PDA

View Full Version : Elvis Dumervil

topscribe
08-21-2008, 12:17 PM
Here is his blog this week:

-----

It’s great to be done with training camp and get into our regular season
schedule. You’ve got more down time to get your body healed back up.
You can eat more and get your weight back to where you want it — get
your body right. It’s a great because the real deal is about to start, and
that’s what it’s all about. I got through camp healthy, so I thank God about
that.

It’s all progressed great. You’ve got guys, your teammates, that you go
through blood and sweat with in the offseason. I’ve seen the committment
that most people don’t see. You’re out there everyday in the offseason,
working out. Now when you go out there in the game and see guys
producing, it’s a good feeling. We’re excited. The coaches are excited.
We’re happy with our packages and our scheme. I think the personnel is
right where it should be. We’ve still got competition going. It’s a great deal,
and I’m excited about that.

I’m approaching this game against the Packers like it’s a regular season
game because next week in that last game, we, the starters, won’t really
dress for it. This is my last deal, as far as the preseason, to tune
everything up. I’m going out there to give it all I’ve got.

And now on to some of your questions since I couldn’t last week.

West Coast (http://blog.denverbroncos.com/dumervil/2008/08/13/taking-on-the-cowboys/#comment-124): I’m more excited this year because we’ve got a couple of
guys now that have all played together, so we have that experience. The
second-year guys have had another year to get better and develop. This
scheme is all about stopping the run. You know I’m a guy who loves to rush
the passer, but if you can’t stop the run, you never get a chance to rush
the quarterback. Coaches always say you’ve got to earn the right to rush
the passer. I think as far as this year we’ll get more pass rush opportunities
because we’re going to stop the run.

To everyone who wanted me to get a sack against the Cowboys: With
that sack, it was great coverage by our guys first and foremost. The
quarterback was standing back there for a while because of that. I kind of
got off around the corner and just kept pushing. The quarterback had a
couple resets, and I was able to get to him. That was a great deal. It felt
good.

(http://blog.denverbroncos.com/dumervil/2008/08/13/taking-on-the-cowboys/#comment-137)Dave888259 (http://blog.denverbroncos.com/dumervil/2008/08/13/taking-on-the-cowboys/#comment-137): I appreciate the support man. Thanks for getting that jersey.
I’d love to look up and see a bunch of #92s in the stands. Most of the
time, the D-line doesn’t get any love, as far as jersey sales. That’s a good
deal. I’ll definitely play my part and make you proud to wear the jersey

To the several people who asked about how Clady has looked: He’s great.
For years to come, he’s going to be one of those left tackles that
continues to get in the Pro Bowl. I have a lot of expectations for him. He
came in, and I think he handled the situation very well, to come in as a
starter. He’s poised. He doesn’t get rattled. He’s coachable. He’s athletic.
He has a lot of upside. I expect him to be great for years to come.

(http://blog.denverbroncos.com/dumervil/2008/08/06/moving-forward/#comment-88)rodsmithrules (http://blog.denverbroncos.com/dumervil/2008/08/06/moving-forward/#comment-88): You see those training camp fights and things happen all
over, but you just don’t see them happen here. First, the guys here, we’re
tight as friends. We’re more than just teammates. We’re a brotherhood.
Guys are really close off the field. At the same time, you can get hot in
situations. Competitions arise and in the heat of the moment, things can
get crazy. But it starts with our Head Coach. Shanahan has zero tolerance
for that. Guys know they have to conduct themselves well. This is a first
class organization, and I think that carries out onto the field. It’s a
mindset. You have to be prepared, and Shanahan always prepares us for
those types of situations.

See you next week

Retrieved 21Aug2008 from http://blog.denverbroncos.com/dumervil/2008/08/20/almost-there/

Copyright © 2008 Denver Broncos

Be sure to visit the Denver Broncos Official Website (http://www.denverbroncos.com/index.php) for Broncos news and
other fun stuff.

-----

Dr Velcro
08-21-2008, 12:29 PM
That's my boy.:cool:

Tebow4Ever
08-21-2008, 12:49 PM
a classact..Dumervil is going to have a monster year this year. Definately one of the up and coming leaders on the D IMO. 7-10 Sacks this year for him and plenty of pressure on the QB.

TXBRONC
08-21-2008, 12:59 PM
a classact..Dumervil is going to have a monster year this year. Definately one of the up and coming leaders on the D IMO. 7-10 Sacks this year for him and plenty of pressure on the QB.

I think he will have double digit sacks.

Dr Velcro
08-21-2008, 01:02 PM

I know he will have double digit sacks.

Tebow4Ever
08-21-2008, 01:45 PM

I know he's a great player, but You really think Doubit digit? i was thinking right around the 10 sack mark. Our linebackers arent the greatest. So i think we will get run on quite a bit this year.Meaning less time the QB is back there in the pocket..

Dr Velcro
08-21-2008, 01:46 PM
I know he's a great player, but You really think Doubit digit? i was thinking right around the 10 sack mark. Our linebackers arent the greatest. So i think we will get run on quite a bit this year.Meaning less time the QB is back there in the pocket..

13, sir.

BroncoFanatic
08-21-2008, 01:52 PM

So he's going to regress this season? :shocked:

Definately double digits :beer:

topscribe
08-21-2008, 01:56 PM

Doom got 12½ sacks last year. Why, then, would he not get double-digit
again this year?

I don't really think the LBs are a factor in this, but I have to disagree also
about them. Between D.J. and Boss, I believe the Broncos are very well set
at OLB, and the depth is out there, too, as Winborn and Beck are proving
right now. I do hope that MLB is at least average, but if it is we will have a
strong LB corps.

-----

Tebow4Ever
08-21-2008, 02:02 PM
So he's going to regress this season? :shocked:

Definately double digits :beer:

I wouldnt say regress No..He's a one hell of a DE..I just dont know about double digit sacks..Though its not out of the question...its just..A Sack is on the QB not the RB..So if they run the ball, Thats less time for a DE to get at the QB once the ball is handed off...right?

G_Money
08-21-2008, 02:53 PM

How much we get run on depends on the opponent, and how much we score. The Good Old Days were filled with Broncos teams that put up 20+ points every game in the first half and then spent the second half with long, time-consuming drives that forced other teams to throw the ball to try to catch up.

It looks like we might have the passing game to have a strike-fast offense again and if we can put up enough points - and can stop third down conversions at SOME sort of reasonable rate - then we can put other teams in a tough position of having to pass, and then maybe we can pin our ears back and do some damage.

It'd sure be nice to have our opponents put under some pressure again, that's for sure. :coffee: I'm sure Doom would like it.

~G

NightTrainLayne
08-21-2008, 02:53 PM
I noticed that this is copyright material produced by Dumervil himself. .. maybe out of respect to him and the Broncos organization, we should just link to it instead of posting the whole thing.

:/sarcasm:

Great read. I like him responding to some of the fan comments. That takes some guts to wade into that stuff.

jhns
08-21-2008, 03:42 PM
I wouldnt say regress No..He's a one hell of a DE..I just dont know about double digit sacks..Though its not out of the question...its just..A Sack is on the QB not the RB..So if they run the ball, Thats less time for a DE to get at the QB once the ball is handed off...right?

Why would we get run on more this season than last season? We where one of the worst teams in the league against the run last year and had people constantly running on us. Dum got 12 1/2 sacks with that. I know for a fact we won't be as bad in run defense as we where last year, so I'm not getting your points.

topscribe
08-21-2008, 05:40 PM
I noticed that this is copyright material produced by Dumervil himself. .. maybe out of respect to him and the Broncos organization, we should just link to it instead of posting the whole thing.

:/sarcasm:

Great read. I like him responding to some of the fan comments. That takes some guts to wade into that stuff.

I know you said that tongue-in-cheek, but I do have personal permission,
on behalf of the board, from the Denver Broncos, to post it. :smile:

-----

gobroncsnv
08-21-2008, 07:12 PM
Why would we get run on more this season than last season? We where one of the worst teams in the league against the run last year and had people constantly running on us. Dum got 12 1/2 sacks with that. I know for a fact we won't be as bad in run defense as we where last year, so I'm not getting your points.

