PDA

View Full Version : Best Denver sports radio show?

tomjonesrocks
11-16-2010, 11:02 AM
Through the magic of internet radio have been surfing around trying to see if I could find any good sports radio/Broncos talk to listen to at work. So far, I've really struck out--everything I've found has been pretty awful.

Any suggestions? TIA...

Denver Native (Carol)
11-16-2010, 11:10 AM
Through the magic of internet radio have been surfing around trying to see if I could find any good sports radio/Broncos talk to listen to at work. So far, I've really struck out--everything I've found has been pretty awful.

Any suggestions? TIA...

There is not really any that I know of where it will be exclusive Broncos talk. The ticket is strictly local Denver sports:

http://www.877theticket.com/

On the fan, starting at 1:00, is local Denver sports, and Alfred Williams and Mark Schlereth are on there starting at 4:00 - however, they also talk other local sports.

http://www.1043thefan.com/

On KOA, The Ride Home - not sure what time it starts

http://www.850koa.com/pages/ride.html

OldschoolFreak
11-16-2010, 11:20 AM
Sandy Clough is on in the evenings on weeknights (104.3) from like 7-10 or something. He's by far the best in terms of pure analysis. The dude is smart and discusses interesting facets that others don't touch upon.

If you like the Jim Rome type crap you won't like Clough but if you prefer the Scott Van Pelt show level of deep football insight you might like Clough.

The one problem is he takes himself very seriously--probably because he genuinely is a notch above the rest in terms of sports insight.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-16-2010, 11:56 AM
the ticket has on different Broncos, and past Broncos - Elway is on Fridays, Ryan Harris is on there every Tuesday at 11:00 , their home page shows who all has regular shows there.

Right now, they are talking to Klis from the Denver Post on the Broncos. He is also a weekly regular on there.

GEM
11-16-2010, 12:19 PM
I have found that I like 87.7 in the morning and 104.3 after 1.

tomjonesrocks
11-16-2010, 01:46 PM
Thanks!

dogfish
11-16-2010, 02:12 PM
i find clough insufferable most of the time. . . i do like to listen to the drive on 104.3 because i enjoy hearing what stink and alfred williams have to say, even though D-mac is pretty annoying. . .

slim
11-16-2010, 02:16 PM
i find clough insufferable most of the time. . . i do like to listen to the drive on 104.3 because i enjoy hearing what stink and alfred williams have to say, even though D-mac is pretty annoying. . .

Yes, Clough is hard to listen to...unless you like listening to someone that yells over the top of his callers and has no idea when to stop talking. I honestly don't know why he even bothers taking calls.

Mike Evans has the same problem (doesn't know when to stop talking).

Denver Native (Carol)
11-16-2010, 03:22 PM
I have found that I like 87.7 in the morning and 104.3 after 1.

I agree - I do the same thing

GEM
11-16-2010, 03:48 PM
Yes, Clough is hard to listen to...unless you like listening to someone that yells over the top of his callers and has no idea when to stop talking. I honestly don't know why he even bothers taking calls.

Mike Evans has the same problem (doesn't know when to stop talking).

That is what makes Clough unlistenable for me. I can't stand him yelling over callers. It's rude and he's kind of like some of the blowhards around here....if you don't agree with him, you're wrong and don't deserve to have an opinion.

:lol:

GEM
11-16-2010, 05:59 PM
Though lately....I've listened to neither....80's tunes all day via Pandora. :lol: Rockin the Casbah! :rockon:

:laugh: