PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Forums 2008 pick'em challenge

fcspikeit
08-20-2008, 11:37 PM
Hi all,

I haven't posted much the last couple months, but I am still here and I wanted everyone to know I am planing on running the pick'em league again this year... That is unless for some reason you'll don't want me to?

I went through and set the spreadsheet to auto calculate our picks, I also set it to calculate our winning pick %. Although it will have no bearing on the season winner, I thought that it would be a cool idea. It will let everyone know who is actually the most accurate with their picks, instead of in most cases, who always got their picks in on time :D

It took me a couple hours to remember how to use spreadsheet, then set the season up but I am glad to run it for everyone again this year and I hope its as much fun as last year!

Last year, Tned gave the weekly winners a gift certificate and I believe it was Reid who made the winners sigs for the week? As of right now there will be no weekly prizes given out. If anyone wants to make the weekly winners a small sig for the week and or give out some sort of prize, please post your ideas and intent of good will here.

I am willing to send the season winner a prize at the end of the season. If others are also willing to do that, the winner could end up with a lot of cool Broncos gear.

Please post your thoughts...

dogfish
08-20-2008, 11:59 PM
awesome!

it's a lot of fun-- thanks for setting it up again!

:beer:

honz
08-21-2008, 12:03 AM
How does this work exactly? And can everybody play?

Lonestar
08-21-2008, 12:05 AM
Perhaps someone else would like to do the prize thingy..

As Tned has been overly generous IMHO of giving his time and money to keep this happy hunting ground going..:salute:

Tned
08-21-2008, 12:40 AM
Perhaps someone else would like to do the prize thingy..

As Tned has been overly generous IMHO of giving his time and money to keep this happy hunting ground going..:salute:

Thanks Jr, but I had every intention of sponsoring the Pickem challenge with prizes again this year. I was hoping that Fc would run it again, so this thread is good news.

In fact, I just finished preparing a sort of state of Broncosforums email that just went out that describes some of the recent and upcoming happenings at BF that our less frequent visitors might not know about. I included that weekly winners for our pickem would get an Amazon gift certificate.

Many, Many thanks to fc for agreeing to run it again this year.

T

LordTrychon
08-21-2008, 01:03 AM

No. :coffee:

;)

sneakers
08-21-2008, 01:30 AM
Awesome, thanks FC!

Hopefully I can do better than a tie for third place this year. :cool:

WARHORSE
08-21-2008, 04:17 AM
What I gotta do?

broncophan
08-21-2008, 05:26 AM
thanks.....looking forward to trying to pick the winners each week...

Skinny
08-21-2008, 06:08 AM
Thanks fc and Tned. Looking forward to this again, it was alof fun last year. .

I have'nt used my prize from last year yet cause between that one and all the ones i win this year, i am going to put them together and buy a new car.

Prepared to be owned. :heh:

Northman
08-21-2008, 07:01 AM
awesome. Sounds great.

broncos9697
08-21-2008, 07:36 AM
thank you once again,mcant wait to try this agian I did fair last season..but the main thing had lots of fun..

dogfish
08-21-2008, 07:41 AM
What I gotta do?

just pick the broncos every week. . . . :heh:

underrated29
08-21-2008, 10:26 AM
GOOD CALL fc, tned.

This year i will be sure to get in every week. Hey tned, when i go undefeated this year, you can just get me the flat screen HD you owe me, instead of the amazon gift cards. I will call it even. I would definitely do that for you, but not some of the other crazys' on here like LT. :wink:

LRtagger
08-21-2008, 10:30 AM
sweeeeet count me in

Stargazer
08-21-2008, 10:32 AM
I'll be playing.

Just have to remember to make my picks for every week.

Tned
08-21-2008, 10:51 AM
GOOD CALL fc, tned.

This year i will be sure to get in every week. Hey tned, when i go undefeated this year, you can just get me the flat screen HD you owe me, instead of the amazon gift cards. I will call it even. I would definitely do that for you, but not some of the other crazys' on here like LT. :wink:

Hmmm, let me think about that one. Win 17 weeks straight....

LRtagger
08-21-2008, 10:54 AM
Hmmm, let me think about that one. Win 17 weeks straight....

2009 season tickets :elefant:

honz
08-21-2008, 11:11 AM
No. :coffee:

;)
:sad:

Tned
08-21-2008, 11:21 AM
2009 season tickets :elefant:

If I had those, I would be flying out to Denver 8 times a year, plus hopefully some playoff games :D

broncosfanscott
08-21-2008, 12:41 PM
I am totally in on this. Let the games begin.

Thanks fcspikeit and Tned for setting this all up because I know the time/money that goes into this. :salute:

fcspikeit
08-21-2008, 05:33 PM

Yes, any member of Broncos Forums can play.

Its pretty simple really, I'll post the thread at the beginning of each week, You then will pick the winner of each game and post your prediction's. Also, in the thread it will explain how to post your predictions..

fcspikeit
08-21-2008, 05:42 PM
What I gotta do?

I will post the pick'em thread at the beginning of the week before the first regular season game. All you have to do is post your predictions. I will then take your predictions along with everyone else's and post every ones results after the Monday night game is played, right before I post the next weeks pick'em..

I will keep every ones season total to determine the over all season winner..

The season standings along with each members past weeks score will be posted each week in the pick'em season standings thread..

Hobe
08-21-2008, 05:50 PM
Sounds good! Thanks a lot!!!

fcspikeit
08-21-2008, 06:05 PM
Something that would be very helpful to me is if everyone who plans on playing this year that didn't play last year, would send me a pm letting me know you plan on playing.

I know we have a lot of new members from the freak who wasn't with us for last years pick'em. Every time a new player makes predictions I have to ad them to my spreadsheet for each upcoming week. I have the spreadsheet set to auto calculate each members picks. It gets tricky when you have to add new members who are not on every sheet. In other wards, the totals from row 37 in week 1 has to combine with the totals of row 42 in week 2 if I have to add 4 new players Don't get me wrong, it can be done. However, If I do it wrong it will totally mess up everyone's totals :)

It takes time to add new players is all. So if everyone who knows now that they want to play that didn't play last year, will send me a PM I will get a jump start on adding them to the spreadsheet and working up the formula that will correctly calculate their totals, which will look something like this,,

" =COUNTIF(C4,C2)+COUNTIF(D4,D2)+COUNTIF(E4,E2)+COUN TIF(F4,F2)+COUNTIF(G4,G2)+COUNTIF(H4,H2)+COUNTIF(I 4,I2)+COUNTIF(J4,J2)+COUNTIF(K4,K2)+COUNTIF(L4,L2) +COUNTIF(M4,M2)+COUNTIF(N4,N2)+COUNTIF(O4,O2)+COUN TIF(P4,P2)+COUNTIF(Q4,Q2)+COUNTIF(T4,T2)"

That will have to be done for each week, (17 total) for every new member + the total page which adds all 17 weeks together for each member :D

Thanks in advance!