PDA

View Full Version : Why Im Excited.........

WARHORSE
08-20-2008, 10:03 PM
Although I love what Ive seen from Cutler already, thats not what has me geared for the season.

What has me eager with anticipation is what I saw from the Oline in the Dallas game.

This line cut an entire Dallas defensive front down like a weed eater does grass. Did anyone notice that at the goaline, our entire offensive line got push?

Its been a long time since Ive seen our goaline offense move into the endzone in unison on a nice quick dive.

Not only are we gonna be moving the ball between the 20s, we are also going to be scoring alot more touchdowns.

Leave me alone now please. Time for my nap soon.:coffee:

BeefStew25
08-20-2008, 10:08 PM
Although I love what Ive seen from Cutler already, thats not what has me geared for the season.

What has me eager with anticipation is what I saw from the Oline in the Dallas game.

This line cut an entire Dallas defensive front down like a weed eater does grass. Did anyone notice that at the goaline, our entire offensive line got push?

Its been a long time since Ive seen our goaline offense move into the endzone in unison on a nice quick dive.

Not only are we gonna be moving the ball between the 20s, we are also going to be scoring alot more touchdowns.

On goal line situations, I want everyone in the joint to know the ball is going to go behind Clady. He can be that good.

gobroncsnv
08-20-2008, 10:08 PM
Was Holland in when they did that? If I understood correctly, he only ran with the second team. If he gets back to last year's level, all the better.
(I will finally get the game taped on Thursday's replay so I can see it!)

BeefStew25
08-20-2008, 10:09 PM

Oh, and War, I :salute: you and I :salute: your passion!

Tebow4Ever
08-20-2008, 10:09 PM
Its such a mix and match Oline. But I agree, it was nice to see Andre Hall bust through for what 7 yards for a TD? We were several games into the season last year when a RB had score from within the redzone on a running play. This year as mentioned its been done in a preseason game against the cowgirls. Thats no laughing matter. I think Clady is a great fit on that line and I hope we can continue to see the line hold up on the goal line..

Tned
08-20-2008, 10:12 PM
Not just a push, but Clady has gone up against williams and ware. The offensive line which is still learning to play and play together has shown better pass protection skills than we have seen in a long time.

WARHORSE
08-20-2008, 10:22 PM
Oh, and War, I :salute: you and I :salute: your passion!

OH BUOY!:salute:DONT GET ME GOING!:salute:IM ON A ROLL BAYBEE!:salute:LOOK AT ME NOW MA!:salute:

BeefStew25
08-20-2008, 10:25 PM
OH BUOY!:salute:

War, if we were in person, I would kiss you deeply, then we would bang our heads against a wall and then go eat a steak on the beach.

I :salute: your kissing ability, I :salute: your head banging, and I :salute: your ability to know the difference between mid rare and mid rare plus.

WARHORSE
08-20-2008, 10:27 PM
Was Holland in when they did that? If I understood correctly, he only ran with the second team. If he gets back to last year's level, all the better.

I believe it was Clady, Hamilton, Weigman, Kuper and Harris. And they flat manhandled the Dallas front.

Just think, if this line comes together, it will be dominating the AFC WEST for yearssssssssssssss. Hamilton can move to center right now if he had to, and Holland and Kupes will man the guard slots. Harris struggled with pass protection early on, but this dude is a road grader.

Uh-huh.....go baby......uh-huh...Im happy.http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/warhorse001/barneyspank.gif

BeefStew25
08-20-2008, 10:29 PM
I believe it was Clady, Hamilton, Weigman, Kuper and Harris. And they flat manhandled the Dallas front.

Just think, if this line comes together, it will be dominating the AFC WEST for yearssssssssssssss. Hamilton can move to center right now if he had to, and Holland and Kupes will man the guard slots. Harris struggled with pass protection early on, but this dude is a road grader.

Uh-huh.....go baby......uh-huh...Im happy.http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/warhorse001/barneyspank.gif

Plus we have than Licky dude. I don't follow the offensive and defensive line. You tell me what to think. Ivan shoot basket.

WARHORSE
08-20-2008, 10:31 PM
Heres another piece of news that makes you want to watch football: Andre Hall, in an interview at Denverbroncos.com, said Patrick Hillis is his boy. He said most fullbacks hit, and stop, or twist and turn to the side. He said Hillis hits, and drives guys downfield. He ALSO said, that Hillis DEFINITELY has the best hands of all the backs, and may just have the best hands on the entire offense.

