PDA

View Full Version : Props to the Denver Broncos

KCL
11-14-2010, 07:22 PM
Congrats to the Denver Broncos on a huge and much needed win..the game isn't over but it might as well be.

Nomad you were right..I never agreed or disagreed with you but you were
right.I have to admit I didn't think the Chiefs would come out looking as bad as they did.Even my dog was disgusted.

Dog-Kiss my ass....:lol:

My husband said Romeo sat around and ate all week and got fatter...LMAO.

Most of you know that I always come back to give props and take my lumps.

I was texting during the game with my daughter and one of the Bronco fans
from here so it's all good.

I know the Raider fans that post here are happy...:D

Now for this week...let there be peace between Bronco fans,un ban JR...;)
and no Hillis,fire McD,Orton sucks and let Tebow start threads..:laugh:

See you in Kansas City in a couple of weeks.

Ziggy
11-14-2010, 07:36 PM
Stay classy KCL.

Nomad
11-14-2010, 07:37 PM
KCLady we've been having fun going back and forth since 2003!!! Thanks to both of us for being good sports and the rivalry has been fun for decades!!:beer:

Nomad
11-14-2010, 07:38 PM
Stay classy KCL.

She is and always will be!!

KCL
11-14-2010, 07:48 PM
KCLady we've been having fun going back and forth since 2003!!! Thanks to both of us for being good sports and the rivalry has been fun for decades!!:beer:

Like I said...it's all good...:elefant:

KCL
11-14-2010, 07:49 PM
Stay classy KCL.

Thanks Ziggy...I have fun with you guys.

jhildebrand
11-14-2010, 07:51 PM
Classy move, KCL.

Haley's PR people will be calling you :lol:

atwater27
11-14-2010, 07:51 PM
I didn't get the game on my TV. One question... who was covering Dwayne Bowe? He is not that good.

rcsodak
11-14-2010, 08:25 PM
I didn't get the game on my TV. One question... who was covering Dwayne Bowe? He is not that good.
champ. But they were allowing the pass to stop the run. And when his head is in the game, bowe isnt a bad wr. Unless 9td's in 9gns is bad.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

KCL
11-14-2010, 08:27 PM

I don't know...some punk...:laugh:

KCL
11-14-2010, 08:28 PM
Classy move, KCL.

Haley's PR people will be calling you :lol:

I don't have anything to say to them...:rolleyes:

tomjonesrocks
11-14-2010, 08:29 PM
champ. But they were allowing the pass to stop the run. And when his head is in the game, bowe isnt a bad wr. Unless 9td's in 9gns is bad.

Bailey was absolutely embarrassed by Bowe today. Was one of the few real poor performances by the Broncos today. Either his head wasn't in the game for whatever reason, or is upset with his contract situation and dogging it, or he's not the player he used to be by a huge margin and the team made the right decision breaking off extension talks. Probably the worst performance I've ever seen out of Champ.

atwater27
11-14-2010, 08:29 PM

allowing the pass to stop the run? what kind of defense is that?

KCL
11-14-2010, 08:31 PM

I don't know but it worked.

Northman
11-14-2010, 08:36 PM

:lol:

Yea, i laughed at that too.

When your up big you want to eat the clock and force the other team to earn their scores. Allowing a team to pass freely down the field is not doing that.

rcsodak
11-14-2010, 08:36 PM
the #1 rush in the league.
kc usually passes for 200+.

you tell me which is more dangerous.

Besides, how many teams actually win when throwing for 400yds? They had to pass down 35pts. Denver was playing soft. Cassell made some good throws and showed grit staying in there. Which begs the question, WHY WAS HE STILL IN THERE?

KCL
11-14-2010, 08:39 PM
Why the hell didn't McD put Tebow in there and let him drive down the field...pretty sure he could have done it...hell they had the game won before the half.

Northman
11-14-2010, 08:40 PM
Why the hell didn't McD put Tebow in there and let him drive down the field...pretty sure he could have done it...hell they had the game won before the half.

