PDA

View Full Version : Torain's elbow healing faster than expected

honz
08-21-2008, 08:24 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3547584

The Denver Broncos got some encouraging news Thursday regarding rookie tailback Ryan Torain, who recently underwent surgery to repair a broken bone in his left elbow. He was expected to be out for three months.

Torain was told by his doctor on Thursday the elbow is healing better than he expected, Torain's agent Troy Asmus, said. As a result, Torain may miss significantly less time. The target date for Torain's return is Oct. 20, a Monday night game at New England.

"That is the game that everyone now has circled," Asmus said. "It's really good news."

Torain, a fifth-round pick from Arizona State, injured his elbow during training camp practice on Aug. 6. He had surgery two days later. Torain was having an excellent training camp and many thought he could become Denver's primary tailback -- starting the season in a rotation with starter Selvin Young.

Denver loves Torain's size (6-foot-1, 225 pounds) and speed. He is a downhill runner who is perfectly suited for the Broncos' zone-blocking style.

Asmus said Torain is rehabilitating and is recharged by this latest news.

"Ryan is encouraged by this," Asmus said. "Now it looks like he may be back for a significant part of the season."

Bill Williamson covers the NFL for ESPN.com.

Excellent news!:beer:

Requiem / The Dagda
08-21-2008, 08:28 PM
Did I just not say in the other thread, it'd be awesome to hear if he'd be back by October? **** YEAH DUDE! YEAH. *hits people*

honz
08-21-2008, 08:32 PM
Oh snap, this has been posted in another thread already. You can merge this baby if you want.

underrated29
08-21-2008, 09:24 PM
Dream thats the best news i have heard all day. I thank you for jinxing this so it would happen. And now i want to do dirty things to you. Way to go for bringing out the good vibes!

UH huh, we got the train. Uh huh the man is back. Give it to me, oh yeah. Uh huh we got the train back on the tracks.

DenBronx
08-21-2008, 10:37 PM
even if torain came back by the pats game i dont think he is going to turn us into an unstoppable force. i just dont see torain really making a huge splash this year. if im wrong i'll be the first to say it but torain is going to take a year to develop, especially since he was injured in his last year of college and injured throughout this vital year for him.

Rick
08-21-2008, 10:45 PM
Only in the land of the vaunted Broncos running system would the forums go crazy over the return of a 5th round draft pick RB :)

I am sure he will be good here, and from reports has been very good in camp, just funny how crazy everyone is of his possible early return like he was LT or something :)

Superchop 7
08-22-2008, 05:42 AM
Hmmmmm,

Reports say one thing, my Dr. says another.

Time will tell, I "much" prefer that he heals quickly.

PatricktheDookie
08-22-2008, 07:28 AM
Regardless, this is definitely good news. It beats the hell out of "is not healing correctly."

underrated29
08-22-2008, 10:26 AM
THAT and we havent had a back since the 13-3 season who can punch the ball in, inside the 10 yard line. Thats why i am so excited and he is so vital to our success. Travis was the guy until he pussed out on us- so he doesnt count.

SR
08-22-2008, 10:32 AM
That's great news. Honestly though, what good will it do our team to have a rookie running back who missed half of training camp and a month and a half of the regular season do? Not a whole lot. I wouldn't count on Torain much this year. Besides that, Selvin Young and/or Andre Hall might prove to be a hell of a combination.

tubby
08-22-2008, 10:45 AM
That's great news. Honestly though, what good will it do our team to have a rookie running back who missed half of training camp and a month and a half of the regular season do? Not a whole lot. I wouldn't count on Torain much this year. Besides that, Selvin Young and/or Andre Hall might prove to be a hell of a combination.

I disagree. The sooner Torain is in the mix the better.

turftoad
08-22-2008, 10:45 AM
This is good news.

I hope this ends any talk of him going on IR.

SR
08-22-2008, 10:59 AM
I disagree. The sooner Torain is in the mix the better.

I think his potential is massive, and you know he's keeping in shape as best as he can, but I really don't think he'll make a big splash after we're already six games in. I hope he proves me wrong because I'm a big believer in Torain, but realistically I think either Young or Hall, or both, will have their foot firmly wedged in the door by then...hopefully Hall...more durable.

SmilinAssasSin27
08-22-2008, 03:51 PM
Great news...don't tell anyone in my fantasy league. We draft Sunday.

honz
08-22-2008, 04:09 PM
Are you gonna draft him? I think I would take Hall instead to try and get a late round steal.

Buff
08-22-2008, 05:37 PM
Good news, but I would have rather heard it from Shanahan. Obviously the agent isn't going to say that he's behind schedule... Something tells me they have more to gain keeping Torain off IR.

Buff
08-22-2008, 05:39 PM

I wish you were in my fantasy league-- I'd love it if someone would take a 4th string running back who's gonna be out til mid-october.

SmilinAssasSin27
08-22-2008, 07:39 PM
Are you gonna draft him? I think I would take Hall instead to try and get a late round steal.

I think I know what I'm doing, Buff. Finished 1st in total points last year...but was upset in the finals. It's actually a keeper league where we keep as much of our roster as we want from year to year. I have cleared some room on my roster and intend to take him for 1 of my 6 open spots. I am hoping to trade up (would land me 3 #1s) and end up w/ McFadden, Ricky Williams, Forte, Torain, Robert Meachem and Royal from this draft. Those names may not sound great initially, but this league makes ya think longterm.

My current starters are Brady, BMarsh, TO, Braylon, Portis, Ronnie Brown, Gonzalez, etc. My bench has Rivers, McNabb, Julius Jones, DeShaun Foster, Roy Williams, Steve Smith and Heath Miller.

Simple Jaded
08-22-2008, 07:40 PM

Does your league have a PUP list?......