PDA

View Full Version : Why We Can Win Monday Night

WARHORSE
11-17-2010, 03:56 PM
Thoughts?

I noticed the Chargers are ranked number 3 against the pass.
I went and looked at who they defended.

Cassell
Garrard
Hassellbeck
M. Hall
J. Campbell
S. Bradford
T.Brady
V. Young
M. Schaub

Not exactly a booming list. Vince Young threw for 253 and two TDs on them.
I checked the games and I think we can pass on these clowns.

On the flip side, Rivers has uncorked it. We will need to get ahead in this game right away just like last week.

We will need to be balanced....just like last week.

We need some different looks....just like last week.

We need to convert TDs every time we get in the redzone.

We're gonna need to win up front in a big way.

BRING IT ON. The Dolts SUCK anyways.:coffee:

arapaho2
11-17-2010, 04:21 PM
the key to beating the bolts will be to contain gates...the offense flows thru him

1. we need to jam him at the line, with a lbr ...disrupt the timing take him away by playing man to man on him, or have a lbr jam him and then a safety or nickle pick him up ...dont let him sneak uncovered into the second level in a zone

2. pressure rivers...specially key in on the rb screen...thats his bread an butter

3. when the rbs go to chip the defender in the backfield...the defender must knock the rb on his ass...that disrupts the potent screen game

4. we must controll the clock...establishing a run game is paramount

5. be effective and above all creative in the redzone

6. win the special teams battle

threefolddead
11-17-2010, 05:50 PM
Hopefully Champ will be out for blood after being imbaressed last week. Whether do to actually getting beat or our game plan at that point no player can really walk away from that with their head held up high and no chip on their shoulder. I'm looking forward to seeing Phyllis cry when he tests Champs side of the field.

sanluis
11-17-2010, 05:52 PM
the key to beating the bolts will be to contain gates...the offense flows thru him

1. we need to jam him at the line, with a lbr ...disrupt the timing take him away by playing man to man on him, or have a lbr jam him and then a safety or nickle pick him up ...dont let him sneak uncovered into the second level in a zone

2. pressure rivers...specially key in on the rb screen...thats his bread an butter

3. when the rbs go to chip the defender in the backfield...the defender must knock the rb on his ass...that disrupts the potent screen game

4. we must controll the clock...establishing a run game is paramount

5. be effective and above all creative in the redzone

6. win the special teams battle

:listen:Gates is probably out.

UnderArmour
11-17-2010, 05:57 PM
If the Broncos score more points than the Chargers on Monday night, they will win the game.

arapaho2
11-17-2010, 06:02 PM

i wont count him out until i dont se him in the lineup

sanluis
11-17-2010, 06:05 PM
i wont count him out until i dont se him in the lineup

Rivers is the key not Gates. Rivers is kicking ass with practice squad players. Having gates would be a bonus IMO.

Dirk
11-17-2010, 06:15 PM
Hopefully Champ will be out for blood after being imbaressed last week. Whether do to actually getting beat or our game plan at that point no player can really walk away from that with their head held up high and no chip on their shoulder. I'm looking forward to seeing Phyllis cry when he tests Champs side of the field.

I completely agree. Champ was playing almost 10 yards off on most of the plays. He is getting burned more and more. He needs to get his head outa his ... and play with heart on Monday!

arapaho2
11-17-2010, 06:30 PM
Rivers is the key not Gates. Rivers is kicking ass with practice squad players. Having gates would be a bonus IMO.

and again thats where i said we must put pressure on rivers and in my opinion take away the rb screens which is a huge safety valve for rivers

tomjonesrocks
11-17-2010, 06:34 PM
Some optimistic posts here.

Would be relatively easy for me to attend this game in person but cannot bring myself to do it. Would be great to see an upset but the likelihood of spending all that dough yet again to watch yet another pathetic losing effort in the lion's den is enough to cool my jets.

I just don't think the Broncos defense will be able to stop Rivers. Think the only hope is some big plays taking advantage of the Chargers' terrible special teams play.

spikerman
11-17-2010, 06:35 PM
We're gonna need to win up front in a big way.

