PDA

View Full Version : That Moreno TD was awesome

PAINTERDAVE
11-18-2010, 12:06 AM
I just watched that touchdown again at the 8 minute point in the Cheifs beat down.

I mean... those guys were all over him and he would simply NOT be denied.

Since he is healthy...
and the o-line seems to have found a new cohesivness...
it seems like Moreno has a new found confidence.

I am hoping like heck that he carries it straight to the Chargers goal line over and over on Monday night.

The guy just may be on the brink of a huge break out in his career.

I have high hopes for a great running game Monday night.

broncobryce
11-18-2010, 12:11 AM
Me too. I think it will be fine. Again, people need patience, even this lineup of o-line hasn't played together long. People don't want to hear it, but its true. Moreno is a good player. He is great in space, good blocker, good receiver, and we saw what happens when you put the ball in his hands 20+ times.

PAINTERDAVE
11-18-2010, 12:39 AM
Well.. he held out as a rook.
The he had a rookie year... fumbling and such.
Then he got hurt.
Then the o-line stumbled and got the jitters.
Then Buck and Maroney stumbled.

Now he has finally got a decent shot at showing us what he's got.
Last week was a start. First 100 yard game.

I think he is gonna shine a little bit on Monday Night.

Canmore
11-18-2010, 12:51 AM
Well.. he held out as a rook.
The he had a rookie year... fumbling and such.
Then he got hurt.
Then the o-line stumbled and got the jitters.
Then Buck and Maroney stumbled.

Now he has finally got a decent shot at showing us what he's got.
Last week was a start. First 100 yard game.

I think he is gonna shine a little bit on Monday Night.

If we are going to beat the Chargers I think Moreno is going to have to be able to contribute, both running, receiving and blocking. We can't be just one demensional unless we get a huge lift from our special teams. Just Kyle and the receiving core are not going to be enough. The defense is going to need to step up also.

Dirk
11-19-2010, 06:53 AM
If we are going to beat the Chargers I think Moreno is going to have to be able to contribute, both running, receiving and blocking. We can't be just one demensional unless we get a huge lift from our special teams. Just Kyle and the receiving core are not going to be enough. The defense is going to need to step up also.

I totally agree. I know I have been harping on this, but Champ is gonna have to stop thinking he can play 10 yards off. He is getting burned too often.

If the defense shows up and plays hard, we have a great chance to win on Monday.

gobroncsnv
11-19-2010, 08:01 AM
Rivers has shown that he is not afraid to throw Champ's way... time for 24 to show that he can make them pay. (I did not, at the time, intend for that to rhyme...)

Dzone
11-19-2010, 11:04 AM
who has a link to it? I want to check it out...thanks

rationalfan
11-19-2010, 11:16 AM
yeah, great run. and don't forget how he wrestled/flipped that final defender into the end zone with him. nice display of strength.

MasterShake
11-19-2010, 11:22 AM
who has a link to it? I want to check it out...thanks

Around the 25 Second Mark:

69qz9EgwOCA

BroncoNut
11-19-2010, 11:32 AM
nice catch and running td, great protecFtion up front, he was able to evade one defender and propelled another with him at and over the goal line. That's basic football and what he should be doing. well shy of awesome imo. Sorry, just not that play alone doesn't get me all a jitter yet. I'd like to see him as more of a threat between the tackles. That might make me a bit hard

TXBRONC
11-19-2010, 12:11 PM
nice catch and running td, great protecFtion up front, he was able to evade one defender and propelled another with him at and over the goal line. That's basic football and what he should be doing. well shy of awesome imo. Sorry, just not that play alone doesn't get me all a jitter yet. I'd like to see him as more of a threat between the tackles. That might make me a bit hard

Last Sunday was good start towards showing that Moreno can run between the tackles. It's the all in all to end all but everyone has to starter somewhere. I would love to see a repeat preformance against the Chargers on Monday. :elefant:

broncofaninfla
11-19-2010, 01:15 PM
Moreno FINALLY did his job last weekend, nothing more, hopefully it continues, I'd love to see him improve and reach the level of legitimate starter and running threat for Denver. It's MNF against the Bolts, hopefully he'll step up on the big stage and add some doubt to some who feel he is a bust.

