PDA

View Full Version : Profootball Focus Grades Mid Season Report

Elevation inc
11-18-2010, 05:13 AM
okay so I'm going to grade out all our players for Offense and Defense for games 1-9.....overall grades will be based off letters since i cant put the actuall number due to copyright laws.....Defense first

DEFENSE

Justin Bannan- F
437 snas/Run Defense- F/Pass rush- D/4 Qb hits, 3 QB pressures

Jamal Williams- D
341 snaps/Run Defense- C-/Pass rush- C-/4 Qb pressures

Marcus Thomas B+
336 snaps/Run defense- B+/Pass rush- C/1 sack, 1 Qb hit, 9 Qb pressures

Ryan Mcbean- F
282 snaps/Run Defense-F/Pass rush- C/1 Qb hit, 9 Qb pressures

Kevin Vickerson-C
195 snaps/Run Defense- C/Pass rush- C/1 Qb hit, 4 Qb pressures

Ryan Fields- C-
159 snaps/Run Defense- C/Pass rush- C-/1 Qb hit, 1 Qb pressure

Le Kevin Smith- C-
10 snaps/Run Defense- C-/Pass rush- C/

Mario Haggan- C+
613 snaps/Run defense-A/Pass Defense-D/Pass Rush- C/Penalty- D/3 sacks, 3 hits, 7 pressures

DJ williams- A
611 Snaps/Run defense- A/Pass Defense- B/Pass rush- C+/4 Sacks, 4 Hits, 3 Pressures

Jason Hunter- B+
471 snaps/Run defense- B+/Pass Defense- B+/Pass rush- C/3 sacks, 4 hits, 14 Qb pressures

Robert Ayers- B+
311 Snaps/Run Defense- B+/Pass Rush- B/Pass Coverage- C/1 sack, 7 hits, 8 pressures

Joe Mays- C-
66 snaps/Run Defense- B/Pass Defense- C/Pass Rush- C/Penalty- D

Jarvis Moss- D
66 snaps/Run Defense- C/Pass Defense- C/Pass Rush C-/1 Qb sack, 1 Qb hit, 2 Qb pressure

Champ Bailey- A
589 snaps/Pass Defense- A-/Run Defense-B+

Renaldo hill- B
577 snaps/Pass Defense- C+/Run Defense- B+

Brian Dawkins- C
444 snaps/Pass Defense-C-/Run Defense- B/Pass Rush- C-/1 sack, 1 Hit, 4 pressures

Perish Cox- B
423 snaps/Pass Defense- B+/Run Defense-C+

Nate Jones- C-
411 Snaps/Pass Defense-D+/Run Defense-C+/Pass Rush- C-/1 Qb hit, 2 Qb pressures

Andre Goodman-D
151 Snaps/Pass Defense-D/Run Defense- C

Darcel Mcbath- C
119 snaps/Pass Defense- C/Run Defense- C

Sydquan Thompson- C+
86 snaps/Pass Defense- C+/Run Defense- C

Elevation inc
11-18-2010, 05:40 AM
OFFENSE-must have more than 40 snaps to qualify(sorry Tebow..lol)

Jabar Gaffney- C-
534 snaps/Catching- B/Run Block- D-

Brandon Lloyd- A+
487 snaps/Catching- A+(highest graded WR in the NFL right now)/Run block- C-

Eddie Royal- B-
354 snaps/Catching- B-/Run Block- C

Demaryius Thomas- B+
123 Snaps/Catching-B+/Run Block- C+

Daniel Graham- D
561 Snaps/Catching-D/Pass Block- C/Run Block- D-/2 sacks, 2 hits, 2 pressures allowed

Dan Gronkowski-C
238 snaps/Catching- C-/Pass Block- B-/Run Block- C/No pressure allowed

Richard Quinn- C
45 snaps/Catching- C/Pass Block- C/Run block- C/No pressure allowed

JD Walton- F(last 2 games big time improvement though)
629 snaps/Pass Block- F/Run Block- F/Penalty- C-/2 sacks, 3 hits, 14 pressures allowed

