PDA

View Full Version : Something's fishy about this jersey campaign...

itsalloverfatman
11-16-2010, 05:49 PM
We're not buying what Krieger is dealing...

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/a-tidy-push-for-orange

SR
11-16-2010, 06:06 PM
The guy that wrote that article is a dumbass, but the uniform looks sick. I really like the white helmets with the old logo.

Montana Battlin Bear
11-16-2010, 06:14 PM
hopefully this petition gets the job done, I would even be okay if we kept our alternate jerseys and just switched them to our standard jerseys

Italianmobstr7
11-16-2010, 06:23 PM
hopefully this petition gets the job done, I would even be okay if we kept our alternate jerseys and just switched them to our standard jerseys

That would be best in my opinion. I like the current jerseys, I like the logo, but I would love for ORANGE to be our primary color again. The new designed uniform up there looks pretty cool too. Really wonder if that's real or not.

SR
11-16-2010, 06:23 PM
It's a computer design.

Italianmobstr7
11-16-2010, 07:03 PM
It's a computer design.

After looking through a few you can definitely tell that those are not real. No way Nike would release them so early anyways. Still pretty cool though.

Montana Battlin Bear
11-16-2010, 07:06 PM
yeah i highly doubt they're real but i wouldn't be surprised if they were pretty similar to that... whoever designed these made them look pretty similar to the uniforms they did for college football this year

rcsodak
11-16-2010, 07:08 PM
I WANT THE YELLOW!
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

CHARLIEADAMSFAN
11-16-2010, 07:26 PM
I feel like a significant minority but I'm really really going to miss these blue uniforms

Ravage!!!
11-16-2010, 07:31 PM
The majority of these are really ugly. Did you see the patriots one? :lol: Did you see the Bengals??? Wow.. That would make you play bad purely becuase you are embarrassed.

The Jets is pretty nice.. the Bronco one sucks.. but eh HELMET in white .. is Awsome looking! Not saying I want that as a perm change, but that would be pretty cool to see for a one game thing.

CHARLIEADAMSFAN
11-16-2010, 08:00 PM
No where is reporting this as legitimate and the Falcons one even has a by and a username in the right hand corner... are these just elaborate creations of a fan on photoshop? One small site said they were legitimate, but I have trouble fully believing that. Would the Steelers really desert their traditional uniforms? especially for that?

and for the people who don't feel like clicking through the links
http://lulzimg.com/i8/b2de96fd.png

PAINTERDAVE
11-16-2010, 08:49 PM
When they redsesigned the uniforms...
they made a TON of cash from new jersey sales.

It could be that some marketing guy is simply trying to cash in on the
fans nostalgia for the old orange uniforms.

Heck... this could be Phase 2 of the original plan!

"See, Mr Bowlen, what we do is... sell 'em all NEW blue jersys now...
then in a decade... when they are saturated in the marketplace..
we go back to the nostalgic orange and do it all over AGAIN!"

"Brilliant idea, Mr Ellis! Make it so!"

SR
11-16-2010, 08:54 PM
The Cardinals one is sweet looking. I think the Bengals one looks badass. The Eagles one is almost like the Oregon Ducks uniform with the feathers on the shoulders. Same idea with the one Chiefs uniform on there. The Steelers one is awful, but I do like the look of the diamond plate helmet. The old Bucs logo with their new colors is pretty cool.

claymore
11-16-2010, 08:59 PM
Reminds me of the Tennessee volunteers uni's.

Jake Klug
11-16-2010, 09:40 PM
Speaking of something being fishy...has anyone ever bought a VCR that smelled like rotting fish? You should have seen their faces when I brought it back and when they asked me what was wrong with it, I told them, "it smells like fish!".

camdisco24
11-16-2010, 09:57 PM
All those look very arena football to me....

dogfish
11-17-2010, 03:38 AM
come down from the grassy knoll, man-- you've got things a little sideways. . . no one here is shilling for mcdaniels, that just reaks of conspiracy theory. . . tned, the admin of this site, started the petition. . .

and wherever that design you posted came from, it has nothing to do with the petition to return to orange jerseys. . .

KCL
11-17-2010, 07:12 AM
The two for the Chiefs aren't very good IMO...I like that KC hasn't changed their uniforms...I was on Mania here while back and some Bronco fan over there posted what he thinks the other 3 AFCW teams uniforms should look like and he screwed with the Arrowhead and it was bad.

camdisco24
11-17-2010, 07:52 AM
...he screwed with the Arrowhead and it was bad.

Sounds painful!!!

Jake Klug
11-17-2010, 08:45 AM
The two for the Chiefs aren't very good IMO...I like that KC hasn't changed their uniforms...I was on Mania here while back and some Bronco fan over there posted what he thinks the other 3 AFCW teams uniforms should look like and he screwed with the Arrowhead and it was bad.

This isnt about the Chiefs. Stop crapping on threads.