Orton needed more experience with the team.

KCL
11-14-2010, 08:41 PM
Orton needed more experience with the team.

Now that you mention it...I can understand that.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
11-14-2010, 08:42 PM
Chiefs suck. But not as much as the Sparklers.

Bosco
11-14-2010, 08:51 PM
Classy thread.

I Eat Staples
11-14-2010, 09:09 PM
Congrats to the Denver Broncos on a huge and much needed win..the game isn't over but it might as well be.

right.I have to admit I didn't think the Chiefs would come out looking as bad as they did.Even my dog was disgusted.

Regardless of fanhood, you are one of the classiest posters on this board.

You just have bad taste in football teams. :lol:

Bosco
11-14-2010, 09:17 PM
Champ wasn't that bad today. Definitely not one of his better performances, but they were definitely playing to stop the long pass, especially after the first quarter. Pretty classic bend but don't break defense.

I Eat Staples
11-14-2010, 09:19 PM
Champ wasn't that bad today. Definitely not one of his better performances, but they were definitely playing to stop the long pass, especially after the first quarter. Pretty classic bend but don't break defense.

Champ was pretty bad since the first quarter.

BroncoBJ
11-14-2010, 09:21 PM
lol Chiefs. Not sure anyone actually thought that team was legit anyways.

KCL
11-14-2010, 09:22 PM
Regardless of fanhood, you are one of the classiest posters on this board.

You just have bad taste in football teams. :lol:

:fight:

Watchthemiddle
11-14-2010, 09:23 PM

:rofl:

:salute:

KCL
11-14-2010, 09:25 PM
lol Chiefs. Not sure anyone actually thought that team was legit anyways.

Take your smack to a smack thread.

Bosco
11-14-2010, 09:29 PM
Champ was pretty bad since the first quarter.

He wasn't that bad, it just looked that way because of the way they were playing the pass with a huge lead. It was a borderline prevent defense.

BroncoBJ
11-14-2010, 09:31 PM
Take your smack to a smack thread.

:lol: u mad

HORSEPOWER 56
11-14-2010, 09:39 PM

For the same reason he didn't pull Orton for Tebow in the Oakland game. He's trying his damndest to prevent a QB controversy. If Tebow goes in and plays well in a couple of series, the fans and media will create an uncomfortable situation for him to defuse and he'll be questioned and second guessed at every turn (as if he wasn't enough already) about who the QB should be. Tebow has that effect. If Tebow goes in and stinks it up and it backfires on him, McDaniels will look bad for drafting Tebow in the first round in the first place. I don't necessarily agree with Tebow not getting reps in blowouts (win or lose) but it's mostly due to curiosity and wanting him to get real game action leading drives, throwing the ball, and well, being Tebow. I do, however understand why Mcdaniels hasn't done it, yet.

Tebow won't get serious time until we're officially mathematically eliminated. I do like that we are using him to his strength in the redzone. Seriously, has Tebow had the ball inside the 5 and not scored this year? The dude has a nose for the endzone and right now he has the ability for us to play true 11 on 11 football inside the 5 which is a huge advantage.

tomjonesrocks
11-14-2010, 09:44 PM

Couldn't disagree more. Just a horrid performance from Bailey I thought...

atwater27
11-14-2010, 09:49 PM
For the same reason he didn't pull Orton for Tebow in the Oakland game. He's trying his damndest to prevent a QB controversy. If Tebow goes in and plays well in a couple of series, the fans and media will create an uncomfortable situation for him to defuse and he'll be questioned and second guessed at every turn (as if he wasn't enough already) about who the QB should be. Tebow has that effect. If Tebow goes in and stinks it up and it backfires on him, McDaniels will look bad for drafting Tebow in the first round in the first place. I don't necessarily agree with Tebow not getting reps in blowouts (win or lose) but it's mostly due to curiosity and wanting him to get real game action leading drives, throwing the ball, and well, being Tebow. I do, however understand why Mcdaniels hasn't done it, yet.

Tebow won't get serious time until we're officially mathematically eliminated. I do like that we are using him to his strength in the redzone. Seriously, has Tebow had the ball inside the 5 and not scored this year? The dude has a nose for the endzone and right now he has the ability for us to play true 11 on 11 football inside the 5 which is a huge advantage.
Exactly. Great post...

KCL
11-14-2010, 10:09 PM
:lol: u mad

No

Yes

pnbronco
11-15-2010, 01:34 AM
Total Class Act KCL.

BroncoBJ
11-15-2010, 02:21 AM
No

Yes

:lol: Always like messing with you. But we play again in a few weeks so cant really be too happy. Though being 3-6, cant really be too happy either. :fight:

frauschieze
11-15-2010, 02:31 AM
I really thought you guys had this one in the bag. Thanks for showing the class, KCL.

Lancane
11-15-2010, 02:51 AM
Same goes for me...I thought we stood little chance, though the defense I feel let up too much, I am still glad we won.

BTW I still am not sold on McDaniels as the head coach, but one thing is for sure...if we tweak the offense and re-work the defense we may end up a decent team.

Canmore
11-15-2010, 02:59 AM
Same goes for me...I thought we stood little chance, though the defense I feel let up too much, I am still glad we won.

BTW I still am not sold on McDaniels as the head coach, but one thing is for sure...if we tweak the offense and re-work the defense we may end up a decent team.

Getting people healthy was a big plus. Now if they can only stay that way.

Lancane
11-15-2010, 03:37 AM
Getting people healthy was a big plus. Now if they can only stay that way.

What happened today was much more then people being healthy...it was a statement of sorts. McDaniels scripts the plays that are used for the first quarter maybe more. Yes, the offensive line was better prepared and overall better on the field thanks to adjustments and health, but we scored more points in the first quarter then nearly the total we put up as our average a game, mainly still through the passing game but the run game had started to show signs of improvement. I feel that McDaniels who literally is on the 'hot seat' had implemented a better game plan than he has because of such.

That tells me he wants to keep his job, and if he does I hope to see better out of him then the circus' he's created in the past. One thing is for sure, today really showed our weaknesses more then any single one of our losses as far as where we are deficient and need to improve; the defense let up, so that tells me that either Wink has no clue how to adjust a prevent base defense to hold out an opponent or he simply has no idea what he's doing! If our offense would have not been so hot today, Kansas City's could have put up enough to actually beat us on any other day. There still a lot to fix, we still need to add some talent, but Wink needs to improve as a coach IMHO.

Jake Klug
11-15-2010, 03:51 AM
What happened today was much more then people being healthy...it was a statement of sorts. McDaniels scripts the plays that are used for the first quarter maybe more. Yes, the offensive line was better prepared and overall better on the field thanks to adjustments and health, but we scored more points in the first quarter then nearly the total we put up as our average a game, mainly still through the passing game but the run game had started to show signs of improvement. I feel that McDaniels who literally is on the 'hot seat' had implemented a better game plan than he has because of such.

That tells me he wants to keep his job, and if he does I hope to see better out of him then the circus' he's created in the past. One thing is for sure, today really showed our weaknesses more then any single one of our losses as far as where we are deficient and need to improve; the defense let up, so that tells me that either Wink has no clue how to adjust a prevent base defense to hold out an opponent or he simply has no idea what he's doing! If our offense would have not been so hot today, Kansas City's could have put up enough to actually beat us on any other day. There still a lot to fix, we still need to add some talent, but Wink needs to improve as a coach IMHO.

Time will tell. People are excited but we'll see how this is followed up. As of right now, it just means theyre 3-6 this season and 5-14 over their last 19 games. When you look at a lot of those 5 wins, its not like there weren't some games that were won handily. Just look at the Seahawks game and the Giants game last year. Based on that, today's win has little predictive value. But again, time will tell.

Lancane
11-15-2010, 04:13 AM
Time will tell. People are excited but we'll see how this is followed up. As of right now, it just means theyre 3-6 this season and 5-14 over their last 19 games. When you look at a lot of those 5 wins, its not like there weren't some games that were won handily. Just look at the Seahawks game and the Giants game last year. Based on that, today's win has little predictive value. But again, time will tell.

Of course fans are excited we've lost four in a row, this game was expected by most to be a loss. I'm more worried that my initial take on this game being a trap game was inaccurate, and it was a trap game but setting us up for a fall...and I hate to sound all doom and gloom, but watching how the offense started to falter and the defense weakened in the second half. Moreno should have had well over a 150 yards, but he began to lag and barely got over a 100. Our defense at the same time began to let them score more and more...

I'm not using this game as a predictive basis, but I still feel that we're literally not as good as the game today made us look, especially when we look at the second half. We may have only let them gain 50 yards on the ground, but the Chiefs still compiled a 500 yard offensive game against us, mainly through the air!

Jake Klug
11-15-2010, 04:24 AM
Of course fans are excited we've lost four in a row, this game was expected by most to be a loss. I'm more worried that my initial take on this game being a trap game was inaccurate, and it was a trap game but setting us up for a fall...and I hate to sound all doom and gloom, but watching how the offense started to falter and the defense weakened in the second half. Moreno should have had well over a 150 yards, but he began to lag and barely got over a 100. Our defense at the same time began to let them score more and more...

I'm not using this game as a predictive basis, but I still feel that we're literally not as good as the game today made us look, especially when we look at the second half. We may have only let them gain 50 yards on the ground, but the Chiefs still compiled a 500 yard offensive game against us, mainly through the air!

I think youre going in a good direction with this. Ill just expand on this. When Denver ran better than they had against the Jets, it was open to a lot of interpretation and misinterpretation as to whether the running game is more capable than they had been showing vs. NYJ having that little respect for Denver's running game. And sure enough, the running game has continued to be garbage since the Jets game. But, regarding today, was it the case where KC simply didnt respect Denver's running game since Denver has never given them a reason to? If Denver's running game is really what it appeared today, more of that should continue. But as you point out here, its not like Denver continued to run as successfully, which kind of points to it being more about KC than it was about Denver where production in the running game is concerned.

But having said that, having Harris back helps a lot. But I still wouldnt go around bragging about the running game.

Traveler
11-15-2010, 06:50 AM

Classy as always KCL. Just wish your HC would be as classy as you. Punk move by him after the game.

KCL
11-15-2010, 07:16 AM

To be honest I didn't have a good feeling about this game..I posted that somewhere..been watching football to long to know that records mean squat til the playoffs...it happens sometimes when one team can do no wrong and the other can't do anything right...KC is a young team..they will rebound..have to move on and get ready for next week.

KCL
11-15-2010, 07:19 AM
Classy as always KCL. Just wish your HC would be as classy as you. Punk move by him after the game.

Thanks T and I agree about Haley...I didn't like it either.

Dzone
11-15-2010, 08:08 AM
Thank KCL...I was expecting a game like this and looking at the rest of the schedule, well, it is as easy as we could hope for.

rcsodak
11-15-2010, 08:57 AM
dave/scott said they were told by someone that they still feel he's not ready. Of course scott then said thats HOW he learns is by playing. But to be honest, part of 'learning' is protecting yourself from injury. He needs to learn to avoid the big hits, unlike his college days.

rcsodak
11-15-2010, 09:13 AM
Cane, kc is STILL an NFL team. They were in 1st place and showed both pride and their youth. In other words, they still thought they could win. Denver, otoh, just had to answer their scores, knowing the clock was their ally, and stay healthy.
You could see cb was pissed, cuz he'd rather play tighter coverage. Plus, logan said it looked like on a couple of plays where they were in zone, someone (lb or s) weren't in their proper spots and cb was hurt by that. Remember, mcbeth has been out nearly all season and woodyard was prolly rusty as well.

So, how many rushing yards did the #1 rushing team in all of the NFL have??? Just wonderin cuz I'm still seeing more criticizing than accolades. :coffee:

rcsodak
11-15-2010, 09:27 AM
Of course fans are excited we've lost four in a row, this game was expected by most to be a loss.
Nobody has compared this D to Bal's, cane. Good grief! If you gameplan to shutdown one aaspect of a team, especially in the NFL, then most likely theyll go to another if they can. And kc did. But McDNwink didnt think cassell could beat them and they were right. Besides, the offense had to be pooped! Hell, prater hadnt kicked off that many times in 1 gm, let alone the 1st half, he looked like Suh on the FG try. Lol

rcsodak
11-15-2010, 09:34 AM
Pretty frickn sad that kc's given more props than some broncos fans. :coffee:

Broncolingus
11-15-2010, 10:24 AM
Thx, Lady...:salute:

I wish it hadn't been you team that Denver spanked...in fact, those other two idiot teams in the AFC West would've been my preference...

...tell the Chefs to take out that anger over this loss on the Raiduh's and Bolts and ya'll are still in the thick of it for the Division.

Dreadnought
11-15-2010, 10:33 AM

I'm not sure that final bit is fair. IMO the correct defense when defending a 35 point lead is a very deep ultra soft zone, rush the minimum, and keep everything in front of you - a near prevent. They literally didn't have enough time to make up that kind of deficit with 7-10 yard passes, so let Cassel pad his yardage. The stats from This kind of game doesn't tell you all that much. I doubt many KC fans are all jazzed over Cassell's 400+ game, and in truth the real challenge for the Denver D was stopping KC's running attack early. That was accomplished.

Bosco
11-15-2010, 02:43 PM
I'm not sure that final bit is fair. IMO the correct defense when defending a 35 point lead is a very deep ultra soft zone, rush the minimum, and keep everything in front of you - a near prevent. They literally didn't have enough time to make up that kind of deficit with 7-10 yard passes, so let Cassel pad his yardage. The stats from This kind of game doesn't tell you all that much. I doubt many KC fans are all jazzed over Cassell's 400+ game, and in truth the real challenge for the Denver D was stopping KC's running attack early. That was accomplished.

Excellent post. If we're dropping 49 points on teams they can have all the 400 garbage time passing yards they want.

jhildebrand
11-15-2010, 02:57 PM
12/05/2010 stay tuned :D

KC will be especially loud that day!

KCL
11-15-2010, 03:10 PM
12/05/2010 stay tuned :D

KC will be especially loud that day!

oh you know it...:lol:
and when the Raiders visit also.

pnbronco
11-15-2010, 03:13 PM

Right on Dread. KC was the # 1 rushing team coming into yesterdays game and we were the #32 in D on the run. When I heard that I went oh joy..... Posters can hate Coach all they want and will, but the players stepped it up yesterday with pride and performance. Let's not forget KC was on the 1 yard line and did not get in with 4 tries, I would like to think my big mouth yelling it's brains out helped a little tiny bit.

Sorry KCL, you are such a class act, thank you for always being that way.....if I got off topic.....

Dzone
11-15-2010, 03:30 PM
Feels great to be coming off 49-29...and feeling like we have a shot against SD

KCL
11-15-2010, 03:50 PM
Feels great to be coming off 49-29...and feeling like we have a shot against SD

Quit dirtying up my thread with talks of SD...;)

NorthernLights
11-16-2010, 09:15 AM
I went to the game on Sunday and would like to send out my own set of props. My buddies and I attend one game a year at a different venue, with the goal of going to all NFL stadiums. This year, it was Denver and it was awesome!

I was wearing a lightning bolt stocking cap and every single Bronco and Chiefs fan treated me with respect and I did not hear one derogitory thing said my entire trip. We tailgated before the game and had a great time. The stadium is absolutely beautiful and I can see why the city is so proud.

Thank you Denver and all Bronco fans. I found the fans classy, knowledgible about football and I truly enjoyed my time in your beautiful city.

Well done!