PDA

View Full Version : Lloyd closing in on first 1,000-yard season

Denver Native (Carol)
11-19-2010, 06:02 PM
ENGLEWOOD, COLO.(AP) —It’s taken a long time for Brandon Lloyd to show what he’s really capable of.

He had stints in San Francisco, Washington and Chicago before the Denver Broncos signed him in June 2009. Then he even sat the first 14 games with the Broncos before getting a chance to dress for a ballgame.

Throughout that time it would have been fair to call him nothing more than a talented journeyman. Things change. In his eighth year, Lloyd is now just 32 yards shy of his first 1,000-yard season.

Rest of article - http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=txbroncoslloyd

T.K.O.
11-19-2010, 06:03 PM
he should have about 1200 after monday night !:elefant::beer::salute:

Jake Klug
11-19-2010, 06:08 PM
This is one of the biggest bright spots of the season. I love watching this guy make plays. He's one of the few guys brought in by the current regime who has outproduced what was expected.

Softskull
11-19-2010, 06:13 PM
LLoyd has been an absolute freak this year. He's clearly our best player on offense and should be at the top of the list for WR All Pro balleting.

T.K.O.
11-19-2010, 06:15 PM
LLoyd has been an absolute freak this year. He's clearly our best player on offense and should be at the top of the list for WR All Pro balleting.

i voted for him at nfl.com for the probowl !
he is playing better than ever...that's for sure:salute:

camdisco24
11-19-2010, 06:46 PM
He's been great for the BRONCOS
and great for my fantasy team!
I hope to see big numbers out of him on Monday.

EMB6903
11-19-2010, 07:33 PM
Hearing Lloyd talk about the game makes me that much happier over his success. Hes a true class act team player who you will NEVER see badmouthing a QB/coach when he isnt getting the ball.... Hes been one of the vocal leaders on this team so far this year.

Also along with the fact that hes so skilled.. IMO he has the best BALL SKILLS out of any WR ive seen in a Broncos uni... The way he positions himself to go up and get the ball is unbelievable.

turftoad
11-19-2010, 07:36 PM
Im happy for Lloyd, good for him.

I was never much of a Lloyd fan and probably bad mouthed here a time or two but I like what he's done. He's made some spactacular catch's.

The system must fit him just fine and yes, he's a class act, I listended to him also.

Dzone
11-19-2010, 08:40 PM
After watching B Marshall act like an idiot Monday night, man, we really lucked out!!!!
Brandon Loyd is a freak!

How can anyone forget how we lamented the loss of Marshall... But NOW? So glad he is out of here. He's not even any good anymore...hahaha

Superchop 7
11-19-2010, 09:39 PM
I liked LLoyd coming out of college, but, he didn't live up to his potential.

He certainly is now and only goes to prove that hard work pays off.

BroncoBJ
11-19-2010, 10:08 PM
Man, I've liked Lloyd ever since he was with San Fran. Just because I enjoyed watching him make circus catch every single week but wasn't consistant. Its nice to see him become an elite WR, week in and week out now. I'm happy that hes doing it with us. Hope he continues :salute:

broncobryce
11-19-2010, 11:00 PM
This guy is ******* Gumby! I've seen him stretch to get a pass that seems impossible for human being.

broncofaninfla
11-20-2010, 08:28 AM
My hat's off, the guy has stepped up big time this season. Too bad Denver didn't have a running game, that balance would be tough to defend, Denver could have had a much better record right now. He'll command a substantial raise next season, hopefully Denver finds a way to keep him.

frenchfan
11-20-2010, 09:23 AM
Rest of article - http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=txbroncoslloydNot only he shows he is a great WR, but also a great man... Read the article titled "Lloyd not in push to negociate contract"...

The guy thinks Broncos gave him a fair chance and he'll see what happens at the end of the season. I know some pirimadonna who would have jumped into a "gimme that damned money now if you want me to go on catching" affair ;)
No... BL first wants to reward the team that gave him a chance. If he goes on like that, it will be time to deserve his reward too...

:salute: to you M. Brandon Lloyd

HORSEPOWER 56
11-20-2010, 09:55 AM
Not only he shows he is a great WR, but also a great man... Read the article titled "Lloyd not in push to negociate contract"...

The guy thinks Broncos gave him a fair chance and he'll see what happens at the end of the season. I know some pirimadonna who would have jumped into a "gimme that damned money now if you want me to go on catching" affair ;)
No... BL first wants to reward the team that gave him a chance. If he goes on like that, it will be time to deserve his reward too...

:salute: to you M. Brandon Lloyd

Or, he's just waiting to get a full season of bigtime stats under his belt so he can demand top-dollar...

I know that everyone is thrilled by the way Lloyd is playing this year as I am, but it's not like this is the first place he ever had a chance before. He got paid big $ in Washington as a FA and was relegated to 4th string because he didn't work hard. I just hope he keeps playing like this.

