Def. Pitt

Bench

Rudi Johnson RB
David Garrard QB
Benjamin Watson TE
Jerry Porter WR
Darrell Jackson WR
Phil Dawson K

I'm heavy on WRs because it's a 3 WR League. I've always played in a 2 active WR league.

I'll have to do some hustling to get me another RB for sure, and probably another Defense.

Chime in if ya like.

claymore
08-18-2008, 08:34 AM
Pretty good draft, I just dont like Hasselbeck. There might be some good QB's left on the wire though.

underrated29
08-18-2008, 10:56 AM
Nice looking team. How many teams and scoring would be better to analyze, but overall it looks real competative except as you stated in RB. You can never have to many good running backs.

8/10

Skinny
08-18-2008, 11:34 AM
Pretty good draft, I just dont like Hasselbeck. There might be some good QB's left on the wire though.
Yeah, right before my pick in the second in which i intended to pick a QB, Drew Brees, was picked. Hasselbeck was the best avalaible option at the time so i jumped on it.

Skinny
08-18-2008, 11:35 AM
Nice looking team. How many teams and scoring would be better to analyze, but overall it looks real competative except as you stated in RB. You can never have to many good running backs.

8/10Thanks. It's a 10 player league and i'll have to look a little more into how the scoring goes. This is my first year ever playing Yahoo FF.

dogfish
08-18-2008, 07:21 PM
good team. . . a second kicker is more useless than tits on a boar hog, as JR likes to say-- drop him and grab another RB. . . i have a yahoo team right now with five RBs, but i've never had a team with two kickers in any league, any format. . . you can usually get a kicker off the waiver wire any given week that has a chance of scoring as much as the best kicker in the league--statistical research has proven, there's just not that much difference between them. . . if nobody better is available, handcuff lamont jordan or sammy morris to maroney, or even chris perry to rudi (he's healthy now and has been better in the preseason, and marv says he could win the starting job). . .

Skinny
08-18-2008, 07:44 PM
good team. . . a second kicker is more useless than tits on a boar hog, as JR likes to say-- drop him and grab another RB. . . i have a yahoo team right now with five RBs, but i've never had a team with two kickers in any league, any format. . . you can usually get a kicker off the waiver wire any given week that has a chance of scoring as much as the best kicker in the league--statistical research has proven, there's just not that much difference between them. . . if nobody better is available, handcuff lamont jordan or sammy morris to maroney, or even chris perry to rudi (he's healthy now and has been better in the preseason, and marv says he could win the starting job). . .Yeah, Dawson is currently on the waiver wire in exchange for DeAngelo Williams (who i figured would get over looked). He's the front runner for the starting RB position in Car. with JStewart backing him up. Williams has looked pretty good so far and with Delhomme recovering and getting his game back and their back-up to him still in the air, they'll be leaning pretty heavily on their running game. Edit; And Steve Smith suspended the first two games

I just could'nt make up my mind bewteen him and Folk, both are about the same FF value as each other. I was just having a tough for going back and fourth bewtween the two and who would score more points, Cleve. or Dallas.

Hasselbecks Bye is week 4, so i'll probably hang on to Gerrard till week five. Really depends on which is having the better season till that point. In which i'm hoping to trade one of them maybe in a package deal with another player and pick up a 'need' position. More than likely another RB.

haroldthebarrel
08-19-2008, 09:44 AM
i dont think i would give up on Folk. That offense is going to score a lot of points and sustain a lot of drives.

Hasselbach is steady. will probably not have 30 tds like Brees might but its not bad.

Otherwise I think it is a very competitive roster.

Skinny
08-19-2008, 11:36 AM
i dont think i would give up on Folk. That offense is going to score a lot of points and sustain a lot of drives.

Hasselbach is steady. will probably not have 30 tds like Brees might but its not bad.

Otherwise I think it is a very competitive roster.I agree with you on that offense scoring alot of points. The reason i settled on Folk. Garrett is really making a name for himself as a OC in the League and if anything, they should be plenty of FG attempts to follow which is always good in FF terms.

I agree with you too on Matt and Brees. I expect Brees to have the better TD stat but Hasselbeck is a real solid, steady QB who is'nt going to hurt you with alot of INTs.

Skinny
09-03-2008, 05:52 AM
Second Draft, 12 teams, non-keeper...

Hasselbeck, Matt QB SEA
Barber, Marion RB DAL
Johnson, Larry RB KC
Boldin, Anquan WR ARI
Chambers, Chris WR SD
Holt, Torry WR STL
Miller, Heath TE PIT
Rackers, Neil K ARI
Jaguars DST

Bench...

Forte, Matt RB CHI
Taylor, Fred RB JAC
Washington, Leon RB NYJ
Gonzalez, Anthony WR IND
Lewis, Marcedes TE JAC

underrated29
09-03-2008, 08:26 AM
great team. solid all the way around. good depth.

very nice job!!!

dogfish
09-03-2008, 02:23 PM
damn skinny, that's a hell of a team!

:salute:

you in a league with some fifth graders, or what? :laugh:

Slick
09-03-2008, 02:35 PM

I don't like him either, but I picked him up in my Yahoo league too. He threw for a lot of yards last year. I've got him and Cutler.

That's a solid team Skinny. Your TE's are money.

MOtorboat
09-03-2008, 02:37 PM
Are you in love with Hasselbeck? J/k...I like that second draft. That first draft is really good if its 8 or 10 team league...12, you'll be OK...I'd be starting Maroney over Rudi...and you need another RB...

haroldthebarrel
09-03-2008, 08:25 PM
i dont understand why Taylor often goes as the fourth rb even near the tenth round.
Has the jags stated he will be a clear number two?
Coming off his lone pro bowl season and all. He could be a great great pick and watch out should something happen to MJD.

Skinny
09-03-2008, 09:08 PM
damn skinny, that's a hell of a team!

:salute:

you in a league with some fifth graders, or what? :laugh:Thanks. Actually their all a good 10+ years older than i am and they say they know twice as much as i do lol.

Skinny
09-03-2008, 09:12 PM
Are you in love with Hasselbeck? J/k...I like that second draft. That first draft is really good if its 8 or 10 team league...12, you'll be OK...I'd be starting Maroney over Rudi...and you need another RB...I've hoped and prayed that Brees would be there when the time was right to pick, but both times he's just happened to go right before i wanted to select him. I just give in a play it safe with Hasselbeck. Anderson is one QB that i've been curious in drafting, but with Quinn breathing down his neck, i get a little worried with the slightest struggle with him they yank him.

And yeah, i definitely need another RB.

Skinny
09-03-2008, 09:17 PM
i dont understand why Taylor often goes as the fourth rb even near the tenth round.
Has the jags stated he will be a clear number two?
Coming off his lone pro bowl season and all. He could be a great great pick and watch out should something happen to MJD.I think it's because peeps think he's getting old and worn down. But yet every year he'll get his usual stats. Nothing spectacular but steady and decent. First time i've ever had a chance to nab him so i jumped on it.