PDA

View Full Version : Moreno-AFC West High Energy Player of the Week

broncobryce
11-16-2010, 07:06 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/20203/page/player-of-the-week/afc-west-high-energy-player-of-the-week-7

During pregame warm-ups in Denver on Sunday, I noticed a player on the field, bouncing up and down. Players often show vigor before a game, but Broncos running back Knowshon Moreno was moving around like he couldn’t wait for the game to start.

The guy must have known something.

The No. 12 overall pick in 2009 had his best NFL game. Moreno notched his first 100-plus rushing game as he finished with 106 yards on 22 carries in Denver’s 49-29 win over the first-place Chiefs. Moreno added 50 yards on three catches, including a 23-yard play in which he showed he could pound his way into the end zone.

Moreno ran as hard as he has since he started his NFL career. Moreno and his offensive line are finally healthy, so perhaps this is a sign of things to come. Denver, which had a season-high 154 rushing yards Sunday, certainly needs Moreno to keep it up. It entered Sunday’s game ranked dead last in the NFL on the ground.

broncobryce
11-16-2010, 07:07 PM
I really think this is what he can do if he gets blocking. And he would get more TD's if it wasn't for Tebow. I'm fine with that-just saying.

Montana Battlin Bear
11-16-2010, 07:13 PM
I agree, Moreno will never lead the league in rushing not because of his abilities but because of the system McD runs. Moreno will be a dynamic playmaker for the broncos for years to come

CHARLIEADAMSFAN
11-16-2010, 07:23 PM
First off let me say I'm happy about this and though Moreno possibly had something yet to come in him, but it's amazing about how people's opinions change after one game.

Canmore
11-16-2010, 07:50 PM
First off let me say I'm happy about this and though Moreno possibly had something yet to come in him, but it's amazing about how people's opinions change after one game.

It was nice to see a healthy offensive line and the running game looked great, but I reserve judgment on Moreno. He has to bring that every week.

Montana Battlin Bear
11-16-2010, 08:12 PM
I can agree with that but this entire season every time that Moreno has been able to play you have been able to see he is by far better then any running back we have on this team

broncobryce
11-16-2010, 08:17 PM

For the record I have always loved Moreno. People love to bash him.

claymore
11-16-2010, 08:27 PM
Love Moreno, hate the offense/scheme and the coaching. Moreno will be good if we can rectify that.

Jake Klug
11-16-2010, 08:36 PM
I bet Halley's Comet usually wins comet of the century too.

broncobryce
11-16-2010, 08:51 PM

You win hater of the week. Congrats

claymore
11-16-2010, 08:57 PM

Congrats on your award Jake.

broncofaninfla
11-16-2010, 09:53 PM
Has anybody even heard of this award before? Is this a real award? Moreno finally getting 100+ yards makes him elgible to win "THIS"? He had a good game BUT did what he is supposed to do, not anything beyond it. I'll vote when he does something special, not when he does his job.

rcsodak
11-16-2010, 11:11 PM

Depends on what people you're referring to.

SOME of us simply stated he needed to get healthy, and have an Oline that made holes for him.
Last week, that was the case. Thusly proving us correct.

Now, about the others....... :coffee:

rcsodak
11-16-2010, 11:13 PM

"week"? Lex?

LMAO!

He's yet to be positive about ANYTHING Broncos.

Jake Klug
11-16-2010, 11:15 PM
Has anybody even heard of this award before? Is this a real award? Moreno finally getting 100+ yards makes him elgible to win "THIS"? He had a good game BUT did what he is supposed to do, not anything beyond it. I'll vote when he does something special, not when he does his job.

It sounds made up.

PAINTERDAVE
11-16-2010, 11:32 PM
I'm thrilled Moreno finaly had his first 100 yard game.
He'll have more. That's great.

Deal is Bronc's have always had a good runner...
then another.

TD was here for what 4 seasons? I think that was like a record.

Mike Anderson. Wilhite. Bell. There are a bunch more...
(Don't bring up Sammy Winder!)

RB's come and go. Good for a season or two...
then another guy comes in from a late round pick...
and BAM... We get a new RB.

Heck... Anderson was a walk on from the marines.

I am looking forward to the O-line getting better and better...
and making any RB we plug in look good.
That is the key... the O-line.

I like Moreno. I was really high on him when we drafted him.
I hope he has a tiger in his tank that we are just now seeing.

Will he be around a long time? Who knows?
I hope he does great the rest of this season.

Congrats, Knowshon... keep up the good energy.