PDA

View Full Version : IAOFM - Gut Reactions - Week 11, Broncos-Chargers

itsalloverfatman
11-23-2010, 12:03 AM
Gut Reactions - Week 11, Broncos-Chargers
TJ "The Dude" Johnson Nov 22, 2010 11:46 PM

The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step.

Unless you forget to take the second. Then you simply fall on your ass.

Tonight the Broncos started fast. Once the Chargers adjusted, however (putting more guys in the box), Denver's excellent adventure turned bogus.

And we didn't even get a cameo from Keanu Reeves. Damn, dude.

What started as a fake punt quickly turned into a nightmare of missed tackles, blown assignments, penalties, dropped passes, and desperate gadget calls. In other words, outside of a few good weeks, more of the same.

Last week the Broncos were the ones who had two weeks to prepare for their opponent. This week, it was the Chargers who had the additional time. Honestly, though, they didn't need it, so I hope they spent at least half of that time prepping for the Colts.

Time didn't beat the Broncos. As we've seen again and again, the Broncos beat themselves.

Get your mock drafts ready.

The most frustrating part of tonight's game (and the turning point) was watching Denver go up 7-0, only to stupidly succumb to a fake punt. It works in Pee-Wee league; it works in junior high and high school; heck, sometimes, it even works in college. But against the best players in the world?

I guess those players don't reside in Denver.

Before I imagine how bad this could have been if Antonio Gates and Vincent Jackson played tonight, let's just get to The Positive, The Negative, and The Who-The-Heck Knows?

Positives

1) Can an opening drive be scripted any better? The Broncos were crisp out of the huddle, created great tempo, and mixed up the run and pass. The Broncos showed their 221 personnel package (2 RB, 2 TE,1 WR) on the drive, which is a package they rarely use. Ryan Clady, Zane Beadles, and Chris Kuper once again did an excellent job. Of course, the defense quickly adjusted, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a good thing to see.

2) Nice use of the play action by McDaniels early in the game, which included pulling Zane Beadles. For those folks that may not know, middle linebackers are often taught to key off of the guard. When Beadles pulled, they were certain they were seeing a run--until they weren't. Great calls by McDaniels to open up the middle of the field.

3) Do you think Knowshon Moreno is cognizant of not putting the ball on the ground? Got to love how he used two hands after facing contact tonight.

4) No DUI's this week!

5) The rumors of Champ Bailey's imminent decline have declined.

6) 35-14 is better than 59-14. Suckers!

7) Phil Rivers was a fat little kid.

8) Our quarterback didn't slice tendons in his thumb, throw his uniform into the stands, argue with his coach, and then bolt for his hybrid in the parking like--at least, I think he didn't.

9) 3rd down could have been worse, Broncos fans. They could have been 0 for 11. Instead, they were 1 for 11. Meanwhile, the Chargers were 7 for 14.

10) The defense can't get any older without signing Bill Romanowski. But I have a feeling Romo would have at least wrapped up tonight--after injecting himself with animal urine at halftime.

For the rest, head over to IAOFM...

Gut Reactions - Week 11, Broncos-Chargers (http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/gut-reactions-week-11-broncos-chargers)

BroncoStud
11-23-2010, 12:07 AM
1-11 on 3rd down LOL. What a joke.

Krugan
11-23-2010, 12:13 AM
We need a weekly DUI from a defensive player, and 16 bye weeks to go along with every week we play.

This team needs so much help.

robert ethan
11-23-2010, 12:16 AM
...with the players on hand. It is about dead last in the league, statistically.

Martindale has been a total failure as a co-ordinator. Apparently the players like him. Broncos players and the players on the other teams in the league.:tsk: