PDA

View Full Version : At 3-7, should the Broncos start Tebow (don't need to be registered to vote)

Tned
11-23-2010, 01:09 AM
Ok, figured we needed a poll on this.

TheDave
11-23-2010, 01:17 AM
No, I don't think he is anywhere near ready.

That and it destroys any trade value that KO has.

IMO starting Tebow is a lose, lose.

CHARLIEADAMSFAN
11-23-2010, 01:20 AM

Couldn't agree more. I think Tebow should get more playing time but he is not a starting quarterback yet we knew that when we drafted him we just need to wait before throwing him into the fire

horsepig
11-23-2010, 01:23 AM
Don't start him. That would be unfair to Orton.

Let the boy play some though. The season ended tonight, as for playoffs.

Do not start him and "throw him into the wolves's frying pan", so to speak.

But, don't bring him in to run the ******* wild jesus for one play on 2'nd & long???

This is a difficult balancing act with Orton's ego.

Tell Orton to man up and help the kid learn the game. Let him play about 40-50% of the snaps from now on. If he shows something, grreat.

BTW. I think he will, but I also think McD will run out the rest of this ass**** season with Orton.

Ravage!!!
11-23-2010, 01:31 AM
How does losing increase Orton's trade value?

Lancane
11-23-2010, 01:34 AM

Orton will not lose trade value, because the Broncos will not stop utilizing him just cause Tebow is starting. We have no character and lack a persona as an organization, and it's possible that Tebow could give us that. Other teams will understand that the season was lost and that our future as a team relied on his progression...he will still be a hot commodity, though I don't believe it will happen.

TheDave
11-23-2010, 01:40 AM
How does losing increase Orton's trade value?

Let me put it this way... benching him will kill what ever value he has at this point.

Orton will not lose trade value, because the Broncos will not stop utilizing him just cause Tebow is starting. We have no character and lack a persona as an organization, and it's possible that Tebow could give us that. Other teams will understand that the season was lost and that our future as a team relied on his progression...he will still be a hot commodity, though I don't believe it will happen.

Sorry, but I don't understand how we will use Orton if Tebow is starting? If Tebow starts... Orton sits.

I just don't see how a benched QB has the same value as a starter.

PAINTERDAVE
11-23-2010, 02:00 AM
Let me put it this way... benching him will kill what ever value he has at this point.

Disagree

False assumption presented as fact

TheDave
11-23-2010, 02:04 AM
Disagree

False assumption presented as fact

So in your opinion a benched QB has the same value as a starter?

I think some people are letting their tebowner get in the way of logic.

Lancane
11-23-2010, 02:27 AM

Logically you're using a sound argument, but the pretense is false. His value will remain, even using him sparingly Orton already has 3,000 yards. And plenty of tape for coaches and general managers to go off of. So they'll know that he was well on his way beyond 4,000 yards for the season...we're not expecting a first round pick for him anyways, at most he would bring a second round pick and his value will likely remain. Look at Charlie Whitehurst, he had little experience and no stats to speak of but Seattle still traded a second round pick for him; teams looking to win sooner rather then later will bite.

Tebow on the other hand is a first round pick, and usually a quarterback goes through many hardships and lumps their first season as the starter and we base their future of what we see that is promising from them. If Tebow starts next season, then we will likely go through another horrid season and so we'll not likely see a real improvement until 2012, which could hinder us even worse...because you can only learn so much from the bench, especially when losing! I'd rather see him start for a quarter of a season and be better his first full year as a starter rather then watch him go through all the ups and downs and the team suffer for one more then needed.

cuzz4169
11-23-2010, 02:50 AM
hahahahaha you really think Orton has a lot of trade value!!!?? hahahahahaha.....everyone knows he is a clone of Trent Dilfer.

horsepig
11-23-2010, 03:00 AM
hahahahaha you really think Orton has a lot of trade value!!!?? hahahahahaha.....everyone knows he is a clone of Trent Dilfer.

