PDA

View Full Version : arapahos week 11 thoughts

arapaho2
11-23-2010, 02:04 PM
we suck!!!

the end.

but in all seriousness...we do..we are not a well coached team...we dont have a sound defensive plan, and specifically a good offensive plan

so on with the good

Moreno...not a great game...but the dude played hard..13 for 58 isnt a great acomplishment for most backs...but he produced when he had the shot...looked alot quicker in his decision getting through the hole

first drive....solid...mixed it up, runs passes, a great series

sadly..thats about it for the good

the bad

oline..once again we crumbled under pressure, gave up 5 sacks...sure i know they were not or should not be attributed soully to the line...but to the coverage and wrs inability to get open....but still hardly a good day for the line

Wrs...could not get open...could not create space...could not beat the average sd dbs one on one in most cases ..no seperation....crap!!

defense...i thought played a solid game...when you account for the fact they were playing an explosive offense with rivers at home...sure they yeilded 35 points....but did the constant failures in the offensive play help?

considering the fact the offense scored two TDs...1st drive 1st qrt...and late 4th qrt....but they sandwhich a slew of failures...8 punts and one int...NO DEFENSE PLAYING A CALIBER OF QB LIKE RIVERS IS GONNA SURVIVE WITHOUT OFFENSIVE HELP...PERIOD...they didnt get it

offense...huge and total failure...nothing else can be said...from playcalling...to excecution...dismall..pathetic..hideous

orton....clearly the pregame comparrisens of he an rivers were quickly selved...he isnt in rivers league...panicks...cannot lead a team in crunch...hey alls great when the team has a lead...

but fall behind and get some pressure the dude folds quicker than france

playcalling...pathetic is the only word available decent enough for a public board...totaly lost..other then the first drive...we looked confused...helpless..and bewildered...when the coach starts to drag out every trick play in the book....that reeks of desparation

coaching...whats to say...top to bottom the bolts out coached us
turner abused mcd.....riveara abused mcd....and turner abused wink

the team sucks...our coaching staff sucks...and thats about the jest of it...

shank
11-23-2010, 02:11 PM
i wish orton wouldn't have underthrown lloyd on that 2nd drive. up 14-0 could have made it a different game entirely. that bad throw, followed immediately by the interception seemed to completely crush orton's confidence for the rest of the game.

SOCALORADO.
11-23-2010, 02:16 PM

:salute:

shank
11-23-2010, 02:18 PM

does this mean your whole post was a joke? :whoknows:

broncofaninfla
11-23-2010, 02:21 PM
Moreno's "me, me me" endzone dances bug the **** out of me.........

shank
11-23-2010, 02:24 PM

did knowshon piss in your coffee?

he celebrated when we were up 7-0. wah.

he was clearly putting forth more effort than any other bronco out there. he is 110% all day.

sanluis
11-23-2010, 02:26 PM

He was actually making fun of Mike Tolbert's dance. Tolbert does that side step dance when he scores a touch down. Kind of blew up in NO-Shows face. Tolbert went off for 100 + yards and two TDs after that.. :lol:

No-show is not my favorite Bronco. :coffee:

arapaho2
11-23-2010, 04:17 PM

gee i dunno.....read it...theres not much glowing endorsments

Broncos Mtnman
11-23-2010, 05:02 PM

Well, when you don't reach it all that often, I guess you have to make the most of it.

:coffee:

Broncos Mtnman
11-23-2010, 05:03 PM
No-show is not my favorite Bronco. :coffee:

Mine neither.

T.K.O.
11-23-2010, 05:14 PM

i caught that too;)

arapaho2
11-23-2010, 05:46 PM
i caught that too;)

Haha I just finally caught it....jist of it?

broncofaninfla
11-23-2010, 06:20 PM
did knowshon piss in your coffee?

he celebrated when we were up 7-0. wah.

he was clearly putting forth more effort than any other bronco out there. he is 110% all day.