PAINTERDAVE
11-20-2010, 01:21 PM
The knock on him, from what I remember,
was that he had bad hands and could not catch all the balls... lots of drops.

He certainly has overcome that problem...

It will be great for him and the Broncos if ...

2 things...

- we get the win on national TV ... first and foremost...
- and Lloyd surpasses the 1,000 yard mark in the national spotlight.

You KNOW Brandon Marshall will be watching. LOL

Dzone
11-20-2010, 01:31 PM
He was in sports illustrated as mid season all pro by peter king
who would have thought that the Marshall trade would turn out so good for us. Marshall will never grow up and will always be a distraction.

Canmore
11-20-2010, 06:42 PM
He was in sports illustrated as mid season all pro by peter king
who would have thought that the Marshall trade would turn out so good for us. Marshall will never grow up and will always be a distraction.

What a talent and head case.

turftoad
11-20-2010, 07:23 PM

2 things...

I think the bigger knock is not comfortable over the middle. Aligator arms. In this system, he doesn't go over the middle much. He more or less gets to go deep more often.
Not knocking him at all. Like I said, he's made some spactaular catch's but at the same time, the system suites him well.

TXBRONC
11-20-2010, 10:33 PM

2 things...

I understood it just a little bit differently. I had heard that wasn't so much that he had bad hands but that his concentration wavered. He could make the spectacular catch but would drop the easy ones.

At anyrate he's having a career year and I applaud him for that.

broncobryce
11-20-2010, 11:45 PM
I understood it just a little bit differently. I had heard that wasn't so much that he had bad hands but that his concentration wavered. He could make the spectacular catch but would drop the easy ones.

At anyrate he's having a career year and I applaud him for that.

Yep. That's what it was. He's always been good at spectacular catches. Some of the catches this season, I'm yelling at the tv like 'Orton what the hell are you.....holy shit nice catch!' Orton knows he can throw it where it looks like no one can get there. But he knows Lloyd can. What a blessing this guy has been.

TXBRONC
11-21-2010, 12:16 AM
Yep. That's what it was. He's always been good at spectacular catches. Some of the catches this season, I'm yelling at the tv like 'Orton what the hell are you.....holy shit nice catch!' Orton knows he can throw it where it looks like no one can get there. But he knows Lloyd can. What a blessing this guy has been.

Agreed he has had several catches where I've wondered how he even stated bounds. There's no doubt he has exceptional body control.

Bones
11-21-2010, 08:52 AM
The guy has seemingly come out of nowhere to have a great season. I'm loving every minute of it.

Jake Klug
11-21-2010, 11:03 AM
I think the bigger knock is not comfortable over the middle. Aligator arms. In this system, he doesn't go over the middle much. He more or less gets to go deep more often.
Not knocking him at all. Like I said, he's made some spactaular catch's but at the same time, the system suites him well.

Or, put another way, its been really helpful to him to play on a team that can't run the ball.

Jake Klug
11-21-2010, 11:07 AM
The guy has seemingly come out of nowhere to have a great season. I'm loving every minute of it.

The guy was seemingly on the fast track out of the league. The usual arc is that a guy shows promise, gets paid too much money by Washington and doesnt deliver, bounces around the league, and after stops at a couple of teams, he'd be happy to play for peanuts or go to Canada.

But in Lloyds case, he was able to stop that force of momentum described above and salvage his career. Its very gratifying to see a guy appreciate just being a productive player and not looking to cash in. It really seems like the guys biggest priority is just being a productive player. He's smart enough to know that if youre a salary hassle, teams will stop bothering with you and so, he's trying to be agreeable to the Broncos.

Maybe Im reading too much into it but thats what I really gleam from this guy.

Poet
11-21-2010, 11:54 AM
He has won me many fantasy football games this year.

nevcraw
11-21-2010, 12:15 PM
who would have thought that the Marshall trade would turn out so good for us.

LLoyd had nothing to do with the trade.. The jury is still out on wether they got better or equal value on the actual Marshall trade.

broncobryce
11-21-2010, 02:03 PM
LLoyd had nothing to do with the trade.. The jury is still out on wether they got better or equal value on the actual Marshall trade.

Well, if he was still here I don't think Lloyd would be as much a factor, if at all. Marshall gets a lot of balls thrown his way, now we spread the ball around. So Marshall leaving has everything to do with how our passing game operates now.

nevcraw
11-21-2010, 02:38 PM
Well, if he was still here I don't think Lloyd would be as much a factor, if at all. Marshall gets a lot of balls thrown his way, now we spread the ball around. So Marshall leaving has everything to do with how our passing game operates now.

Good points and no questions about it -- the addition by subtraction has been great.

my point was we have yet to realize wether the trade was good or not based on the outcome of the actuall trade (player for picks) with the use and maturation of the picks.