PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the Cowboys Game -- Looking Better!

TheSportsGuru
08-18-2008, 09:04 AM
The Broncos picked up their first win of 2008 in a solid effort against the Cowboys.

Here is MHR's breakdown --

http://www.milehighreport.com/2008/8/18/596016/denver-broncos-23-dallas-c

Enjoy!

Thnikkaman
08-18-2008, 09:29 AM
Great article. Thanks for this.

Lonestar
08-18-2008, 10:43 AM
good report overall.. thanks for sharing

underrated29
08-18-2008, 10:52 AM
Will someone post the link for me please.

My computer cant handle it when i try to go there.

Lonestar
08-18-2008, 10:58 AM
Will someone post the link for me please.

My computer cant handle it when i try to go there.

Sorry but he asked us not to copy it over here, as it is copyrighted material..

Please do not cut and paste it in here..

Thnikkaman
08-18-2008, 11:01 AM

Sorry about that. If I had known, I wouldn't have done it.

Grover
08-18-2008, 11:04 AM
I had the same concerns about Domonique Foxworth. He had decent coverage and wrapped up and tackled quite well. But it seemed he wasn't aware of the location of the ball in the air. Let's all hope Foxworth gets better at that and/or that Champ heals quickly and returns for the start of the season.

Niko Koutivedes looks a tad slow to me. His pursuit of the ball carrier had him arriving just in time to congratulate the players who made the tackle.

I was happy with our Safety Play. Both McCree and Manual were into the game and made some good hits.

underrated29
08-18-2008, 11:10 AM

sht. is there anyway around this? :confused:

Lonestar
08-18-2008, 11:15 AM
I had the same concerns about Domonique Foxworth. He had decent coverage and wrapped up and tackled quite well. But it seemed he wasn't aware of the location of the ball in the air. Let's all hope Foxworth gets better at that and/or that Champ heals quickly and returns for the start of the season.

Niko Koutivedes looks a tad slow to me. His pursuit of the ball carrier had him arriving just in time to congratulate the players who made the tackle.

I was happy with our Safety Play. Both McCree and Manual were into the game and made some good hits.

foxworthless is not a great CB, not even sure he is a good one.

When playing top flight WR he plays off them to far and they make the first down catch before he can deflect it but he can tackle after the fact..

When playing tight they run by him and make the catch as long as it is a decently thrown ball.. As long as it is not a perfect pass he has a chance to wrap the tackle up..

Can he play nickle against an OK WR and a OK QB perhaps but any really good QB is going to slice and dice him.. Like they have for years..

BTW Poole is a total loss IMO.. they had him going six ways to Sunday when the WR make a move..

Lonestar
08-18-2008, 11:16 AM

find a computer that will allow you to make the link leap..

His property and his right to keep it on his site.. He makes a living doing this..

NightTrainLayne
08-18-2008, 11:18 AM

It's my understanding (I'm no lawyer), but it's my understanding that it is entirely within the law to post an article as such on a forum/message-board. Especially if you link where it came from.

If you're going to start enforcing that no copy-righted material be posted here, then you're going to lose a huge majority of the content here. Don't you imagine that all those other articles are copy-righted as well?

Lonestar
08-18-2008, 12:03 PM
It's my understanding (I'm no lawyer), but it's my understanding that it is entirely within the law to post an article as such on a forum/message-board. Especially if you link where it came from.

If you're going to start enforcing that no copywrighted material be posted here, then you're going to lose a huge majority of the content here. Don't you imagine that all those other articles are copywrighted as well?

He has asked us in particular not to cut and paste his stuff here.. Since he does not have to post it here as a link and he is a good friend of the forum we are going to respect his wishes..

As long as other posts include the source at this time it is ok to post it..

I hope this clears up this apparent difference of policies..

dogfish
08-18-2008, 12:50 PM

If you're going to start enforcing that no copywrighted material be posted here, then you're going to lose a huge majority of the content here. Don't you imagine that all those other articles are copywrighted as well?

ahhh, but is that other stuff written by broncos fans? we don't wanna play hardball with one of our own. . . .

Thnikkaman
08-18-2008, 01:14 PM
find a computer that will allow you to make the link leap..

His property and his right to keep it on his site.. He makes a living doing this..

Maybe he should make a low bandwidth version of the site. I am sure he can still make revenue since google adds and things like that have low bandwidth versions.

Lonestar
08-18-2008, 01:30 PM
Maybe he should make a low bandwidth version of the site. I am sure he can still make revenue since google adds and things like that have low bandwidth versions.

hey it is his site, his thoughts..

He is good enough to share it with us.. with out someone here having to post the link.. He thinks enough of our site to come here and tell us it is up and running.. He has been a great supporter of our site and contributes to it via his posts..

I thank him for the effort.. :salute:

He could very well ignore us and post it everywhere else instead.. Something about "do not look a gift horse in the mouth"..

:focus:

it was a very well written article found little fault with it, other than my thoughts on foxwortheless.

LordTrychon
08-18-2008, 01:33 PM
Maybe it's a browser setting for me, but the stat lines didn't all fit and I didn't get the TD numbers for our passing game and running game, for instance.