Moreno had team mates around celebrating, he totally ignores them to do his dance. Lacks class. It would one thing if he was a top tier rb but he isn't.

topscribe
11-23-2010, 06:25 PM
i wish orton wouldn't have underthrown lloyd on that 2nd drive. up 14-0 could have made it a different game entirely. that bad throw, followed immediately by the interception seemed to completely crush orton's confidence for the rest of the game.

Yes, that was an awful throw. But I saw at least two other throws right on
the money and dropped. One would have been a TD by Gaffney, I think, and
the other a huge gain by D. Thomas. A third might have been a drop by Lloyd
in the end zone, but I didn't have the angle to see whether it was dropped or
defensed. However, it was on the money, too.

But all those sacks, penalties, and second- and third-and-longs didn't help his
cause any. I think it ludicrous to try to compare him and Rivers against each
other, with Rivers passing from within the walls that were around him all
night. IMHO.

NOTE: I was talking about last night's game. Period.

-----

Ravage!!!
11-23-2010, 06:43 PM
Orton proved he panics under pressure. I think the stat showed last night that Orton's QB rating with play action was high, but when he didn't use play action it was average 80s.

Riivers helps his lineman out by getting rid of the ball and making fast reads. NO ONE has ever said that SD has a good OL this year, especially with their injuries and hold-outs.

jhildebrand
11-23-2010, 07:30 PM
Can we just cut Gaffney and play Decker going forward? :confused:

I saw Gaffney drop easy passes and aligator arm others.

broncofaninfla
11-23-2010, 08:01 PM

He had the dropsies bad in Mcd's beloved New England too.

BroncoStud
11-23-2010, 08:04 PM

night. IMHO.

-----

Walls? Did you even watch the game? Rivers was moving around in the pocket on almost every down. Many times he had hands in his face as he was throwing the football. That's the difference I guess, Orton can't even move around in the pocket well enough to buy an extra second and he probably doesn't have the arm to do so on the run anyway.

Rivers was buying time for his receivers to get past coverage and it killed Denver. Big Ben does it better than anyone, he won a Super Bowl with the worst offensive line in the NFL. Orton has better WRs, a better OL, and a great passing system to throw out of, Rivers was carrying his offense and was money all night.

I'm not surprised you are downplaying the poor play of Orton and putting the blame on the OL, I've seen it from you time and again concerning Orton, but last night the sacks were as much the fault of Orton simply NOT being an athlete as much as it was an OL issue.

There were numerous plays where Orton had literally 5 seconds to throw. You give Rivers that much time and he's going to hit you for a 60 yarder. On the TD pass Rivers ran around and bought the WR enough time to get open in the zone. Orton doesn't do that, he isn't even athletic enough to come close to doing it.

Any reasonable football fan last night saw what Kyle Orton really is, an average QB playing in a very friendly system who got shown up by a GREAT QB playing with less talent around him. Period.

topscribe
11-23-2010, 08:05 PM

Well, once again, Gaffney is a productive veteran, despite the drops, whereas
Decker is still unproven. I just don't like unloading the veteran until the rookie
can show his stuff . . .

-----

topscribe
11-23-2010, 08:11 PM
Walls? Did you even watch the game? Rivers was moving around in the pocket on almost every down. Many times he had hands in his face as he was throwing the football. That's the difference I guess, Orton can't even move around in the pocket well enough to buy an extra second and he probably doesn't have the arm to do so on the run anyway.

Rivers was buying time for his receivers to get past coverage and it killed Denver. Big Ben does it better than anyone, he won a Super Bowl with the worst offensive line in the NFL. Orton has better WRs, a better OL, and a great passing system to throw out of, Rivers was carrying his offense and was money all night.

I'm not surprised you are downplaying the poor play of Orton and putting the blame on the OL, I've seen it from you time and again concerning Orton, but last night the sacks were as much the fault of Orton simply NOT being an athlete as much as it was an OL issue.