Jake Klug
11-19-2010, 02:53 PM
Moreno asnt done anything unless its been giftwrapped for him. He overjukes and too often stumbles in space. He's definitely not great in space. He also doesnt use his blockers when he has a convoy. There are many times when you look at him in space and say, that play could have been a lot more had he made that guy miss.

The o-line had a good game but this idea that Moreno is more than previously thought because the o-line had a good game is sketchy.

The Glue Factory
11-19-2010, 04:12 PM
There are many times when you look at him in space and say, that play could have been a lot more had he made that guy miss.

And that can be said of ALL backs and WRs in the NFL. :coffee:

Jake Klug
11-19-2010, 04:15 PM
Moreno asnt done anything unless its been giftwrapped for him. He overjukes and too often stumbles in space. He's definitely not great in space. He also doesnt use his blockers when he has a convoy. There are many times when you look at him in space and say, that play could have been a lot more had he made that guy miss.

The o-line had a good game but this idea that Moreno is more than previously thought because the o-line had a good game is sketchy.

And that can be said of ALL backs and WRs in the NFL. :coffee:

You focused on the wrong part of the sentence. The part I bolded and undelined indicates that its relative. LOL.

The Glue Factory
11-19-2010, 05:43 PM
You focused on the wrong part of the sentence. The part I bolded and undelined indicates that its relative. LOL.

Still applies to just about any ball carrier in the league. :coffee: It's like saying trees have green leaves.

Jake Klug
11-19-2010, 05:56 PM
Still applies to just about any ball carrier in the league. :coffee: It's like saying trees have green leaves.

No it doesnt because, again, its relative to others...which is what I just pointed out to you.

Dzone
11-19-2010, 06:09 PM
Good Oline play+Moreno=YARDS
Its going to happen if the kid can stay healthy

PAINTERDAVE
11-19-2010, 07:14 PM
It's all about what he can do from here on out...
not what he did last year...
last half of the season... or even last week.

That said... I think he is poised for a big breakout game.

I could be wrong.

And, Lex, nobody says he is more than he is...
Heck , dude was the first RB picked in the first round last year.
With those kind of expectations...
we are still waiting to see what he can do when healthy with a good o-line.

Last week was just a taste.

Nobody has said he is the second coming of Barry Sanders...
we just see some signs of possibly fulfilling the role he was drafted for....
in the now... in the tomorrow... in the rest of the season.

Please dont come back on here with stats from last season trying to convince us how crappy Moreno is.

We get it. He has not lived up to his potential. That is not what anyone in this thread was talking about. Nor were they praising him to high heaven.

Dzone
11-19-2010, 09:07 PM
anyone besides laurence baloney...that dude is trrrrrble

Bosco
11-20-2010, 01:24 AM
Amazing what some decent blocking can do.

The Glue Factory
11-20-2010, 08:51 AM
No it doesnt because, again, its relative to others...which is what I just pointed out to you.

You sure are stuck on yourself aren't you? You just don't get what I'm saying, so I'll restate even more plainly. Your comment about Moreno (If he'd have only made that guy miss) is true of just about every ball carrier in the NFL. Many, many, MANY times I've said the same about every running back (including TD) and well over half the receivers Denver has had over the years.

Jake Klug
11-20-2010, 08:53 AM
You sure are stuck on yourself aren't you? You just don't get what I'm saying, so I'll restate even more plainly. Your comment about Moreno (If he'd have only made that guy miss) is true of just about every ball carrier in the NFL. Many, many, MANY times I've said the same about every running back (including TD) and well over half the receivers Denver has had over the years.

This was pointless. I already knew this is what you were suggesting.

The Glue Factory
11-20-2010, 11:42 AM
This was pointless. I already knew this is what you were suggesting.

And your original statement about Moreno making people miss is just blatantly obvious that it applies to other players/teams as well (like all of them.) It's such a general statement that hearing a HC answer a question about why they lost with "They scored more points than us." would make everyone in the room do a reflexive face palm.

Jake Klug
11-20-2010, 11:45 AM
And your original statement about Moreno making people miss is just blatantly obvious that it applies to other players/teams as well (like all of them.) It's such a general statement that hearing a HC answer a question about why they lost with "They scored more points than us." would make everyone in the room do a reflexive face palm.

And the wording reflects that its a comment relative to others. We've been over this. I dont see why you're having such a hard time with that. And if you had any sense of this, you would'nt have glossed over this by bolding the wrong part of the sentence. So, dont try to claiming that anything is obvious.