Well written and insightful as usual. :salute:

Thnikkaman
08-18-2008, 01:34 PM
hey it is his site, his thoughts..

He is good enough to share it with us.. with out someone here having to post the link.. He thinks enough of our site to come here and tell us it is up and running.. He has been a great supporter of our site and contributes to it via his posts..

I thank him for the effort.. :salute:

He could very well ignore us and post it everywhere else instead.. Something about "do not look a gift horse in the mouth"..

I have nothing against him trying to make money off of his site. If I could write like him, I would do the same. If he comes back and reads this thread, I would even be willing to help him find an easy way to create a template so that he can create a low bandwidth version of his articles.

I think its good that we are respecting his wishes. I also know that my brain to mouth/fingers filter isn't always working 100%, so please don't interpret my suggestion as snarky or negative criticism.

Thnikkaman
08-18-2008, 01:36 PM
Maybe it's a browser setting for me, but the stat lines didn't all fit and I didn't get the TD numbers for our passing game and running game, for instance.

Well written and insightful as usual. :salute:

Try Ctrl- to shrink the font size to fit your browser.

Lonestar
08-18-2008, 01:38 PM
I have nothing against him trying to make money off of his site. If I could write like him, I would do the same. If he comes back and reads this thread, I would even be willing to help him find an easy way to create a template so that he can create a low bandwidth version of his articles.

I think its good that we are respecting his wishes. I also know that my brain to mouth/fingers filter isn't always working 100%, so please don't interpret my suggestion as snarky or negative criticism.

I just wanted to be clear about it.. HE has been a good guy for us.. I do not want him to think we are not compiling with his wishes..

I'm sure he would like to hear your thoughts in a PM. Perhaps he is unaware he is missing potential folks from visiting his site..

Lonestar
08-18-2008, 01:39 PM
Try Ctrl- to shrink the font size to fit your browser.

did not work for me..

Simple Jaded
08-18-2008, 02:05 PM

:rolleyes:......

Grover
08-18-2008, 03:26 PM
And now back to our originally scheduled program..........

Hey! How about that Broncos/Cowboys game the other night?

I was happy to see our backup QB doing a bit better than the previous game. That wideout #10 (Russell) looked pretty good. Hope he has some practice squad eligibility.

I know this is a joke from another board, but every time someone talks about Jack Williams, I wonder "who's that?". I just don't recognize him without the nickname inserted between his first/last name.

NightTrainLayne
08-18-2008, 03:43 PM
And now back to our originally scheduled program..........

Hey! How about that Broncos/Cowboys game the other night?

I was happy to see our backup QB doing a bit better than the previous game. That wideout #10 (Russell) looked pretty good. Hope he has some practice squad eligibility.

I know this is a joke from another board, but every time someone talks about Jack Williams, I wonder "who's that?". I just don't recognize him without the nickname inserted between his first/last name.

Could you enlighten me as to how that came about? I have seen the nick-name enough to have it branded into my brain as well, but not knowing the joke behind it is starting to bother me.

Maybe I'm the only one, but surely there's someone else out there with the same question.

underrated29
08-18-2008, 03:57 PM
Could you enlighten me as to how that came about? I have seen the nick-name enough to have it branded into my brain as well, but not knowing the joke behind it is starting to bother me.

Maybe I'm the only one, but surely there's someone else out there with the same question.

YES, i would like to know that also. i know that someone at the mane said right when he drafted that he was jack mutha******* williams

Grover
08-18-2008, 04:09 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=69386&highlight=Jack+Williams+Nickname

(I hope that's legal for me to link to that site from here)

Two posters on the 'Mane were in the Chat Room on draft day and they're hockey fans too. There's a hockey player they call Jack MF Johnson, and the same name just sort of got attached to Jack Williams when the team drafted him.

...and the legend was born.

topscribe
08-18-2008, 04:24 PM

If this is from MHR, Guru has given me permission to reproduce some of his
articles over here, provided I give him and his website credit for it, which is
reasonable, of course.

I can do that at popular demand, but I should think it would be just about as
easy to just go over there and read it and take the opportunity to discuss it
with other members there (of which I am one).

-----

Nomad
08-18-2008, 04:34 PM
I gave the BRONCOS a grade of 'B'.

Nature Boy
08-18-2008, 04:43 PM
RBs, Middle Linebacker, 2 rookie OTs, this team is far from being completely ready to really compete for a Super Bowl Ring against teams like the Pats, Colts and Bolts. Cutler and the Wrs will really have to pick up the slack in order to reach 10 or more wins.

tomjonesrocks
08-18-2008, 06:45 PM
He's obviously right about Selvin Young. His ineffectiveness is a major concern--probably my biggest unpleasant surprise at the moment.

turftoad
08-18-2008, 06:50 PM
He's obviously right about Selvin Young. His ineffectiveness is a major concern--probably my biggest unpleasant surprise at the moment.

I've stated this before but this is why I don't see us putting Torain on IR.

The sooner he gets back the better.

Then again, it was one pre season game. Doesn't hold much water.