Take that to Phillip Rivers noggin.......:salute:

WARHORSE
08-20-2008, 10:31 PM
Plus we have than Licky dude. I don't follow the offensive and defensive line. You tell me what to think. Ivan shoot basket.

lol..........

pnbronco
08-20-2008, 10:35 PM

Not yet.

Glad your happy War, nice to see. There is a different feel this year. I'm trying to not get too excited, but I did hear myself let out some major whopps at the game. So why are you still up, I thought it was nap time....

Skinny
08-20-2008, 10:36 PM
They did perform much better. The O-line should get a good test in pass protection this friday with GB. Apperantly their not happy with their pass rush (http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080820/PKR01/80820176/1058) so far this pre-season and will be looking to turn up the heat on opposing QBs in the next two games.

Gbaja-Biamila has'nt practiced all training camp and is questionable but Aaron Kampman will be another solid test and preperation for the OTs.

WARHORSE
08-20-2008, 10:38 PM
Not yet.

Glad your happy War, nice to see. There is a different feel this year. I'm trying to not get too excited, but I did hear myself let out some major whopps at the game. So why are you still up, I thought it was nap time....

Yep. I eager for some Bronco football.

As for my nap.
My hammock kept rockin, and then my mai tai spilled on accident into my mouth.

DenBronx
08-20-2008, 10:46 PM
i expected clady to be a beast on the oline....but harris is the one thats shocking me. its awesome to see hom transition to rt and be a mauler. i didnt see that coming at all, in fact i though harris was going to struggle to at least get playing time. good to see him proving me wrong. :salute: if these guys play like this all the time cutler is going to have all the time in the world, thus scoring all kinds of touchdowns. i love it!

DenBronx
08-20-2008, 10:49 PM
Yep. I eager for some Bronco football.

As for my nap.
My hammock kept rockin, and then my mai tai spilled on accident into my mouth.

that sounds kinky...please war keep it in the lounge....keep it in the lounge. :salute:

BeefStew25
08-20-2008, 10:50 PM
but harris is the one thats shocking me. its awesome to see hom transition to rt and be a mauler. i didnt see that coming at all, in fact i though harris was going to struggle to at least get playing time. good to see him proving me wrong.

Kinda proves you can't throw the baby out with the bath water after a dude has been in the league one year, you know? *cough* Moss *cough*

DenBronx
08-20-2008, 10:52 PM
Kinda proves you can't throw the baby out with the bath water after a dude has been in the league one year, you know? *cough* Moss *cough*

very true....but bief your talking about bronco fans....we want a super bowl over night. :laugh:

BeefStew25
08-20-2008, 10:53 PM
very true....but bief your talking about bronco fans....we want a super bowl over night. :laugh:

We need a 1-15 season to weed out the ADD fans.

So, how about in 2077?

DenBronx
08-20-2008, 10:57 PM
We need a 1-15 season to weed out the ADD fans.

So, how about in 2077?

i'll be 100 years old!!! what a way to go out!

Tned
08-20-2008, 10:58 PM
i expected clady to be a beast on the oline....but harris is the one thats shocking me. its awesome to see hom transition to rt and be a mauler. i didnt see that coming at all, in fact i though harris was going to struggle to at least get playing time. good to see him proving me wrong. :salute: if these guys play like this all the time cutler is going to have all the time in the world, thus scoring all kinds of touchdowns. i love it!

We all know we have to take a lot of what Shanahan says with a grain of salt, but after Lepsis retired, he said he was very comfortable with Harris at LT for '08 season and was not worried about the O-line.

Now, the fact he then drafted Clady says that he clearly thought the O-line could be upgraded, but if he wasn't completely blowing smoke about Harris at LT, then that could indicate that we might have two good tackles to protect Cutler for quite a few years.

Scarface
08-20-2008, 11:00 PM
This is going to be us on offense this year:

http://craigouthier.freedomblogging.com/files/2008/04/rambo.jpg

DenBronx
08-20-2008, 11:01 PM
We all know we have to take a lot of what Shanahan says with a grain of salt, but after Lepsis retired, he said he was very comfortable with Harris at LT for '08 season and was not worried about the O-line.

Now, the fact he then drafted Clady says that he clearly thought the O-line could be upgraded, but if he wasn't completely blowing smoke about Harris at LT, then that could indicate that we might have two good tackles to protect Cutler for quite a few years.

well, im not too sure how easy it is to transition from lt to rt but i would think going from rt to lt is harder. its not like transitioning to guard or center. your still a tackle but i think some pressure is relieved from the less talented harris which makes him looks light years ahead of schedule. anyhow...i dont think harris is complaining.

