PDA

View Full Version : If there was ever a year RBBC could work

gobroncsnv
08-21-2008, 07:22 PM
Given the similarities and fairly even quality of the RB's we now how, this might just be the year that running back by committee could work. It's not like when we had Tater and Anderson, one for speed the other for power. If Shanny brings in Young OR Hall, he can run the same plays and get consistent results. The playbook is not limited by who runs into the huddle this year. Point is, I'm not entirely sure about only one of our backs, I think we could have decent game with either guy toting the rock.

dogfish
08-21-2008, 07:26 PM
i think hall is a better between the tackles runner than selvin. . .

Tebow4Ever
08-21-2008, 07:43 PM
:elefant:I think we have a pretty solid RB unit this year. Selvin Young brings the power and Andre Hall is a good outside threat. Watching him turn that corner in the Houston game was pretty exciting, Been a long time since Ive seen a back turn a corner like that. These two will be a good 1-2 punch,compliment that with Aldridge and Torain when he is healthy and I think we are going to come out of the gates with one of the most productive RB groups in this league...Nice Thread..

Stargazer
08-22-2008, 12:31 AM
Given the similarities and fairly even quality of the RB's we now how, this might just be the year that running back by committee could work. It's not like when we had Tater and Anderson, one for speed the other for power. If Shanny brings in Young OR Hall, he can run the same plays and get consistent results. The playbook is not limited by who runs into the huddle this year. Point is, I'm not entirely sure about only one of our backs, I think we could have decent game with either guy toting the rock.

I would gladly take a Tater 1k & Mike Anderson 1k season right now.

I actually do not like that both Hall/Young are similar young RB's & that is what this team is going into the season with.

Superchop 7
08-22-2008, 05:40 AM
I don't think it's as much a RBBC year as it is a "spread the field" kind of year.

Give our guys some room and they are gone.

Reidman
08-22-2008, 06:49 AM
i think hall is a better between the tackles runner than selvin. . .

Agree. Hall looks great in his cuts and block reads, Selvin more of a power
back or outside runner but in the middle he goes nowhere, at least that's the impression I got.

Either way I think the point of RBBC is to spell one back for another and keep them fresh regardless of playcalling but Shanny has been in this mindset for some time now so no reason to think he does any different this year.

D1g1tal j1m
08-22-2008, 10:31 AM
I never liked RBBC and never will. One guy needs to step up and carry the load and take the pressure off Cutler.