PDA

View Full Version : Broncos coach McDaniels finds controversy even if he doesn't seek it

Denver Native (Carol)
11-21-2010, 08:55 AM
In the final hour before kickoff of the "Monday Night Football" game between the Broncos and Chargers, Josh McDaniels will weave his way through the lines of stretching Broncos players.

He'll slap high-fives, give pats on the back and dish out more fist-bumps than the entire cast of "Jersey Shore" combined.

This has become McDaniels' typical pregame routine this year, but it will be especially notable Monday night for what he's not doing.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16670822

Tned
11-21-2010, 09:08 AM
I know some don't like it, but I like the emotion he shows on the sideline. I like the fact that he looks like someone who's "living his dream" and not afraid to show it.

There are some things I have been critical of him about, but showing emotion is not one of them.

spikerman
11-21-2010, 09:21 AM
I know some don't like it, but I like the emotion he shows on the sideline. I like the fact that he looks like someone who's "living his dream" and not afraid to show it.

There are some things I have been critical of him about, but showing emotion is not one of them.

I can't disagree with this. I've definitely been critical, but it's good to see a coach who cares. When I see Jim Caldwell on the sidelines I often wonder if the guy ever speaks.

Jake Klug
11-21-2010, 11:00 AM
I can't disagree with this. I've definitely been critical, but it's good to see a coach who cares. When I see Jim Caldwell on the sidelines I often wonder if the guy ever speaks.

If you ever heard him talk, you'd probably wonder why he even speaks. He does (or at least used to) have a segment on Sirius NFL and I have to switch stations. I cant take it. That dude is one of the blandest people on the face of the earth.

CHARLIEADAMSFAN
11-21-2010, 02:49 PM
I am also critical of McD but when he's excited on the sidelines it shows how much he cares

HORSEPOWER 56
11-21-2010, 03:09 PM
He's a fiery, emotional coach and I think that that can be a good thing and a bad thing. It's great when we're winning, but I also think it causes him to go overboard sometimes when players make mistakes. I have little doubt that McDaniels was the guy that shattered Alphonso Smith's confidence and the rumor floating around out there is that he was overly harsh on the team after the Jets loss which directly resulted in the Raiders blowout.

It's nice to have a passionate boss who believes in himself and in the team, but he has to be able to temper that emotion or he just starts looking "bi-polar" when he's praising/fist bumping guys and building their confidence one minute and benching/berating them them and crushing their confidence the next. Never too high, never too low is probably the best for a high stress job like an NFL HC.

TXBRONC
11-21-2010, 04:01 PM
It's a non-issue for me. That's his style and I don't have a problem with it.

Day1BroncoFan
11-21-2010, 05:06 PM
As long as he's not talking smack to the opponents then why not.

spikerman
11-21-2010, 05:08 PM
As long as he's not talking smack to the opponents then why not.

Yeah hopefully those days are behind him. Either that or he get a team that can back up the trash talk. lol

broncofaninfla
11-21-2010, 05:11 PM
It's a non-issue for me. That's his style and I don't have a problem with it.

Agreed, I like his passion and fire for the game.

Dean
11-21-2010, 07:38 PM
As long as he can produce a consistently winning program, I don't care how stoic or animated he is. I tune in to see the players on the field. If he can walk the walk, he is entitled to talk the talk.

robert ethan
11-21-2010, 10:50 PM
Finding "Gosh" McDaniels controversial is a sad statement on the charisma level of NFL head coaches.

Bosco
11-22-2010, 12:24 AM
I love it, and anyone who doesn't should remove the stick from their asses.