PDA

View Full Version : Some voids can't be filled

ogplife
11-15-2010, 12:59 PM
Just some food for thought, as there is always a lot of pessimism on this forum (even after wins). We can all agree that the heart of any team is its Oline and d line, particularly ends (for 4-3) and linebackers, particulary outside linebackers (for 3-4). We had an injury riddled, young offensive line first half of season. Young, mainly because most people (fans and obviously coaches) agreed at the end of the shanahan era it was time for a change in concept on the O line.

As for the defense. We had Ayers playing on a broken foot the B more game, so you can take your pick and say we were 2-2 when he went down or 2-3. There is no possible way you can tell me that we wouldn't be a much better defense with arguable the best pass rusher in the league and Ayers who looked like he could have been an 8-10 sack, dominant run stuffer, basically a top all around linebacker. I know that everyone has injuries, but this is not our 3-4 ends or one of our wide receiver's getting hurt. These are (outside of the qb) the most important positions on the team, where arguably our 3 best players assume (Clady,Ayers,Doom), there is no fill in for these guys. You can fill in one back up O lineman to a cohesive, experienced unit, but we never had that. You can't find more than 5 guys in this league who will rush the passer on a third down (Third down efficency and turnovers, footballs too most important stats) like doom and there aren't a lot of great all around linebackers in the league.

So my point is while some teams overachieve, anything better than 3-6 at this point would have been player's overachieving and I don't think it's fair to "expect" that. I expect the offense to show improvement, as the line improves and hopefully stays healthy, but I don't expect much improvement from the defense (even if Ayers returns, he likely won't be the player we saw earlier by the end of the season). So my suggestion to many is to lay off Mcdaniels and be more realistic. Every team has years where they are just unlucky and this was our year. We have a good quarterback, but we don't have a franchise quarterback (brady, manning) to bail us out through the injuries and I accept that, love my team and will root for my team and its coach to perform well, hopefully others will follow.

Jake Klug
11-15-2010, 01:02 PM
¶ ...............

Broncolingus
11-15-2010, 01:05 PM
Sir/Ma'am.Willyoupleaseuseparagraphsandtwospacesaftery oursentences.Itmakesiteasiertoread.Thankyou.

shank
11-15-2010, 01:07 PM
¶ ...............

Sir/Ma'am.Willyoupleaseuseparagraphsandtwospacesaftery oursentences.Itmakesiteasiertoread.Thankyou.

i was going to use deductive reasoning to find out what the OP had said, based on responses. but instead, i learned that the three of us all have something in common... funny, life.

ogplife
11-15-2010, 01:07 PM

Not a difficult read, just refer back to your 3rd grade english book and give it another try. Next time I'll throw a couple LOL'S, omg's, and Wtf's in there to make it more readable.

Mike
11-15-2010, 01:09 PM
My eyes. My eyes. :smack:

slim
11-15-2010, 01:10 PM
My eyes. My eyes. :smack:

I feel dizzy…seriously.

Broncolingus
11-15-2010, 01:12 PM
Apparently, we're to all get out our '3rd grade english books...'

I'll admit, I didn't do that...

ogplife
11-15-2010, 01:14 PM

Fixed it for you. Saved you the trouble of getting the book.

.................. Or you can just ignore my thread completely.

shank
11-15-2010, 01:15 PM

fine, i'll do it. gimme a sec...

apparently the key to deciphering this post is, "I before E." anyone have an enigma machine?

slim
11-15-2010, 01:17 PM

But I can only read at a 2nd grade level!

rcsodak
11-15-2010, 01:18 PM
Not a difficult read, just refer back to your 3rd grade english book and give it another try. Next time I'll throw a couple LOL'S, omg's, and Wtf's in there to make it more readable.
:Hi5:
Nice opening post. But I hope you have your armour handy......
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

BeefStew25
11-15-2010, 01:19 PM
But I can only read at a 2nd grade level!

You live in Oakland?

GEM
11-15-2010, 01:19 PM
Alright guys...he cleaned it up for you. How about talking about the context of his post from here on out. Geez.

rcsodak
11-15-2010, 01:20 PM
I feel dizzy…seriously.
It reads fine on the mobile software.

Ya'll should be ashamed of yourselves. :tsk:

Nomad
11-15-2010, 01:20 PM

apparently the key to deciphering this post is, "I before E." anyone have an enigma machine?

Sometimes I get confused with the words effect and affect!!

BTW, ogp good post! It's a tough crowd today so just roll with it!:D

Jake Klug
11-15-2010, 01:21 PM
Just some food for thought, as there is always a lot of pessimism on this forum (even after wins). We can all agree that the heart of any team is its Oline and d line, particularly ends (for 4-3) and linebackers, particulary outside linebackers (for 3-4). We had an injury riddled, young offensive line first half of season. Young, mainly because most people (fans and obviously coaches) agreed at the end of the shanahan era it was time for a change in concept on the O line.

First of all, what does that even mean? Young, da da da... That certainly is an odd placement of that word. But secondly, I dont really think thats a safe assumption at all. I think a lot of people loathe that they made the change and would very much like the old ZBS back.

As for the defense. We had Ayer's playing on a broken foot the B more game, so you can take your pick and say we were 2-2 when he went down or 2-3. There is no possible way you can tell me that we wouldn't be a much better defense with arguable the best pass rusher in the league and Ayers who looked like he could have been an 8-10 sack, dominant run stuffer, basically a top all around linebacker. I know that everyone has injuries, but this is not our 3-4 ends or one of our wide receiver's getting hurt. These are (outside of the qb) the most important positions on the team, where arguably our 3 best players assume (Clady,Ayers,Doom), there is no fill in for these guys. You can fill in one back up O lineman to a cohesive, experienced unit, but we never had that. You can't find more than 5 guys in this league who will rush the passer on a third down (Third down efficency and turnovers, footballs too most important stats) like doom and there aren't a lot of great all around linebackers in the league.
Everyone has injuries, dude.

So my point is while some teams overachieve, anything better than 3-6 at this point would have been player's overachieving and I don't think it's fair to "expect" that. I expect the offense to show improvement, as the line improves and hopefully stays healthy, but I don't expect much improvement from the defense (even if Ayers returns, he likely won't be the player we saw earlier by the end of the season). So my suggestion to many is to lay off Mcdaniels and be more realistic. Every team has years where they are just unlucky and this was our year. We have a good quarterback, but we don't have a franchise quarterback (brady, manning) to bail us out through the injuries and I accept that, love my team and will root for my team and its coach to perform well, hopefully others will follow.

Whether or not thats true, its still a problem of Josh's own making and he deserves no leeway for taking risks that didnt work.

And sorry but the Broncos are bigger than McDaniels and theyre bigger than Joe Ellis. Sometimes people confuse rooting for the Broncos with rooting for who Joe Ellis tells them to root for.

slim
You live in Oakland?

Alabama.

Broncolingus

...keep that sense of humor, bud - you'll need it here.

-peace-

rcsodak
11-15-2010, 01:22 PM

whats an "enigma machine"?

ogplife
11-15-2010, 01:23 PM
:Hi5:
Nice opening post. But I hope you have your armour handy......

Thanks. That was not my opening post. I have posted a few times before. I know there are some childish people on the forum. I'm not really worried about that. I'm a true broncos fan, not a Tebow lover or Mcd hater. I'm also not really intimidated by internet comedians, it's not the same as the comedian who embarrasses you IN PERSON, at a comedy show.

BroncoStud
11-15-2010, 01:25 PM
Denver had no business losing to the 49ers, that was just pathetic. Should have beaten the J-E-T-S also.

So, in my estimation, if Denver didn't give away 2 games they would be 5-4 right now and right in the hunt for the division.

Jake Klug
11-15-2010, 01:27 PM
Denver had no business losing to the 49ers, that was just pathetic. Should have beaten the J-E-T-S also.

So, in my estimation, if Denver didn't give away 2 games they would be 5-4 right now and right in the hunt for the division.

Yeah, the Jets, Jags, and Niners games were all very winnable even with injuries. They just peed down their legs and you cant blame that on injuries. All teams have injuries.

Nomad
11-15-2010, 01:28 PM

JETS have all the luck, look at all the close games they win!!

KCL
11-15-2010, 01:28 PM
I think what he is trying to say is..Enjoy the win from yesterday...for there will be losses that follow...:eek:

:couch:

I have to admit..I didn't read the whole post...reading isn't one of my
better talents...:lol:

Broncolingus
11-15-2010, 01:30 PM
Yes, there are childish people around here...

http://thebiglead.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Philip-Rivers-Is-Displeased-With-Lunchables.jpg

ogplife
11-15-2010, 01:30 PM
I think what he is trying to say is..Enjoy the win from yesterday...for there will be losses that follow...:eek:

My guess is you haven't answered your cell phone since yesterday either.

Jake Klug
11-15-2010, 01:31 PM

Theres comfort in numbers...and you are a Chiefs fan.

Nomad

I really didn't read it but hi 5ed it anyway because of the crap he was getting!

If it's more than a paragraph my reading comprehension and attention span goes down the tubes!!:D

KCL

Funny thing you mention the 49ers...a certain someone that post here who shall remain unnamed was giving me shit yesterday because we beat Cleveland and the Bills.

shank
11-15-2010, 01:32 PM
whats an "enigma machine"?

An Enigma machine is any of a family of related electro-mechanical rotor machines used for the encryption and decryption of secret messages.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enigma_machine

:D

KCL
11-15-2010, 01:32 PM
Yes, there are childish people around here...

http://thebiglead.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Philip-Rivers-Is-Displeased-With-Lunchables.jpg

He post here?

KCL
11-15-2010, 01:33 PM
My guess is you haven't answered your cell phone since yesterday either.