Orton aint no comeback kid.

cuzz4169
11-23-2010, 03:10 AM
Orton is a system QB if he leaves Denver he will be back to fighting for a job.......Denver at best maybe...maybe...can get a 4th for him...but I believe if Mcdouch is still coach in 2011 Orton is the QB.

Dzone
11-23-2010, 03:26 AM
I also think McD will run out the rest of this ass**** season with Orton.
Yep, no doubt about it. I watched that entire crappy 4th quarter wondering if Tebow might play...what a disgrace Mcd is. He talked sht last year to S Phillips and look what S Phillips did to us this year. Mcd has Pissed off every team he has faced.. because of his obnoxious arrogance he is now the coach everybody loves to beat up on...
Even Gruden said "Why doesnt he just put Tebow in?"

Dzone
11-23-2010, 03:31 AM
Benching Orton shouldnt mess up his trade value. THE SEASON IS OVER as far as playoffs are concerned...if Orton was replaced right in the middle of a winning season, then that may hurt Ortons value...but people arent going to forget about the numbers he has put up..look around the league at how many crappy qbs there are..Orton would be desired by a lot of teams..theres a team out there who is just as foolish as Mcdaniels and will prob cough up a high draft choice for him

horsepig
11-23-2010, 03:54 AM
Indeed, why not just put Tebow in? Lets see what we've got with this guy.

I personally think we've got our ******* "franchise" QB and he's sitting on the ******* bench during 30 point beatdowns.

Just what in the hell do we have to lose? Let the kid play.

Especially since we do have a decent OL in place.

sneakers
11-23-2010, 04:09 AM
I will vote "no" because not playing him will make more people mad.

horsepig
11-23-2010, 04:30 AM
Good coment snred

horsepig
11-23-2010, 04:35 AM
I am gonna start making stupid comments all the tim

Fire everybody!

e.

e.

horsepig
11-23-2010, 04:40 AM
No. 1- fire Jrwiz

Bo 2- rehire Jrwi.

Now, from here on I say draft for defense, period.

Did I sa draft for defene?-- OKAY

horsepig
11-23-2010, 04:42 AM
What do you thik at this point, JR?

Can we play Tebow a little?

sneakers
11-23-2010, 06:58 AM
i like how horsepig is posting today!

spikerman
11-23-2010, 07:21 AM
I think most NFL people know that a lot of Orton's yards are coming when the game has been decided. People know what kind of qb he is (good or bad) so I don't see how getting the rookie some playing time hurts him. Besides, this is supposed to be about the future of the Broncos. For better or worse, Tebow appears to be the future, Orton does not.

Tned
11-23-2010, 07:43 AM

I posted elsewhere that if McD doesn't think Tebow is ready and starting him is likely to hurt him physically or mentally (stunt is progression) than I agree he shouldn't be started.

I'm not one that agrees on the Orton trade value aspect for this reason. If he's being traded next season, it won't matter if he's benched or not. His trade value will be the same, possibly it's at the highest it's going to be. GM's will know why Tebow was started -- the end of a lost season used to get Tebow experience.

I can't see making the decision based on Orton's trade value.

TXBRONC
11-23-2010, 08:02 AM

Sorry, but I don't understand how we will use Orton if Tebow is starting? If Tebow starts... Orton sits.

I just don't see how a benched QB has the same value as a starter.

ATP I still don't they will trade Orton even if Tebow were made the starting quarterback. That being said I think if McDaniels is entertaining any thoughts of trading Orton they would more than likely be shattered if he continued to start and ended up getting hurt.

MileHighCrew
11-23-2010, 08:04 AM
I think we should play Brady Quinn.

I think we should balm the rest of the season and hope we can draft Andrew Luck, Trade Tebow to Jacksonville for their first, Trade Orton and keep Quinn as a back up next year. Bring in Luck and have him start from day 1.
I know we drafted Tebow in the 1st round last year but I am sure no one thought we would be in position to draft Luck this year.
It will never happen but that is what I would like to happen

Nomad
11-23-2010, 08:11 AM
What do you thik at this point, JR?