WARHORSE
08-20-2008, 11:11 PM
This is going to be us on offense this year:

http://craigouthier.freedomblogging.com/files/2008/04/rambo.jpg

Theres something weirdly wrong with that picture. He looks like one of those bodybuilding women that scare you on ESPN..........without a bikini top, and with a gun.:shocked:

Im afraid now.:shocked:

G_Money
08-20-2008, 11:19 PM
Heres another piece of news that makes you want to watch football: Andre Hall, in an interview at Denverbroncos.com, said Patrick Hillis is his boy. He said most fullbacks hit, and stop, or twist and turn to the side. He said Hillis hits, and drives guys downfield. He ALSO said, that Hillis DEFINITELY has the best hands of all the backs, and may just have the best hands on the entire offense.

Take that to Phillip Rivers noggin.......:salute:

Patrick Willis.
Peyton Hillis.

I wish they both played for us, but only one does. Don't confuse me. :salute:

The interview in question:

FULL STEAM AHEAD

Rookie fullback Peyton Hillis is another player back in action after missing some time during training camp. Hall said he's excited about the prospect of having the former Arkansas Razorback leading the way on some tough runs.

"Hillis don’t really care -- he will hit whoever and he keeps driving," he said. "Most guys hit and move and twist their bodies and stuff. Hillis will hit you right down the middle and continue to drive throughout the play."

And it's not just his blocking that has Hall excited.

"I won’t lie; I think Hillis could fight for the best hands on the team," he said.

I want to see Hillis in extended action this week. I NEED to see it.

And I want to see him blow people up, catch passes out of the backfield and slam the ball inside, if you please.

He can do it all, and I want to see it. It will help out the OL even more to have a real blocking back available. If Hillis can master our pass protections then having a large back like him taking out the blitzing LB or safety will give Jay even more time to throw.

Good times ahead...

~G

dogfish
08-21-2008, 12:07 AM
They did perform much better. The O-line should get a good test in pass protection this friday with GB. Apperantly their not happy with their pass rush (http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080820/PKR01/80820176/1058) so far this pre-season and will be looking to turn up the heat on opposing QBs in the next two games.

Gbaja-Biamila has'nt practiced all training camp and is questionable but Aaron Kampman will be another solid test and preperation for the OTs.

cullen jenkins is a total beast on the other side as well. . . he may not be on the level of mario williams and demarkus ware, but he's another tough challenge for clady with his brute strength and surprising quickness. . .

BroncoWave
08-21-2008, 12:47 AM
Patrick Willis.
Peyton Hillis.

I wish they both played for us, but only one does. Don't confuse me. :salute:

~G

I would sell some of my body parts for Patrick Willis to play for us! I was pissed that Shanny didn't trade up for him, I heard he was trying to.

dogfish
08-21-2008, 12:59 AM
I would sell some of my body parts for Patrick Willis to play for us! I was pissed that Shanny didn't trade up for him, I heard he was trying to.

good thinking-- i'll get mike nolan on the phone and see if he has any use for a couple of extra kidneys. . . .

broncobryce
08-21-2008, 01:54 AM
better switch on madden

WARHORSE
08-21-2008, 04:15 AM
Lets stick with Hillis since hes on our roster, shall we? lol...............

I too hope he gets some real action in the game friday.

jrelway
08-21-2008, 10:30 AM
Not just a push, but Clady has gone up against williams and ware. The offensive line which is still learning to play and play together has shown better pass protection skills than we have seen in a long time.

i want to see clady bust merriman up, like jones drew did last year.

tubby
08-21-2008, 10:41 AM
Broncos or Die! :defense:

:salute:

BroncoFanatic
08-21-2008, 11:12 AM
The tea leaves are giving encouraging signs about our O-line :D

I long for the days when 11 defenders, dozens of opposing coaches, and 70,000 fans knew we were going to run the ball, and they still couldn't stop us. Hopefully those days will be returning soon :beer:

Ziggy
08-21-2008, 11:32 AM
The O-line looks good. I'm wondering where Kuper is going to go when Holland comes back . As far as Hillis goes, I think we all want to see him play more. I think he's the FB we've been searching for since Griffith left.

TXBRONC
08-21-2008, 12:53 PM

I was impressed how Clady handled Ware.

WARHORSE
08-21-2008, 08:49 PM
The O-line looks good. I'm wondering where Kuper is going to go when Holland comes back . As far as Hillis goes, I think we all want to see him play more. I think he's the FB we've been searching for since Griffith left.

I think hes going to be more than that.

This guy can run the rock too.:salute:

dogfish
08-21-2008, 09:12 PM
The O-line looks good. I'm wondering where Kuper is going to go when Holland comes back.

he may not be going anywhere, if harris keeps playing as well as he did against dallas. . . and lardass holland just might find out that when you come into camp unprepared to play, there isn't a guaranteed spot reserved for you. . .

scott.475
08-22-2008, 09:57 AM
i want to see clady bust merriman up, like jones drew did last year.

Like Bo did Bosworth...

underrated29
08-22-2008, 10:19 AM
obviously we want our best guys out there, but what about this.

With nalen out, weigmann has looked real good in his place. However, he might not make up our best lineup. So would the line work better if we slid hammy over to center and put kupes back at LG with holland at RG. Weigmann would then have to go back to 2nd string center.

1st string. clady,kupes,hammy,holland,harris
2nd string. pears,?????,weigman,polumbus?,????

Something like that. Thoughts?

BigDaddyBronco
08-22-2008, 10:37 AM
I'm optimistic and hopeful, but this is still preseason guys. I don't think the Cowboys were really into the game from what I saw (sideline interview with Ellis confirmed it). If the OLine does keep Cutler's jersey clean, we get some decent production out of our RB by committee, and Marshall stays on the field, we will have a very good offense.

Then we have the defense...

WARHORSE
08-26-2008, 02:30 AM
he may not be going anywhere, if harris keeps playing as well as he did against dallas. . . and lardass holland just might find out that when you come into camp unprepared to play, there isn't a guaranteed spot reserved for you. . .

Looks like Kupes the starter, and Mr. Holland is a backup........

Next year, I hope we draft a big, mean, athletic guard who just eats DTs alive.

Make this offensive line the baddest in the history of the NFL.

Then DOMINATE.:salute:

omac
08-26-2008, 04:44 AM
obviously we want our best guys out there, but what about this.

With nalen out, weigmann has looked real good in his place. However, he might not make up our best lineup. So would the line work better if we slid hammy over to center and put kupes back at LG with holland at RG. Weigmann would then have to go back to 2nd string center.

1st string. clady,kupes,hammy,holland,harris
2nd string. pears,?????,weigman,polumbus?,????

Something like that. Thoughts?

I like Wiegmann at center. He provides a nice veteran prescense that the young guys could use to stay more consistent while they learn to play in the NFL.

Simple Jaded
08-26-2008, 12:30 PM
Looks like Kupes the starter, and Mr. Holland is a backup........

Next year, I hope we draft a big, mean, athletic guard who just eats DTs alive.

Make this offensive line the baddest in the history of the NFL.

Then DOMINATE.:salute:

Andre Smith.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84-MwAbj7uw

He's a LT but he there is no reason he can't play RG, allowing Kuper to play LG.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cy-iMU08c4&feature=related

I'd say he can get to the second level and level LB's better than most.

A man can dream, can't he?......

WARHORSE
08-26-2008, 03:56 PM
I like Wiegmann at center. He provides a nice veteran prescense that the young guys could use to stay more consistent while they learn to play in the NFL.

Wiegman has done well in the preseason. Very well. He gets to the next level alot easier than I thought he would. This was such a smart pickup.

Im glad he wanted out of KC.

Kaylore
08-26-2008, 05:03 PM
This thread is full of win. I am completely shocked at how powerful Harris is as a run blocker. In the Green Bay game he was burying people too.

Kuper is playing very well for someone with one hand. What's cool is he's been forced to compensate for the inability to hold to using proper technique and leverage and keeping his stance low. When he gets his hand healed and can use his fingers again, all those things he's developed to compensate will remain but he'll have the ability to grab and hold like a normal lineman. It will make him 1337 h@X04!!!1!!!!

turftoad
08-26-2008, 05:41 PM
This thread is full of win. I am completely shocked at how powerful Harris is as a run blocker. In the Green Bay game he was burying people too.

Kuper is playing very well for someone with one hand. What's cool is he's been forced to compensate for the inability to hold to using proper technique and leverage and keeping his stance low. When he gets his hand healed and can use his fingers again, all those things he's developed to compensate will remain but he'll have the ability to grab and hold like a normal lineman. It will make him 1337 h@X04!!!1!!!!

Kupers natural position in college was RG til they started moving him around because of injuries and of course needing a great LT.

That said, Holland may have a very tough time winning his spot back. I think it's Kupers now.

Hobe
08-26-2008, 07:16 PM
I share your optimum about the O-line. They are playing far better than I thought they would this year.

Not to divert the thread, but my optimum has two other focal points; Cutler and Royal. Cutler’s play has been rock steady, smooth, and confident. He has really looked like the Field General out there so far. Royal has simply been tearing it up!

I have that worm glow you really like to have as the season begins. :balloons: