PDA

View Full Version : 10-6? Possible with a (seemingly) powderpuff schedule.

champbronc2
11-15-2010, 03:38 PM
Complete article: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/6013576/denver_broncos_at_36_playoffs_still.html

The division or even placing for the wild card seem easily in reach despite the Denver Broncos being in 4th place in the AFC West.

The rest of the schedule is a seemingly easy schedule. I say seemingly because the Broncos have shown they can beat any team on this schedule (49-28 on the Kansas City Chiefs) and shown they can be inexplicably blown out by any team on the remaining schedule (59-14 against the Oakland Raiders).

[Excerpt]

Seems perfectly possible in my eyes.

Given it is a reach, but this squad has shown they can do it. They are capable.:defense:

Northman
11-15-2010, 03:39 PM
If we can keep scoring 49 points a game, definitely possible.

champbronc2
11-15-2010, 03:45 PM
If we can keep scoring 49 points a game, definitely possible.

Half the teams we play have 50% percentile or lower pass defenses so playing shoot out isn't out of the question.

Dzone
11-15-2010, 03:53 PM
Its not dreaming to think of running the table. Thats an easy schedule except for SD twice and at Oakland and KC...but this team showed some things yesterday...Orton is excellent and Tebow could play a major role in future games...Now, when he comes in, it throws the defense off guard and they dont know what he just might do...Hopefully this means a lot more of Tim Tebow..he could play a big part...Tebow is always ready to be a leader...the Orton/Tebow combo could turn out to be a major breakthrough.,..both are unselfish, team players...it would be exciting...hard to defense

rcsodak
11-15-2010, 03:53 PM
.....lol....this would KILL cugel..... :lol:
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

camdisco24
11-15-2010, 03:54 PM
It can happen!
If it does all faith in McD will be restored in my book.

champbronc2
11-15-2010, 04:00 PM
It can happen!
If it does all faith in McD will be restored in my book.

I'm hoping this season either crashes so we trash McD or we flip things around and keep McD.

At this point I'm not sure what to think of him. Inconsistency leads to big questions.

I feel it would be better to swing either way so the organization can make solid decisions about the future for the Broncos.

silver_black
11-15-2010, 04:04 PM
honestly, how hard do you have to look to find an article like this?

oh, i see. You're the original author.........nevermind

champbronc2
11-15-2010, 04:05 PM
honestly, how hard do you have to look to find an article like this?

oh, i see. You're the original author.........nevermind

Yes, I am lol

I got to writing and just figured I'll publish this since it is a semi-long thought.

Aside from the point though.

BORDERLINE
11-15-2010, 04:07 PM
I want this to happen so Badly
but truth be told we got killed by the raiders
Lowly SF beat us on a neutral field
We did show what we could do yesterday if Mcd get's his head outta his a**
and the o-line and moreno decided to actually play.
all i really hope is we can get back to .500
the loss to SF really shot down my hopes
nobody is a easy win for us this year, if they show up like they did on sunday everygame then maybe just maybe there is a chance...Fingers crossed

Jake Klug
11-15-2010, 04:17 PM
You gotta be careful with this kind of talk. There was this kind of talk last year and it was the kiss of death.

Mike
11-15-2010, 04:19 PM
Let's see if we can make it 2 wins in a row first.

UrbanBounca
11-15-2010, 04:43 PM
I can't help but think that the Chargers are going to bring the Broncos back down to size on Sunday.

TXBRONC
11-15-2010, 04:47 PM
Our next game is in San Diego and we haven't faired to well against the Chargers the past few years.

TXBRONC
11-15-2010, 04:48 PM
I can't help but think that the Chargers are going to bring the Broncos back down to size on Sunday.

We play them on Monday Night mate.

sanluis
11-15-2010, 04:53 PM
:listen:you play the Chargers twice, Oakland again, and KC in KC. Denver could and it would be much more likely Denver loses all those games IMHO.

BroncoWave
11-15-2010, 05:52 PM
Let's see if we can make it 2 wins in a row first.

I've never gotten why fans say this to other fans. That is the players' job, not ours. We can look ahead all we want.

Nomad
11-15-2010, 05:55 PM
:listen:you play the Chargers twice, Oakland again, and KC in KC. Denver could and it would be much more likely Denver loses all those games IMHO.

I don't know about this but I do agree that divisional games should never be considered 'powderpuff'. Actually no schedule is easy in the NFL!!

