PDA

View Full Version : Lmfao!

dogfish
11-24-2010, 02:45 AM
jarvis moss claims he's now a raider. . .

Raiders Sign DE Jarvis Moss, Former First-Round Pick

The Oakland Raiders reportedly signed defensive end Jarvis Moss late Tuesday.

Moss, a former first-round draft pick of the Denver Broncos, will fill in for Trevor Scott who suffered a season-ending ACL injury last Sunday against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

It was Moss himself that broke the news of his signing.

“So it’s official! I’m an Oakland Raider! God is good thank him,” he posted on his Twitter account.

As of 9 p.m. PT the Raiders have not confirmed the signing, but will likely do so Wednesday.

http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2010/raiders-sign-de-jarvis-moss-former-first-round-pick/

mods, feel free to move the thread if need be-- i just figured everyone could use the laugh. . .

sneakers
11-24-2010, 04:21 AM
How old is he 25? 26? Just because we released him doesn't mean he is washed up.

Jaws
11-24-2010, 04:33 AM
"I’m an Oakland Raider! God is good thank him"

That's the line that cracked me up!
I thought it was the other side that ran the show there!

Lancane
11-24-2010, 04:56 AM
Knowing our luck, he's somehow going to end up an All-Pro for Oakland!

broncofaninfla
11-24-2010, 06:07 AM

I was thinking the same thing

Devilspawn
11-24-2010, 08:43 AM
I hope he's our Peyton Hillis on defense, but I doubt it. This is a depth move.

Flatinum
11-24-2010, 11:39 AM

Just like Alphonso Smith is doing in Detroit.

tomjonesrocks
11-24-2010, 01:03 PM
Too bad--I had hoped he was headed for the unemployment line.

At least "if his hustle is for cash period, ain't no other reason" it will be Al Davis' cash going forward...

Italianmobstr7
11-24-2010, 01:09 PM
Lol, one of the funniest things is Beef and CSWIL were giving him crap on Twitter and he started calling them "broke bihs" and "peasants". Talking about how he's so rich and made 7 figures and how Shanny made him rich. LMAO. Screw Jarvis Moss. Dude sucks. Everyone on this board has as many sacks in the past 2 years as he does!

arapaho2
11-24-2010, 01:48 PM
he went to a better team...why wouldnt he be thankful:coffee:

topscribe
11-24-2010, 02:28 PM
Too bad--I had hoped he was headed for the unemployment line.

At least "if his hustle is for cash period, ain't no other reason" it will be Al Davis' cash going forward...

Why? I wish him success. I didn't want him on the team anymore, but that
was because he wasn't being productive, not because he was a jerk or
something. But that's just me, I guess . . .

-----

CHARLIEADAMSFAN
11-24-2010, 02:45 PM
he went to a better team...why wouldnt he be thankful:coffee:

Ouch......

Lancane
11-24-2010, 03:59 PM
Ouch......

Sometimes honesty not only hurts...but really sucks! :shocked:

UrbanBounca
11-24-2010, 04:09 PM
In three weeks, we'll see Jarvis Moss putting up crazy numbers.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

BORDERLINE
11-24-2010, 05:30 PM
I wish him the best....

except on december 15th, have someone from our Special teams knock the living daylight out of him.He won't last in Oak town...ask Javon Walker

Lancane
11-24-2010, 06:10 PM
I wish him the best....

except on december 15th, have someone from our Special teams knock the living daylight out of him.He won't last in Oak town...ask Javon Walker

Borderline, there is a vast difference between the two, Walker was an injury prone receiver who had two solid seasons, whilst the rest of his career was marred with injury and inconsistency. Moss on the other hand was drafted into a 4-3 defensive system which he clearly didn't fit and then it was switched to the 3-4 and he only got a year and a half in that scheme, and it's already been reported that we have had to constantly switch between a 3-4 and 4-3 not only last season but this season as well. The point is that Moss is athletically sound, if he can find a niche in the right system...he could end up being a very solid ball player...

And let's face facts, we don't really have the best record for letting scrubs go, even the most mundane players that have gone elsewhere away from McDaniels are proving to be more then what we saw. I'm not saying that he will be, but that it wouldn't surprise me one bit if that happened.

OrangeHoof
11-24-2010, 09:02 PM
What I'd like to know is what poor soul has nothing better to do in life than wait for tweets from Jarvis Moss?

Italianmobstr7
11-25-2010, 01:49 AM
Borderline, there is a vast difference between the two, Walker was an injury prone receiver who had two solid seasons, whilst the rest of his career was marred with injury and inconsistency. Moss on the other hand was drafted into a 4-3 defensive system which he clearly didn't fit and then it was switched to the 3-4 and he only got a year and a half in that scheme, and it's already been reported that we have had to constantly switch between a 3-4 and 4-3 not only last season but this season as well. The point is that Moss is athletically sound, if he can find a niche in the right system...he could end up being a very solid ball player...

And let's face facts, we don't really have the best record for letting scrubs go, even the most mundane players that have gone elsewhere away from McDaniels are proving to be more then what we saw. I'm not saying that he will be, but that it wouldn't surprise me one bit if that happened.

Mundane players making an impact on another team? Who?
Cutler - sucks so far
Marshall - sucks so far
Scheffler - I've heard his name 1 time all season...
Phonz - had a couple good games but has been inconsistent and given up more than a few tds.
Hillis - the only one who's really doing anything. Still fumbling a lot too.

Only other person I can think of that we let go that is actually on another team and not out of the NFL is Andra Davis and he's on IR.

Tned
11-25-2010, 01:57 AM
Cutler - sucks so far
Marshall - sucks so far
Phonz - had a couple good games but has been inconsistent and given up more than a few tds.

Only other person I can think of that we let go that is actually on another team and not out of the NFL is Andra Davis and he's on IR.

As to Cutler and Marshall sucking, that's subjective. Many think that considering the line that Cutler is behind that he's doing pretty good.

As to Hillis, not sure why the fumbles are highlighted, especially considering the fumbling problem Moreno has had last year and this, when you could just as easily have highlighted the fact that he's third in the NFL in rushing TDs.

dogfish
11-25-2010, 05:01 AM

cane. . . man. . . i know you understand what you're talking about when it comes to football. . .

with that in mind, WTF are you talking about? you have seen string bean try to play, right?

:laugh:

Italianmobstr7
11-26-2010, 12:09 PM
As to Cutler and Marshall sucking, that's subjective. Many think that considering the line that Cutler is behind that he's doing pretty good.

As to Hillis, not sure why the fumbles are highlighted, especially considering the fumbling problem Moreno has had last year and this, when you could just as easily have highlighted the fact that he's third in the NFL in rushing TDs.

Cutler lead the league in INTs last year and he's up near the top again this year. Marshall not being good in Miami isn't subjective. He hasn't done squat, and I'm one of his biggest followers. Again like I said, Hillis is the only one doing anything really. Knowshon had a fumbling problem as a rookie St the beginning of lastbyears. He's had no problem since. As for Alphonso, I told everyone who was riding his jock that his INTs were lucky because all but 1 of them were. We saw Alphonso yesterday for what we all knew and thought he was. A bust.

frauschieze
11-26-2010, 01:33 PM
Cutler - sucks so far
Marshall - sucks so far

Hamza Abdullah - Arizona
Josh Barrett - New England
Tim Crowder - Tampa Bay
Ben Hamilton - Seattle
Brett Kern - Tennessee
Niko Koutouvides - Tampa Bay
Mike Leach - Arizona
Kory Lichtensteiger - Washington
Karl Paymah - Houston
Tyler Polumbus - Seattle
Patrick Ramsey - Miami
Brandon Stokely - Seattle
Ryan Torain - Washington
Casey Wiegmann - Kansas City
Jamie Winborn - Tennessee

These are from the 2008 roster that McD took over that are currently playing for another team, in addition to those you listed above. I didn't look at 2009 (I'm looking at number of players on our 2010 Broncos who were here in 2008, how many are playing on other teams in 2010 and how many were out of the NFL immediately after they were cut by Denver, and comparing those numbers to other teams. It's a long, tedious process.)

topscribe
11-26-2010, 02:07 PM
Hamza Abdullah - Arizona
Josh Barrett - New England
Tim Crowder - Tampa Bay
Ben Hamilton - Seattle
Brett Kern - Tennessee
Niko Koutouvides - Tampa Bay
Mike Leach - Arizona
Kory Lichtensteiger - Washington
Karl Paymah - Houston
Tyler Polumbus - Seattle
Patrick Ramsey - Miami
Brandon Stokely - Seattle
Ryan Torain - Washington
Casey Wiegmann - Kansas City
Jamie Winborn - Tennessee

These are from the 2008 roster that McD took over that are currently playing for another team, in addition to those you listed above. I didn't look at 2009 (I'm looking at number of players on our 2010 Broncos who were here in 2008, how many are playing on other teams in 2010 and how many were out of the NFL immediately after they were cut by Denver, and comparing those numbers to other teams. It's a long, tedious process.)

Nice work, Frau.

I wonder, however, just what part of these should reflect on errors by the
present regime, as opposed to maybe the present talent level being better
than what is suspected. This might be worth a closer look . . .

-----

OrangeHoof
11-26-2010, 02:29 PM
I can tell you that Paymah was in Houston only briefly and anyone who can't upgrade Houston's secondary (last in the NFL) should no longer be in football.

Lancane
11-26-2010, 02:31 PM
cane. . . man. . . i know you understand what you're talking about when it comes to football. . .

with that in mind, WTF are you talking about? you have seen string bean try to play, right?

:laugh:

Don't read too much into it...I was being sarcastic. If you remember, I said that Jarvis Moss was going to be a bust, before and right after we drafted him. People kept on saying, he'll be better this year or the year after that. He's a physically gifted athlete but nothing more, he could have likely succeeded in any sport, unfortunately for himself and us, he chose football.

However, even with all that said, I can admit that if he can find the right coach who works with him and can get him to focus, finding a niche that suits him, then we could see a whole different ball player. Sometimes it's just about getting placed in the right position; just like sometimes a first round offensive tackle ends up being a bust, but then moves inside and he becomes and All-Pro Guard, or a quarterback is drafted and becomes a fairly good safety. I'm not saying he's going to succeed, if you ask me...his attitude is far worse then Marshall's and Terrell Owen's combined, he got his money...but unlike those two, he can not produce worth a shit.

And then, add in that it seems that players have succeeded away from the team, it would be just our luck that Moss finally did come into his own. That's what I was saying...I don't give a shit that he's gone, of all the players to be released or traded, he's the one I could care the least about.

frauschieze
11-26-2010, 05:35 PM
Nice work, Frau.

I wonder, however, just what part of these should reflect on errors by the
present regime, as opposed to maybe the present talent level being better
than what is suspected. This might be worth a closer look . . .

-----

I wouldn't say that all or even most represent errors on the present regime. I mean, B-boy Winborn is still playing. He was one of the few I was sure wouldn't do anything after getting the boot. I think putting Barrett on IR was a mistake, but an understandable one. Stokely was the odd man out, and I certainly don't miss Abdullah's whiffing. The O-Line players were victim of a changed scheme. Torain is the only one out of that group whose name is getting mentioned, and right now, that's for injury. Again. Not to mention the fact he's in Washington with Shanahan and Turner.

What I suspect (and why I'm slowing compiling info all these names) is that roster turnover like we've seen under McDaniels isn't uncommon, and the percentage of former Broncos not in the NFL after two seasons isn't either. So many of the players from the Broncos 2008 roster who aren't in the NFL anymore were rookies and 1st year players or were journeymen at the the end of their useful lifetime (6-8 years playing). I can't wait until I'm done with this semester and have a few hours of extra time to put it all together. I don't know if I hope I'm right or hope I'm wrong.

frauschieze
11-26-2010, 05:42 PM
I can tell you that Paymah was in Houston only briefly and anyone who can't upgrade Houston's secondary (last in the NFL) should no longer be in football.

Well, he spent last season with the Vikings and is still on Houston's roster (albeit on injury reserve). I'm not arguing that he should or shouldn't still be in football; only stating that he is, in fact, still in the NFL. Other teams thought him good enough to play for them in some capacity.

Dzone
11-26-2010, 07:12 PM
Jarvis Moss..what a joke..he quit the team a few years back, said he didnt want to play anymore and only came back after he was begged back. These wasted draft choices always make one think about WHAT IF? What if we had picked the right guy, who would be an all pro right now. I dont know how high J Moss was rated by the draftnics...have to look at his pre draft report...in any case, he was a FAILURE at pro football..at least so far...sometimes a change of scenario and a guy becomes a star. it happens