Ryan Clady- B
616 snaps/Pass Block- C/Run block- B+/4 sacks, 2 hits, 20 pressures allowed

Kris Kuper- D
553 snaps/Pass Block- C+/Run block- F/2 sacks, 2 hits, 9 pressures allowed

Zane Beadles- F(solid Improvement last few games though)
492 snaps/Pass Block- F/Run Block- D/2 sacks, 3 hits, 22 pressures Allowed

Russ Hochstein- D
340 snaps/Pass Block- C-/Run block- C-/Penalty- C-/3 sacks, 3 hits, 3 pressures allowed

Stanley Daniels- D
304 snaps/Pass block-C/Run Block- F/2 sacks, 6 pressures allowed

Ryan Harris- C-
212 snaps/Pass Block- C-/Run Block- C-/1 sack, 2 hits, 7 pressures allowed

Kyle Orton- A
626 snaps/Passing game- A/Penalty- C-

Corell Buckhalter- D
226 snaps/Pass game-D/Run game- D-/Pass block- C

Knowshon Moreno- C
247 snaps/Pass game- B/Run game- C-/Pass block- C-

Spencer Larsen- C
121 snaps/Pass Game- C/Run game- C/Pass Block- C/Run block- C-

Lawrence Maroney- D
108 snaps/Pass game- C-/Run game- D+/Pass Block- C

Elevation inc
11-18-2010, 05:48 AM
also grades came out for KC and on offense we didnt have a single negative grade at any position, in our 3 wins 4 or more OL/TE/FB players had good games, in our 6 losses only 1 or 2 players on the OL/TE/FB had solid games

its clear when are line plays well this team is balanced....also we already knew this but moreno had his best rated game of the season by far, and it wasnt just the OL, it was him as well....he had his best run game grade of the year

Now on defense Dawkins, Mcbean, Bannan, Moss all had pretty negatives gardes, while the rest of the defense was slightly above average in all facets. Jamal Williams, and haggan had the best rated games followed by vickerson, Dj, and Mcbath.

Im thinking according to this site the prevent D is why champ allowed so much yardage and these guys seem to think so as well.....guess we will find out if it was a aberation come monday.....

Elevation inc
11-18-2010, 06:12 AM
also through 9 weeks-

we have the 17th rated overall offense, 20th overall rated defense and 4th overall rated special teams unit

Pass offense- 2nd overall rated
Rush offense- 32 overall rated
Pass Block- 21 overall rated
Run Block- 22 overall rated
Penalty- 21 overall rated

Run Defense- 16 overall overall rated
Pass Rush- 30 overall rated
Pass Coverage- 6 overall rated
Penalty- 13 overall rated

rcsodak
11-18-2010, 08:02 AM
I disagree on mcbean/vickerson. Both have been the best vs run. Some others were head scrarchers as well. Oh well....it was just one opinion. Thx for the info.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

topscribe
11-18-2010, 08:49 AM
I personally disagree with a few of those.

But I saluted you for bringing them to us. I'm not going to shoot the messenger. :D

-----

TXBRONC
11-18-2010, 08:51 AM
also grades came out for KC and on offense we didnt have a single negative grade at any position, in our 3 wins 4 or more OL/TE/FB players had good games, in our 6 losses only 1 or 2 players on the OL/TE/FB had solid games

its clear when are line plays well this team is balanced....also we already knew this but moreno had his best rated game of the season by far, and it wasnt just the OL, it was him as well....he had his best run game grade of the year

Now on defense Dawkins, Mcbean, Bannan, Moss all had pretty negatives gardes, while the rest of the defense was slightly above average in all facets. Jamal Williams, and haggan had the best rated games followed by vickerson, Dj, and Mcbath.

Im thinking according to this site the prevent D is why champ allowed so much yardage and these guys seem to think so as well.....guess we will find out if it was a aberation come monday.....

I agree that the defense was playing soft coverage with that big lead. The Chiefs scored 29 points but they had to earn every last score.

