PDA

View Full Version : Lloyd in no hurry to push for new deal

Denver Native (Carol)
11-20-2010, 06:12 PM
Brandon Lloyd is having a $10 million season while playing on an approximately $1 million salary.

Not that Lloyd has plans of scheduling an audience with owner Pat Bowlen to demand a new contract, as a previous Broncos No. 1 receiver named Brandon did 17 months ago.

Although a case can be made that Lloyd is the NFL's most productive receiver this season, he believes the Broncos did right by him in signing him to a two-year, $2.05 million contract, although he had only eight catches last year.

"It was generous and fair, the deal I have now from where I was," Lloyd said. "There's no part of me saying, 'I need to renegotiate now.' I'm going to play the rest of the year and we'll go from there.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16662746

UrbanBounca
11-20-2010, 06:43 PM
See, even he understands no one expected this from him. Very professional of you, Mr. Lloyd.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Ravage!!!
11-20-2010, 09:04 PM
And knows there will be teams bidding for him at end of year and can pick where he wants to go from those bids

BroncoWave
11-20-2010, 09:09 PM
And knows there will be teams bidding for him at end of year and can pick where he wants to go from those bids

No, he's under contract for next season too.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-20-2010, 09:35 PM
Brandon Lloyd is definitely a class act :salute:

dogfish
11-20-2010, 10:00 PM
I'm going to play the rest of the year and we'll go from there.

translation-- i'm going to keep my mouth shut and not be a distraction during the season. . . and quite possibly ask for more money in the offseason. . .

really, if he does it's hard to blame him. . . he's outplaying guys who are getting paid thirty times what he is. . . if he does demand more money, i'd trade him-- he has value right now, and we have a really talented rookie who was drafted to play lloyd's spot and is already under contract for a hell of a lot less than lloyd's performance this year is going to warrant. . .

we have a logjam at receiver, it's worth considering moving one of the vets to bring back some other assets, and lloyd would be the obvious choice. . . it looks to me like McD's passing scheme may be capable of getting results out of spare parts the way we used to with shanahan's running game. . .

TXBRONC
11-20-2010, 10:10 PM
No, he's under contract for next season too.

How so? He has a two year deal and this is his second season with the team.

BroncoWave
11-20-2010, 10:10 PM

He signed that deal in March of this year.

camdisco24
11-20-2010, 11:44 PM
I freaking love this guy.
Lloyd is quickly becoming one of my favorite players.

Jake Klug
11-21-2010, 12:01 AM
Cheers to Brandon Lloyd. Im liking this guy more and more by the day.

I'm really starting to hope he sticks around.

Elevation inc
11-21-2010, 03:55 AM

well actually he is under contract for 2011...he is a FA in 2012 his salary next year is 1.4 mil, he is going no where next year, we will have a pro bowl wideout for 1.4 mil next year thats awsome.....we dont have to do anything long term if we dont want to but let him play out his contract by then DT will be more than ready to take over.

the whole brandon lloyd situation is a perfect set-up for us right now....

Elevation inc
11-21-2010, 03:56 AM

no he signed a 2 year deal before season start he was on a 1 year vet contract last year.....

Elevation inc
11-21-2010, 04:00 AM
translation-- i'm going to keep my mouth shut and not be a distraction during the season. . . and quite possibly ask for more money in the offseason. . .

really, if he does it's hard to blame him. . . he's outplaying guys who are getting paid thirty times what he is. . . if he does demand more money, i'd trade him-- he has value right now, and we have a really talented rookie who was drafted to play lloyd's spot and is already under contract for a hell of a lot less than lloyd's performance this year is going to warrant. . .

we have a logjam at receiver, it's worth considering moving one of the vets to bring back some other assets, and lloyd would be the obvious choice. . . it looks to me like McD's passing scheme may be capable of getting results out of spare parts the way we used to with shanahan's running game. . .

not so sure Dog that 14 game inactive stretch seems to be the key factor in his maturity..he seems really happy to just have gotten a chance for a change to be the guy!!!! im quite certain he will play out next year then go for a big deal in 2012 FA to close his career out.....

i really dont even want to trade him untill we know DT is consistent both in health and on the field.....i like DT, but i have some rising concerns about his durability.....

the good news is we are stacked at WR.....probally more than any team in the league.....Decker and DT were both great picks in my eyes......are depth there is bigtime.....