 PM

The season Tned is referencing showcased Wade Phillips on the sideline.

I felt the same then as I do now. ...pretty hopeless, and wondering when Bowlen would pull the trigger.

Funny thing is, I still like McDaniels. Just wish his learning curve wasn't so steep and we didn't have to endure it.

Tned
11-25-2010, 06:08 PM

To a degree. I liked Jake, and while I knew he had the talent to bring us back from behind, I also knew that he was as likely to make a mistake. With Jay, while he could throw a pick (just like Brady, Manning, or any other QB), you knew he was enough of a playmaker to give the team a fighting chance.

So, for me, it is less about a Shanny/McD thing (in terms of the comebacks) as it is the QB. With Elway we always knew we weren't out of the game, to a lesser extent Jay had that, to a lesser extent Jake, and to a much lesser extend Orton/Griese.

Tned
11-25-2010, 06:09 PM
Funny thing is, I still like McDaniels. Just wish his learning curve wasn't so steep and we didn't have to endure it.

This about sums my thoughts up. I am not on the "fire McDaniels" bandwagon.

LRtagger
11-25-2010, 09:02 PM
That's no lie, and the sad thing is that many fans are looking forward to the games that we think we should win,

It's a sad thing that some fans are looking forward to games?

Maybe it's just me, but I look forward to every game.

Tned
11-25-2010, 09:39 PM
It's a sad thing that some fans are looking forward to games?

Maybe it's just me, but I look forward to every game.

Even if we were 0-20 in the last 20 I would be looking forward to the game this Sunday and the hope of a win.

PAINTERDAVE
11-25-2010, 10:22 PM
I love my team.

I just have a new focus of what is the best thing for the rest of this season.

Developing future players...
draft position...

It will be interesting to see how the Rookie QB Bradford plays...

If he does well...
and beats us...
knocking us MATHEMATICLY out of contention...

how loud will the calls be to start Tebow?

Nomad
11-28-2010, 07:39 PM
My prediction of 9-7 has been officially proven.......it won't happen!

8-8 anyone!!:D

MileHiWildcat
11-28-2010, 07:46 PM
This is no longer a "Team". It is a collection of overpaid men playing a kid's game (badly) that are led by a poser of a head coach.

dunk7
11-28-2010, 11:07 PM
To a degree. I liked Jake, and while I knew he had the talent to bring us back from behind, I also knew that he was as likely to make a mistake. With Jay, while he could throw a pick (just like Brady, Manning, or any other QB), you knew he was enough of a playmaker to give the team a fighting chance.

So, for me, it is less about a Shanny/McD thing (in terms of the comebacks) as it is the QB. With Elway we always knew we weren't out of the game, to a lesser extent Jay had that, to a lesser extent Jake, and to a much lesser extend Orton/Griese.

Really good points...never thought of it that way. I guess its possible that my negativity to McDoogie is his commitment to a QB that just isn't a game changer. Well that and his record for the last 22 games...

Medford Bronco
11-28-2010, 11:53 PM

I called 6-10 and that looks like a stretch now:tsk:

Broncos Mtnman
11-28-2010, 11:57 PM
This is no longer a "Team". It is a collection of overpaid men playing a kid's game (badly) that are led by a poser of a head coach.

But hey, at least they have character.....

.... well, everyone but the coach.

:coffee:

Tned
11-29-2010, 12:19 AM
But hey, at least they have character.....

.... well, everyone but the coach.

Do you mind if I change your name to Drive_By_Mtnman?

BCJ
11-29-2010, 02:56 AM
This about sums my thoughts up. I am not on the "fire McDaniels" bandwagon.

+1 but we can be on the "You are pissing me off McDaniels" bandwagon. Hell, Im driving the damn thing so hop on.

BCJ
11-29-2010, 03:05 AM

I will call him out since I did last week. I call them as I see them. I ripped on him and any Tebowite that has been a fan since April and want to test our souls of fandom. Before this claim of yours, check my posts to see how accurate your claim really is.

Magnificent Seven
11-29-2010, 03:06 AM

Busted! It is officially over for Denver Broncos.

Tned
11-29-2010, 08:09 AM
+1 but we can be on the "You are pissing me off McDaniels" bandwagon. Hell, Im driving the damn thing so hop on.

Yea, I'll jump on this one.