There were numerous plays where Orton had literally 5 seconds to throw. You give Rivers that much time and he's going to hit you for a 60 yarder. On the TD pass Rivers ran around and bought the WR enough time to get open in the zone. Orton doesn't do that, he isn't even athletic enough to come close to doing it.

Any reasonable football fan last night saw what Kyle Orton really is, an average QB playing in a very friendly system who got shown up by a GREAT QB playing with less talent around him. Period.

You bet. That's why SD blew out Denver. SD has less talent. Uh-huh.

Now that you have put in those 5-second claims on Orton, would you care
to put together a video to back that up? I didn't have a stop watch on me,
but I've been around long enough to know about how long 5 seconds are.
It didn't seem to me Orton had many 5-second opportunities. But then, he
might have had some time in the 63% of the passes he completed.

But you go ahead and draw comparisons between two different QBs, playing
on two different teams with two different supporting casts in two different
schemes. Not that it will lend you any credibility, but you certainly have
that right.

And please confine your argument to the issue. I am not the topic, nor any
part of it . . .

-----

shank
11-23-2010, 08:45 PM
Moreno had team mates around celebrating, he totally ignores them to do his dance. Lacks class. It would one thing if he was a top tier rb but he isn't.

i seem to remember that when he got a TD during the blowout against Oakland that he rallied his fellow players to celebrate with him, trying to get someone, anyone, to get amped about the game again. i'm sure you'll find a way to say that lacks class as well :coffee:

BroncoStud
11-23-2010, 08:46 PM
You bet. That's why SD blew out Denver. SD has less talent. Uh-huh.

Now that you have put in those 5-second claims on Orton, would you care
to put together a video to back that up? I didn't have a stop watch on me,
but I've been around long enough to know about how long 5 seconds are.
It didn't seem to me Orton had many 5-second opportunities. But then, he
might have had some time in the 63% of the passes he completed.

But you go ahead and draw comparisons between two different QBs, playing
on two different teams with two different supporting casts in two different
schemes. Not that it will lend you any credibility, but you certainly have
that right.

And please confine your argument to the issue. I am not the topic, nor any
part of it . . .

-----

San Diego was minus Ryan Matthews, Antonio Gates, Vincent Jackson, had a hurt Malcolm Floyd... When Patrick Creighton is your most dangerous weapon and you still dominate, that's impressive.

spikerman
11-23-2010, 08:52 PM
San Diego was minus Ryan Matthews, Antonio Gates, Vincent Jackson, had a hurt Malcolm Floyd... When Patrick Creighton is your most dangerous weapon and you still dominate, that's impressive.

Unfortunately, that probably says more about the opponent. sigh

arapaho2
11-24-2010, 11:08 AM

night. IMHO.

-----

but i thought your opinion was orton had the edge in the oline department because rivers line was trash????

arapaho2
11-24-2010, 11:11 AM

unlike the mcd followers common thought that gaffeny due to one good game would easily ressurect the broncos wr corp

he is still what he was then...a average wr good enough for 2nd or 3rd ...but cannot become a legit #1

without llyod emerging ...where would this wr group be...on the bottom with our rbs?

Ravage!!!
11-24-2010, 11:27 AM

Thats because Rivers is an elite QB in the NFL, and Orton is what he is.... average. He's good when everything is working, but bad when things need a QB to improvise. Orton just can't do that, and he gets very scared in tightening pockets. I absolutely LOVE the video GEM uses to describe Orton after he's taken a sack.... the "fainting Goats"... awesome. :lol:

I hate Rivers, but he's good.... very good. There just is no comparison between he and Orton. Orton really hurt his stock in this Monday Night game.

topscribe
11-24-2010, 11:31 AM
but i thought your opinion was orton had the edge in the oline department because rivers line was trash????

I was watching the game. Did you watch the game?

I'm going by what happened in the game. Did you see what happened in the game?

Dive into a big philosophical discussion if you want, but I'm going by what I saw in this game . . .

