PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow Wins Rookie of the Week

BroncoWave
11-19-2010, 04:34 PM
Per Lindsay Jones:

"Broncos rookie QB Tim Tebow is the Pepsi Rookie of the Week for his 2 TD performance vs. the Chiefs. First-time win for @TimTebow. Congrats."

www.twitter.com/postbroncos

I'd ask everyone to try and leave the haterade out of this thread but I know this board better than that.

Congrats to Tim! Hopefully this is his first of many awards for the Broncos.

Foochacho
11-19-2010, 05:03 PM
I'll pour a glass of haterade. He didn't deserve to win. I am sure the only reason why he did is because of all the man crush's, not just in bronco nation but from florida as well. This was a popularity vote. I like Tebow I just don't feel he had any business winning this award.

TimTebow15MVP
11-19-2010, 05:09 PM
tebow deserved to win the award. all he does is score touchdowns, lol. thats tebow. making plays and scoring touchdowns. gotta get the man more touches. atleast 10-12 running and throwing per game. Orton can still let it loose but tebow needs to touch the ball more. the guy is just a touchdown machine whether you like him or not.

Keep hatin he will keep scoring whether you love him or hate him. By the end of it the haters will hate that they love him. haha

rcsodak
11-19-2010, 05:23 PM
wow
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

The Glue Factory
11-19-2010, 05:34 PM
I'll pour a glass of haterade. He didn't deserve to win. I am sure the only reason why he did is because of all the man crush's, not just in bronco nation but from florida as well. This was a popularity vote. I like Tebow I just don't feel he had any business winning this award.

I'd call that a shot of reality.

*Atwater*
11-19-2010, 05:55 PM

This. Call me a Tebow hater or whatever but he did not deserve the award.

T.K.O.
11-19-2010, 06:02 PM
Cool.....now win another mother ******* game !!!!!:laugh::salute:

TXBRONC
11-19-2010, 06:30 PM
Wow. I won't say he didn't deserve it because getting two touchdowns is a big deal but it was still just a few plays and not a full game. So while I'm little surprised he won I won't say he didn't deserve it.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

MileHighCrew
11-19-2010, 06:48 PM
Congrats Tebow for making the most of your touches on the field and winning this award. :salute:

Jake Klug
11-19-2010, 06:56 PM
Way to close the deal, Tebow!

BroncoBJ
11-19-2010, 06:56 PM
:lol: I wanted him to win it but I didn't think he deserved it at all. Classic stuff. Hes in the game for 3 plays and wins rookie of the week. :elefant:

broncobryce
11-19-2010, 07:02 PM
Eh, he deserved it. It's a vote by the people and the people have spoken. I would vote for Stanley Daniels as lineman of the week just cuz he's a bronco.

Dzone
11-19-2010, 08:01 PM
tim tebow, a denver bronco quarterback, is rookie of the week!!!..its freakin awesome!!!it is a sneak preview of what is to come!!!

atwater27
11-19-2010, 09:11 PM
Rob Gronkoski caught 3 TD's, Blount ran for 91 and a score. Tebow had two goalline TD's. You could make arguments for all 3 getting the award. I guess that because you don't see a guy throw one and run one THAT often, that was the difference.

CHARLIEADAMSFAN
11-19-2010, 11:30 PM
He deserved it enough to win. And yea the Florida fans definitely stepped in

Northman
11-19-2010, 11:52 PM
Thats hilarious.

robert ethan
11-20-2010, 12:47 AM
Well, I certainly don't "hate" Tebow, but he certainly didn't win that award on merit. Too bad, in a sense, because it just provides fuel for the real "haters". Gronkowski had 1 more TD, a lot more plays and yards, for one thing. Plus he blocks. Tim should have finished last in the voting, purely on merit. But it wasn't his call.

powderaddict
11-20-2010, 09:47 AM
It's a fan voting outcome award.

If the fans say he's the rookie of the week, than he earned it.

Show a little Bronco pride people!