Can we play Tebow a little?

You'll have to go to BM to ask him this question!!!

I don't care this morning......Bradford and McCoy seem to be doing pretty good as rookies and I'd be up to giving Tebow a game or 2! The BRONCOS didn't show up last night and were unprepared for the game !! I guess all their emotions went out the door with the Chiefs!

broncofaninfla
11-23-2010, 08:24 AM
Denver needs to know what they have on this team for the future. Orton has shown he can run Mcd's beloved system but doesn't have the intangibles to make plays when the system breaks down. We need to know what we have in Tebow.

Denver needs to evaluate everything and everybody. Play Tebow, McBath, Decker and some of the other young guys on our team to see if they are worth keeping.

broncofaninfla
11-23-2010, 08:25 AM
I think we should play Brady Quinn.

I think Mcd will probably avoid playing Quinn to avoid the Hillis trade blowing up in his face even more than it has. If Quinn plays and sucks which is a likely scenario, Mcd looks like an even bigger idiot for trading Hillis.

atwater27
11-23-2010, 09:24 AM
i think Tebow will start playing.

Because I think Josh is desperate with yet another blowout loss to an AFC West team. I think he will pull out his last stop, which is tebow. If Tebow plays well, it gives Pat a glimpse of a better future and potentially good drafting skills. If tebow struggles, it could backfire.

BroncoStud
11-23-2010, 09:28 AM

No, I just think a lot of fans are sick of wasting time watching Orton pad his stats with meaningless yards while losing games because he lacks the talent to carry the offense.

It's not like McDaniels will make a good decision with the draft pick we acquire from a potential Orton trade.

Northman
11-23-2010, 09:36 AM
Yes, season is done.

Northman
11-23-2010, 09:40 AM
Benching Orton shouldnt mess up his trade value. THE SEASON IS OVER as far as playoffs are concerned...if Orton was replaced right in the middle of a winning season, then that may hurt Ortons value...but people arent going to forget about the numbers he has put up..look around the league at how many crappy qbs there are..Orton would be desired by a lot of teams..theres a team out there who is just as foolish as Mcdaniels and will prob cough up a high draft choice for him

Exactly. Orton has done enough this year to show he has some value. If teams are interested they will look at his work ethic and what he has done to this point for the team, not the record of the team. Its pretty common sense that Orton isnt the problem on the team but that a change needed to be made to prepare the young guy for the future. No sense taking a chance and getting Orton hurt in a pointless season when THAT could hurt his trade value more than just sitting him the rest of the year.

Elevation inc
11-23-2010, 09:43 AM
guys orton is a chump....dude quit yesterday has a horrible record......turns the ball over in key points of games....i hope to god he is gone after i saw him quit yesterday....i want him gone, i guarentee you tebow would never quit like that ever.......and im not even a huge tebow fan, but i do know tebow wins games scores TD's, and never quits

Nomad
11-23-2010, 10:06 AM
Denver needs to know what they have on this team for the future. Orton has shown he can run Mcd's beloved system but doesn't have the intangibles to make plays when the system breaks down. We need to know what we have in Tebow.

Denver needs to evaluate everything and everybody. Play Tebow, McBath, Decker and some of the other young guys on our team to see if they are worth keeping.

We did find out that Decker can't cover/defend on special teams, I believe that was the key momentum changer of the game!! Overall, I agree!!

MileHighCrew
11-23-2010, 10:11 AM
Decker made a rookie mistake. Yes it was a big one but that will happen. Tebow would make mistakes too, but you can't get better without playing. You can learn from the sidelines but you need to get into the game sometimes.

Nomad
11-23-2010, 10:19 AM
Decker made a rookie mistake. Yes it was a big one but that will happen. Tebow would make mistakes too, but you can't get better without playing. You can learn from the sidelines but you need to get into the game sometimes.