-----

arapaho2
11-24-2010, 11:32 AM
Thats because Rivers is an elite QB in the NFL, and Orton is what he is.... average. He's good when everything is working, but bad when things need a QB to improvise. Orton just can't do that, and he gets very scared in tightening pockets. I absolutely LOVE the video GEM uses to describe Orton after he's taken a sack.... the "fainting Goats"... awesome. :lol:

I hate Rivers, but he's good.... very good. There just is no comparison between he and Orton. Orton really hurt his stock in this Monday Night game.

no doubt...with rivers being behind in many games this season...you see the fire...the determination...the strength of conviction that he will get this team to the endzone

with orton you just see this dazed...oh God how long before this is over look

missingnumber7
11-24-2010, 11:39 AM

Really? Look at the plays Orton got sacked on. Look at the sacks by Phillips. The second one Kyle didn't even have a CHANCE to get his feet set to throw the ball. He was 3 or 4 steps into his 5 or 7 step drop and got hit by a phillips that wasn't even looked at.

I'm not taking anything away from Rivers, he had a great game, and is capable of being an Amazing QB(still hate him, guess maybe I understand now how others felt about Elway Smiling all the time.)

arapaho2
11-24-2010, 11:42 AM
I was watching the game. Did you watch the game?

I'm going by what happened in the game. Did you see what happened in the game?

Dive into a big philosophical discussion if you want, but I'm going by what I saw in this game . . .

-----

im going by what you said the day of the game

ahh here it is :The Chargers have been
horrendous in protecting the passer. Advantage Broncos.

and now you see why i said the chargers oline isnt any worse than ours...but their pass rush is twice as good as ours...cant see how that is an advanytage for the broncos:lol:

and yes i watched the game...i see rivers move around the pocket...i seen him avoid a crumbling pocket and run 13 yards on 3rd down to keep a drive alive...i seen him wait for the last second befor checking down to his backs

i also seen orton crumbling under that same pressure...become unaccurate...scared and tentative...he isnt a good qb

he can play well and manage a game if he's kept clean...make it hard...play from behind...take away his first read..and he crumbles quick

arapaho2
11-24-2010, 11:45 AM
Really? Look at the plays Orton got sacked on. Look at the sacks by Phillips. The second one Kyle didn't even have a CHANCE to get his feet set to throw the ball. He was 3 or 4 steps into his 5 or 7 step drop and got hit by a phillips that wasn't even looked at.

I'm not taking anything away from Rivers, he had a great game, and is capable of being an Amazing QB(still hate him, guess maybe I understand now how others felt about Elway Smiling all the time.)

again look at the play....orton clearly should have seen phillips unblocked on the line...clearly thats a sack waiting to happen....he had larsen on his left

now this is where a great qb that is aware of his situation audibles and or just simply puts larseon to the right side to contend with the uncovered phillips

did he?...no...he made larsen come all the way across the play way to late....

that sack is on no one but the qb...period

topscribe
11-24-2010, 11:50 AM
im going by what you said the day of the game

ahh here it is :The Chargers have been
horrendous in protecting the passer. Advantage Broncos.

and now you see why i said the chargers oline isnt any worse than ours...but their pass rush is twice as good as ours...cant see how that is an advanytage for the broncos:lol:

and yes i watched the game...i see rivers move around the pocket...i seen him avoid a crumbling pocket and run 13 yards on 3rd down to keep a drive alive...i seen him wait for the last second befor checking down to his backs

i also seen orton crumbling under that same pressure...become unaccurate...scared and tentative...he isnt a good qb

he can play well and manage a game if he's kept clean...make it hard...play from behind...take away his first read..and he crumbles quick

You know, there are some on this board who try to enjoy voicing their
opinions and discussing issues with others. Then there are some of you
seem to be just sitting there, licking your chops, just waiting to attack
others for what they said, just to try to make it unenjoyable for them.

I have my opinions. You have yours. I try to respect your opinions. But
sometimes you make it hard for me to respect you.

Before the game, I talked about what the Chargers had done so far. After
the game I talked about what happened in the game. If it was different,
well, life is dynamic, isn't it? Things change. Don't try to make it what it is
not.

Now, I suggest you discuss issues, rather than go after other posters. If
you disagree, then fine, disagree. But respect the other poster.

-----

arapaho2
11-24-2010, 12:01 PM
You know, there are some on this board who try to enjoy voicing their
opinions and discussing issues with others. Then there are some of you
seem to be just sitting there, licking your chops, just waiting to attack
others for what they said, just to try to make it unenjoyable for them.

I have my opinions. You have yours. I try to respect your opinions. But
sometimes you make it hard for me to respect you.

Before the game, I talked about what the Chargers had done so far. After
the game I talked about what happened in the game. If it was different,
well, life is dynamic, isn't it? Things change. Don't try to make it what it is
not.

Now, I suggest you discuss issues, rather than go after other posters. If
you disagree, then fine, disagree. But respect the other poster.

-----

problem is top...people call you on it because you come off with the attitude...your opinion is gospel truth and any one who disagrees is a hater

i responded to your post about the broncos oline being better with facts...you got butt hurt about it

now you wanna cry that rivers had all the time in the world but poor ole orton didnt....hell yeah im gonna remind you

topscribe
11-24-2010, 12:45 PM
problem is top...people call you on it because you come off with the attitude...your opinion is gospel truth and any one who disagrees is a hater

i responded to your post about the broncos oline being better with facts...you got butt hurt about it

now you wanna cry that rivers had all the time in the world but poor ole orton didnt....hell yeah im gonna remind you

Speak for yourself. "People" don't call me on much of anything. Just one or
two of you "people," and you seem to call others, too . . . one of you just
got banned, in fact.

You might have your opinion of my posts, but I am very, very careful to
include "IMO" or "it seems" with what I say. And there are those who
disagree with me, but they know how to disagree . . . with my opinion, not
making me the topic. Dread, GEM, Trychon, Lancane, Mtnman, RC, Tned,
Carol, Frau, NTL, Mike, etc., etc. . . . all have disagreed at one time or
another, and we have never had any problems. Why? They discuss the
issues, not each other.

But the fact that you ignored my explanation of my apparent discrepancy
shows your apparent intent. I said one was a general observation before
the game, and the other was specific to the game, after the game. Then
I tried to remind you that situations can change. But you would seem to
have none of that. Nope, you just want to try to make a hypocrisy of it.

Enough of this. :deadhorse:

-----

arapaho2
11-24-2010, 12:51 PM
Speak for yourself. "People" don't call me on much of anything. Just one or
two of you "people," and you seem to call others, too . . . one of you just
got banned, in fact.

You might have your opinion of my posts, but I am very, very careful to
include "IMO" or "it seems" with what I say. And there are those who
disagree with me, but they know how to disagree . . . with my opinion, not
making me the topic. Dread, GEM, Trychon, Lancane, Mtnman, RC, Tned,
Carol, Frau, NTL, Mike, etc., etc. . . . all have disagreed at one time or
another, and we have never had any problems. Why? They discuss the
issues, not each other.

But the fact that you ignored my explanation of my apparent discrepancy
shows your apparent intent. I said one was a general observation before
the game, and the other was specific to the game, after the game. Then
I tried to remind you that situations can change. But you would seem to
have none of that. Nope, you just want to try to make a hypocrisy of it.

Enough of this. :deadhorse:

-----

yes by all means ...lets move off the topic that your opinions were dead wrong..lol

and move back to orton.....top i know you endorse him with all heart....but the dude just isnt a guy you want taking snaps with its crunch time

topscribe
11-24-2010, 01:11 PM
yes by all means ...lets move off the topic that your opinions were dead wrong..lol

and move back to orton.....top i know you endorse him with all heart....but the dude just isnt a guy you want taking snaps with its crunch time

Of course, I endorse him. But that doesn't mean it is a blind endorsement. I
have been roundly spoiled by other athletes, of whom I was an avid fan,
because they didn't turn out the production I thought they should. Lenny
Walls and Javon Walker come to mind. I was a big fan of Cutler's, but I really
soured on him even before he was traded because of his attitude.