BCJ
11-20-2010, 04:41 PM
I guess the same that voted for Tebow also vote for Bristol Palin on Dancing with the Stars. I hope these same people dont actually vote in elections that matter like President or Senators. Keep to your popularity contest Gatorville. For Bowlen, Tebow is a goldmine!

topscribe
11-20-2010, 05:09 PM

Two touches in a 3-6 season, and we're supposed to show pride?

I'll show pride when the Broncos make the playoffs, not when the Florida/Broncos
fans sent an undeserving player an award, Bronco or no Bronco.

Sorry, I like Tebow. I just don't have a man-crush on him . . .

-----

Northman
11-20-2010, 05:12 PM

It has nothing to do with Bronco pride, just common sense. :lol:

Jake Klug
11-20-2010, 05:22 PM
Just sad.

nevcraw
11-20-2010, 05:23 PM
Two touches in a 3-6 season, and we're supposed to show pride?

I'll show pride when the Broncos make the playoffs, not when the Florida/Broncos
fans sent an undeserving player an award, Bronco or no Bronco.

Sorry, I like Tebow. I just don't have a man-crush on him . . .

-----

you are a one qb man.. i can respect that..

KCL
11-20-2010, 05:24 PM
Rob Gronkoski caught 3 TD's, Blount ran for 91 and a score. Tebow had two goalline TD's. You could make arguments for all 3 getting the award. I guess that because you don't see a guy throw one and run one THAT often, that was the difference.

yes but JaMarcus Russell could have done the same thing the way KC was playing...or wasn't in this case.

BroncoWave
11-20-2010, 05:26 PM
Just sad.

You're right. The fact that Broncos fans are bashing the fact that a Broncos player won an award is just sad. What's even more sad is that that's the reaction I fully expected from some on here. I guess a simple congrats, or just ignoring a thread meant to congratulate a player if him winning the award angers you so much, is just too hard for some.

BCJ
11-20-2010, 05:44 PM
You're right. The fact that Broncos fans are bashing the fact that a Broncos player won an award is just sad. What's even more sad is that that's the reaction I fully expected from some on here. I guess a simple congrats, or just ignoring a thread meant to congratulate a player if him winning the award angers you so much, is just too hard for some.

While he had a good game for the limited touches he got, we are like this because of the tebowites that have infiltrated the board here and other places. They go to the games with their fresh #15 jersey screaming to put TEBOW in the game. They dont know anything much about the broncos except Tebow and how Tebow should get into the game. Call us what you will but it is tough to like a guy (which I do), but also be lumped into the same groups as these nutty fans. These same fans asked us a few weeks ago here to find our soul and then went on his box about how Tebow should be QB and disregard the season Orton has had so far.

BroncoWave
11-20-2010, 05:46 PM
While he had a good game for the limited touches he got, we are like this because of the tebowites that have infiltrated the board here and other places. They go to the games with their fresh #15 jersey screaming to put TEBOW in the game. They dont know anything much about the broncos except Tebow and how Tebow should get into the game. Call us what you will but it is tough to like a guy (which I do), but also be lumped into the same groups as these nutty fans. These same fans asked us a few weeks ago here to find our soul and then went on his box about how Tebow should be QB and disregard the season Orton has had so far.

I understand the Tebowites have rubbed many of us the wrong way, but I don't let that affect how I cheer for Broncos players. It's not Tebow's fault his fans are the way they are.

BCJ
11-20-2010, 05:53 PM
I understand the Tebowites have rubbed many of us the wrong way, but I don't let that affect how I cheer for Broncos players. It's not Tebow's fault his fans are the way they are.

oh, it isnt on Tebow as much as those that voted for him. I am sure if they showed the votes per state, 85% of the Florida vote went to Tebow (other 15% secretly vote against him as they are the anti Tebow crowd). I would love him to be the AP rookie of the week or year then I know it is legit and not a vote based on where the guy went to college. At least it isnt as bad as those racist Chinese voting for Yao Ming to start in the All Star Game because they vote based on ethnicity.

Dzone
11-20-2010, 06:22 PM
Sometimes people take things a little to darn serious...:D...lighten up. Its rookie of the week..it will be forgotten soon enough...for now, its cool to see a Bronco get it...based on passer rating, the dude dominated:welcome:

topscribe
11-20-2010, 06:44 PM
you are a one qb man.. i can respect that..

Not necessarily true. I'm just trying to be reasonable and logical in my support
of him. If my son won an award for doing next to nothing, I would say he did
next to nothing for it. It has nothing to do with anybody else . . .

-----

BroncoWave
11-20-2010, 06:56 PM
Not necessarily true. I'm just trying to be reasonable and logical in my support

-----

Well at least you take that approach for one of our QBs! :D

BCJ
11-20-2010, 08:41 PM

-----

tough Dad. You are the opposite of Gaylord Focker's Dad.

powderaddict
11-20-2010, 10:50 PM
I guess the same that voted for Tebow also vote for Bristol Palin on Dancing with the Stars. I hope these same people dont actually vote in elections that matter like President or Senators. Keep to your popularity contest Gatorville. For Bowlen, Tebow is a goldmine!

You watch dancing with the stars?

TXBRONC
11-20-2010, 11:01 PM
It has nothing to do with Bronco pride, just common sense. :lol:

I said previously that I wouldn't say that Tebow didn't deserve the award however (the other shoe drops to the ground), the other rookies on the list were more deserving because they all played bigger roles in their games.

I Eat Staples
11-20-2010, 11:04 PM
yes but JaMarcus Russell could have done the same thing the way KC was playing...or wasn't in this case.

JaBust only shows up in Denver.

Considering that's where the game was played, I'd say he had a chance.

BCJ
11-22-2010, 02:07 AM
You watch dancing with the stars?

no but i do know the drama behind the voting. You cant miss it.

Day1BroncoFan
11-22-2010, 10:54 AM
I voted for TeBow because I'm a homer. I always vote Broncos in such things. Why shouldn't/wouldn't I?

I don't even watch dancing with the stars.

Dzone
11-22-2010, 03:10 PM
Lets vote Tebow to the Pro Bowl!!!! Now that would be cool! We might get to see him play for once.

rcsodak
11-22-2010, 05:22 PM

You'd have to be a hater if you didn't vote for Palin.
1. She's the ONLY one that doesn't have some sort of experience, be it dancing, athletics, stage presence, etc
2. She's shown the most improvement over all the rest.

I think it's obvious who'll win, and it's not Bristol.

I told my wife WEEKS ago, that this was a way for the network to start on the "Palin Hate Syndrome". By the actions of the 67yo dude that shot his tv, I'd say it's starting to work.

Back on topic, the people HAVE spoken. No different, really, from the ProBowl announcements and All Star games, where the NAME gets them in over more deserving players.

rcsodak
11-22-2010, 05:29 PM

Who gives a shit WHY they go to games. At least they're going, right?

And who gives a shit if they've become new fans only because of TT! At least they're new fans of the team, right?

I had favorites back in '69 when I started getting interested in the Broncos. There's nothing wrong with that, and more than likely, they'll become true team fans down the road, just as most do....

:salute:

KCL
11-22-2010, 11:52 PM
You'd have to be a hater if you didn't vote for Palin.
1. She's the ONLY one that doesn't have some sort of experience, be it dancing, athletics, stage presence, etc
2. She's shown the most improvement over all the rest.

I think it's obvious who'll win, and it's not Bristol.

I told my wife WEEKS ago, that this was a way for the network to start on the "Palin Hate Syndrome". By the actions of the 67yo dude that shot his tv, I'd say it's starting to work.

Back on topic, the people HAVE spoken. No different, really, from the ProBowl announcements and All Star games, where the NAME gets them in over more deserving players.

You watch DWTS with your wife? rc...I never took you for the type...;)

Nomad
11-22-2010, 11:55 PM
I'd never vote for Palin for anthing..daughter or mother!!

KCL
11-22-2010, 11:56 PM
I'd never vote for Palin for anthing..daughter or mother!!

:shocked:

Don't tell rc that....:lol: