PDA

View Full Version : Not surprisingly, McDaniels likes the orange jerseys

dogfish
11-15-2010, 05:31 PM
McDaniels would support switch to orange
By Lindsay Jones

There’s something about orange.

The Broncos have played their best two homes while wearing those alternate orange jerseys, including yesterday’s 49-29 win against the Kansas City Chiefs.

“I love the orange jerseys,” coach Josh McDaniels said. “I know we’re only allowed to wear them twice in the regular season and once in the preseason, unless we make them our standard uniform.”

So, that begs the question: Why not make the orange jerseys the standard home attire? Why not ditch the navy blues?

“That decision to make them our permanent uniform would come from Pat,” McDaniels said, referring to team owner Pat Bowlen.

McDaniels said he would be in favor of the switch, should Bowlen and Co. be inclined to make a move. I think many fans would agree.

“I wouldn’t mind it at all,” McDaniels said. “I think we get excited, and the whole thing, everything, from when you walk in the locker room and have all the orange jerseys, it looks different. It wouldn’t bother me at all.”

Your turn, Broncos fans: Would you like to see the team wear orange all the time at home?

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/11/15/mcdaniels-would-support-switch-to-orange/5862/

dogfish
11-15-2010, 05:34 PM
i seriously wish they'd make this happen. . . nothing against the blue jerseys, but the broncos belong in orange-- you don't hear about the Blue Crush. . . orange is part of our identity-- i think of old clips from mile high, the elway days that defined the franchise, and i remember orange in the stands. . .

Canmore
11-15-2010, 05:37 PM
I love the orange jerseys. I would love for them to be the standard home jersey. Orange is synonomous with the Denver Broncos.

dogfish
11-15-2010, 05:39 PM
i'm about to rub one out just thinkin' about it. . . .

camdisco24
11-15-2010, 05:40 PM
100% support for the orange jerseys!
You can't be the orange crush in navy blue!

dogfish
11-15-2010, 05:43 PM
everyone in favor should hit the link and leave comments on the article. . . it's the denver post, you know they have some staffer scanning for PR clues-- let 'em know we want this!

Jake Klug
11-15-2010, 05:44 PM
Count me in as being in the pro-Orange camp. Seeing McDaniels say this actually makes me like him a litte more, however slightly.

Day1BroncoFan
11-15-2010, 05:44 PM
Our colors are orange and blue not blue and orange. My vote for the orange. :2thumbs:

Northman
11-15-2010, 05:45 PM
I want all blue.

Day1BroncoFan
11-15-2010, 05:46 PM
I want all blue.

:tsk:

Nomad
11-15-2010, 05:51 PM
Orange gets my vote as well!!

Denver Native (Carol)
11-15-2010, 06:27 PM
count me in - gotta be orange

tomjonesrocks
11-15-2010, 06:30 PM
Alternate orange as the permanent uni would be great.

CrazyHorse
11-15-2010, 06:30 PM
I want all blue.

What about orange with blue pants. I think that would look cool.

Northman
11-15-2010, 06:33 PM

Its ok, but all Blue ftw. :D

spikerman
11-15-2010, 06:35 PM

That would look too much like the Gators. I vote no on that combo.

Jaws
11-15-2010, 06:36 PM
Lemon.

Day1BroncoFan
11-15-2010, 06:41 PM
Lemon.

:huh:

OrangeHoof
11-15-2010, 06:59 PM
Odd that the alternate orange jersies were death under Shanahan. I loved the look though. If they have the opposite effect under McDaniels, that's great. I think any time a team seeks a new image, it should consider new/alternate uniforms. The best way to say "we're not last year's Broncos" is to wear different jersies.

Jaws
11-15-2010, 07:00 PM
:huh:

A variation on a citrus theme.

I'll have a gin with mine.

Seems I've had enough Whisky.

:shots:

I'm all for citrus btw.