What has kept me with Orton is that I am thoroughly impressed with what he
has accomplished despite the battering he has taken, the lack of time he
generally has had to work with in the pocket, and the desperate lack of a
running game (Orton, yes Orton, was the leading rusher!), meaning that
the defense could play the pass almost exclusively . . . and they still could
not stop him.

Yes, I saw the difference between Orton and Rivers Monday night. I also
noticed the difference in the numbers of sacks and penalties, and the time
Rivers had in the pocket, as opposed to Orton, overall. I noticed that their
RB ran for 111 yards. I noticed the differences in the respective defenses.

I'm not making excuses for anybody. I am saying that comparing them
straight across, in view of their differing circumstances, is not a fair
comparison. Anybody with a smattering of an open mind would have to
agree with that.

But even at that, one game is one game. I saw Orton outplay Brady and
play toe-to-toe with Manning. I'm not saying he is generally better than
they, just that he did on given days. In fact, in the first game against SD
last year, Orton outplayed Rivers. But that also was one game, and that
also was because Rivers was not getting the help from his supporting cast
that Orton was on that day.

Block for Orton, and give him a halfway decent running game. And don't
call 19 passes out of 21 second down situations. That sort of thing. Any
QB would appreciate that. Orton, then, will do the rest. I am confident in
this . . .

-----

arapaho2
11-24-2010, 01:22 PM
Of course, I endorse him. But that doesn't mean it is a blind endorsement. I
have been roundly spoiled by other athletes, of whom I was an avid fan,
because they didn't turn out the production I thought they should. Lenny
Walls and Javon Walker come to mind. I was a big fan of Cutler's, but I really
soured on him even before he was traded because of his attitude.

What has kept me with Orton is that I am thoroughly impressed with what he
has accomplished despite the battering he has taken, the lack of time he
generally has had to work with in the pocket, and the desperate lack of a
running game (Orton, yes Orton, was the leading rusher!), meaning that
the defense could play the pass almost exclusively . . . and they still could
not stop him.

Yes, I saw the difference between Orton and Rivers Monday night. I also
noticed the difference in the numbers of sacks and penalties, and the time
Rivers had in the pocket, as opposed to Orton, overall. I noticed that their
RB ran for 111 yards. I noticed the differences in the respective defenses.

I'm not making excuses for anybody. I am saying that comparing them
straight across, in view of their differing circumstances, is not a fair
comparison. Anybody with a smattering of an open mind would have to
agree with that.

But even at that, one game is one game. I saw Orton outplay Brady and
play toe-to-toe with Manning. I'm not saying he is generally better than
they, just that he did on given days. In fact, in the first game against SD
last year, Orton outplayed Rivers. But that also was one game, and that
also was because Rivers was not getting the help from his supporting cast
that Orton was on that day.

Block for Orton, and give him a halfway decent running game. And don't
call 19 passes out of 21 second down situations. That sort of thing. Any
QB would appreciate that. Orton, then, will do the rest. I am confident in
this . . .

-----

your confindence is warm and touching....it doesnt dispell the fact orton folds under pressure...yoour never gonna have a perfetly blocked game very often...sometimes tyour gonna have to take the team on your shoulders in the late minutes or when behind and find a way to win even with a lack of a run game or pressure

orton fails miserably there..and thats the issue...sure when its all peaches and cream the guys a baller...when it aint..he sucks

topscribe
11-24-2010, 01:26 PM
your confindence is warm and touching....it doesnt dispell the fact orton folds under pressure...yoour never gonna have a perfetly blocked game very often...sometimes tyour gonna have to take the team on your shoulders in the late minutes or when behind and find a way to win even with a lack of a run game or pressure

orton fails miserably there..and thats the issue...sure when its all peaches and cream the guys a baller...when it aint..he sucks

I just don't know where you get that, Rap. Orton has been under intense
pressure all season. I have not seen many cases where it has been
"peaches and cream" for him. And he's only #2 in the league in passing
yardage. He is also ranked #3 according to DVOA and #6 according to
DYAR. I hope he keeps folding like that . . .

