PDA

View Full Version : Arapaho's take on the game...week 10

arapaho2
11-15-2010, 11:04 AM
first off great game!! a comlete and solid game on all fronts...even with a huge lead late in the second with KC moving the ball and scoreing...i admit i was worried we would collapse...but the team held strong, stayed together and stayed focused

the Good

oline...hats off a solid preformance finaly on both pass blocking and run blocking

orton...solid again...hit them high, hit them low, hit them shallow or deep he was making good choices and good passes. of course there was a few that should have not been thrown and should have been easy picks if not dropped, but still overall a great game

moreno...finaly a 100 yard game...and above and beyond that...a solid beneficial impact in the rush offense from him...he looked determined...ran hard and looked a little faster through the holes....solid game and if he could string together several of those...we have a chance to compete for the west

wrs were solid again....llyod is a solid wr...not great in the yac department...but he will and is a needed componant in todays modern offense....THE JUMP BALL RECIEVER...he can go up and come down with the ball in traffic...Gaff and royal were solid again but i would like to see more balls to royal..the guy is speedy, shifty and looks like if you get him the ball on target in stride he could go the distance from anywhere

defense...was solid as a unit...seemed their best when forcing pressure with the blitz...solid tackling....solid coverages for the most part...i dont like the fact they seemed to ease upon the pressure when we got a huge lead...i believe in the philosophy that if you have your enemy down...you dont give them a chance to get back up...you keep them down...all in all a solid game

the bad...

hard to say it...but champ looked bad today...he was constantly torched by bowe..whether that was the coverage he was forced to play...or just haveing a bad day...when all the other broncos were smiling and joking around he was obviously not pleased with something...Bowe had a huge day...most of that one on one with champ...im not condemming him...he just didnt seem like the shut down corner i remember...we need the great champ back next week

going for a 59 yard FG with a few seconds left and a huge lead...that easily could have been a huge rally point for the chiefs had berry took it all the way...just run the ball for the first down...if you dont get it be satisfied with a 25 point lead....BUT DONT LET THE OTHER TEAM SCORE LAST SECOND POINTS BEFORE THE HALF!!!!

all in all a solid well coached well planned game

jhildebrand
11-15-2010, 01:12 PM
I said two weeks ago that Champ was doggin it. I said the best thing would be to get him gone for something somehow. It is clear he doesn't want to be here. He got beat up pretty good yesterday.

Let's see if he plays like that against SD. I doubt he will because it will be MNF and it will be a chance to show 30 other NFL teams what he can still do.

shank
11-15-2010, 01:24 PM
i was surprised that prater came up short on the long FG. i'm guessing McD called for it because he had the same faith that i did, that if prater missed, it would be left or right, not short and returnable. bad break.

champ didn't look good, but i think the coverages were playing a part. let's not forget that bowe is a very good receiver as well. champ still had some very good plays throughout the game. i think with the big lead, he was coached to absolutely not give up the big plays, even if it means allowing more completions underneath. i still have 100% faith in the guy.

robert ethan
11-15-2010, 01:59 PM
Especially pass defense. Cassell had about 500 yards. I think he may have had a higher rating than Orton by the end of the game. That is two weeks in a row that the defense has been manhandled. Martindale FAILS. Big time.:mad:

KCL
11-15-2010, 02:06 PM
KCL's take on the game...week 10.

Chiefs missed their flight to Denver...didn't show up...I think those were guys pretending to be football players and they brought along a wimp who calls himself the leader of the pack.

Broncos 100
Chiefs 6

topscribe
11-15-2010, 02:49 PM
Especially pass defense. Cassell had about 500 yards. I think he may have had a higher rating than Orton by the end of the game. That is two weeks in a row that the defense has been manhandled. Martindale FAILS. Big time.:mad:

Actually, Orton still had a higher rating. Orton 131.x, Cassel, 116.x.