Btw thank you for the informations Elevation. :salute: :beer:

ogplife
11-18-2010, 08:57 AM
I know there are some people that aren't alway's appreciative of the info, but I am. Anyway the two things that made me feel good was most of the good to average ratings were our defensive players under age 30 and the improvement of Walton/Beadles over the last couple of weeks. If those guys can prove they are legit starters by the end of the year we won't have to take an O lineman (unless they don't trust Harris anymore and want to replace him, which would be understandable) and we can use the first three picks on 2 d lineman and one pick on the best player available.

Elevation inc
11-18-2010, 09:57 AM
I disagree on mcbean/vickerson. Both have been the best vs run. Some others were head scrarchers as well. Oh well....it was just one opinion. Thx for the info.

MCbean has been horrible against the run he and bannan are not even ranked in the top 50 3-4 DE's in the league overall and both have bottom feeding ratings against the run, where as vickerson is rated 22 overall and thomas is rated 8 overall

this site gives out a number rating which i cant use due to copyright stuff but to put it in perspective a C rating or 0.0 is average

a tidbit for you is that both Mcbean and Bannan have lower than a -8.0 rating against the run.....

Dzone
11-18-2010, 10:08 AM
Good info..thanks...overall team D is on the rise

rcsodak
11-18-2010, 10:38 AM
Well all I can fo off these last couple weeks is dave/scott, an both have said he's playing good. As for vickerson. Our run D went to shit the moment he got hurt....and shutdown kc when he got back. Coincidence?

Elevation inc
11-18-2010, 10:55 AM
Well all I can fo off these last couple weeks is dave/scott, an both have said he's playing good. As for vickerson. Our run D went to shit the moment he got hurt....and shutdown kc when he got back. Coincidence?

vickerson is solid yes a C is not a bad grade it essentially means he is doing his job....its mcbean who i was implying sucks.....he and bannan have been atrocious....and jamal untill the KC games was not doing well at all

i like vickerson and am glad we have him and thomas or we would be really screwed.....hopefully bannan starts pulling his head out of his butt.

we do need to re-sign Thoams and Vickerson, aquire a Depth DE in FA, Draft a DE high and look at NT as well

rcsodak
11-18-2010, 11:04 AM
vickerson is solid yes a C is not a bad grade it essentially means he is doing his job....its mcbean who i was implying sucks.....he and bannan have been atrocious....and jamal untill the KC games was not doing well at all

i like vickerson and am glad we have him and thomas or we would be really screwed.....hopefully bannan starts pulling his head out of his butt.

we do need to re-sign Thoams and Vickerson, aquire a Depth DE in FA, Draft a DE high and look at NT as well
well to be fair to bannon/jw, BOTH came from 34D's, and up until the kc game, had been discarded. No different than asking moss to switch and we saw how that worked out. Lol

Elevation inc
11-18-2010, 11:27 AM
well to be fair to bannon/jw, BOTH came from 34D's, and up until the kc game, had been discarded. No different than asking moss to switch and we saw how that worked out. Lol

we played the 3-4 untill oakland/SF and there worst grades were Jacksonville/indy and the jets FYI.....im glad we scrapped the 4-3 because your right thats part of the problem as i said a few weeks ago 310 lb guys arent suppose to play 4-3 DE becasue that is just retarded, but its what we did.

the only game we have played the 3-4 where they were good though was the Sea game and the KC game....hopefully KC is a jump start to better play from those guys...

TXBRONC
11-18-2010, 11:33 AM
we played the 3-4 untill oakland/SF and there worst grades were Jacksonville/indy and the jets FYI.....im glad we scrapped the 4-3 because your right thats part of the problem as i said a few weeks ago 310 lb guys arent suppose to play 4-3 DE becasue that is just retarded, but its what we did.

the only game we have played the 3-4 where they were good though was the Sea game and the KC game....hopefully KC is a jump start to better play from those guys...

If they play well against San Diego and we win that will give me a little more confidence that we might be getting on a role.

dogfish
11-18-2010, 11:56 AM
sorry INC, i just can't accept results that rank moss and maroney higher than an F. . . :laugh:

BroncoStud
11-18-2010, 11:59 AM
Good man has played poorly. Of course being unable to stop the run most of the season doesn't make a CB's job easy. But still...

