PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins in Need... Time to trade Quinn??

camdisco24
11-15-2010, 03:51 PM
ESPN is reporting that both QB's Pennington and Henne are most likely out for the season. They are now searching for a backup plan.

Is this the right opportunity for the Broncos to trade Brady Quinn for some depth at another position?

Discuss.... Personally I think we should jump on it. No need having 3 QB's on the roster at this point.

Dreadnought
11-15-2010, 03:52 PM
Quinn for a Seventh in 2012 and a half eaten bologna sandwich - SOLD!

Jake Klug
11-15-2010, 03:54 PM
If they'd want him, they should do it. The more I see Quinn, the more I think of how they fubared the situation with Hillis. Maybe they can get something useful for him.

I dont want to trade for a draft pick though. Id want a player in the front 7. I dont trust this regime with draft picks.

T.K.O.
11-15-2010, 03:55 PM
schefter already reported that the phins might take a chance with....simms,branstater or patrick ramsey....so they must like former broncos

Dzone
11-15-2010, 03:57 PM
next year have Tebow with Quinn backing up...Orton is having a huge record season which will bring in a first round choice for trading Orton to buffalo, arizona, San Fran etc...Man, orton is awsome and would hate to see him go...but

Bosco
Trade deadline has passed. Whoever the Dolphins pick up will have to come off the street.

Jake Klug
BTW, can they even trade now? I thought week 6 was the trade deadline.

jhildebrand
11-15-2010, 03:58 PM
Could you actually imagine a "we traded Quinn too soon" thread?

:sick:

camdisco24
11-15-2010, 04:02 PM
Trade deadline has passed. Whoever the Dolphins pick up will have to come off the street.

Forgot all about that!
Guess we're stuck with Quinn then...

honz
11-15-2010, 04:04 PM
Larsen looks like he is much better than Hillis anyways. Hillis would have probably been too intimidated by Tebow's presence to catch that pass yesterday. That box of rocks probably would have let it bounce off his hands directly into his face.

camdisco24
11-15-2010, 04:04 PM
schefter already reported that the phins might take a chance with....simms,branstater or patrick ramsey....so they must like former broncos

Who in their right mind would want simms?? :lol:

Bosco
11-15-2010, 04:07 PM
Larsen looks like he is much better than Hillis anyways. Hillis would have probably been too intimidated by Tebow's presence to catch that pass yesterday. That box of rocks probably would have let it bounce off his hands directly into his face.

He's a better traditional fullback than Hillis, but Hillis is much better suited for the running back role he's currently in.

honz
11-15-2010, 04:10 PM
He's a better traditional fullback than Hillis, but Hillis is much better suited for the running back role he's currently in.
Did you see Larsen trucking over countless defenders on his 10 yard run yesterday? I mean I know it was only one run, but I know explosiveness when I see it. This Larsen cat is a beast. Also, everyone talked about Hillis' hands, but Larsen plucked Tebow's pass out of the air so effortlessly...he may have the best hands the Broncos have seen since Nate Jackson.

red98
11-15-2010, 04:12 PM

Honz = sarcastic at all times

Mike
11-15-2010, 04:13 PM
Did you see Larsen trucking over countless defenders on his 10 yard run yesterday? I mean I know it was only one run, but I know explosiveness when I see it. This Larsen cat is a beast. Also, everyone talked about Hillis' hands, but Larsen plucked Tebow's pass out of the air so effortlessly...he may have the best hands the Broncos have seen since Nate Jackson.

Chad Mustard disagrees.

Bosco
11-15-2010, 04:13 PM
Chad Mustard disagrees.

Patrick Hape says they both suck.

BroncoAV06
11-15-2010, 04:15 PM
Chad Mustard disagrees.

Wesley Duke says don't forget about him, baller.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Dreadnought
11-15-2010, 04:17 PM
Chad Mustard disagrees.

Patrick Hape. 9 TD's in only 32 career catches with Denver. The guy was Money on third and goal from the one.

KCL
11-15-2010, 04:27 PM
ESPN is reporting that both QB's Pennington and Henne are most likely out for the season. They are now searching for a backup plan.

Is this the right opportunity for the Broncos to trade Brady Quinn for some depth at another position?

Discuss.... Personally I think we should jump on it. No need having 3 QB's on the roster at this point.

What happened to Thigpen? They let him go?

LTC Pain
11-15-2010, 04:30 PM

Thigpen took over after the Chads went down and played well. 3rd string to first string in one game. The Fins need a couple of backups off the street ASAP.

KCL
11-15-2010, 04:31 PM
Thigpen took over after the Chads went down and played well. 3rd string to first string in one game. The Fins need a couple of backups off the street ASAP.

I kind of liked Thiggy.

Nomad
11-15-2010, 04:36 PM

Chad Mustard disagrees.

Natemania agrees with honz!!:D

Zweems56
11-15-2010, 04:46 PM

Anyone have a video of the run? I was eating dinner at the time with the game well in hand.

honz
11-15-2010, 04:51 PM
Anyone have a video of the run? I was eating dinner at the time with the game well in hand.
Honestly, not even 1080p video does it justice.

rcsodak
11-15-2010, 05:15 PM

tebow! Guaranteed #1 pick

rcsodak
11-15-2010, 05:18 PM
I think that 'deadline' has been usurped before...

Hurry....somebody check it out!

rcsodak
11-15-2010, 05:20 PM
next year have Tebow with Quinn backing up...Orton is having a huge record season which will bring in a first round choice for trading Orton to buffalo, arizona, San Fran etc...Man, orton is awsome and would hate to see him go...but
buff/sf are happy with their qb's .......ari/minn might be possibilities.

rcsodak
11-15-2010, 05:23 PM
I kind of liked Thiggy.
Huh. I never heard it called that before.

rcsodak
11-15-2010, 05:25 PM
56 might

BroncoWave
11-15-2010, 05:45 PM
I think that 'deadline' has been usurped before...

Hurry....somebody check it out!

I think you are thinking about baseball.

Day1BroncoFan
11-15-2010, 06:42 PM
If we can get anything for Quinn we should do it.

nevcraw
11-15-2010, 07:30 PM

'pends on the refresh rate, IIRC.

atwater27
11-15-2010, 07:35 PM
If we can get anything for Quinn we should do it.

Can we trade him to San Francisco? I hear there are fans over there that would give anything for him.

pnbronco
11-15-2010, 07:37 PM
Who in their right mind would want simms?? :lol:

Thank you, when I read that I went, no that can't be right. Nice, nice man but oh that would be such a scary thought......:shocked:

BroncoStud
11-15-2010, 07:44 PM

Pretty sure the Bills are happy with Fitzpatrick, who does more with less than Orton does.

The Cardinals, 49ers are options, but I would think the Vikings would be the team to make a run at Orton. He could really help them.

EMB6903
11-15-2010, 07:53 PM
Honz = sarcastic at all times

Good ol Honz....

The most un-funniest funny guy on this site.

EMB6903
11-15-2010, 07:56 PM
Ive never really known what is up with Tyler Thigpen.. Im pretty sure hes an undrafted FA but everytime I watch him play Im impressed. Ive never realized why he didnt get any love in KC and even now in Miami.

KCL
11-15-2010, 08:04 PM
Ive never really known what is up with Tyler Thigpen.. Im pretty sure hes an undrafted FA but everytime I watch him play Im impressed. Ive never realized why he didnt get any love in KC and even now in Miami.

Quite a few of the fans loved him..I hated when I heard they let him go.

T.K.O.
11-15-2010, 08:19 PM
they went with ramsey.....simms must be "smokin'" mad:D

jhildebrand
11-15-2010, 10:06 PM
Good ol Honz....

Who is this Honz character everybody speaks of? :confused:

honz
11-16-2010, 12:58 AM
Good ol Honz....

Is this a compliment? :confused:

tomjonesrocks
11-16-2010, 01:15 AM
Quite a few of the fans loved him..I hated when I heard they let him go.

He's kind of a Jake Plummer, yeah? Can be good improvising and is impressive at times but also prone to some bad decisions? That was my uninformed impression from the few games I saw him play--can't understand why he wouldn't get a shot over Ramsey though if it came down to those two guys...

KCL
11-16-2010, 07:15 AM
He's kind of a Jake Plummer, yeah? Can be good improvising and is impressive at times but also prone to some bad decisions? That was my uninformed impression from the few games I saw him play--can't understand why he wouldn't get a shot over Ramsey though if it came down to those two guys...

IMO He was worth keeping as a backup for KC...He played very well at times.

KCL
11-17-2010, 12:49 AM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81c2b506/article/thigpen-works-with-dolphins-first-team-as-henne-sits?module=HP_headlines

Thigpen works with Dolphins' first team as Henne sits

DAVIE, Fla. -- Quarterback Tyler Thigpen took practice snaps running the Miami Dolphins' offense for the first time this season Tuesday as Chad Henne sat out the team's only workout in preparation for Thursday night's game against the Chicago Bears.

Thigpen likely will make his first NFL start since 2008, when he was with Kansas City.

Henne was sidelined Sunday by a left knee injury. Coach Tony Sparano wants the Bears wondering who will play quarterback, and he declined to rule out Henne's availability.

"He has made some progress," Sparano said. "He's feeling a little bit better. We'll see."

Also missing practice were safety Chris Clemons (hamstring) and center Joe Berger (knee). Pro Bowl tackle Jake Long, nursing a shoulder injury, took part but was limited.

Thigpen took only scout-team snaps as the third-string quarterback this season. Following injuries Sunday to Henne and Chad Pennington, Thigpen entered the game in the fourth quarter and closed out Miami's victory over Tennessee.

Thigpen said he's confident he can play well even with little preparation.

"It's definitely a challenge, but no excuses made and no excuses accepted," he said.

Magnificent Seven
11-17-2010, 01:51 AM
Trade Quinn for a stud player... Get Brandstater back.

BCJ
11-17-2010, 04:13 AM
Can we trade him to San Francisco? I hear there are fans over there that would give anything for him.

As long as those pics come with him or live action shots.
It would be perfect for Miami to get Quinn. We can pick up more draft picks and he can suck it up for the Dolphins helping us get a higher pick owed to us by them. Brilliant!