PDA

View Full Version : Could a Tebow-Young Offense Work?

OrangeHoof
11-23-2010, 10:28 AM
We'll probably never find out but it dawned on me yesterday how fun it would be to draw up an offense with Tim Tebow and Vince Young in the backfield together. Both QBs have strong running skills and are big enough to run and take a hit. It could be like a double wildcat where either could take the snap and run or either could roll out with a run-pass option or they could hand off to each other, etc.

With one being lefthanded and the other righthanded, you could roll the pocket in either direction and both have the potential to break the big one by either running or throwing.

Of course, you'd have to get both on the same roster and buy into the concept but it's fun in a mad scientist sort of way to think what an offense like that would be like and what a nightmare it would be to defend.

There are others like Michael Vick you could see in this sort of offense too but with Vince likely on his way out of Tennessee, the thought crossed my mind.

Northman
11-23-2010, 10:30 AM
Absolutely.

Look at what Michael Vick does for Philly? Obviously the only thing that really hurts Tebow right now is experience but since we arent expected to do much this year anyway why not let the kid go and see what he can do. I would be all for it.

Jake Klug
11-23-2010, 10:30 AM
We'll probably never find out but it dawned on me yesterday how fun it would be to draw up an offense with Tim Tebow and Vince Young in the backfield together. Both QBs have strong running skills and are big enough to run and take a hit. It could be like a double wildcat where either could take the snap and run or either could roll out with a run-pass option or they could hand off to each other, etc.

With one being lefthanded and the other righthanded, you could roll the pocket in either direction and both have the potential to break the big one by either running or throwing.

Of course, you'd have to get both on the same roster and buy into the concept but it's fun in a mad scientist sort of way to think what an offense like that would be like and what a nightmare it would be to defend.

There are others like Michael Vick you could see in this sort of offense too but with Vince likely on his way out of Tennessee, the thought crossed my mind.

One guy I thought of that might compliment Tebow is Alex Smith. He ran the same offense at Utah in college that Tebow ran at Florida...more or less. Alex Smith is wicked smart and can probably communicate well and help Tebow while also providing competition at QB.

Ravage!!!
11-23-2010, 10:32 AM
I think that would be a horrendously bad offense.

I don't think either one are (or will be) good NFL QBs.

BroncoStud
11-23-2010, 10:32 AM
One guy I thought of that might compliment Tebow is Alex Smith. He ran the same offense at Utah in college that Tebow ran at Florida...more or less. Alex Smith is wicked smart and can probably communicate well and help Tebow while also providing competition at QB.

So let's just hire Urban Myer and pull a hattrick.

G_Money
11-23-2010, 10:35 AM
I think McDaniels would make Young sob in his Wheaties on a daily basis until the poor kid hung himself with his Supeman suspenders.

Probably not the best match of player and coach I can think of, regardless of what that would do to our scheme.

~G

Jake Klug
11-23-2010, 10:35 AM
So let's just hire Urban Myer and pull a hattrick.

No, but some Kubiak bootlegs would be fun.

Mike
11-23-2010, 10:38 AM
Vince Young is a headcase. No way I want him near the Broncos. Besides, he would probably off himself due to the pressure that comes with what Bronco fans expect out of a QB.

What Denver needs is (assuming McD keeps his job):

An experienced GM who brings in solid offensive/defensive coaches to help McD
Take away McD's rights to anything other than coaching (including drafts)

OrangeHoof
11-23-2010, 10:55 AM
To clarify, I'm not presuming McDaniels is the head coach. You'd need someone as either OC or HC that isn't married to the current system and is willing to experiment. In fact, a defensive-minded HC would be optimal while an OC who enjoys tinkering and coming up with new wrinkles would run the offense.

I'm not necessarily trying to fit this into our current system because neither QB has Tom Brady's skill set.