PDA

View Full Version : Do You Remember?

spikerman
08-17-2008, 12:42 PM
Do you all remember last year when the Broncos were destroyed by the Cowboys in the preseason and the Broncos complained about the fact that the Cowboys gameplanned, etc.? I don't know how widespread the ridicule was around the country, but here in Texas the Cowboys' fans and local media were all over the story. They were laughing and calling the Broncos "crybabies", etc.

I don't believe that one preseason game means much, but I was looking at the Cowboys' website and came across these entries.

The starting unit stayed in the game and stopped the next two drives, but the damage was done. Linebacker Bradie James said the Cowboys played their base defense more than they would in a regular game, and the Broncos' gameplan was counter to what they showed in this week's combined practices.

"I thought we played too vanilla against them," head coach Wade Phillips said. "That's my fault."

and from the comments section:

PRESEASON PRESEASON PRESEASON....did everyone forget that? Relax! Remember, this is the time to try different things and different matchup. Plus don't forget that we didn't game plan against Denver....ran mostly the same stuff we did during the combined practices, whereas they gameplanned against us! If you remember, this is the same thing that Denver did the last time we practiced and played them in preaseason. Also, we used mostly our base 3-4 defense, thus the reason Cutler did so well passing......RELAX...IT WILL BE OK!

A little ironic don't you think?

Here's the link: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm?id=CF9C552A-B77F-3BF4-F6F446075B0CF766

I haven't finished going through the website and to be honest, I just finished laughing long enough to post this. Please to enjoy.

SR
08-17-2008, 12:54 PM
Cowboys fans are babies. My room mate is a die hard fan and he kept bitching about Denver opening up their offense like that in a preseason game. Boo-frickety-hoo. Payback is a bitch.

girler
08-17-2008, 01:03 PM
I mentioned last year's preseason game yesterday- about how they blew us out of the water. You KNOW Shanny didn't forget that, if *I* didn't. :rolleyes:

Lonestar
08-17-2008, 01:34 PM
It is a preseason game an early one at that.. We will not be that forunate should they play later in the year.. IMO

spikerman
08-17-2008, 01:39 PM
It is a preseason game an early one at that.. We will not be that forunate should they play later in the year.. IMO
No doubt. I still have serious doubts and concerns about this team. The point of the thread was that after all of the grief Cowboys' fans and the Texas' media gave the Broncos last year they are guilty of the same thing this year.

hamrob
08-17-2008, 01:56 PM
It is a preseason game an early one at that.. We will not be that forunate should they play later in the year.. IMOHey Mr. Cowboy Fan! Glad you're so excited about the Broncos. God forbid we make the playoffs...you might just have to start crying.

honz
08-17-2008, 02:11 PM
The king of all pessimists strikes again!:coffee:

Retired_Member_001
08-17-2008, 03:16 PM

I disagree.

This team worked well. Our offensive line held up for the most part, Cutler made brilliant throws and the WR's were on top form. Defensively, we were without our best corners but we still did a fairly good job. If Dallas themselves are saying they took this game kind of seriously, then this game should have some meaning to it.

ktrain
08-17-2008, 08:44 PM
I thought both teams played pretty vanilla. I did not see a huge amount of trickery or blitzing by either team. Now, to be fair, blitzing out of a 3-4 defense is much more of the norm than not blitzing, so in reality the Cowturds were a little more vanilla than denver.

That said, comparing the amount of game-planning of last years cowturds verses this years broncos is assinine, there is no comparison. What a bunch of pansies those cowturd fans are!

Last year, fatass phillips had to prove he was a good coach by beating the owner that first fired him. this year he looks more secure after going 13-3 with Parcells players. The further from Parcells that team gets the worse they are going to get

gobroncsnv
08-18-2008, 07:06 AM
Don't really see much room for a full "gameplan" when you're running 3 different squads in the game. You won't see the whole playbook in these games, but a good coach will show some of his wrinkles out there now and then just to give future opponents something to noodle over. Preseason does count for that later in the year. Keep'em guessing.

Dreadnought
08-18-2008, 08:08 AM
Arrogant sniveling babies. Gawd I detest that franchise.

SmilinAssasSin27
08-18-2008, 09:03 AM

You forget one important thing...IF we do play them, it'll be in the SuperBowl.

OMorange&blue
08-18-2008, 06:54 PM

Ohhhk....

Day1BroncoFan
08-18-2008, 07:05 PM
Dallas Cowbois; Americas cry baby team.