Uh oh. :tsk:

TimTebow15MVP
11-17-2010, 06:39 PM
why we will win.....

its all about the broncos. i think the players realize what the rivalry games mean now. after oakland spanking us an laughing about it enjoying it the most because it was denver, and then us smacking kc around so bad there coach snubbed our coach out. everything shoulld be tense. the broncos need to go out and pound the tasers around. we will win t his game.

dogfish
11-17-2010, 07:33 PM
warhorse - jake klug steel cage match. . .

make it happen!

SR
11-17-2010, 08:56 PM
If the Broncos score more points than the Chargers on Monday night, they will win the game.

Now THAT is the kind of insight I was hoping for when I opened this thread. You and John Madden are probably the best ever. Just sayin'. :laugh:

SR
11-17-2010, 08:58 PM
Some optimistic posts here.

Would be relatively easy for me to attend this game in person but cannot bring myself to do it. Would be great to see an upset but the likelihood of spending all that dough yet again to watch yet another pathetic losing effort in the lion's den is enough to cool my jets.

I just don't think the Broncos defense will be able to stop Rivers. Think the only hope is some big plays taking advantage of the Chargers' terrible special teams play.

I'm surprised no one else has mentioned this yet. We have a real opportunity to force turnovers. Rivers is tearing it up this year, no doubt, but he has still thrown stupid picks. If we put pressure on him, we can get them too. We also need to bring the heat on punts too.

And I see what you see about the game. It's optimistic to think we can win, but reality is a little different. Beating the Chefs didn't give me a real reason to believe we can win the tough games against teams like San Diego.

Joel
11-17-2010, 09:07 PM
We can win Monday because this season's on crack and parity has been restored through the simple expedient of ensuring every team plays erratically. :tongue:

PAINTERDAVE
11-17-2010, 09:36 PM
We CAN win... but WILL we win?

We got our back up against the wall.

Gotta contain Sproles on ST's..
get good field position.

We gotta minimize mistakes and penalties.

We can go toe to toe with these guys...
Jarvis Moss wont be there to jump offsides.

The team that turns the ball over most will lose.

Gotta just play lights out and take it to 'em in their own house.

We did it last year... so a lot of these guys KNOW it can be done.

The season is on the line...

Go Broncos!:defense:

Broncos Mtnman
11-17-2010, 11:18 PM
I'm surprised no one else has mentioned this yet. We have a real opportunity to force turnovers. Rivers is tearing it up this year, no doubt, but he has still thrown stupid picks. If we put pressure on him, we can get them too. We also need to bring the heat on punts too.

I don't know where you get that he has thrown stupid picks.

He only has 8 this year. And based on the number of attempts, he's only throwing an INT 2.4% of the time.

broncobryce
11-18-2010, 12:03 AM

He only has 8 this year. And based on the number of attempts, he's only throwing an INT 2.4% of the time.

He must have got him confused with Cutty.

Broncos Mtnman
11-18-2010, 12:17 AM
He must have got him confused with Cutty.

You mean the QB of the 6-3 Bears?

:coffee:

SR
11-18-2010, 12:19 AM

I get that because I've watched a few of them happen with my eyes. A couple of his interceptions were throws that were better off being thrown out of bounds or he should have just eaten the sack. I didn't say he's throwing a ton of picks. He is good for almost one per game, so how we use that is up to us.

SR
11-18-2010, 12:21 AM

The same Jay Cutler that has all of one more interception than Rivers.

Dzone
11-18-2010, 01:33 AM
Hey we hammered the team everybody was talking about..that feels great...
some washington radio host dude named chad duke really went off on snyder and shannahan...saying You suck..blah blah blah...Did anyone hear that?Bronco fans are being mild on Mcd in comparison, and the big win on Sunday has been like a huge relief, but man, I think shannahan is getting hammered by redskin fans this week. People Saying his team quit, etc...I loved shanny when he was here, but he seems like he is losing it in Washington..and we may be better off without him now. Seems the game has passed him by .Not sure who is getting slammed hardest Mcd or shannahan...That $75 Million to a guy who isnt even in shape enough to lead the team...lol..Man, Mcd is not the only guy messing things up.
Anyway, feeling good about our chances in SD...hopefully the new LB will bring new energy to ST, if hes activated...we gotta believe that the OL is now set. Rookies can excel on OL..Zane and JD, sounds like a western movie Also gotta like teammates talking about Harris playing with a mean streak..I always thought Harris was kinda mild...maybe fragile...