MileHighCrew
11-17-2010, 09:02 AM
I kind of like the Bengals one. http://lulzimg.com/i8/a3d843ef.png

But I am sure KC, Pitt and the Pats for a few wouldn't consider these.

MasterShake
11-17-2010, 09:16 AM
As someone who works in the Marketing and Design industry, I can tell you the images are first of all fan made, and second not gonna happen anytime soon if they were real. It takes years and millions of dollars to establish a Brand identity with a football team, and it always up to the owner of the team what uniforms are used. Nike is just producing the uniforms, and any changes they make to them will still utilize the old design (thread weight, tackle twill, etc.). As most of you recall, Nike was the ones who crafted the NFL uniforms during our Super Bowl runs and Reebok took over later.

The old D logo on the white helmet would never happen. You do not establish a new brand over the course of a decade plus just to slap an old logo up on a new uniform design. If they did something like that, it would be ground up from the CMYK build of the Pantone Colors used to the logo.

There is no consipiracy. The only thing that could happen as a part of this petition would be that the alternate orange jerseys of the current design become our main uniforms, the away would probably stay white, and the all blue would be an alternate. Personally I would love that because it took a long time for me to get used to the new design.

TXBRONC
11-17-2010, 09:18 AM
I really didn't like that design from the article. I like the alternate orange jersey that we have right now. If that became the standard and the blue the alternate I would be fine with that.

Btw the helemet from the concept uniform would be fine but I would rather the helmet be blue. Also I like the old logo but I actually like the newer one better.

LRtagger
11-17-2010, 10:03 AM
Just because Nike won the contract to produce licensed NFL jerseys for the next however many years, does not give them the liberty to redesign every team's logo and uniform.

All it means is Nike will produce the jersey with their fabrics, stitching, etc. It will still look essentially the same unless a particular organization decides to change their logo...in which case they will probably design it themselves and perhaps even let the fans have some input. Nike wont be designing jack except the fabrics and the way they are sewn together.

jhildebrand
11-17-2010, 11:11 AM
I didn't have the patience to test each link. They took forever to open and several I had to keep refreshing.

Finally made it through the entire set of links. Most are garbage. I agree with Master Shake's post. The logo's on the helmets are facing the wrong direction for many of them.

I did like the Jets uni a lot. That was my favorite logo of their's and the colors and look is awesome. Carolina's look pretty cool as well. Problem is Carolina wouldn't wear all black in the south for home games in the early part of their season.

Ravage!!!
11-17-2010, 11:31 AM
These types of designs aren't made to be full time designs. They are meant to be made/used as a ONE time game...like the throwbacks and how they used these designs in college. Some of these jersey's and helmets were used in the NCAA, and used for ONE game...

I can see the NFL doing this, for a one game "change" in the future for several reasons. One being the marketing on TV,and two being the sales of the shirts/jersey's/whatevers afterwards.

SR
11-17-2010, 12:11 PM
This isnt about the Chiefs. Stop crapping on threads.

Have a little respect. She's not crapping on threads. I'd say that 99% of us here value her insight and respect her as a poster on this board.

SR
11-17-2010, 12:11 PM
I kind of like the Bengals one.

But I am sure KC, Pitt and the Pats for a few wouldn't consider these.

I thought the Pats one was pretty good looking. Extremely patriotic looking.

Jake Klug
11-17-2010, 12:37 PM
Have a little respect. She's not crapping on threads. I'd say that 99% of us here value her insight and respect her as a poster on this board.

This doesnt involve you.

Thnikkaman
11-17-2010, 01:16 PM
This doesnt involve you.

Are you one of those people who can't stand having an opposing fan be a prominent member on a team's message board?

Oh, and doesn't has an apostrophe.

LRtagger
11-17-2010, 03:05 PM
These types of designs aren't made to be full time designs. They are meant to be made/used as a ONE time game...like the throwbacks and how they used these designs in college. Some of these jersey's and helmets were used in the NCAA, and used for ONE game...

Where did you read that?

SR
11-17-2010, 03:51 PM
This doesnt involve you.

Because she is a friend of mine, it does involve me. Don't be a shit. You're new here. Learn who's who before you start running your mouth.

dogfish
11-17-2010, 04:21 PM
Because she is a friend of mine, it does involve me. Don't be a shit. You're new here. Learn who's who before you start running your mouth.

he's not new here. . .

SR
11-17-2010, 04:41 PM
Oct 2010 as a join date...

Either way, he doesn't need to be an ******* to KCL.

frauschieze
11-17-2010, 05:00 PM
And this line of inquiry is officially closed. All comments from this point forward need to be related to the thread topic, i.e. these possible/fake/whatever NFL jersey designs, and NOT other posters.

Thank you.

TimTebow15MVP
11-17-2010, 07:20 PM
i would absolutely kill for that uniform! it kind of reminds me of the old ones but upgraded. im in love with the helmet. please let this happen

TimTebow15MVP
11-17-2010, 07:22 PM
the bengals one is ugly though. they did way too much it looks like a halloween costume. ours is flashy and simple at the sametime thats why it looks good.