Did you call?

ogplife
11-15-2010, 01:33 PM
He post here?

We have a Chief fan on the forum, I don't doubt it.

KCL
11-15-2010, 01:34 PM
Theres comfort in numbers...and you are a Chiefs fan.

yes I am..always will be...:salute:

Dzone
11-15-2010, 01:35 PM
Im hopeful as hell about this teams future..KC is a good team..had we gotten thrashed like last year against KC, I would be calling for Mcdaniles to be fired. Somewho Mcds team turned it around and showed something we havent seen.

KCL
11-15-2010, 01:35 PM
I really didn't read it but hi 5ed it anyway because of the crap he was getting!

If it's more than a paragraph my reading comprehension and attention span goes down the tubes!!:D

Same here Nomad..that's why I like rc's post...short and sweet.

Broncolingus
11-15-2010, 01:36 PM
He post here?

You know, I've thought about that before.

We had a thread about posting pics that matched the username, right?

...in that case, I don't see SanLuis being Philly-boi here...

I wonder who is?

shank
thread title made me think of throwing a hotdog down a hallway.

and this...

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/hilarious-photos-50.jpg?w=499&h=395

sorry.

KCL
We have a Chief fan on the forum, I don't doubt it.

Is that Chiefs fan a fan of Phyllis?

KCL
11-15-2010, 01:38 PM
You know, I've thought about that before.

We had a thread about posting pics that matched the username, right?

...in that case, I don't see SanLuis being Philly-boi here...

I wonder who is?

SanLuis is the guy in the cape....Super Super Chargers fan..I'm sure you've seen his video.

topscribe
11-15-2010, 01:39 PM

As for the defense. We had Ayers playing on a broken foot the B more game, so you can take your pick and say we were 2-2 when he went down or 2-3. There is no possible way you can tell me that we wouldn't be a much better defense with arguable the best pass rusher in the league and Ayers who looked like he could have been an 8-10 sack, dominant run stuffer, basically a top all around linebacker. I know that everyone has injuries, but this is not our 3-4 ends or one of our wide receiver's getting hurt. These are (outside of the qb) the most important positions on the team, where arguably our 3 best players assume (Clady,Ayers,Doom), there is no fill in for these guys. You can fill in one back up O lineman to a cohesive, experienced unit, but we never had that. You can't find more than 5 guys in this league who will rush the passer on a third down (Third down efficency and turnovers, footballs too most important stats) like doom and there aren't a lot of great all around linebackers in the league.

Some good points. What encouraged me in this last game is that the LBs were
the stars of the game (on defense - the whole offense starred, too), and they
did it without their two best linebackers.

-----

Jake Klug
11-15-2010, 01:39 PM
yes I am..always will be...:salute:

Only if you don't sell the Camaro.

KCL
11-15-2010, 01:42 PM
Only if you don't sell the Camaro.

I can't...it's sitting on cinder blocks in clay's backyard.

Broncolingus
11-15-2010, 01:44 PM
I can't...it's sitting on cinder blocks in clay's backyard.

Now, ya'll have to guess which one's Clay...:D

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2448/3920365677_ef2001a409_z.jpg?zz=1

shank
11-15-2010, 01:46 PM
Now, ya'll have to guess which one's Clay...:D

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2448/3920365677_ef2001a409_z.jpg?zz=1

trick question!

there's a little bit o' clay in both them fellers, if yer smellin' what i stepped in.

KCL
11-15-2010, 01:49 PM
I miss my boyfriend clay...:sad:

Broncolingus
11-15-2010, 01:49 PM
trick question!

there's a little bit o' clay in both them fellers, if yer smellin' what i stepped in.

Damn it!

Thought I'd get a little further with that one...

...touche, Shank - :salute:

Dreadnought
11-15-2010, 01:53 PM
trick question!

No surprise at all. That there is Clay and his Uncle Snake, fresh out on his work release deal. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, that assault rap was total bullshit.

Broncolingus
11-15-2010, 01:54 PM
...fresh out on his work release deal.

lmfao!

KCL
11-15-2010, 02:02 PM
No surprise at all. That there is Clay and his Uncle Snake, fresh out on his work release deal. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, that assault rap was total bullshit.

Uncle snake..LMAO...remember here while back someone..I think it was our dearly departed Dream posted a video of clay catching gators with his hands...I bet lingus could dig that up.

Broncolingus
11-15-2010, 02:06 PM
Uncle snake..LMAO...remember here while back someone..I think it was our dearly departed Dream posted a video of clay catching gators with his hands...I bet lingus could dig that up.

"I'm your huckleberry..."

:D

Mike
11-15-2010, 02:16 PM
You know, reading the thread title I thought this thread was going to be about Todd Haley again.

KCL
11-15-2010, 02:18 PM
You know, reading the thread title I thought this thread was going to be about Todd Haley again.

No this is about clay...well now it is.