Blue is boring.

broncofaninfla
11-15-2010, 07:00 PM
I hate to say it but I liked the yellow throwbacks they wore last season. I like the orange too but prefer the blue jerseys when they wear the blue pants.

OldschoolFreak
11-15-2010, 07:15 PM
Yeah, orange! I like Blue too but we could have those as our alternates twice a year.

I hope they do it!

OldschoolFreak
11-15-2010, 07:15 PM
Yeah, orange! I like Blue too but we could have those as our alternates twice a year.

I hope they do it!

Jake Klug
11-15-2010, 07:20 PM

I hope they do it!

pnbronco
11-15-2010, 07:24 PM
I love the orange, when I have a choice of what color to pick for a player I always pick the orange. So went over to the blog and voted yes.

LordTrychon
11-15-2010, 07:30 PM
I like the orange.

As the alternate.

Christmas and my Birthday wouldn't be so special if they were every day of the year.

D1g1tal j1m
11-15-2010, 07:31 PM
I first started to follow the Broncos when Orange was their main color. I would love for them to go back to the orange as the primary color.

KCL
11-15-2010, 07:34 PM
i'm about to rub one out just thinkin' about it. . . .

I was about to post I like the orange ones also til I read this..
thanks dog..:tsk:

spikerman
11-15-2010, 07:45 PM
I was about to post I like the orange ones also til I read this..
thanks dog..:tsk:

Now you LOVE the orange, right? ;)

CHARLIEADAMSFAN
11-15-2010, 08:01 PM
i love the blue uniforms... the orange unis get kind of annoying at times...

weazel
11-15-2010, 08:26 PM
I couldnt care less... just win some damn games

UrbanBounca
11-15-2010, 08:35 PM
Orange ultimately gets your attention, and although I do love the blue, I also support a switch to orange.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-15-2010, 08:36 PM
Knowshon is on Broncos Live with Vic & Gary now - they just ask him, and he said he likes the ORANGE :salute:

Tned
11-15-2010, 08:46 PM
i seriously wish they'd make this happen. . . nothing against the blue jerseys, but the broncos belong in orange-- you don't hear about the Blue Crush. . . orange is part of our identity-- i think of old clips from mile high, the elway days that defined the franchise, and i remember orange in the stands. . .

Ok, since Dog wants it, let's send a message. I know online petitions don't normally do shit, but who knows.

This ones for Dog!!

http://www.bringbackbroncosorange.com/

Click above and add your name in support of making the Orange jerseys the primary jerseys again.

EMB6903
11-15-2010, 08:48 PM
the old orange Bronco unis are by far the best NFL jerseys ever.

Im in!

UrbanBounca
11-15-2010, 08:50 PM
Ok, since Dog wants it, let's send a message. I know online petitions don't normally do shit, but who knows.

This ones for Dog!!

Click above and add your name in support of making the Orange jerseys the primary jerseys again.

Signed. I think this is the first time I've ever been first at anything. :salute:

Tned
11-15-2010, 08:53 PM
Signed. I think this is the first time I've ever been first at anything. :salute:

You da man!!

UrbanBounca
11-15-2010, 08:55 PM
You da man!!

It should be posted over on the official Broncos forums, but I can't, they banned me. :beer:

Tned
11-15-2010, 08:57 PM
It should be posted over on the official Broncos forums, but I can't, they banned me. :beer:

I'm sure someone will pass it along.

GEM
11-15-2010, 09:12 PM

I hope they do it!

:confused: Did you run out of your own posting material?

Jake Klug
11-15-2010, 09:15 PM
:confused: Did you run out of your own posting material?

Sadly, yes.

They cant all be "gems".

Denver Native (Carol)
11-15-2010, 09:17 PM
Sadly, yes.

They cant all be "gems".

But they all can be "originals" :tsk:

Jake Klug
11-15-2010, 09:18 PM
But they all can be "originals" :tsk:

Im guessing a lot of what is said has been previously said by someone else in some form or fashion.

shank
11-15-2010, 09:20 PM
Im guessing a lot of what is said has been previously said by someone else in some form or fashion.

pssht. i said that like 2 weeks ago.

Broncolingus
11-15-2010, 09:20 PM

GP, Dog...I'm with ya! :salute:

pnbronco
11-15-2010, 11:08 PM
Well there's over 70 now, great job guys!!!!

BORDERLINE
11-15-2010, 11:16 PM
I'm in favor of All Navy Blue with the navy blue socks for the home games...they look like they are ready to kick azz in them. The orange ones are fine the way they are twice a year. Plus i would also like to see them use the throwbacks a couple of times a year.

frauschieze
11-15-2010, 11:18 PM
Hey T, didn't you do another petition and it worked? I can't remember....

White Dragon
11-15-2010, 11:27 PM
I'm in favor of All Navy Blue with the navy blue socks for the home games...they look like they are ready to kick azz in them. The orange ones are fine the way they are twice a year. Plus i would also like to see them use the throwbacks a couple of times a year.

Teams can only have ONE alternate uniform and throwbacks count as alternates.

The Broncos can't have the orange jersey AND a throwback.

Tned
11-15-2010, 11:29 PM
Hey T, didn't you do another petition and it worked? I can't remember....

Well, this would be the third.

The first was Plummer with wearing the #40 sticker for Tillman. I was in contact with the PR guy at the NFL, sending it to him, and ESPN actually emailed me and asked me if I wanted to do an on air (outside the lines) interview. I was about 95% sure I didn't want to, and that same day Plummer and the NFL reached agreement on a compromise.

I also did one at Mtnman's request for the In Com Plete chant. Other than getting the attention of a couple reporters who were emailed about the petition, that wound up being unnecessary, since there was enough of a general uproar that Roach reversed directions pretty quick on getting rid of the chant.

atwater27
11-15-2010, 11:33 PM
I want the uniforms on OldSchoolFreak's avy.

Foochacho
11-16-2010, 01:04 AM
Anyone who doesn't want orange must be gay. Someone tell Pat to switch if he wants to protect his pooper.

dogfish
11-16-2010, 01:20 AM

This ones for Dog!!

hell yea, that's what i'm talkin' about! i was actually thinking about doing something to that effect, but i'm lazy and it probably wouldn't have gotten done. . . nice work, T. . .

let's do this!

:defense::defense:

Tned
11-16-2010, 01:22 AM

This ones for Dog!!

It's only been up this evening, but word is slowly getting out. 160 signatures and growing.

Let's spread the word to friends and fellow fans.

This picture doesn't totally tell the picture, because there were some orange people up front, but when they got us together for a picture in London, most people were wearing mostly blue, with just orange trim.

It would have been so much cooler if we were all in Orange.

http://www.broncosforums.com/downloads/Broncos_in_London.jpg

dogfish
11-16-2010, 01:27 AM
i passed the link on to a couple dozen people. . .

Tned
11-16-2010, 01:28 AM
i passed the link on to a couple dozen people. . .

You damn well better, considering I lifted the site in the air and screamed "this ones for Dog!!!" and then launched the site.

dogfish
11-16-2010, 01:32 AM
You damn well better, considering I lifted the site in the air and screamed "this ones for Dog!!!" and then launched the site.

:beer:

dogfish
11-16-2010, 01:34 AM
actually, i'll get a chance to talk to a bunch of older broncos fans next week. . . my folks and i are having thanksgiving dinner with my best friend's family, should be thirty or forty people there. . . some of them will probably see it on my friend's mom's facebook page, but i'll make sure everyone knows. . .

Jake Klug
11-16-2010, 02:09 AM
Would it make sense to have a Broncos = Orange page on facebook where it links to the survey?

TXBRONC
11-16-2010, 09:01 AM
That would look too much like the Gators. I vote no on that combo.

I totally agree.