TimTebow15MVP
11-18-2010, 05:23 AM

who cutler with the 12 tds 9 ints. who chicago uses as a game manager cutler? :coffee:

TXBRONC
11-18-2010, 08:41 AM

Doesn't he have foot injury?

SoCalImport
11-18-2010, 09:16 AM
Doesn't he have foot injury?

Yep. He himself said it was about 50/50 as heather or not he'd play this week.

rcsodak
11-18-2010, 09:16 AM
I completely agree. Champ was playing almost 10 yards off on most of the plays. He is getting burned more and more. He needs to get his head outa his ... and play with heart on Monday!
Its called 'playing WITHIN the scheme.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Mike
11-18-2010, 09:17 AM
Its called 'playing WITHIN the scheme.

Then I hope they fix the "scheme."

rcsodak
11-18-2010, 09:19 AM

His bad....he was prolly thinking of cutler. :coffee:

rcsodak
11-18-2010, 09:21 AM

damn that defense, huh? If he didnt have them to fall back on......... :coffee:

rcsodak
11-18-2010, 09:27 AM
Then I hope they fix the "scheme."

So you'd rather they let them run for 300yds? They were down 35pts, mike, and the highest they'd scored was 21 (I think) all yr. It was junk yards like what jake(?) had when they got hammered by vick and atlanta. Great for stats/FF....nothing more.

rcsodak
11-18-2010, 09:29 AM
I guess Lex isn't up yet? :rolleyes:

BroncoNut
11-18-2010, 09:48 AM
I'll play the part of Lex this a.m. I love talking trash to big pacific islanders over the internet.

of course we can win. that's why the games are played. this thread is pointless War.

rcsodak
11-18-2010, 10:44 AM
I'll play the part of Lex this a.m. I love talking trash to big pacific islanders over the internet.

of course we can win. that's why the games are played. this thread is pointless War.
Nut grows a pair.
just doin my part :salute:

TXBRONC
11-18-2010, 10:50 AM
Yep. He himself said it was about 50/50 as heather or not he'd play this week.

I thought that what I read on the NFLN ticker tape last night.

arapaho2
11-18-2010, 11:04 AM
So you'd rather they let them run for 300yds? They were down 35pts, mike, and the highest they'd scored was 21 (I think) all yr. It was junk yards like what jake(?) had when they got hammered by vick and atlanta. Great for stats/FF....nothing more.

junk yards like plummer against the colts in the post season...same thing

Broncos Mtnman
11-18-2010, 05:11 PM
The same Jay Cutler that has all of one more interception than Rivers.

Yeah, that's the guy.

6-3 and in 1st place.

How are those impressive stats for KO workin' for ya?

Broncos Mtnman
11-18-2010, 05:13 PM
who cutler with the 12 tds 9 ints. who chicago uses as a game manager cutler? :coffee:

Yep, that's the guy.

He's managed his team to 6-3.

How's the "manager" of the Mickey Mouse Club doing with his impressive stats?

Broncos Mtnman
11-18-2010, 05:15 PM
damn that defense, huh? If he didnt have them to fall back on......... :coffee:

I'm sorry, are you implying that wins and losses aren't only on the QB?

I bet if I look up the word irony in the dictionary, there's a picture of you, isn't there?

arapaho2
11-19-2010, 12:18 PM

I bet if I look up the word irony in the dictionary, there's a picture of you, isn't there?

rc is picture of irony

when cutler was in denver.....the 29th worst defense.....wasnt a reason we were 8-8....absalutly not a reason...all the qb

now that qb is in chicago....the winsa are all because of the defense...absalutly not the qb

T.K.O.
11-19-2010, 12:25 PM
the broncos are 10 pt underdogs for monday night.......we have them just where we want them !

"muhawhaaahahahahaha"!:shocked:

TXBRONC
11-19-2010, 12:32 PM

That's hard sell when Cutler's team is 7-3 and ours is 3-6.

While I totally disagree with your assesment it is interesting that last year Orton was applauded by some for being just a game manager.

All quarterbacks have to manage games not all of them can be more than that. Orton is nothing more game manager imo.

Mike
11-19-2010, 12:37 PM

While I totally disagree with your assesment it is interesting that last year Orton as applauded by some for being just a game manager.

All quarterbacks have to manage ganes not all of them can be more than that. Orton is nothing more game manager imo.

Chicago could be a SB winner, if Cutler could learn to settle somewhat into a game manager mindset...ie. let your team play for you and don't kill the team trying to make dumb plays.

Orton has been a game manager his whole career, but is more of a playmaker this season.

TXBRONC
11-19-2010, 12:42 PM
Chicago could be a SB winner, if Cutler could learn to settle somewhat into a game manager mindset...ie. let your team play for you and don't kill the team trying to make dumb plays.

Orton has been a game manager his whole career, but is more of a playmaker this season.

I can't disagree with you there.

Orton to a degree is more of play maker depending on what you're using as the yardstick for saying he's more of a play maker. Are we talking passing yards or touchdowns? If we're talking yards then sure because there is no doubt he's been prolific. If were talking touchdowns that's been a little out of line considering the yardage imho. I will admit readily and happily that last week's performance did help to put the two more in line with one another.

rcsodak
11-19-2010, 01:44 PM

Too bad you don't know who you're talking to. Pretty sure I've never said 1 player is responsible. I'm not the one that spews taking and putting the team one one's shoulders. I've yet to see 1 player win a game. But your boi sure does his damndest to lose 'em. :coffee:

rcsodak
11-19-2010, 01:48 PM
rc is picture of irony

when cutler was in denver.....the 29th worst defense.....wasnt a reason we were 8-8....absalutly not a reason...all the qb

now that qb is in chicago....the winsa are all because of the defense...absalutly not the qb
wrong. Its called throwing the ball to the other team inside the redzone. THAT is what MAKES a D the 29th. He constantly put them on the field and sucking the life from the O after getting into scoring position. :coffee:

rcsodak
11-19-2010, 01:50 PM

While I totally disagree with your assesment it is interesting that last year Orton was applauded by some for being just a game manager.

All quarterbacks have to manage ganes not all of them can be more than that. Orton is nothing more game manager imo.
whats your definition of a game manager, tx?

TXBRONC
11-19-2010, 02:26 PM
whats your definition of a game manager, tx?

The short answer is that a game manager doesn't win or lose you many games because they generally play it safe.

EastCoastBronco
11-19-2010, 02:59 PM
Last week's game was "Shades of '98" for me.
That team got out in front of people fast and then turned the dogs loose.
That's how we can beat Phyllis and the Chargers.
Same game plan and execution AND PASSION we used to beat the Chefs.
The Oakland game and the KC game are both sides of the proverbial coin for this team.
We can beat anyone in the league if we play to our potential instead of with our heads up our arses...

Jake Klug
11-19-2010, 03:03 PM
I dont think its a coincidence that they cut Moss this week and brought in Veikune. Its an act of desperation because Josh knows getting pressure on Rivers is paramount. And when youre cutting guys and bringing in guys off the street, thats not good. If Veikune can generate a pass rush, great, but to expect it is kind of swimming upstream.

I think the transactions of releasing Moss and signing Veikune are ominous because it shows the desperation and acknowledgment of the need to generate more pass rush.

And the fact that Champ got carved up also doesnt bode well, unless he steps up his game to rebound for last week.

The Broncos are leaking oil bad in some really bad places when going against Rivers.

T.K.O.
11-19-2010, 03:23 PM
getting rid of a guy who has been given 4 years to prove his worth....and failed is desperation ?
moss has never lived up to not only his draft position but the space he took up on the 53 man roster.
this was a good move.
:salute:

Jake Klug
11-19-2010, 03:41 PM
getting rid of a guy who has been given 4 years to prove his worth....and failed is desperation ?
moss has never lived up to not only his draft position but the space he took up on the 53 man roster.
this was a good move.

Yeah it is.

At what point did I say it was a bad move? Whether its good or bad has nothing to do with it. Its only good if Veikune is an improvement. Veikune is a guy off the street.

But its also likely a move made out of desperation.

The Glue Factory
11-19-2010, 04:07 PM
Upgrade on Moss or not is yet to be seen but desparation? I doubt it. Moss proved he wasn't worth the spot. Fortunately, someone was available to is at or better than Moss' abilities; at least on paper. We'll see if Cleveland cut him for the same reason we cut Moss or if a change of location will provide an increase in production (like A. Smith)

TimTebow15MVP
11-19-2010, 04:52 PM
Yeah it is.

At what point did I say it was a bad move? Whether its good or bad has nothing to do with it. Its only good if Veikune is an improvement. Veikune is a guy off the street.

But its also not likely a move made out of desperation. :rolleyes: Jason hunter was a guy off the streets also. So was vickerson,

Whenever you can upgrade at a position it doesnt mean your desperate. It might mean your smart??

now when you trade high draft picks for players mid season your desperate. Like the vikes did your desperate. trading for maroney was desperate and pointless. good thing we atleast got a 6th round pick with him.

TimTebow15MVP
11-19-2010, 04:55 PM
this guy couldnt fight the injury bug thats all. i hope hes healthy though because he is the type of guy you want. plenty fire and passion and that motor never stops. he throws his body around wreckless. thats probably why hes been hurt.

Broncos Mtnman
11-19-2010, 04:57 PM
Too bad you don't know who you're talking to. Pretty sure I've never said 1 player is responsible. I'm not the one that spews taking and putting the team one one's shoulders. I've yet to see 1 player win a game. But your boi sure does his damndest to lose 'em. :coffee:

:blah::blah::blah:

rcsodak
11-19-2010, 05:04 PM
The short answer is that a game manager doesn't win or lose you many games because they generally play it safe.
interesting....cuz I've heard football people call TBrady the Best game manager in the game. Frankly, I think its PManning, but its just semantics. I kinda think 5people would give 5 different answers. Its an over used label, imo.

rcsodak
11-19-2010, 05:06 PM
I dont think its a coincidence that they cut Moss this week and brought in Veikune. Its an act of desperation because Josh knows getting pressure on Rivers is paramount. And when youre cutting guys and bringing in guys off the street, thats not good. If Veikune can generate a pass rush, great, but to expect it is kind of swimming upstream.

I think the transactions of releasing Moss and signing Veikune are ominous because it shows the desperation and acknowledgment of the need to generate more pass rush.

And the fact that Champ got carved up also doesnt bode well, unless he steps up his game to rebound for last week.

The Broncos are leaking oil bad in some really bad places when going against Rivers.
:lol: :lol: :lol

rcsodak
11-19-2010, 05:12 PM
Yeah it is.

then EVERY team in the league has been "desparate". And if its not good OR bad, then it's nothing. Just a transaction in the daily business of playing football.

much ado about nuthin :coffee:

rcsodak
11-19-2010, 05:14 PM
Upgrade on Moss or not is yet to be seen but desparation? I doubt it. Moss proved he wasn't worth the spot. Fortunately, someone was available to is at or better than Moss' abilities; at least on paper. We'll see if Cleveland cut him for the same reason we cut Moss or if a change of location will provide an increase in production (like A. Smith)
well at least you'd think wink will play him in his position of strength, unlike mcgenius.

TXBRONC
11-19-2010, 06:12 PM
interesting....cuz I've heard football people call TBrady the Best game manager in the game. Frankly, I think its PManning, but its just semantics. I kinda think 5people would give 5 different answers. Its an over used label, imo.

I said earlier that all quarterbacks have to manage a game. As I also said earlier a game managers don't make a lot of plays. I don't think anyone that sees Brady or Manning as great game managers would say that they don't make a lot of plays.

BoltWalt
11-22-2010, 06:58 AM
If the Broncos score more points than the Chargers on Monday night, they will win the game.:listen:
That is a mighty big if which ain't going to happen.

arapaho2
11-22-2010, 12:42 PM
wrong. Its called throwing the ball to the other team inside the redzone. THAT is what MAKES a D the 29th. He constantly put them on the field and sucking the life from the O after getting into scoring position. :coffee:

yeah his 4 rz picks really overshadow his 17 redzone tds:rolleyes: that year

Bosco
11-22-2010, 05:30 PM
this was a good move.

You have to remember who you are talking to here.