PDA

View Full Version : Apparently the post game scolding was caught on tape

Jake Klug
11-16-2010, 09:02 AM
Audio of the brief exchange between the two was provided to The Associated Press by WDAF-TV in Kansas City. McDaniels does not speak but Haley can clearly be heard saying as he pointed at the Denver coach and turned to walk away, "There's a lot of (expletive) being talked about you."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81c24a3c/article/chiefs-coach-haley-apologizes-for-mcdaniels-handshake-snub?module=HP_headlines

HORSEPOWER 56
11-16-2010, 09:15 AM
Makes me wonder if the "expletive" (spoken "shit") being talked about him that Haley is referring to is from the guys right there in the organization. Who knows McDaniels better than Pioli, Weiss, and Crennell?

Oh to be a fly on the wall... :heh:

camdisco24
11-16-2010, 09:16 AM
whatadouch.

Jake Klug
11-16-2010, 09:17 AM
Makes me wonder if the "expletive" (spoken "shit") being talked about him that Haley is referring to is from the guys right there in the organization. Who knows McDaniels better than Pioli, Weiss, and Crennell?

That occurred to me as well. It could also be Wiegmann.

Tned
11-16-2010, 09:18 AM

Wasn't McDaniels the OC when NE had the incredible season, and they were going for 4th downs and passing for TDs when they were up by 20-30 points in games?

As I've said elsewhere, I don't think 'running up the score' is a real thing in the NFL, since score/TD ranks and differentials are part of the tie breaking process, therefore it is the coach's job to score every point possible. However, many were pissed off with the Pats that season, and Josh may be associated with that.

MasterShake
11-16-2010, 09:26 AM
Wasn't McDaniels the OC when NE had the incredible season, and they were going for 4th downs and passing for TDs when they were up by 20-30 points in games?

As I've said elsewhere, I don't think 'running up the score' is a real thing in the NFL, since score/TD ranks and differentials are part of the tie breaking process, therefore it is the coach's job to score every point possible. However, many were pissed off with the Pats that season, and Josh may be associated with that.

Many viewed that season as the "Anger Tour" from the Pats in response to spygate. I remember Bellicheck saying that they were giving the other teams chances to stop them on 4th down and they couldn't.

broncofaninfla
11-16-2010, 10:07 AM
Haley is a hot head, he could be talking out of his *ss on this one. The Chiefs could be on the verge of imploding so I'm guessing this won't be the last time he acts like a fool in public.

tomjonesrocks
11-16-2010, 10:31 AM
That quote doesn't really sound like it's in response to running up the score. Sounds like there's personal issues there from way before the game.

rcsodak
11-16-2010, 12:37 PM
oh to be a fly in some posters' heads..... :coffee:
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

silkamilkamonico
11-16-2010, 12:43 PM
LMAO whatevs.

Todd Haley is a classless douche who his own players, past/present, do not like him.

Kurt Warner, one of the nicest guys to ever come through the NFL, could not stand him.

Ravage!!!
11-16-2010, 01:31 PM
LMAO whatevs.

Todd Haley is a classless douche who his own players, past/present, do not like him.

Kurt Warner, one of the nicest guys to ever come through the NFL, could not stand him.

Absolutely... don't like him, never have liked him. This didn't change anything for me, really. The guy is just a jerk.

OrangeHoof
11-16-2010, 03:36 PM
Could it be Haley is looking in the mirror and sees where McDaniels was 12 months ago (watching an unexpectedly great start turn to crap right before his eyes)?

HORSEPOWER 56
11-16-2010, 05:52 PM

Oh I completely agree. I don't think there's such a thing as "running up the score". If you don't play for 60 minutes and you let up on the other team, you end up just like the Oilers vs the Frank Reich led Bills... getting beat.

I was referring to what others might think of McDaniels personally. It's not a secret that McDaniels is one of the most arrogant, high strung HCs in the league (second only maybe to Rex Ryan) which can be a good thing when it motivates and gives confidence to the team, but can be a bad thing when the media, fans, other coaches, and even players see you as aloof and unapproachable. I think it would be interesting to hear how the other coaches in the league feel about him.

KCL
11-16-2010, 06:09 PM
I would never want my team to let up...okay..well maybe at the
2 minute warning in the 2nd half.

You all can hate me for this...but...McD and Haley remind me of one
another...it's like Doc and Johnny Ringo...:lol:

robert ethan
11-16-2010, 06:47 PM
"There's a lot of **** being talked about you!".

"Yeah, I know, some of it just splashed on my hoodie.".

Broncos1988
11-17-2010, 02:36 PM
LOL, haley was just mad that his team got spanked. I think this game will give us the spark that we need to beat the chargers on Monday night! If that happens we are right in the mix of the division.

I Eat Staples
11-17-2010, 05:27 PM
I would never want my team to let up...okay..well maybe at the
2 minute warning in the 2nd half.

You all can hate me for this...but...McD and Haley remind me of one
another...it's like Doc and Johnny Ringo...:lol:

Agreed and they both should consider careers outside of the NFL.

Dirk
11-17-2010, 06:21 PM
Meh...poor sport.

Did Shanny spout off and shake his finger at Reid Monday night after the game? I didn't see the end. I'm guessing not.

Joel
11-17-2010, 10:02 PM
Many viewed that season as the "Anger Tour" from the Pats in response to spygate. I remember Bellicheck saying that they were giving the other teams chances to stop them on 4th down and they couldn't.
Then he must've been so relieved the Giants stopped them on 4th and 13 when they had a four point lead in the Super Bowl. I'm not saying the 49 yard FG attempt was the right call, but I will say I think Pats fans would've preferred 17-17 at the end of regulation to 17-14. How I pray Bellicheck, not McDaniels, made that call....

As to this incident: Meh. Normally I come down on the side of not running up the score, but this year anything's possible and nothing is certain, so I can't blame anyone for it. After what the Faders did to us (which was presumably OK) I can see McDaniels giving the team some discretion when they're beating a good team; I imagine they could use the confidence. The Chiefs coach has apologized for the snub and isn't discussing anything else; McDaniels isn't even discussing that, it seems, which seems pretty classy on his part, IMHO.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-17-2010, 10:07 PM
Meh...poor sport.

Did Shanny spout off and shake his finger at Reid Monday night after the game? I didn't see the end. I'm guessing not.

And on one of the local sports segments on tv last night, they showed Coach McD walking over and shaking Cable's hand.