The fact of it remains to be seen, but I agree with your premise. We're better at DT now, and Webster/Niko at MLB is better than Gold... (sorry, bad pun)

omac
08-21-2008, 07:31 PM
Anyone else hearing the voice of Warren Sapp while reading it? :D

One thing that stood out is how he mentioned the Broncos as a first class organization. They have a sense of pride. You hear of Steve Smith sucker punching his teammate; the Dolphins' Will Allen trying to put a beatdown on teammate (and former Bronco) Kircus, who though was in a fetal position was laughing since he had his helmet on. And I don't see the Broncos ever retaliating from a cheap shot during a game. They carry themselves with dignity; not a bunch of thugs.

Hoshdude7
08-21-2008, 08:11 PM
i really wish we had a big tough MLB :(

nevcraw
08-21-2008, 08:13 PM
Truthfully, I can't see how they won't be a lot better on Defense. Continuity alone will make for a huge improvement. The same guys playing together all offseason, (none of this drunken late night grocery shopping for twinkies (adams) and Ho ho's (Rice) just to wake up feeling like crap (see 07 D)), and with a scheme that suits the players.
Even a modest improvement on run D = more pass rush opportunites = more sacks -or- more INT's = more scoring opprtunities.
Or so the theory goes..

Dr Velcro
08-22-2008, 08:09 AM
No matter where you put Elvis...be it a linebacker (he's done well there too), DE or pass rusher...

He's a team player with a class-A professional attitude.
I've seen him play while in college & would go to watch them during practice.

He's very personable & smart. He listens to what he's told. He's respectful & humble to the fact that he's doing this for a living. He's so easy to work with and I'm telling you, after you've seen him strip sack a few times....wow. His arm span is insane given his height. Everybody underestimates the man, until they see him in his zone.

Personally, I think he'll outshine Freeney in his career.
As a Colts fan, I can't believe I just said that.

And it's not going to be unusual for you guys to see him @ around 20 sacks with tackles to match.

You guys are so lucky to have him.

One of my all time favorites.

And I've dropped a link to this video of Elvis at his house.

Note the RED walls...as everyone should have a red room :)
He hasn't forgotten his roots.
Go Cards....
http://www.blinkx.com/video/get-to-know-broncos-de-elvis-dumervil/W3phEDZniWNph1F9smqDXw

Also...one of him doing what all players should do....giving back to the community.
http://www.blinkx.com/video/denver-bronco-gives-back-on-bye-week/0pVIhweOXis1IGXSFplZSA

Sorry...I just enjoy the man. He reminds me of why I love football.

Superchop 7
08-22-2008, 07:53 PM
i really wish we had a big tough MLB :(

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________

Amen to that.

Superchop 7
08-22-2008, 08:12 PM
No matter where you put Elvis...be it a linebacker (he's done well there too), DE or pass rusher...

He's a team player with a class-A professional attitude.
I've seen him play while in college & would go to watch them during practice.

He's very personable & smart. He listens to what he's told. He's respectful & humble to the fact that he's doing this for a living. He's so easy to work with and I'm telling you, after you've seen him strip sack a few times....wow. His arm span is insane given his height. Everybody underestimates the man, until they see him in his zone.

Personally, I think he'll outshine Freeney in his career.
As a Colts fan, I can't believe I just said that.

And it's not going to be unusual for you guys to see him @ around 20 sacks with tackles to match.

You guys are so lucky to have him.

One of my all time favorites.

And I've dropped a link to this video of Elvis at his house.

Note the RED walls...as everyone should have a red room :)
He hasn't forgotten his roots.
Go Cards....
http://www.blinkx.com/video/get-to-know-broncos-de-elvis-dumervil/W3phEDZniWNph1F9smqDXw

Also...one of him doing what all players should do....giving back to the community.
http://www.blinkx.com/video/denver-bronco-gives-back-on-bye-week/0pVIhweOXis1IGXSFplZSA

Sorry...I just enjoy the man. He reminds me of why I love football.

__________________________________________________ __________________

"I saw a change (for the better) in Dove Valley when they drafted Elvis, they finally gave the "proper" amount of respect to on-field performance.

And it continues today, character and on-field performance grade out just as high as combine results.

"Good" people making the most of their abilities, thats what I love about the game.