PDA

View Full Version : Denver Broncos: Best Offensive Line in the NFL

LRtagger
11-14-2010, 09:36 PM
Ok, not really.

But seriously. I think thats the kind of performance we have been expecting all season. No sacks, no QB hits, and Moreno finally looked like a first round pick. KC has a good Dline and some great pass rushers at OLB.

Hopefully with everyone pretty healthy and playing in the positions they should be playing we can build on that performance and start playing with a balanced offense that produces TDs.

Also, have we failed to convert a single TD with Tebow at QB inside the 5? I would have to look it up, but I dont think so. Even if Tebow doesn't pan out as a full-time QB, he would be well worth the draft pick if he ends up only being a goalline weapon and puts TDs on the board.

Dzone
11-15-2010, 07:57 AM
I saw Beadles moving people out of the way..LG might be his most natural position

gobroncsnv
11-15-2010, 08:03 AM
Having healthy players makes ANY coach or team look better. Granted, we have several of our best still out, some for the season, but this is the best shape the overall team has been in for weeks, but especially at the point of attack. This is something to build on, Lord knows we need that.

Tned
11-15-2010, 08:24 AM
I saw Beadles moving people out of the way..LG might be his most natural position

It's where he worked all offseason, training camp and through the second preseason game until he lost the starting job to Daniels. Back then, they clearly thought Harris was the better RT and Beadles was a good fit at LG. Hopefully, with him having more experience and Harris healthier, the line will be stable now.

Tned
11-15-2010, 08:51 AM
well, that IS the position he was drafted to fill, and he played in all PS. Injuries to RH rewuired him to move, though. Lets just hope he STAYS healthy.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Technically, he moved after he lost the job to Stanley Daniels following the second preseason game. Since he lost the starting LG job, they moved him to right tackle to fill in for Harris.

SOCALORADO.
11-15-2010, 10:08 AM

To see these guys actually making progress and moving others around instead of being moved around is great.
I dont expect perfection and a game where Orton is never touched or sacked or pressured. I just want some consistency and the damn run game to get going, which it did. Hillis had like 80 yards and 30 in recieving against what many claim to be the best defense in the NFL.
Imagine having a healthy Hillis/Moreno tandem for that O-line to work with.
DEN still needs another full-time RB.

camdisco24
11-15-2010, 10:14 AM
I was losing hope (FAST) the past few weeks.
But this game and the performance of the O-line really showed what this team can be all about.
Now that I've seen it, I expect it from here on out.
Its amazing how an offense can be transformed with a little protection.

Broncolingus
11-15-2010, 10:18 AM

We'll see this from most of us, but a healthy team usually does well...

I agree that LG certainly looked like the 'right' spot for Beadles...good point D.

rationalfan
11-15-2010, 10:59 AM
i don't have the numbers in front of me, but since mcd's been the coach the team is something like 7-2 with a healthy ryan harris.

not saying he's the key to victory, but it seems to help. a lot.

broncofaninfla
11-15-2010, 11:06 AM
I'm happy with what I saw but it's one game. They need to do this week in and week out.

rcsodak
11-15-2010, 11:28 AM
i don't have the numbers in front of me, but since mcd's been the coach the team is something like 7-2 with a healthy ryan harris.

not saying he's the key to victory, but it seems to help. a lot.
yes. Aand if people need another example of the importance of a healthy Oline, just look at hoe Pitt's got tore up last night vs NE. The same NE who couldnt do crap vs Cle's healthy Oline.

Hmmmm......maybe Jr WAS right to be railing on patience?
*waiting for "kc's dline just sux"* :coffee:

Krugan
11-15-2010, 11:38 AM
yes. Aand if people need another example of the importance of a healthy Oline, just look at hoe Pitt's got tore up last night vs NE. The same NE who couldnt do crap vs Cle's healthy Oline.

Hmmmm......maybe Jr WAS right to be railing on patience?
*waiting for "kc's dline just sux"* :coffee:

Gotta ask, was KC as good as advertised?

At least temper the excitement until we something more than 1 week of production.

Honestly I think it speaks both ways, the Broncos are growing abit, and the AFC West is weak.

Not going to crown these guys fixed until they start to be consistant, but what a way to start if it is.

broncofaninfla
11-15-2010, 12:47 PM
Gotta ask, was KC as good as advertised?

At least temper the excitement until we something more than 1 week of production.

Honestly I think it speaks both ways, the Broncos are growing abit, and the AFC West is weak.

Not going to crown these guys fixed until they start to be consistant, but what a way to start if it is.

Agreed, I don't know how much of this was KC and how much was actually Denver. Very happy Denver won though and loved the way they did.

rcsodak
11-15-2010, 01:38 PM
Agreed, I don't know how much of this was KC and how much was actually Denver. Very happy Denver won though and loved the way they did.
dont think anybody's crowned them SB bound. Nothing wrong, though, with some positive remarks/feelings.
This team NEEDED a game to build on.

Dzone
11-15-2010, 01:41 PM
what were the O-line stats for the game? Hurries, sacks, etc

broncofaninfla
11-15-2010, 03:06 PM
dont think anybody's crowned them SB bound. Nothing wrong, though, with some positive remarks/feelings.
This team NEEDED a game to build on.

I agree, this is a step in the right direction but it's only one game. This team has stunk it up for a while, it will take more than just this one game before I start feeling better about the direction the team is headed. Until then I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope Denver is really turning things around and once again becoming a force in the NFL.

We beat a division rival soundly at home, kudo's! Lets hope it continues...

BORDERLINE
11-15-2010, 04:15 PM
i honestly tought the O-Line was gonna have trouble with that Tamba Hali fellow...but thy kept him in check

rcsodak
11-15-2010, 04:23 PM
i honestly tought the O-Line was gonna have trouble with that Tamba Hali fellow...but thy kept him in check
yep. He ate clady up last year for whhat, 3 sacks in last year's loss?
Positive progress is always good.