Champ is just amazing. The guy is so good and I thought that they had him undervalued in the run game, he's a great tackler and helps out a lot with the run despite being downfield most of the time.

Elevation inc
11-18-2010, 12:27 PM
sorry INC, i just can't accept results that rank moss and maroney higher than an F. . . :laugh:

lol..well close enough...and moss is already gone so thats good:beer:

dogfish
11-18-2010, 01:05 PM
lol..well close enough...and moss is already gone so thats good:beer:

good, indeed, and it'll be better when maroney and hochstein get kicked to the curb as well. . .

:beer:

i hope we can get veikune on the field in some pass rush packages at some point this year, give him a chance to show whether he can do anything. . .

missingnumber7
11-18-2010, 01:39 PM
Grading is what it is, a purely Subjective. the writer making his opinion known. I can grade anyone on anything. You cannot compare 2 players to the same situation because there are no 2 situations that have exactly the same in a game.

rcsodak
11-18-2010, 01:42 PM
its only cuz of the small sampling size, dog. Relax. :D

Elevation inc
11-18-2010, 01:44 PM
Grading is what it is, a purely Subjective. the writer making his opinion known. I can grade anyone on anything. You cannot compare 2 players to the same situation because there are no 2 situations that have exactly the same in a game.

HUH??? these are actual ratings based of in depth statistics by guys at profootballfocus.com that break down every single game, for every single player, for every single team and every single possible statistic.....they are literally the top stats guys out there

rcsodak
11-18-2010, 01:47 PM
good, indeed, and it'll be better when maroney and hochstein get kicked to the curb as well. . .

:beer:

i hope we can get veikune on the field in some pass rush packages at some point this year, give him a chance to show whether he can do anything. . .
wonder what kind of shape he's in. Hopefully he doesnt pass out his 1st practice at 5200ft.

Bosco
11-18-2010, 05:36 PM
Our defensive line hasn't been great, but some of those gradings are real head scratchers.

robert ethan
11-18-2010, 08:07 PM
That move to start the two rookies was SO BONEHEADED. McDaniels tossed the season right there. Back in training camp.

Bosco
11-18-2010, 08:29 PM
That move to start the two rookies was SO BONEHEADED. McDaniels tossed the season right there. Back in training camp.

No, having to start our LG at RT to cover for our constantly injured starter while a turnstyle existed next to the rookie center pretty much ****** everything up. Getting the intended starting lineup back resulted in excellent OL play.

robert ethan
11-18-2010, 08:45 PM
No, having to start our LG at RT to cover for our constantly injured starter while a turnstyle existed next to the rookie center pretty much ****** everything up. Getting the intended starting lineup back resulted in excellent OL play.

The entire line was crippled or inexperienced WELL before the season began. The team did NOTHING to address the issues. It was a train wreck you could see coming a mile away.

Bosco
11-18-2010, 08:56 PM
The entire line was crippled or inexperienced WELL before the season began. The team did NOTHING to address the issues. It was a train wreck you could see coming a mile away.

Really? Our only holes were at LG and center, both of which were filled with early picks. Clady was ready to go to start the season even if he wasn't 100% and Harris and Kuper didn't get injured until the end of preseason and week 1 respectively.

Revisionist history FTW.

Jake Klug
11-18-2010, 09:25 PM

Yeah, the offensive line situation was a big whiff. They went into the year with a couple of injured guys and a couple of rookies. And as a result the line sucked. Not knowing what they had going in was a massive gaffe.

Elevation inc
11-19-2010, 04:49 AM
actually LG and center were the only unknowns going into the year...at the point harris and kuper got injured there was nothing left on the market since it was right before seasons start. Hochstein actually was aservicable vet last year, and peopel forget he destroyed his knee last year and essentially came back early than expected so of course he wasnt going to be 100%, daniels actually for the year wasnt horrible he is a guy who never started who was thrust there becasue of injuries to harris forcing beadles to move to RT. Daniels simply wasnt athletic enough to do some of the things asked of him....

the good news is maybe the coaching staff did know what they were doing with the OL, because the game they finally get the look they were going for turns out to be the best game of the season.....thats not a coincidence...and the 2 rookies have steadily improved and have done well the last 3 games with continued improvement....so yes it sucked having injuries and rookies but perhaps thats behind us now....we should focus on some better depth next year though in FA in case injury hits again.....