Could of been a mistake or it could of been a sign that he can't cover!! No big deal though it was huge in the game!! It's pretty obvious experience will only make a person better......that's in all faucets of life!!

MileHighCrew
11-23-2010, 10:25 AM
Was it Decker's mistake as a rookie or was it coaching? I don't know

BroncoStud
11-23-2010, 10:40 AM
Was it Decker's mistake as a rookie or was it coaching? I don't know

Looked like both to me. He hadn't been told how to react to that situation. He looked confused and it pretty much ended the game at that point. It was a good call by the Chargers but the Broncos had the package to stop it.

MileHighCrew
11-23-2010, 10:42 AM
Ended the game? Wasn't it 7-0 Broncos at that point?

Mike
11-23-2010, 10:44 AM

Killed momentum for the Broncos and gave momentum to the Chargers...got the fans into the game. It is pathetic, but I don't think the Broncos ever recovered from it.

BroncoStud
11-23-2010, 10:44 AM

Yep, and San Diego had adjusted to our offense and defense. The game was over when it was 7-7.

MileHighCrew
11-23-2010, 10:49 AM
If they lost that game off a rookie mistake when winning 7-0 then everyone needs to be fired.
Orton for quitting
McD for being in over his head
Dawkins for not making any plays and giving up 14 point himself.
Champ for playing 10 yards off all the time and getting beat and looking like he was selling himself to the Bolts in the second half
Knowshon for getting arm tackled and getting up smiling and high 5ing the defender that could bring him down with a limp wrist

oh and Decker for not covering Tolbert. because he cost them the game........

GEM
11-23-2010, 10:49 AM
Decker has made other ST's plays that show that it was a mistake. If he continually made the mistakes over and over again, then he should be called out. It's like someone in another thread said....he either goes after the kicker or goes after the runner...he can't do both and I didn't see another single Bronco out there to help him out.

MileHighCrew
11-23-2010, 10:51 AM
I'm not saying it wasn't a huge f-up. And I was pissed too, but Decker wasn't the reason they lost the game.

jhildebrand
11-23-2010, 11:49 AM
Don't start him. That would be unfair to Orton.

Since when is this team or FO worried about fair? :confused:

Was it fair how they treated Al Wilson and Steve Atwater at the end of ther career's? How about Sharpe? Was it fair to actively seek a trade with Cutler and then pretend you were "just answering the phone?"

Fair doesn't matter. Orton cannot and will not get it done. We have reached the ceiling with Orton.

jhildebrand
11-23-2010, 11:53 AM
In my opinion you have to play Tebow. If McDaniels is willing to play him some plays here and there I don't think he can then revert to the theory he isn't ready and try to stash him on the sideline. I wouldn't want Tebow to come in on mop up duty at the end of the game. However, I would fully expect to see Tebow start and play from here on out.

I just don't think it will happen. Tebow is McD's insurance policy and job security. The smart thing is play the guy and let him cut his teeth in a season and live games that all but don't matter. I would rather waste these games than the first 12 of the next season.

weazel
11-23-2010, 12:11 PM
Start Tebow? you might as well start Moreno at QB. Tebow isn't ready, throwing him in now would do more harm than good

jhildebrand
11-23-2010, 12:19 PM
Start Tebow? you might as well start Moreno at QB. Tebow isn't ready, throwing him in now would do more harm than good

Then that would involve the Tebow supporters actually admitting he isn't worth a 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th pick then!

Most #1's demand production in year one on any team in today's NFL.

If you are going to spend a 1, 2, 3, and 4 on a guy-HE DAMN WELL BETTER BE READY! :mad:

If he is good enough to get the ball at mid field at 7-7 in a game as crucial as this, then it stands to reason he is ready. If he isn't he has no damn business getting the ball in that situation.

BroncoNut
11-23-2010, 12:29 PM
3-7 ouch.

Nomad
11-23-2010, 12:33 PM
3-7 ouch.

That means I still have a shot at getting my prediction of 9-7 right!!:D

TXBRONC
11-23-2010, 12:48 PM
That means I still have a shot at getting my prediction of 9-7 right!!:D

Well for at least one more week. :D

Nomad
11-23-2010, 12:55 PM
Well for at least one more week. :D

I'll bury my head in the snow if the BRONCOS lose to the Rams at home!!

Northman
11-23-2010, 01:05 PM
The Rams could easily beat us, i wouldnt call that a definite win for us.

Nomad
11-23-2010, 01:07 PM

You're right no game is a guarantee but I do expect them to win because it's at Mile High!!

horsepig
11-23-2010, 01:19 PM
Logically you're using a sound argument, but the pretense is false. His value will remain, even using him sparingly Orton already has 3,000 yards. And plenty of tape for coaches and general managers to go off of. So they'll know that he was well on his way beyond 4,000 yards for the season...we're not expecting a first round pick for him anyways, at most he would bring a second round pick and his value will likely remain. Look at Charlie Whitehurst, he had little experience and no stats to speak of but Seattle still traded a second round pick for him; teams looking to win sooner rather then later will bite.

Tebow on the other hand is a first round pick, and usually a quarterback goes through many hardships and lumps their first season as the starter and we base their future of what we see that is promising from them. If Tebow starts next season, then we will likely go through another horrid season and so we'll not likely see a real improvement until 2012, which could hinder us even worse...because you can only learn so much from the bench, especially when losing! I'd rather see him start for a quarter of a season and be better his first full year as a starter rather then watch him go through all the ups and downs and the team suffer for one more then needed.

Maybe by 2012 we'll have the orange jerseys.

BroncoStud
11-23-2010, 01:48 PM

The Rams beat the Chargers... :elefant:

ImporT_ProphetZ
11-24-2010, 09:16 PM
Play Tebow!

Lancane
11-24-2010, 09:22 PM
I'll bury my head in the snow if the BRONCOS lose to the Rams at home!!

Be prepared because we want photographic proof! :lol:

spikerman
11-24-2010, 09:33 PM
Here's a scary thought. What if McDaniels knows that his future is tied to Tebow, but has come to realize that he isn't anywhere close to being ready, and may never be? If that's the case it would explain why he won't give him any meaningful time. Obviously I'm just spitballing, but it's something I'm beginning to wonder.

Lancane
11-24-2010, 09:48 PM
Here's a scary thought. What if McDaniels knows that his future is tied to Tebow, but has come to realize that he isn't anywhere close to being ready, and may never be? If that's the case it would explain why he won't give him any meaningful time. Obviously I'm just spitballing, but it's something I'm beginning to wonder.

Actually it's been up for debate a few times now. He banked on the kid being able to play the quarterback position, however...I've watched film on Tebow, and I feel he's capable...but he needs coached on how to release the ball quicker with better control, how to plant his feet using his hips more with his momentum and I also think he needs to learn how to pump fake because of his size because he's easy to read.

claymore
11-25-2010, 11:37 AM
Start Tebow.

Dont care if its fair to Orton. He is not the future, and his potential trade value wont eclipse the 3rd round.

We have decisions to make, and need to know what we have in Tebow in order to know how to make some of those decisions.

Shazam!
11-25-2010, 12:37 PM
Tt MUST play so if there is an incoming HC he has real gametime footage to see if Denver has a franchise QB in place. Because if they do, Denver is an attractive job.

This isnt a shot at Orton either. His trade value is fine with 3,000 yds in 10 starts. His value is firm.

If TT is to be the future, he's gtg NOW.

MileHighCrew
11-25-2010, 01:38 PM
And I don't care if McD wants to play Tebow now, or he is holding onto that last card. Pat wouldn't be the first owner to tell a coach to play a QB, ask Jeff Fisher.