PDA

View Full Version : Ted Sundquist Joins PFT

studbucket
08-20-2008, 11:46 AM
I thought this was interesting and kind of cool. I always go to PFT for my NFL news, and now Ted can help provide some more inside info and scouting.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/08/20/ted-sundquist-joins-pft/

Posted by Mike Florio on August 20, 2008, 11:47 a.m. EDT

We’re pleased, thrilled, happy, and frankly a bit befuddled to announce that former Denver Broncos G.M. Ted Sundquist will be joining the PFT team.

Seriously.

Ted will be responsible for a brand-new feature on the site. Each week, he’ll provide a scouting report for three selected games. Then, after the games are played, he’ll provide a scouting breakdown of each of the three contests.

Needless to say, it’s a new frontier for us. Arguably, it’s overdue.

None of it means we’re changing the way we do things. We haven’t, and we won’t, lose our edge. We’re just enhancing the features in order to provide you with an even better experience.

Ted spent 16 years with the Broncos, and ultimately earned the title of General Manager. Before joining the Broncos, he served as head coach as the United States Air Force Academy Prep School from 1990 through 1992. In 1989, he was an assistant coach at the Air Force Academy.

He also has served as an Air Force flight commander, and competed in the U.S. Olympics bobsled team trials in 1988.

Requiem / The Dagda
08-20-2008, 11:48 AM
Wow. . .

turftoad
08-20-2008, 11:50 AM
Oh boy........... more Bronco bashing.

As much as I get a kick out of PFT, Ted is really reaching now. I hope this isn't the best he can find.

hamrob
08-20-2008, 11:53 AM
All I can say, is: Their must be slim pickins' for jobs right now!

Lonestar
08-20-2008, 01:33 PM
Oh boy........... more Bronco bashing.

As much as I get a kick out of PFT, Ted is really reaching now. I hope this isn't the best he can find.

All I can say, is: Their must be slim pickins' for jobs right now!

I suspect that getting fired a few weeks before the draft did not help him find other jobs..

While I never saw him the mastermind some of Y'all thought he was in the GM seat He did indeed learn alot of football in his 16 years at Dove valley..

Broncospsycho77
08-20-2008, 01:40 PM
Wait, what?

There was Ted and then PFT and then something and then a column and then something else and now... what? Wait... what?

Requiem / The Dagda
08-20-2008, 01:41 PM
I suspect that getting fired a few weeks before the draft did not help him find other jobs

Maybe some team owners read his bullshit blog on the official site and finally gave up on him for his blatant lies to the fans.

Kaylore
08-20-2008, 02:00 PM
Maybe some team owners read his bullshit blog on the official site and finally gave up on him for his blatant lies to the fans.

He doesn't deserve to work based on the Jimmy Kennedy trade alone.

Requiem / The Dagda
08-20-2008, 02:02 PM
He doesn't deserve to work based on the Jimmy Kennedy trade alone.

Hey man, what's up? Good point.

Dean
08-20-2008, 02:22 PM
There has always been a great deal of discussion of whether he or Shanahan was the source of our poor drafts in the early 2000's. I don't remember which of the father and son team indicated that Ted would not listen to them nor ask them any questions when they were scouts for the organization.

Watching Sundquist's predictions and evaluations should give us an idea of his abilities in these two fields. I am going to be watching his posts each week and then checking the games to see his level of expertise.

Inquiring minds want to know.:laugh:. . . and me too.

NightTrainLayne
08-20-2008, 02:26 PM

There has always been a great deal of discussion of whether he or Shanahan was the source of our poor drafts in the early 2000's. I don't remember which of the father and son team indicated that Ted would not listen to them nor ask them any questions when they were scouts for the organization.

Watching Sundquist's predictions and evaluations should give us an idea of his abilities in these two fields. I am going to be watching his posts each week and then checking the games to see his level of expertise.

Inquiring minds want to know.:laugh:. . . and me too.

To me, reading his blog on the official site showed me all I needed to know. Someone who didn't have input on drafting decision would not so vociferously defend some of those bone-headed decisions. If he didn't have input on those decisions, I don't see him writing that blog.

DenBronx
08-20-2008, 02:27 PM
sounds like its going to be a while before ted lands another gm role.

BroncoJoe
08-20-2008, 02:29 PM
Strange, living here I didn't realize his AFA background.

dogfish
08-20-2008, 03:37 PM
sounds like its going to be a while before ted lands another gm role.

yea. . . like his next lifetime, probably. . . . :laugh:

pnbronco
08-20-2008, 03:44 PM
Strange, living here I didn't realize his AFA background.

I did know a little, but didn't realized he was a flight commander or bobsled. He is the getting the rest of his contract this year, so it's a way for him to be involved in football. I look forward to reading it, thanks for the post.

claymore
08-20-2008, 03:48 PM
If he had a good draft record, he would be with another team. It shows me we made the right decision, and what the rest of the league feels about him.

GEM
08-20-2008, 03:55 PM
And we thought PFT bashed us before. Add Ted with a vengeance for being let go.....could have a huge wow factor. :eek:

ktrain
08-20-2008, 04:16 PM
And we thought PFT bashed us before. Add Ted with a vengeance for being let go.....could have a huge wow factor. :eek:

Kinda hard to bash the superbowl champs!!!!:whoo:

tubby
08-20-2008, 04:53 PM
:lol:

Lonestar
08-20-2008, 08:32 PM
Hey Dean let us know how he does..

dogfish
08-20-2008, 09:15 PM
Hey Dean let us know how he does..

definitely!

Simple Jaded
08-20-2008, 09:43 PM
AAAAAhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

I Love It!!!!!!!

One, Huge, Final "Go *Profanity Filer* Yourself, Mike Shanahan" from Ted Sundquist!

Taking a job with the man that hates Shanahan more than anyone......