PDA

View Full Version : Broncos announce victory parade to celebrate regular season win over Chiefs

Jake Klug
11-16-2010, 03:21 AM
Broncos announce victory parade to celebrate regular season win over ChiefsNovember 15th, 2010 No Comments
Posted by Uncle Rico 11:25 PM ET

It used to be that parades in Broncos country were reserved for Super Bowl wins. Apparently, that is no longer the case. Earlier today, Sith Lord and Denver Broncos chief operating officer, Joe Ellis, announced that the team will host a victory parade on Thursday to memorialize the Broncos resounding 49-29 win over the Kansas City Chiefs. Per Ellis’ statement, the parade will be complete with full military regalia in the spirit of old Soviet Union Cold War Era festivals.

Asked to elaborate on the military presence, Ellis said, “we’re counting on the Colorado National Guard to participate in this resplendent event.” Pressed by The Denver Post’s Woody Paige as to the appropriateness of the National Guard’s involvement, Ellis snapped back “I don’t care. The city of Denver and State of Colorado have been funding my mistakes for years… no reason to stop now!”

Ellis did not bother to get the approval of team owner Pat Bowlen but has the full support of head coach Josh McDaniels. McDaniels said “we’re playing on Monday night this week so we have an extra day. Why not have a party? Clearly, we’re a well-oiled machine and don’t need the additional practice. Oh, and I talked to Bill Belichick this morning and he thought it was a great idea.”

The parade will begin at noon and follow the same route as the Broncos Super Bowl XXXIII victory procession. Ellis and co-conspirators McDaniels and general manager Brian Xanders will ride on the first of a planned 50 floats.

http://www.joshmcdanielssucks.com/2010/11/15/broncos-announce-victory-parade-to-celebrate-regular-season-win-over-chiefs/

LOL

BroncoBJ
11-16-2010, 04:03 AM
:lol: :lol: I was reading the whole thing and actually believed it. Then I read the last part and was like " Josh really said that?" Then I saw where it was from :lol:

Damn, I never fall for this stuff. Cant believe I actually did this time. I was wondering why we were having a parade for 1 win anyways :lol:

threefolddead
11-16-2010, 08:24 AM
I paraded all over Missouri with my Broncos stuff. Coincidentally, none of the Chiefs fans would shake my hand.

BroncoNut
11-16-2010, 09:02 AM
that's pretty funny

UrbanBounca
11-16-2010, 09:22 AM
Most teams throw a parade after winning the SB, but since we won't even win our division, you have to celebrate sometime.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

MileHighCrew
11-16-2010, 09:28 AM
Celebrate the small stuff in life. That is one of the keys to happiness. Hell after the last month around here, I would say we all deserve a smile this week.

Lancane
11-16-2010, 11:15 AM
Now that's hilarious...:lol:

tomjonesrocks
11-16-2010, 11:29 AM
funny stuff and interesting website. That 'timeline (of shame)' really breaks it down as well...

rcsodak
11-16-2010, 12:35 PM
:coffee:
....well, there's 2mins of my life I'll never get back....
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

LordTrychon
11-16-2010, 12:41 PM
:lol: :lol: I was reading the whole thing and actually believed it. Then I read the last part and was like " Josh really said that?" Then I saw where it was from :lol:

Damn, I never fall for this stuff. Cant believe I actually did this time. I was wondering why we were having a parade for 1 win anyways :lol:

The title tipped me off.

And then the part about Ellis being a Sith Lord.... Well... :coffee:

:laugh:

The Glue Factory
11-16-2010, 12:47 PM
funny stuff and interesting website. That 'timeline (of shame)' really breaks it down as well...

With a lot of editorial comments infused throughout to shade any opinions toward the author's conclusion. Believe it or not both Elway and Sharpe were trade bait prior to the superbowl wins and Elway was almost ridden out on a rail after a poor 5-11 season in 1990. That following an 11-5 season and followed by a 12-4 season.

Moral of the story: Don't get caught up in the moment (unless it's a superbowl win!)