Elevation inc
11-19-2010, 04:51 AM
Our defensive line hasn't been great, but some of those gradings are real head scratchers.

which ones bother you???? the jamal and bannan ones are pretty spot on....

Jake Klug
11-19-2010, 02:29 PM
Its kind of pleasing to see Marcus Thomas get a B+. He kind of flies under radar. Also, that means the 07 draft wasnt so bad.

TXBRONC
11-19-2010, 02:35 PM

We're 30th in rush defense so those kind of grades are going to be given.

missingnumber7
11-19-2010, 03:28 PM
HUH??? these are actual ratings based of in depth statistics by guys at profootballfocus.com that break down every single game, for every single player, for every single team and every single possible statistic.....they are literally the top stats guys out there

Thats fine and all, but their grading criteria is still purely subjective. Unless they compare situations that are exactly the same. The purpose of grading is evaluating similar situations. If I were to give you a 1st grade math test and then myself take an advanced calculus test and you got an A and I got a C would you say that then you were better at math than I was? That is the same as comparing a team that has played the 4th place schedule the same as the team playing the 1st place schedule without putting a qualifier in there or grading on a curve.

Bosco
11-20-2010, 01:15 AM

You know how I feel about these guys and the work they do. I don't think we really need to rehash that argument again.

Elevation inc
11-20-2010, 05:15 AM
You know how I feel about these guys and the work they do. I don't think we really need to rehash that argument again.

lol oh yea i remeber now.....

Elevation inc
11-20-2010, 05:17 AM
Thats fine and all, but their grading criteria is still purely subjective. Unless they compare situations that are exactly the same. The purpose of grading is evaluating similar situations. If I were to give you a 1st grade math test and then myself take an advanced calculus test and you got an A and I got a C would you say that then you were better at math than I was? That is the same as comparing a team that has played the 4th place schedule the same as the team playing the 1st place schedule without putting a qualifier in there or grading on a curve.

they do that i just put a letter grade to there ratings which are quite substantial because of copyright issues, there actual criteria on the site is so advanced and so in depth you have to pay 90 dollars a year just for the info...the letter grade is just something i try to do to avoid copyright stuff, but still bring the info here....

there actual ratings are based off serious film watching of every play over and over again, for every team and player every week.....

Elevation inc
11-20-2010, 05:20 AM
Its kind of pleasing to see Marcus Thomas get a B+. He kind of flies under radar. Also, that means the 07 draft wasnt so bad.

yeah Thomas is actually the 8th rated 3-4 DE in the league right now, we better re-sign him soon before FA hits.....as for the 07 draft class jarvis moss ruined that draft class hands down.....harris and thomas are still with us thank god but moss wil lforever keep the class from being considered a good draft in my eyes...lol

rationalfan
11-20-2010, 11:38 AM
overall grades will be based off letters since i cant put the actuall number due to copyright laws

i'm not sure what that means, especially since i don't know what numbers you're talking about.

i think you're worrying too much. as long as you cite the source for anything you post here you're golden. the problem is taking credit for something you didn't write/create.

and, of course, the mods will tell you to link back to the source pages, out of courtesy.

as for the grades of these players, they're meaningless without stating the methods/criteria for judgement.

Elevation inc
11-20-2010, 12:08 PM
i'm not sure what that means, especially since i don't know what numbers you're talking about.

i think you're worrying too much. as long as you cite the source for anything you post here you're golden. the problem is taking credit for something you didn't write/create.

and, of course, the mods will tell you to link back to the source pages, out of courtesy.

as for the grades of these players, they're meaningless without stating the methods/criteria for judgement.

no actually when you sign up as a member there there premium stats cant not be posted anywhere without violating copyright laws its in the user agreement when you pay the 90 a year.....and i knwo for a fact its legit as a webiste that was using there stats without premission is now being sued.....

and you cant link back to the source pages since its for paying members only....