-----

arapaho2
11-24-2010, 01:42 PM
I just don't know where you get that, Rap. Orton has been under intense
pressure all season. I have not seen many cases where it has been
"peaches and cream" for him. And he's only #2 in the league in passing
yardage. He is also ranked #3 according to DVOA and #6 according to
DYAR. I hope he keeps folding like that . . .

-----

i care little about passing yards that dont yeild points....wasnt that the cry about the 2008 offense when it was all cutlers fault?

we are 19th in offensive scoreing

he has only thrown 6 forth qrt tds all season...ten games

his state of 2 tds and 5 ints when trailing by 8 or less is a issue

you can harp on all these dink and duck yards...or the miracle recs from llyod...but the fact remains...orton folds and cannot lead a team to a win

he is a average qb put in a offense that yeilds passing yards...but he cant capitalize on that

topscribe
11-24-2010, 02:16 PM
i care little about passing yards that dont yeild points....wasnt that the cry about the 2008 offense when it was all cutlers fault?

we are 19th in offensive scoreing

he has only thrown 6 forth qrt tds all season...ten games

his state of 2 tds and 5 ints when trailing by 8 or less is a issue

you can harp on all these dink and duck yards...or the miracle recs from llyod...but the fact remains...orton folds and cannot lead a team to a win

he is a average qb put in a offense that yeilds passing yards...but he cant capitalize on that

Dink and dunk yards? Rap, have you watched any games? Orton has
specialized in downfield this year. Do you realize his average YPC is second
in the league only to Rivers? That means he's surpassed Manning, Brady,
and Brees. He is #1 at 40+ yards. Did you realize that?

Dink and dunk? That's like saying you don't like how short Shaquille O'Neal
is . . .

-----

Broncos Mtnman
11-24-2010, 04:16 PM
i seem to remember that when he got a TD during the blowout against Oakland that he rallied his fellow players to celebrate with him, trying to get someone, anyone, to get amped about the game again. i'm sure you'll find a way to say that lacks class as well :coffee:

Well, considering the fact that they were losing 38-0 before that score, maybe he should have been more concerned about how pathetic the team was playing instead of getting his face time for a meaningless TD.

Yeah, he lacks class, or at the very least common sense.

topscribe
11-24-2010, 04:49 PM

There is nothing wrong with trying to remain upbeat, even during the bad
times. There are those who remain positive and enthusiastic, and there are
those whose chins are dragging. In my view, Moreno's enthusiasm indicates
class, not diminishes it . . .

-----

Bosco
11-25-2010, 05:09 AM
The biggest problem I saw with the game is what McDaniels talked about in his presser, and that's the Chargers taking us out of our gameplan. We came out firing on the first drive and marched right down the field, but then after that fake punt it's like the offense completely lost confidence and started playing panicked. It's very frustrating to watch.

arapaho2
11-26-2010, 04:06 PM
The biggest problem I saw with the game is what McDaniels talked about in his presser, and that's the Chargers taking us out of our gameplan. We came out firing on the first drive and marched right down the field, but then after that fake punt it's like the offense completely lost confidence and started playing panicked. It's very frustrating to watch.

good point...and correct, the offense seemed in complete control the first series...but riviera adapted...and we couldnt figure out a way to contend

Ravage!!!
11-26-2010, 04:23 PM
good point...and correct, the offense seemed in complete control the first series...but riviera adapted...and we couldnt figure out a way to contend

That seemed like a drive that was scripted and why it ran so smoothly.. and... why we had such an effective tempo. It was a series of plays we had been practicing. Worked great. But we saw what happened to our team once we left our comfort zone of scripting and things working out perfectly.