-----

broncofaninfla
11-15-2010, 03:12 PM
I think Cassel had a good game mainly because Denver was determined not to let KC run the ball against them. I was surprised they went after Champ so much but still have faith he can get the job done.

Dreadnought
11-15-2010, 03:54 PM
Nice write up, as is becoming your standard. They have so far been tough but fair IMO, and well thought out.

Bosco
11-15-2010, 04:00 PM

Martindale didn't fail, he did exactly what he should have done. He gameplanned to stop the run and that combined with the offense giving him a huge lead, allowed him to default into a near prevent defense for half of the game.

arapaho2
11-15-2010, 04:47 PM
i was surprised that prater came up short on the long FG. i'm guessing McD called for it because he had the same faith that i did, that if prater missed, it would be left or right, not short and returnable. bad break.

champ didn't look good, but i think the coverages were playing a part. let's not forget that bowe is a very good receiver as well. champ still had some very good plays throughout the game. i think with the big lead, he was coached to absolutely not give up the big plays, even if it means allowing more completions underneath. i still have 100% faith in the guy.

prater doesnt have a big leg despite the hype...the only place he can consistanly get touchbacks is at mile high...and yesterday they were short

he also had the wind in the Fg attempt...so him being short is perplexing

as for champ...bowe is nowhere near the type of wr that should beat champ all day...he has faced the best wrs in the game and none that i can remember abused him so bad as bowe did

arapaho2
11-15-2010, 04:49 PM

we faced a team that was #1 in rush offense and like 31st in pass offense

just where do you think the defense should have been determined to stop?

had they let charles get going like last year the story would have been just like week 17 last year..they stopped the run while forcing cassel to pass...thats a win in my book

TXBRONC
11-15-2010, 05:10 PM

Playing from behind quarterbacks many times put up big passing yards. The defense was solid all day long. Apparently McDaniels and Martindale went into the game with idea that Cassell wasn't going to beat them throwing the ball. Besided we got what 4 or 5 sacks several pressures and passes knocked down and a defensive touchdown. They did pretty well imho.

robert ethan
11-15-2010, 05:36 PM
You're not going to win very many games when the oppo puts up over 500 yards of offense on you. When their QB has 4 TDs O picks, and a passer rating of 120. About one out of a hundred, I would say.

arapaho2
11-15-2010, 05:57 PM
You're not going to win very many games when the oppo puts up over 500 yards of offense on you. When their QB has 4 TDs O picks, and a passer rating of 120. About one out of a hundred, I would say.

lets count the number of high output offensive game the broncos have lost shall we

week three we had over 500 yards of offense..and lost
week 8 we had over 400 yards of offense and lost

the chiefs are the #1 rush offense in the league...we took that away...we forced a terrible qb to pass....we win

you need to be reminded of week 17

we had over 500 yards of offense...and lost

why?

because we let charles run for 259 yards

figure it out

robert ethan
11-15-2010, 06:01 PM
lets count the number of high output offensive game the broncos have lost shall we

week three we had over 500 yards of offense..and lost
week 8 we had over 400 yards of offense and lost

the chiefs are the #1 rush offense in the league...we took that away...we forced a terrible qb to pass....we win

you need to be reminded of week 17

we had over 500 yards of offense...and lost

why?

because we let charles run for 259 yards

figure it out
...why?.....because the Bronco defense SUCKED, MAJORLY. Martindale is an idiot who coaches mediocrity out of decent, experienced talent. He won't be back next season, and may not last this season.

arapaho2
11-15-2010, 06:11 PM
...why?.....because the Bronco defense SUCKED, MAJORLY. Martindale is an idiot who coaches mediocrity out of decent, experienced talent. He won't be back next season, and may not last this season.

im not proclaiming wink is a great coach..i would love to see him gone

but im not bullheaded enough to look the other way...like you are

the chiefs are the #1 rushing team in the league

we got a huge lead...and then played a soft defense that allowed cassel to pass the ball

we allowed two late in the game meaningless tds ...but we also stopped them on the 1 yard line four times in another

had we let charles run wild, while focusing on the 26th ranked passing offense...you think we still put up all those points

robert ethan
11-15-2010, 06:16 PM
im not proclaiming wink is a great coach..i would love to see him gone

but im not bullheaded enough to look the other way...like you are

the chiefs are the #1 rushing team in the league

we got a huge lead...and then played a soft defense that allowed cassel to pass the ball

we allowed two late in the game meaningless tds ...but we also stopped them on the 1 yard line four times in another

had we let charles run wild, while focusing on the 26th ranked passing offense...you think we still put up all those points

arapaho, when the team was down by 30 points or whatever, OF COURSE THEY'RE GOING TO PASS. There was no doubt of that after the first quarter. What running game were the Broncos expecting to shut down? The Chiefs had not intention of running the ball for the most part of that game and pretty much everyone in the stadium knew that. Or should have known. The Bronco D failed to finish a sitting duck offense. Matter of fact that sitting duck was pecking their eyes out by the end of the game.

arapaho2
11-15-2010, 06:29 PM
arapaho, when the team was down by 30 points or whatever, OF COURSE THEY'RE GOING TO PASS. There was no doubt of that after the first quarter. What running game were the Broncos expecting to shut down? The Chiefs had not intention of running the ball for the most part of that game and pretty much everyone in the stadium knew that. Or should have known. The Bronco D failed to finish a sitting duck offense. Matter of fact that sitting duck was pecking their eyes out by the end of the game.

thats true....but the task at hand was stop charles ...period

you cant just say ok lets drop our game plan now

but again alot of that yardage was meaningless trash points and stats...im not gonna cry over it

silkamilkamonico
11-16-2010, 01:31 AM
thats true....but the task at hand was stop charles ...period

you cant just say ok lets drop our game plan now

but again alot of that yardage was meaningless trash points and stats...im not gonna cry over it

Agreed. Had we let Charles run wild, we probably would have won something like 49-43. Then I would have to agree with the point that robert ethan is trying to make.

TXBRONC
11-16-2010, 10:12 AM

R.E. there have been plenty of things to legitimately criticize this team for but not today. I don't Orton is long term solution at quarterback but he had as good of game as Cassel did and Orton didn't even put the ball on the ground which lead to 6 points Cassel can not say the same thing.

Also R.E. with all due respect you're taking the 500 yards out of context. First of all that the gross yard not the net. In terms of real yards they had 484 yards and we had 452 that difference of only 32 yards for goodness sake.

That really isn't the important stat. What is important is that we had 6 possessions that came away with touchdowns. Which includes going 5 for 5 in the red zone. You more than likely will not lose many games if you can do that.

Again I have been very disappointed with the performance of this team for most of the first half of the season but I'm not going to rag on them when they've played as well as I think they did in this past game.

horsepig
11-16-2010, 02:50 PM
Watch a replay if you can. Champ did very well on Bowe when in press coverage. What we all saw was a pissed off Champ because Wink was pulling him 7-15 yds off the LOS and Bowe made him look like a chump because of it.

A guy as competitive as Champ won't be happy about it. BTW, you didn't see Bowe posturing after his catches on Champ because he knew very well what was going on, IMHO.

Day1BroncoFan
11-16-2010, 02:54 PM
Champ did fine in coverage. Did you see how much time Cassel had to throw? Could you or anyone cover Bowe for that long?

horsepig
11-16-2010, 03:00 PM
Why do so many teams play such a soft defense with a lead? I know why, I've just never beleived it worked very well.

My two favorite Shanny quotes: (1) Regarding being a genius for picking up TD in the 6'th round-"Genius? If I were a genius I'd have picked him in the 1'st."
(2) After being asked by Greg Robinson what he wanted him to do on Green Bay's final possession in the SB-"Just keep doing what's been working!"

Shanny had no intention of laying back and letting Farve have way.

Keep your foot on their throat I say. Keep playing the style that got you the lead to begin with.