Day1BroncoFan
11-15-2010, 06:02 PM
If we go 10-6 I'll be very surprised and happy.

Anything is possible I guess, not that likely though.

BroncoBJ
11-15-2010, 06:11 PM
:lol: Beat the Chargers and then maybe I'll think we can do something. That will be a huge one, plus our 3 game road stretch later on. Would love 10-6, but were too inconsistant. :fight:

BroncoStud
11-15-2010, 07:46 PM
I knew we'd see a thread like this...

Has everyone forgotten the Raiders and 49ers not so long ago...?

Denver will be LUCKY to get back to 8-8.

T.K.O.
11-15-2010, 08:08 PM
and 8-8 might win this division:beer::elefant::salute:

The Glue Factory
11-15-2010, 09:03 PM

Which would be a dang shame! Once upon a time nothing less than 10 wins got you to the playoffs in the AFC.

Broncolingus
11-15-2010, 09:30 PM
10-6? Possible with a (seemingly) powderpuff schedule.

I'm going to say, ahhhh...no.

But then again, I picked the Chefs to stop the Bronco's so WTF do I know anyway...

HORSEPOWER 56
11-16-2010, 12:44 AM
If we keep playing like we did last week, the division is not out of the question, but I don't think we really have a shot at a wild card. NE and NYJ are 7-2. Pittsburgh is 6-3 along with Baltimore. I've got to believe that unless these teams just fall apart (which I don't see happening) that the Wildcards will come from the East and North this year.

Wait, wait, wait... are we seriously talking about Playoffs?????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3-eavMSBnk

broncobryce
11-16-2010, 12:52 AM
Half the teams we play have 50% percentile or lower pass defenses so playing shoot out isn't out of the question.

Remember when everyone except Top thought Kyle Orton could never win a shootout? I'm glad he's proven me wrong so far.

TXBRONC
11-16-2010, 08:48 AM

I doubt it. I don't mean to be a wet blanket it's rare for a team to win a divison with a 8-8 record even in a weak one.

Lancane
11-16-2010, 09:18 AM
Some people are just plain delusional...I'm the first to admit that anything could and can happen.

But I feel that some people did not watch the same game as I did against Kansas City! If anything it showed are weaknesses better then any loss has so far, and yes...our offense scored 49 points, but as the game went on, we began to really slow down, and were almost completely useless in the fourth quarter. And just like Oakland, we demoralized their will from the start and that has a lot to do with how the game played out.

If we face a defense that can hold us to 21 points or less, our defense is not good enough, we allow 28 points on average per game, with three teams nearly scoring 30 or more points, two if you take away Kansas City's 29 points. Our offense averages 22.5 points a game, a big part of it being so high is the recent win, it was 19.25 points a game before that. We have four games coming up against Top 10 offenses, twice against San Diego who has the number one overall offense, the sixth overall offense in Houston and then again against Kansas City who is still the tenth overall offense. And let's not forget that we would not have won against San Diego last year without the help of our special teams unit.

All in all, we'll be lucky to get three wins...I'm not an optimist, I'm a realist. The only way to run the table would be to completely outscore most of those teams that remain on our schedule, and two of those teams have Top 10 defenses, we face one of them twice in San Diego!

It's completely asinine to believe that we can win out the rest of the schedule with this team.

broncofaninfla
11-16-2010, 10:11 AM
To have any chance in the post season Denver will most likely need to run the tables on the rest of the season and carry that momentum into the playoffs. Very unlikely but stranger things have happened. Hopefully Denver is turning things around but it will take more than one victory over KC to convince me of that.

TXBRONC
11-16-2010, 10:23 AM
Some people are just plain delusional...I'm the first to admit that anything could and can happen.

But I feel that some people did not watch the same game as I did against Kansas City! If anything it showed are weaknesses better then any loss has so far, and yes...our offense scored 49 points, but as the game went on, we began to really slow down, and were almost completely useless in the fourth quarter. And just like Oakland, we demoralized their will from the start and that has a lot to do with how the game played out.

If we face a defense that can hold us to 21 points or less, our defense is not good enough, we allow 28 points on average per game, with three teams nearly scoring 30 or more points, two if you take away Kansas City's 29 points. Our offense averages 22.5 points a game, a big part of it being so high is the recent win, it was 19.25 points a game before that. We have four games coming up against Top 10 offenses, twice against San Diego who has the number one overall offense, the sixth overall offense in Houston and then again against Kansas City who is still the tenth overall offense. And let's not forget that we would not have won against San Diego last year without the help of our special teams unit.

