PDA

View Full Version : Nalen to have knee scoped again

Javalon
08-20-2008, 02:49 PM
http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/2008/08/20/nalen-to-have-knee-scoped-again/

This sucks. I know Shanahan is trying to downplay the significance but there's no denying that Nalen is no spring chicken and now he's on his second knee scope since camp started. I hope I'm wrong but this looks to be the beginning of the end for Tom. :(

honz
08-20-2008, 02:53 PM
http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/2008/08/20/nalen-to-have-knee-scoped-again/

This sucks. I know Shanahan is trying to downplay the significance but there's no denying that Nalen is no spring chicken and now he's on his second knee scope since camp started. I hope I'm wrong but this looks to be the beginning of the end for Tom. :(
Not good, not good at all. The good news is that we have a very capable replacement in Weigman, but it would be very sad if this is the beginning of the end for Nalen.

turftoad
08-20-2008, 02:53 PM
Exactly why we drafted Licht and brought in Wiegmann.

Requiem / The Dagda
08-20-2008, 02:56 PM
Smelled this coming from a billion miles away.

jrelway
08-20-2008, 03:00 PM
last one of the mohicans. hope he plays one more year for us.

Buff
08-20-2008, 03:03 PM
This is exactly what happened with Javon last season-- It seems like our medical staff is too optimistic. In both instances they avoided surgery hoping the knee would heal, and when it didn't, they opted for the surgery they should have done weeks ago.

I don't know, maybe there was a genuine belief that their knees could heal on their own--- But now Nalen has nothing to show for the past few weeks except for wasted recovery time.

BeefStew25
08-20-2008, 03:15 PM
Smelled this coming from a billion miles away.

Man you are perceptive.

DenBronx
08-20-2008, 03:25 PM
i think were fine at center without nalen. cutler seemed to have good rhthym with weigman anyway and this would give licht some valuable playing time. if licht is the future at center then this just speeds it up.

thanks for everything nalen! :beer:

dogfish
08-20-2008, 03:32 PM
i think were fine at center without nalen. cutler seemed to have good rhthym with weigman anyway and this would give licht some valuable playing time. if licht is the future at center then this just speeds it up.

thanks for everything nalen! :beer:

co-signed. . . nails was a consummate bronco-- all fans should appreciate what he brought to the team, and i'm sure he'll be in the ring of fame when the time comes. . .

with smith and elam leaving, and nalen possibly coming to the end of his career, the super bowl teams are entirely gone-- or did we have leach then? either way, it's sad, but maybe it's a good thing. . . it's time for youth to be served, and hopefully these guys are hungry enough to win their own rings. . .

honz
08-20-2008, 03:42 PM
This is exactly what happened with Javon last season-- It seems like our medical staff is too optimistic. In both instances they avoided surgery hoping the knee would heal, and when it didn't, they opted for the surgery they should have done weeks ago.

I don't know, maybe there was a genuine belief that their knees could heal on their own--- But now Nalen has nothing to show for the past few weeks except for wasted recovery time.
He didn't have surgery, it was just a scope.

Buff
08-20-2008, 03:53 PM
He didn't have surgery, it was just a scope.

Same thing.

GEM
08-20-2008, 03:57 PM
He told 950TheFan that he was planning on being back to practice on Monday after the GB game....:tsk:

Nature Boy
08-20-2008, 04:14 PM
Sorry to say but Tom Nalen may be done with his career.

honz
08-20-2008, 04:19 PM
Same thing.
Well not really. Getting a scope done is like the most minor surgery you can have...I hardly consider it a surgery, but whatever. He shouldn't be out for too long if he can indeed come back.

Buff
08-20-2008, 04:24 PM
Well not really. Getting a scope done is like the most minor surgery you can have...I hardly consider it a surgery, but whatever. He shouldn't be out for too long if he can indeed come back.

Ok, but you do in fact consider it a surgery, because you just called it minor surgery... And correct me if I'm wrong, but Javon and Nalen both underwent similar procedures after taking similar time off in hopes that their knees would heal on their own...

Remind me again why we're splitting hairs here... :confused:

turftoad
08-20-2008, 04:26 PM

If they're scoping it, something is wrong with it. If there was nothing wrong they wouldn't be scoping.

OMorange&blue
08-20-2008, 04:41 PM
Relax. O-linemen get scoped after breakfast on the way to the game...

honz
08-20-2008, 04:46 PM
If they're scoping it, something is wrong with it. If there was nothing wrong they wouldn't be scoping.
Yeah, probably, but he won't necessarily have to undergo further surgery. It just sounded like Buff thought he had undergone a major surgery when he has not...yet. I didn't mean to split hairs I just thought that Buff misunderstood the article, but he apparently did not.

If he only gets it scoped it will merely be a minor setback so I hope that is all he has to have done.

turftoad
08-20-2008, 04:48 PM
Yeah, probably, but he won't necessarily have to undergo further surgery. It just sounded like Buff thought he had undergone a major surgery when he has not...yet. I didn't mean to split hairs I just thought that Buff misunderstood the article, but he apparently did not.

If he only gets it scoped it will merely be a minor setback so I hope that is all he has to have done.

We're all with you there buddy. :D