All in all, we'll be lucky to get three wins...I'm not an optimist, I'm a realist. The only way to run the table would be to completely outscore most of those teams that remain on our schedule, and two of those teams have Top 10 defenses, we face one of them twice in San Diego!

It's completely asinine to believe that we can win out the rest of the schedule with this team.

Don't hit me but the offense scored 42 of the 49 points. One touchdown was from defense. :behindsofa:

TXBRONC
11-16-2010, 10:29 AM
To have any chance in the post season Denver will most likely need to run the tables on the rest of the season and carry that momentum into the playoffs. Very unlikely but stranger things have happened. Hopefully Denver is turning things around but it will take more than one victory over KC to convince me of that.

Even if we did run the table he no assurance that we would make the playoffs. It certainly wouldn't hurt but as you said it's highly unlikely that it will happen.

NightTrainLayne
11-16-2010, 10:47 AM
It all starts with San Diego. Even though they are in third place, I see them as the key team. If they win on Monday night, they will be the favorites to win the division imo.

So. . .we are one game behind SD. We beat them Monday night, and virtually anything is in play.

The key to winning a division is playing well in November and December, and we still have that in front of us. If this team can get some confidence and momentum going it's possible.

But it all starts with the Chargers next Monday night. That is a must-win game.

NightTrainLayne
11-16-2010, 10:49 AM
Even if we did run the table he no assurance that we would make the playoffs. It certainly wouldn't hurt but as you said it's highly unlikely that it will happen.

It would be difficult to envision running the table and not making the playoffs. Doing so would include sweeping KC and SD, and winning in Oakland.

Given that we are only two games behind KC and Oakland, then Oakland is the only team that could stay ahead of us. . .and they essentially would need to win every other game besides the assumed loss to us in that scenario.

Northman
11-16-2010, 11:21 AM
It all starts with San Diego. Even though they are in third place, I see them as the key team. If they win on Monday night, they will be the favorites to win the division imo.

So. . .we are one game behind SD. We beat them Monday night, and virtually anything is in play.

The key to winning a division is playing well in November and December, and we still have that in front of us. If this team can get some confidence and momentum going it's possible.

But it all starts with the Chargers next Monday night. That is a must-win game.

That is the key there. Our history has shown we dont do that in the last few years so if we want to buck the trend thats what has got to happen.

TXBRONC
11-16-2010, 11:43 AM
It would be difficult to envision running the table and not making the playoffs. Doing so would include sweeping KC and SD, and winning in Oakland.

Given that we are only two games behind KC and Oakland, then Oakland is the only team that could stay ahead of us. . .and they essentially would need to win every other game besides the assumed loss to us in that scenario.

True but really the point is that while running the table is possible it is highly unlikely.

ogplife
11-16-2010, 04:09 PM
I think 9-7 is going to win the division. I am not sure we beat the Chargers Monday, but I think every game after that is winnable. One thing I will say is I will be shocked if the Raiders get to 9 wins. Their schedule the last 7 games is BRUTAL.

BCJ
11-16-2010, 06:39 PM
do some of you guys realize that we are part of the powderpuff schedule for other teams? Great win but most in our division have the same type of opponents. We have very winable games on our schedule but also we have lost to these same type of teams already this year. Great win, but no way I look past the next game and that is a tough Nov./Dec. opponent in San Diego.

TXBRONC
11-17-2010, 09:42 AM
I think 9-7 is going to win the division. I am not sure we beat the Chargers Monday, but I think every game after that is winnable. One thing I will say is I will be shocked if the Raiders get to 9 wins. Their schedule the last 7 games is BRUTAL.

Maybe you're right that 9-7 will win the divison but I'm not so sure because that means we can only drop one more game between now and the end of season. The Chargers have been taking us to the woodshed the last few years for the most part regardless of where we play them and we also have to play the Chiefs in K.C.

do some of you guys realize that we are part of the powderpuff schedule for other teams? Great win but most in our division have the same type of opponents. We have very winable games on our schedule but also we have lost to these same type of teams already this year. Great win, but no way I look past the next game and that is a tough Nov./Dec. opponent in San Diego.

One other thing I think people should consider is that over the next five weeks including our upcoming game we have four road game and only one home game in that stretch. We play all three division road games in that stretch and fact our history in K.C. in December isn't good. I'm not writing off any game that hasn't played but winning on the road regardless of how "soft" the schedule appears to be is not easy especially against division rivals